Using Just Your Hands!

Laughably Small Penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

Too addictive?

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by admin at 30,Oct,15 20:18  other posts of admin
Some time ago I added a reason field to the account deletion page to see if I can improve retention of the members here. Surprisingly, totally contradictory reasons have appeared.

One of the most common reasons is "the site is too addictive" or some other form of it like "I'm spending too much time on the site".

I wonder what I could do about it. Add a time management menu where you could set up a time you wish to spend daily and outside of those hours the site blocks the account? I'm befuddled, really.

And I have a related question. I don't really understand what people do here. They say it's too addictive and they spend too much time here, but I do not really see any activity. Not many forum or blog posts, not many comments under pics, about 50 per hour in average - it's not that many, really, in past I had sites with 200+ comments per hour. Chat is mostly empty, or as usual - 10 people in chat and only 2 really write anything.

So, what are you all doing here, that is "too addictive"?

Similar topics: 1.pee hole play   2.Masturbating   3.Getting a bigger dick (not a spammer)   4.This site is too addictive!   5.Ass full when wanking  

New Comment

Comments:
By #495452 at 31,Oct,15 15:05
Could be for the keywords used on search pages. Not many new members are replenishing the #'s. I've seen a lot of pyramids that are formed from new members since their point totals do not equal 80..Advertising is a key parameter to business. My question is this. Why aren't they coming? There are millions upon millions of exhibitionists on this planet.. My opinion is choosing the keywords for search parameters then giving incentives to maintain membership.
By admin at 31,Oct,15 15:24 other posts of admin 
This is irrelevant to what I asked, same as half of replies in this thread, regrettably.

There were 2 questions:

1. Some people leave the site because it's too addictive. I.e. they leave because they actually like the site. This is befuddling, because if people don't like something I may try to change it, but if they leave because they like it, what am I supposed to do with it? Make it worse?

2. What do you do here that is so addictive?

I did not ask opinions on advertising, marketing, search engine optimization and etc.
By #495452 at 31,Oct,15 16:36
Because the people that come here that represent truism are isolated groups of friendships that come to chat which are loyal friendships. The site gives a persona that no other sites can provide for these small pockets. Most sites are come and go while here there is a small family group which gives the addictive aurora. Sometimes drama in chat ironically provides circus spectacles of entertainment. That's why Jerry Springer and Mauri or divorce court, cops,,, ect.... have stayed on the air for all these years, In comparison just to have a site of wanking of mostly gays and bi's without entertainment loses interests from other participants. eventually. The boring people of their dull and useless lives thrive on drama from others. That is what gives the site it's interest, drama and thus addictive tenancies..
By admin at 31,Oct,15 17:26 other posts of admin 
There is very few drama here comparing to other sites. Get on any big forum dedicated to politics and you'll have much more of it.

This, however, shows your own reason of being here.
By #495452 at 31,Oct,15 17:47
My reason for being here is for fun and entertainment. I am respectful towards those that respect me. I can joke around or be serious if its interesting conversations and there are people that enjoy our conversations..When I see flagrant intentions to humiliate others I do take great exceptions and will stand up. For instance,,, razzle4 has made it very clear he is a fake and he has made it clear he does have psuedonames to his own admission. Personally I don't care if he does but when he goes out of his way to pull others out of chatrooms into his own chatroom it causes hostility with others.. Have you checked to see how many people have banned Razzle and Ken? around 170 combined? I couldn't do that if I tried. If I have an opportunity to ignore people I will but will be very angry if one tries to bully through public humiliations.. You have no understandings why I am here. I'm not here to fight you.
By admin at 31,Oct,15 18:05 other posts of admin 
Another post dedicated to your own butthurt and not to the topic I meant.
By #452019 at 03,Nov,15 07:40
burned by admin
--------------------------------------- added after 3 minutes

i forgot to add, i'm more than happy to assist you with your sentence structure and grammar, as you seem to be REALLY struggling. i'd also suggest that you stick to simple words as you seem to exhibit a total lack of understanding and use of more complex words. perhaps a skype SPaG session once a week?
By admin at 04,Nov,15 00:32 other posts of admin 
By all means, please do. English is not my native language and not even a language I speak daily. Half of time I have no idea what I'm actually writing.

