Using Just Your Hands!

Stay Hard as Steel!!!

Male Multiple Orgasm
Discover your full Abilities!

Downtime

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by admin at 18,May,12 11:37  other posts of admin
I'm apologizing for the 22 hours downtime the site just went through.

We ran out of space and had to add raid discs and extend the partition. Totally unexpectedly the partition did not want to mount after extension, though not showing any errors. Since we could not estimate how long would it take to resolve this problem, we decided to go a sure way - to create a new partition and copy old one to it. Again, we expected it to take just 3-4 hours, but in reality it took 20 hours, because of almost 2 millions of files of your photos. Yes, besides photos themselves the thumbnails and light versions of photos are also stored and amount of photos must be multiplied by 3, hence almost 2 millions of files. Thus what should have taken only 1 hour, became 22 hour downtime.

Database is on the other server, so it cannot be anything wrong with it, only photo storage was involved in this. Theoretically there should not be any problems caused by that, but if you notice some, please let me know.

Again, I'm sorry for the problem.

New Comment

Comments:
By slipper at 20,May,12 05:20 other posts of slipper 
Thanks for the explanation... I know MANY wondered.

By #59855 at 18,May,12 17:24
From Matt's Wife: Thanks admin

By #220845 at 18,May,12 15:21
I thought maybe it was big ****.

By fila1305 at 18,May,12 14:47 other posts of fila1305 
Thank you for the info, Admin. Good to know everything is up and running again.

By mack at 18,May,12 13:52 other posts of mack 
thanks admin had me worried for a bit

By #147052 at 18,May,12 13:42
Admin, thanks for the update. Not many other sites would inform their uses as well as you did.

By cupar at 18,May,12 12:16 other posts of cupar 
Thanks for the explanation where many would not bother. Just proves what a great site this is
By bella! at 18,May,12 12:26 other posts of bella! 
Thanks cupar, you said it all! And a big thanks to admin for making this an awesome site!
By cupar at 18,May,12 12:29 other posts of cupar 

By #201155 at 18,May,12 13:41
I agree!

By #201155 at 18,May,12 13:40
No problem. I'm no tech expert, but I suspected it must be something like that. Thanks for letting us know, anyway

By #23223 at 18,May,12 12:16
Glad everything came out ok. If the same thing happens with the extended downtime is there a way to contact administration just to let us know everything is ok just working on the server?
By admin at 18,May,12 12:32 other posts of admin 
If I expected this, I would issue a warning a week before. I expected only 1 hour downtime max, which most of you would not notice.

And my mail is on the same server so I could not receive any messages either. I'll think what to do about it.

By #92909 at 18,May,12 11:43
Yeah I lost two days worth of points
By admin at 18,May,12 11:53 other posts of admin 
Only 1 day actually. Sorry.

By #132188 at 18,May,12 11:42
i can donate if $ are the prob
By admin at 18,May,12 11:51 other posts of admin 
Thank you. But it was not a money problem. Something did not work right on the software level. The techs will figure the reason out, though we already have circumvented it.

It's always a problem with big systems - you can't be 100% sure how they work.

Adult Discussion Forum