Embarrassing Stories
Tell Your Story!

Laughably Small Penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

Want a bigger penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

My tomato plants are doing quite well this year!

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by #89828 at 03,Jul,12 09:34
Just thought I'd share.

Similar topics: 1.What's your New Years Resolution(s)   2.Veggy sex   3.Happy Nude year 2014 everyone   4.Happy New Year!   5.It's my one year anniversary on SYD  

New Comment

Comments:
By JustWill at 08,Aug,15 16:54 other posts of JustWill 
Too much rain and cold (once again) at the beginning of summer played three kinds of hell with my tomato plants this year. They look hideous and the leaves at the bottoms have all withered and fallen off. Fortunately, the weather has gotten hotter and drier, and the tops of the plants have survived and are producing lots of fruit. Had my first fresh from the garden tomato in a year with my dinner yesterday. Bliss!
By bella! at 08,Aug,15 19:39 other posts of bella! 
Sincere question, do you have a "green thumb", do you buy plants that you would like to yield the vegetables you would like to eat and keep your fingers crossed or do you read up on how to actually tend to the plants in your garden?

I have a problem with growing anything because there doesn't seem to be soil, only clay. Heck, is it possible that that is why there's a nearby town called Clay Twp? My plantings are done in pots so I can control the soil content and so the moles don't get at them. Getting back to my original thought, have you grown blueberries and if you have, any special tips to pass along?

Home grown tomatoes are so GOOD and it's sad that we have to wait so long to harvest them. I haven't had any luck with growing them and I am ever so grateful when I can find a farmer that will sell me 6 to 8 good sized tomatoes rather than a basket full. There's a fruit and vegetable stand about 10 miles from. As far as roadside stands go, it's rather "big" because in my guesstimation, 5 cars could be there at one time. There's a wooden weathered hand painted sign stating that it is called POTATO JOE'S. Last week there was a BIG traffic jam around this vegetable stand, it was like they were giving something away......DUH! The first crop of Michigan corn had been harvested and was now on sale! This is the best time of the year!
By JustWill at 09,Aug,15 08:59 other posts of JustWill 
I've been vegetable gardening for most of my life. My grandmother, who lived with us until I was 12, taught me a lot about gardening. When I started my own garden, I did quite a bit of research on how to care for the plants--especially the tomatoes.
Still, Mother Nature can be a super bitch at times. She can turn even the most well-tended garden into a wasteland no matter how hard you work.

By bella! at 16,Sep,18 23:19 other posts of bella! 
I'm sure there must be a number if members wondering about the 2018 crop.
By phart at 17,Sep,18 10:41 other posts of phart 
I love working in a garden or my raised beds.But this year was odd.My plants were huge,dark green, but no blooms or fruit in the normal time frame. I finally started getting tomatoes and have made up and froze alot of sauce for pasta and such.
It turned dry and my plants wilted and so forth.But this hurricane brought 8 inches of rain so if they are still kicking maby I will get some more.
If you haven't grown any of the Sun sugar tomatoes,try some. They produce well even in drought conditions and are fun to eat right off the vine in the garden.I start most of my plants from seed and buy them off ebay.
White Wonder Beefsteaks are also a good low acid mater for sandwiches if regular 1's give you stomach issues.And if you like to add variety in colors to the table, these are great as when ripe they are white as snow.
By bella! at 17,Sep,18 12:15 other posts of bella! 
Ah! So you can your own pasta sauce, what a treat! In Michigan, I recall a jingle, hooray for Wednesday because it is Prince spaghetti day. How about making some spaghets some Wednesday and inviting some folks over? Pick me, pick me...

By JustWill at 17,Sep,18 11:04 other posts of JustWill 
This year, the crop was crap.
By bella! at 17,Sep,18 12:08 other posts of bella! 
What about the Early Girl variety that you spoke about? Wasn't your farvest plentiful or you didn't like the taste?
By JustWill at 17,Sep,18 12:31 other posts of JustWill 
It was too cold and wet early in the season. The plants bloomed late, and then the constant rain started. It was just down hill from there. Only managed to get four dozen decent tomatoes from five plants. Even my zucchini--which I normally have to give away because the plants over-produce--were a dud this year. My bell peppers were the only real success (I now have enough stuffed peppers in the freezer to last until next summer.)
By bella! at 17,Sep,18 12:42 other posts of bella! 
Oh, you make up stuffed peppers and freeze them? Nice! I imagine that the "stuffed" part, the ground beef, rice, onions, tomatoes and seasonings do well, it is the freezing process of the pepper that concerns me and from frozen to cooked makes me think that it gets even softer and smooshier.

Hey, is this an appropriate time to toss in a cooter or a dick pic?
By phart at 17,Sep,18 20:59 other posts of phart 
Bell peppers didn't do worth a dam this year either. I grow plants from seed.The purple 1's,red,gold,white and green. Only 1 purple 1 and 4 green 1's so far this year off 10 plants. Don't know why as the soil in the raised beds is really rich and I kept it all watered with rain water from my homemade rain "trap".
I run all the maters,any size,thru the blender,then cut up onion to put in the pot. I use whatever pepper I have handy,bell,banana,and some hot pepper.
I blend a small portion of the peppers and onion so it's flavor is all thru the sauce.cook the stuff on the stove for about a hour,or a 1.5 inch drop in amount in pot.Then freeze. Each container is good for a pound of hamburger.
The Roscato's seem to really help thicken the sauce up.I think I got the spelling right.Roma's are good in it to.
If I am not really bad mistaken the Early Girl was derived from the German Johnson.

