Using Just Your Hands!

Become an expert in
pussy licking!
She'll Beg You For More!

Would YOU Work in a Movie Theater??

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by #424211 at 22,Sep,13 03:14
I found this on line and that it would help a member here. I really like the comparison to working in a theater and the fast food industry.

Back during the Christmas board, I couldn't help but notice that there were quite a few people who had dealt with working at a theatre. So I've been wanting to start up a general thread for it for awhile.

Because for those that don't know, it's not really like any other sort of retail-like job. It's like a mix of Fast Food, Retail, Office Work, Show Business, and Theme Park thrown together. You could come home smelling like cooking oil, or film cuts on your fingers because you're an idiot and forgot to wear gloves when you were threading a movie through 8 projectors for kicks.

It works on the opposite schedule of nearly everyone else, so you come to love weekday mornings and loathe Friday nights. You'll wish the country was atheist to never have to deal with a holiday again, but can't wait for January 3rd and school to start back.
You'll wind up with so much free swag you won't know what to do with it all, until the next blockbuster comes out and all you get is a mini poster because the rest of the cool shit was locked behind a Get Smart hallway.
So come share in the oddness my fellow brothers in popping oil, so that we don't wind up throwing xenon bulbs at the next customer to piss us off.

To start things off, let me tell you about spending the night at the theatre.

Yes, during the insanity that was the blizzard this Wednesday, I was working through it. We should have closed early, but because it was Inventory Count, we were positive The Company wouldn't let us. So we bust our asses to be done as soon as those last movies were finishing. 14 minutes past midnight, I'm getting ready to clock out when my manager comes back inside.
"I'm stuck"
Sure enough, there is at least 1-2 feet of loose snow. I knew as soon as I stepped outside. We were going to have to **** at the theatre. But it gets better.
We were not the only ones there.
The only two people to show up in the last hour, was The Old Man and His Son. The reason we had assigned them a nickname, is because they would try every week for 3 months to not pay for tickets. No one stops an 80 year old man from going to the bathroom. After 3 months of solid "they're totally scamming us", one Verbal tirade later and they got kicked out.
So sure enough, the first time they both buy tickets, the four of us are now stuck there overnight.

I get many people wanting to see Projection. The mystique and the utter lockdown we put it under, even with our own employees, makes some people go "what do they have in there?". The answer is:
My Shit.

I've spent the last three years, turning the place into a pseudo-apartment. My Boss had to spend the night once AND open the next morning years ago, and ever since then I swore I would be way more prepared than he was.
So among the old equipment left there after the digital transfer(which is a whole other story), I've got a whole damn wardrobe. I've got giant pieces of foam taken from packaging and old seats to make a bed and pillow out of. I even had packets of Hot Chocolate and my own pepsi cups (because fuck coke.) to use.

So with my socks and wet clothes hanging on heaters, I wound up spending the night walking between theatres, watching all of the movies I had been wanting to see but didn't want to spend free time driving back down to the place to watch. Oh and watching exorcist finally. Amazing flick, totally deserves the praise.

By then, it was about 8am, so I went outside to help my manager shovel us out til the plows came. Also to get away from the OMandSon. The plows dug us a path out of there, I got home and **** for the next 7 hours, only to have them call me because they thought I would be coming back in that night.

So fellow ticketushtakers and concessprojectionists, how weird is your theatre?