By #460385 at 31,Oct,15 02:26
I would suspect the same people who are giving you the addiction excuse are also addicted to Twitter, FaceBook, Pintrest and other social media. This social networking can be an addiction. But there is no way one can be addicted to just this site. At times this site does get slow and go through a slump. A time frame of how long to spend on here each day should be up to each member. After all we are adults. I don't feel like I should be put in timeout by administration. If members are saying addiction is the reason for leaving. Than they are addicted to multiple social medias, not just this site.
By admin at 31,Oct,15 02:30 other posts of admin 
Interesting theory but I do not have any way to verify it.
By #460385 at 31,Oct,15 02:38
Most of this country is addicted to Facebook. It a nonstop rolling tumblr. They constantly check their phones all day in fear they might miss something. Unfortunately your site is the one to pay the price. Because they damn sure ain't giving up their FaceBook.
By #358797 at 31,Oct,15 03:59
I've said before that this site replaced my urge to log into facebook, and quite a few agreed with me on that...

Anyway, I've been here going on 3 years, and I'd be more willing to believe people are becoming "addicted" due to the constant compliments and flattery... Probably just like you said... they likely keep checking in due to fear of missing something that might tickle their ego... I'm sure it'd be easy to get hooked on that if you weren't used to it...

By mr_blue at 03,Nov,15 09:20 other posts of mr_blue 
Have a google for Korean internet addiction,most of the data from that country suggests that it is more to do with g@ming though...but internet addiction is here.

By mr_blue at 31,Oct,15 09:55 other posts of mr_blue 
"So, what are you all doing here, that is "too addictive"?"

Laughing,admin.....that's my addiction,laughing...and I get plenty of laughs here...
By admin at 31,Oct,15 12:21 other posts of admin 
And what is the last thing you laughed here about?
By mr_blue at 03,Nov,15 08:01 other posts of mr_blue 
Member interactions admin....human behaviour...

By #204902 at 30,Oct,15 23:00
we chat privatly
--------------------------------------- added after 116 seconds

and we know eachother very well, have real friends here.
By admin at 30,Oct,15 23:08 other posts of admin 
You don't leave your friends because they are "too addictive". Well, at least I can't imagine doing such a thing myself.

Thanks for the input anyway
By #204902 at 30,Oct,15 23:18
you wanted to know what we do here. That is my answer. I didn t try to answer why people leave.

By pifad at 03,Nov,15 06:52 other posts of pifad 

By #23212 at 03,Nov,15 05:39
Admin, I believe those who say, "too addictive" and then leave are those who have the typical 'addictive personality' problem--they blame everyone, everything but themselves. It's no different than the alcohol/substance abuser addict saying, 'I'm not coming back to your bar because it's too comfortable, the whiskey tastes too good', etc. Their 'I'm spending too much time in your bar' is NOT the bar owner's problem.

By JustWill at 31,Oct,15 19:24 other posts of JustWill 
Honestly,I've never understood the whole "this site is too addictive" thing. Mostly because, while I enjoy the site, I only spend the amount of time here that I wish to spend. I post in the forum and on my blog, and exchange PMs with the handful of members I enjoy communicating with. When I'm done, I sign off and do other things. Seriously, how many boner pics can you check out in one sitting before they all start to look alike?
Because the time spent here is relative to each individual, there really isn't anything you can do about it to change things, Admin.

By #495558 at 31,Oct,15 18:24
Admin- I think you are going about this the wrong way. As you have said, people come and go all the time. Most don't do fuck all here, or pay anything. Those would be non-relevant customers.

What you need to ask is a set of KPI's to EXISTING members who pay or participate here. As an example, what things WOULD make you delete?

1. Cost
2. Relevancy
3. Content
4. ??? Pick your KPI's you deem relevant

Once you pick your KPI's and have enough data/stats, you can start to properly measure your site analytics. Or, that is just what I would do....
By admin at 31,Oct,15 18:33 other posts of admin 
And yet another advice I did not ask for from another member with doubtful behavior

By #452019 at 30,Oct,15 23:28
i can understand the addictive thing, it's very easy to 'waste' several hours on here just chatting or posting the odd message in the forum.

people leave because the site is regularly visited by the same old faces with new pseudonyms. they turn up and pretend to be new whilst all the time playing the stupid 'domination' game and acquiring points. they then get their kicks by abusing other members whilst swapping points between bogus accounts, sad really as their actions ruin what could be a great site.
By milesbferry at 31,Oct,15 00:30 other posts of milesbferry 
I agree with ultra. The few ruin it for the many. That's why they leave
By admin at 31,Oct,15 00:53 other posts of admin 
You may agree all you want but I have a log of what people write as a reason for leaving and abusive behavior of other members is the least mentioned reason. The game was not mentioned even once.
By milesbferry at 31,Oct,15 01:20 other posts of milesbferry 
I mean the chat. People look in for a chat and get **** and bullied by the regular few. If you are here for a chat - forget it.