By #68656 at 08,May,13 12:01
On the subject of plants it would be of interest to know how Vesse`s garden is progressing, it was well discussed some time back and a former member "pincushion" had quite a fascination about it.
By #274357 at 08,May,13 12:08
I miss that guy, 'Pincushion' and his updates of toilet times in the garden of Vesse.

By #68656 at 08,May,13 12:34
The stories he wrote about the perils of travelling on the Indian rail system were priceless.
I sent a message to Mr.Vesse inviting him to post and update us on his garden.
By Ravioli_Max at 09,Aug,15 08:15 other posts of Ravioli_Max 
I'd like to read his stories.

By #263974 at 12,May,13 15:58
I'm not thinking of that Pincushion very warmly. He and some other guys have made fun of me and my garden. It is very childish and I don't want to answer anyone who makes fun of my garden. I don't plant any vegetables, only flowers and perennials.

By #303133 at 07,Sep,14 17:05
In spite of a cool, wet summer and a late start on the garden, my tomatoes did surprisingly well this year. Unfortunately, the darn things ripen all at once. Now I have five dozen tomatoes in bowls on the counter (NEVER refrigerate a tomato!)and I can't eat them fast enough! I've given so many away that everyone I know is all tomatoed out...
By bella! at 07,Sep,14 18:27 other posts of bella! 
I would so enjoy a garden fresh tomato! There's about a 12 mile stretch from when I leave civilization and enter BFEgypt zone to get home. There are 4 little fruit & vegetable stands and often 3 to 4 farmers selling their crops. It's so tiring trying to haggle with the farmers when you only want 2 ears of corn and 3 or 4 tomatoes, they want to sell you bags of tomatoes and at least one dozen ears of corn......

By Ramil1 at 07,Sep,14 17:59 other posts of Ramil1 
is nt there a country like spain that uses them a lot ...? give some to them f you can

By oldbugle at 21,Jun,14 04:06 other posts of oldbugle 
My toms are doing well this year!.......growing well in pots on my patio. Got several lots of flowers so it will soon be time to pinch out the top shoots.
By #428387 at 21,Jun,14 04:11
I got beefsteak and money maker .What you got friend .
By oldbugle at 21,Jun,14 05:36 other posts of oldbugle 
....Ive got 'moneymaker' and 'garden pearl', which is a cherry variety that has excellent taste and works nicely in sandwiches and salads.

....Also got 'elan' strawberries in pots which have lots of flowers now.

By #82400 at 20,Jun,14 15:50
are you telling them dirty jokes
By sinanff47 at 21,Jun,14 03:33 other posts of sinanff47 
My tomatoes are American--they turn all red if the jokes are 'dirty'.
By #428387 at 21,Jun,14 03:39
I thought you where going to say there red white and blue .
Good job you didn't say they where red skins that's been banned . .
By sinanff47 at 21,Jun,14 03:48 other posts of sinanff47 

Ah, only 'Early Girls' and 'Blue Boys'.

By oldbugle at 21,Jun,14 04:23 other posts of oldbugle 
A lady gardener was concerned that her tomatoes were not turning red and noticed that the mman in the next allotment already had lots of nice red ones,......what, she asked him,was his ****? He told her that they needed to be properly embarrassed to go red and that it was his practice to return to his patch in the evening when everyone was gone, strip naked and do "a little dance" in front of the tom plants,which caused them to go deep red........

The lady grower decided to try this and a couple of weeks later the man asked her how it was working. She said it was a complete failure! Every evening she had tried to embarrass the toms with a nude dance and had even tried some 'bump and grind' while cupping her tits and making lust grunts but the toms had not changed colour......

........she said the Only result had been that her cucumbers were the bigest she had ever seen!
By sinanff47 at 21,Jun,14 04:48 other posts of sinanff47 

By #202451 at 10,May,13 22:14
couple things
1> this is a thread started by a defunct member right? and people still responding...
2> what's with the similar topics list ?
just wondering
By #303133 at 11,May,13 11:01
1. You have something against tomatoes?
2. The word "year".
By #202451 at 11,May,13 17:53
1. nope
2. well, why not melons, or kiwi fruit, or juicy melon balls, or fuzzy kiwi scrumptious nuts, ...
By sinanff47 at 11,May,13 22:05 other posts of sinanff47 
Because those words are NOT in the title.
By #202451 at 11,May,13 22:06
details, details always with the Details
By sinanff47 at 11,May,13 22:23 other posts of sinanff47 
Yes, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it, eh non, 'Mr. Saké Lover'?

