Become an expert in
pussy licking!
She'll Beg You For More!

Stay Hard as Steel!!!

Is the jockstrap dead?

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by #518391 at 15,Mar,17 10:34
When I was young, it was a rite of passage into manhood to get your first jockstrap...and they were worn for most sports...but I hardly ever see a guy wearing one these days (in the UK) yet sports stores still sell them, so someone must be buying them. Some cricket players still wear them with hard cups (or boxes as we call them here) but I think they're out of fashion for football and rugby in the UK. What about in the US? I guess they're still worn for soccer, baseball, ice hockey etc?

Similar topics: 1.Question.....   2.Padded jockstrap   3.Game of Thrones   4.who wears a jockstrap for gym or sportsq   5.Is the jockstrap dead?  

New Comment

Comments:
By GEORGIE10 at 19,Mar,17 10:09 other posts of GEORGIE10 
As an American in Europe for many years I've missed them. A female friend of mine travels to the States regularly and I asked her to get one for me, but she was too embarrassed to do so. Sort of like a dude buying tampons.😁
By #518391 at 21,Mar,17 09:15
Tell her to go to a Sports Authority store...they have big displays of Bike or McDavid jockstraps...just pick up a pack (often in 2s) and take them to the checkpout...or get them online...

By spermkiss at 15,Mar,17 15:57 other posts of spermkiss 
Maybe not dead, but on life support. So many athletes these days are wearing those dreadful long legged underpants instead of a jock, or perhaps with a jock. Come on guys, one of the reasons for sports is to show off your physique. And that means exposing as much skin as possible.
By #518391 at 15,Mar,17 16:29
I agree...and a jockstrap is practical...maximum support with minimum weight and coverage....
By spermkiss at 15,Mar,17 22:48 other posts of spermkiss 
The operant words here are "minimum" and "coverage". It's nice to cover the least amount of skin.

For many, perhaps most, activities the support isn't so important. Indeed, it can be a detriment. After all, allowing the jewels to hang free is enormously pleasurable. When I was in school it was de rigueur that swimming classes were done nude. I'm sure that there are many other athletic activities where that could be the case.
--------------------------------------- added after 10 minutes

As an American (and one that doesn't follow sports except to look for photos of cute athletes) I'm not sure exactly what British football and rugby are. But the internet is rife with photos of men playing some kind of ball game wearing short pants with nothing underneath. Often something hangs out a leg opening or those shorts get pulled down. It would appear that a jockstrap or any other kind of undergarment is entirely superfluous for these games.
By #518391 at 16,Mar,17 17:15
The real purpose of the jockstrap is to protect the cock and balls, both from twisting or being hit, with the minimum of material which could restrict movement or speed...so it was a very practical piece of kit...it may look fun to play football 'commando' with bits and pieces falling out but not that safe! I find that the so-called 'support briefs' built into running shorts these days are useless even for my modestly sized tackle and everything bounces around...a jockstrap keep it all snug and doesn';t restrict movement.

By Odin_york_pa at 16,Mar,17 00:49 other posts of Odin_york_pa 
Agreed, jockstraps are on life support. With technology in sweat-whisking material rapidly advancing, there really isn't a need for the jockstrap anymore. I still own 2 pairs, but always choose the compression short with built in cup pocket when in martial arts competiion. I, like you, would love to see more males in the jockstrap, but seems to be more of a novelty type thing today. I high school the gym teacher would come around and snap that damn thing to make sure you had it on lol. That's a law suit today haha

Adult Discussion Forum