Laughably Small Penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

Find local men
to exchange blowjobs

Want a bigger penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

300 recently registered members... WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by leopoldij at 07,Feb,15 17:43  other posts of leopoldij
I have recently been checking the page
/recent_members.php
300 recently registered members
and has realized it's been still for a while.
It used to change daily.
But now, it dies change.
What's the problem? Who knows? Admin?

Anyone else who realized this problem too?

Similar topics: 1.Purging inactive members   2.Picture mode   3.Suddenly I realized what the problem with this site is   4.Tips and tricks,*Ask a member*   5.Site Issues  

New Comment

Comments:
By #444014 at 07,Feb,15 17:51
been like that for while....

Log out....then try to register
By leopoldij at 07,Feb,15 20:15 other posts of leopoldij 
Why register? I'm already registered.

By leopoldij at 07,Feb,15 20:18 other posts of leopoldij 
I see now. ...
TEMPORARY CLOSED

We are sorry, but registration and password recovery are temporary down due to the problems with our SMTP server (i.e. we can't send you emails for now).

Service will be back in 24 hours.

But the page has not been updating for several days now....
That's why I'm asking. ...
By #444014 at 07,Feb,15 20:41
Ask admin... but the message explains the problem....

you need an email notification for an account...if the auto response is fucked....no new accounts can be made....
By leopoldij at 08,Feb,15 12:35 other posts of leopoldij 
How do I ask Admin without posting a message here? Do you know?
--------------------------------------- added after 34 seconds

Why don't they fix the auto response?
By admin at 08,Feb,15 15:39 other posts of admin 
OK, let's see why.

1. We use one big joint SMTP server to send mails. It serves more than a thousand sites. Why I do not set up my own server? Because small servers tend to be blacklisted very easy by anti-spam of a different kind. So at average it's more reliable to use a big SMTP with a history and good "reputation". Those are the consequences of general incompetence of people, instead of fixing mailing protocols 15 years ago to make spam impossible, they did what they always do - went on a road of "social" censorship of spam.

2. A week ago someone hacked one of the users with multiple e-mail accounts. To be clear - that does not have anything to do with this site. Other SMTP user on other hardware with other sites. Those hackers created even more email-accounts from that user's login and pushed over 1 terabyte of spam into SMTP query. Millions of messages.

3. SPAM abuses started to arrive.

4. Admin who installed the SMTP server and know how it works shut down the send mail protocol and started a command that should have cleaned all the spam out of the query, without touching good mail. He expected it would take several hours, may be a day to clean up.

5. The admin suddenly went down with a high fewer, any medication did not help, he was in a very bad condition for almost a week and mostly in bed not coming out into net.

6. The admin finally recovered, checked the process and found out it was still working after a whole week and it was still 300 gigabytes of spam in the query. So he simply dropped the whole query because it's already not important that good mail is lost, after a whole week it probably lost all it's actuality. And restarted the server. Now it should be working.

7. Theoretically I could indeed find another admin to install my own mail server and change all the settings. But:
a) I was expecting it to start working any time soon.
b) Finding another admin who I can trust that he would not leave any backdoors on my server is not that quick anyway
c) Knowing how fucked up modern technology is I prefer to stick to the solution that was working fine in past than to change anything unless it's absolutely necessary.
So I waited.

Well, I doubt even 1 out of 100 members here can fully understand what I wrote here, because normal people are not supposed to know how it works, so I don't even know why I wrote it...
By leopoldij at 08,Feb,15 16:38 other posts of leopoldij 
You are right, not many people understand this (I only do, partially), but thanks for replying anyway. Shows you tried your best. Thanks.

So, is it working now?
By admin at 08,Feb,15 16:43 other posts of admin 
I was promised it works

Adult Discussion Forum