By bella! at 13,Mar,13 20:53 other posts of bella! 
Please tell us how your vegetable garden is doing.
By #303133 at 06,May,13 12:11
Just bought my tomato plants yesterday, but am waiting a couple weeks to plant them. The weather has been so wonky, and I am afraid we might get one more frost...
--------------------------------------- added after 118 hours

I was right to wait! We had hail yesterday. Would have pounded the little buggers flat...
By bella! at 08,May,13 12:32 other posts of bella! 
Wonky weather? What state do you live in Will? C'mon, tell me. Please?
By #274357 at 08,May,13 19:12
I know what state Will lives in, but I'm not gonna tell you.

So, there.
By bella! at 09,May,13 10:56 other posts of bella! 
That's quite alright. It's Will's privilege to share whatever information he chooses with whoever he chooses.

By oldbugle at 08,May,13 15:53 other posts of oldbugle 
I have bought tom plantlets this year(instead of growing my own),..the 'spring'has been so late that everything is set back by about 3 weeks at least. The weather is still very hit and miss with overnight frosts that nip the young plants badly so having to protect still although it's well into May,....barmy weather,..barmy country!

I've had my vegetable plot for three seasons now,...the first year the spring was 9 weeks of drought,...second year 9 weeks of continuous rain,...and this year it's very late and cold during those same key 9 weeks!

By topalbatross at 09,May,13 07:32 other posts of topalbatross 
Mine are just shooting - did sow rather late though!

By #301038 at 08,May,13 13:25
It still freezes at night over here... I got my spices growing on the window sill. There is nothing like lasagna with fresh sweet basil and oregano. YUMM
By sinanff47 at 09,May,13 03:51 other posts of sinanff47 
And try and find real lemon thyme anywhere--usually also have to grow it fresh.

By 67malibu at 14,Mar,13 05:01 other posts of 67malibu 
I fucking love tomatoes

By Snake-n-hole at 13,Mar,13 22:59 other posts of Snake-n-hole 
I like turtles.

By #268785 at 03,Jul,12 09:44
Awesome. I love them green and fried with hotsauce.
By botanic at 03,Jul,12 12:38 other posts of botanic 
do you have a recipe , as an Englishman I have never tried them that way and ever since the flim FGTATWC I have hankered after them.
By #89828 at 03,Jul,12 12:55
Ingredients

4 large green tomatoes
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 quart vegetable oil for frying
Directions

Slice tomatoes 1/2 inch thick. Discard the ends.
Whisk eggs and milk together in a medium-size bowl. Scoop flour onto a plate. Mix cornmeal, bread crumbs and salt and pepper on another plate. Dip tomatoes into flour to coat. Then dip the tomatoes into milk and egg mixture. Dredge in breadcrumbs to completely coat.
In a large skillet, pour vegetable oil (enough so that there is 1/2 inch of oil in the pan) and heat over a medium heat. Place tomatoes into the frying pan in batches of 4 or 5, depending on the size of your skillet. Do not crowd the tomatoes, they should not touch each other. When the tomatoes are browned, flip and fry them on the other side. Drain them on paper towels.
By botanic at 05,Jul,12 09:17 other posts of botanic 
Brilliant .. this I will try , cos I think with our terrible weather , there will be a glut of green toms
Cheers
By #89828 at 05,Jul,12 12:22
You are most welcome! Let me know how they turn out for you...
By botanic at 06,Jul,12 07:45 other posts of botanic 
will do !

By Ray10754 at 05,Jul,12 19:48 other posts of Ray10754 
Had a nice garden tomato salad with onions oil and vinager,salt and pepper this evening!! Made it yesterday and left it in the fridge over night! Was supberb! Having a cucumber salad tomorrow !!

By oldbugle at 05,Jul,12 16:22 other posts of oldbugle 
My vegetable patch is more or less a complete washout,...in fact it's waterlogged at the moment and when I oull stuff out it comes out with an audible 'glug' sound........

........Even the poor bloody ants are throwing up little mud hills above the ground and moving into them to avoid the water,...never seen that before!

By slipper at 04,Jul,12 01:05 other posts of slipper 
I could put one of your 'maters in my foreskin and take a pic...

By oldbugle at 03,Jul,12 11:59 other posts of oldbugle 
Here in the UK the toms have been a washout so far along with evrything else!.......

........Wonder how the olympic athletes will get on running in rubber boots.....
By #89828 at 03,Jul,12 12:10
Sorry to hear about the tomato problems in the UK.
The past couple of years in the US have not been kind to our tomatoes. Either too much rain or not enough. Last year, there was a nasty blight which wiped out many gardens. Sad times for tomato lovers!
As to the boot-clad olympians...that COULD make for an interesting race!
By Piercedknob at 03,Jul,12 12:22 other posts of Piercedknob 
I think olympic swimming will be part of EVERY event this year

By #78117 at 03,Jul,12 16:53
Yes oldbugle. So far mine are a wash out too.
By oldbugle at 03,Jul,12 17:37 other posts of oldbugle 
But I've got redcurrants the size of marbles!.......

By bella! at 03,Jul,12 13:44 other posts of bella! 
Please mail me some of your vine ripened tomatos.....

By pifad at 03,Jul,12 12:39 other posts of pifad 
Grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches. Yum Yum

Adult Discussion Forum