As for the game and points - I don't care! Who does!

You can spend several hours watching the chat shit, waiting for the shit to start. Why say anything in there when you will just get bullied by the few. Do you monitor 24 hours of chat shit?

Now everyone in the UK is accused lf being happy-cunt!
By admin at 31,Oct,15 01:42 other posts of admin 
I do not see "people in chat are mean" as a reason for deletion either.

By #495558 at 31,Oct,15 12:52
Maybe i should post YOUR nice messages here Ferry... Two faced puppet that you are.

I speak my mind... both good and bad. But I fucking don't pretend to be something that I am not...
By milesbferry at 31,Oct,15 14:49 other posts of milesbferry 
Go on then, post away. Remind me.

By admin at 31,Oct,15 00:51 other posts of admin 
The ones who leave do not put it as a reason. In fact I do not remember anyone putting as a reason anything related to the game. They mention fakes but only complaining about guys pretending to be women, and all that hardly have anything to do with the game.

From what you say I suppose you are exactly one of those members you are referring to. Are not you one of the happy_guy fake accounts? You do look like one. Registered via proxy server, accessed from the same network and complaining about the same shit that almost no one else care about...
By milesbferry at 31,Oct,15 01:30 other posts of milesbferry 
Delete me if you want, admin. The twats reaching and ken will be pleased that I'm gone.
By admin at 31,Oct,15 01:41 other posts of admin 
That was actually about ultra-violet but your reply indicates you are not an innocent yourself.
By milesbferry at 31,Oct,15 01:48 other posts of milesbferry 
I have replied to your post, and ultra's, in good faith. Good night

By #452019 at 31,Oct,15 07:15
oh so you too, sad that you too go down the line of accusing people of being fake simply because they don't follow your narrow view of someone 'real'. fyi i log in via a proxy for my own piece of mind and would suggest that anyone who doesn't is being naive.

why ask for an opinion and then criticize and attack the poster?

most of the members i chat with really and truly don't give a crap about the game, the only people who do are you (and if it earns you money, i can understand why) and the sad old tossers who log on to play and then use their multiple fake accounts to attack other members.

as for happy_guy, i know the name along with many other 'names on here' but i have no connection with him / her (you never know on here!) or any other account on syd/c.
By admin at 31,Oct,15 12:19 other posts of admin 
Yeh, right. It was not me who started talking about the game. It was you.

By #494679 at 31,Oct,15 07:34
Hi Admin.
I've had a few accounts here since around 7 or 8 years ago. The first time I deleted my profile was due to being harassed by another member, who kind of stalked me with creepy comments and messages. Each time I banned them, they returned with a new profile and I ended up seeing no option other than just leaving the site. I stayed away for a while so maybe he'd either just forget about me or maybe he'd somehow be banned from the site due to doing the same to other members. I've never actually known whether or not he's still on this site, but I never had any hassle from him again, thankfully!
The last time I left the site was only down to potentially fatal illness and I needed to get my affairs in order just in case of that worst case scenario happening, so I cleared my computers of anything I knew would be embarrassing for my family to see, which included "naughty" files and web links etc.
Luckily, I seem to have beaten the illness and now I'm back on this site because I have a couple of friends here who I've become very close to over the years, and that social aspect is my main reason for being on here. I'm in touch with those friends outside of this site more these days, but I still like to be here because of nostalgia - this is where we first met and got to know each other
By bella! at 31,Oct,15 10:27 other posts of bella! 
Sorrysorry?
By #494679 at 31,Oct,15 10:33
By bella! at 31,Oct,15 10:35 other posts of bella! 
By #494679 at 31,Oct,15 10:39

By #149019 at 31,Oct,15 00:49
By admin at 31,Oct,15 00:53 other posts of admin 
Did you mean to write something?

Adult Discussion Forum