She'll Beg You For More!

Laughably Small Penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

Find local men
to exchange blowjobs

Male Multiple Orgasm
Discover your full Abilities!

Why the censoring (replaced by "***") of totally innocuous words?

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by #188764 at 28,Jan,12 15:36
I've noticed a lot of posts getting censored these days, and today in one of my posts the word "bed" was replaced by asterisks! WTF?

Similar topics: 1.Auto-Censor .....WTF?   2."Blue Under-lined Words"   3.HELP! Are you good with words in the bedroom?   4.Lets have the censoring taken off the words please Admin   5.Words you DISLIKE  

New Comment

Comments:
By #105042 at 01,Feb,12 00:35
This is really an issue for me now shortly before I decided to make my own thread about.

Dear admin or better said Dear Visa/Mastercard CEOґs: what the hell you think you will get by this kind of general censoring without knowing the context? Do you really think you can have or make some THOUGHT control? I am very disappointed about your image of human intelligence. In fact (sorry, Iґm european) I feel like in some childish Harry Potterґs roman, the dark Lord whoґs name no one dares to even name and mention. This doesnґt even work in a fairy tale. Any censoring is nothing else than any kind of prohibition. It didnґt work in the past and never will in the future. WHAT do you want? Pushing people into talking with ***** ????

If you are censoring, please tell us all clearly which words you donґt allow us to be said. I want to know. And I want to know WHY. And please also tell us in which context words are allowed or not. Oh, you canґt? You cantґt make sure the differences?

What a surprise.

If YOU want an open and democratic society which means having basic rights of freedom of speech (and much more than that) please STOP THIS CENSORING BULLSHIT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

And if you donґt want I just wish you to get a LOT of trouble!
By admin at 01,Feb,12 01:42 other posts of admin 
You are wasting your efforts. The people who should read this are not here.

By bigone21 at 31,Jan,12 20:20 other posts of bigone21 
people, the administrator's answer is loud and clear isn't it??

the only way of protest is to vote & walk with your feet!! from political parties and companies that make these rules!

not before long, companies like Apple, Creditcardcompanies and The Teaparty Conservatives are going to decide what you can do and see and share on the internet!

think about it for 10 seconds, because in 10 years there is nothing to think about! & showyourdick.org will be long lost...

By admin at 28,Jan,12 20:22 other posts of admin 
Sites that uses processing of VISA/Mastercard should not contain certain words. The initial idea - prevent processing of some ill_egal or le_gal, but pretended to be ill_egal stuff, but as almost any good idea it implemented through an ass - they simply gave me a list of words that should not appear on the site. They do not care if those words just appear in normal conversation.

For example, some paysites offer girls that are over 18, but look younger. The idea is to do not allow such sites to use words that might lead user to the conclusion that those girls are not of age. But as I said, they simply issued a list of words, without giving it much thinking. Usual bureaucratic methods. They never think about really fighting the problem, they just cover their asses.
By spermkiss at 30,Jan,12 21:27 other posts of spermkiss 
This is complete and utter nonsense and while I am not a lawyer, I doubt very seriously that this policy would survive a legal challenge. What ever happened to freedom of speech?

I am very much offended by this. I know that you, the site administrator, are paying a commission to the credit card companies to process paying members' membership fees. I **** to sound mercenary, but it offends me enormously to know that part of the money I am paying you goes to support this foolishness of questionable legality. What can I as a consumer do to put an end to this?
By spermkiss at 30,Jan,12 21:33 other posts of spermkiss 
Here we go again! The word that got removed begins with an "h" and ends with an "e" and it means dislike.

As Balt mentioned in the original question, the word "bed" got censored. Does this mean that the credit card companies are going censor department store and furniture store advertising?

By admin at 30,Jan,12 22:08 other posts of admin 
I do not like this, but this has nothing to do with a freedom of speech. VISA/MC alliances are commercial organizations and have a right to for_ce their rules on their agents. It's legal. Problem is rather that governments are for_cing them to fight with ill_egal content and they do what any bureaucratic organization would do - cover their asses.

And if you think it's outrageous, you should get yourself familiar with SOPA & PIPA - only registered users can see external links

VISA/MC regulations is chi_ld's play comparing to that.

Note that all words with underscore in my post are blacklisted.

Easiest way would be to transfer forum and blogs to other domains, this way they would be out of those regulations borders, but there will be still comments under picture.
By #215029 at 31,Jan,12 18:02
Makes me wonder if most of the words could be construed as potentially harmful, as in referring to for_cing a minor in to a sexual act. Extreme "dislike" for a person or persons of different ethnic or sexual preferences. I don't want to hear about people being for_ced into sex or H_ate speech but where would you draw the line. There are ways around it.
The SOPA & PIPA thing has me very concerned though.
Let's see if all my words made the c_ut.
By admin at 31,Jan,12 19:51 other posts of admin 
I can explain how it works if you wish, though I'm not sure if you will understand it, not being in this biz.

It's actually extremely simple - they take a list of words that are typically used on ille_gal sites for promotion / member attraction and ban those words. Most common sites like that are: under_age, sc_at, ra_pe fantasy, slee_ping/drunk sex, best_iality, and recently pissing in US.

All those sites were legal 10 years ago. Even under_age stuff was legally processed through CCbill and other adult billings, which do not exist anymore, CCbill the only survived from then. Almost each year they move more and more stuff from legal to ille_gal. Where they stop - I do not know. May be adult sites will be banned at all at the end.

By #181785 at 29,Jan,12 02:37
Ok thats just fucking nuts I can post pics of cocks, pussy, ass, cum shots, blow jobs, and dicks inserted in pussys & asses, not to mention some of the other not so main stream sex shots. Oh ya I forgot tits. But they are words the credit card companies don't like. Thats just crazy. Maybe cause somebody is sleeping with their wives and they posted the photos on here.
By admin at 29,Jan,12 04:00 other posts of admin 
It applies to all adult paysites not just to this one.
By spermkiss at 30,Jan,12 21:39 other posts of spermkiss 
Cannot you mount a legal challenge to this? It certainly does not sound legal.

By #181785 at 31,Jan,12 03:48
Not a complant just think its funny as hell the pics we post and stuff we say, and the words they censor.

By spermkiss at 30,Jan,12 21:37 other posts of spermkiss 
It is completely insane. All kinds of things go thru, but certain innocent words that are used in everyday conversation get censored. See my comments above.

By #68656 at 29,Jan,12 04:19
Yet another reason I am pleased that I do not have or want a credit card. The hypocrisy of these types of financial entities certainly is plain and preceedes them.
They make obscene profits, charge high interest rates (ursury), bankrupt people at the drop of a hat, act totally without morals or ethics, yet insist on the censoring of plain everyday words.
Basically they are hypocrites and parasites of the worst type.
By spermkiss at 30,Jan,12 21:40 other posts of spermkiss 
You said it John! Hypocrites and parasites of the worst type.

By spermkiss at 28,Jan,12 19:37 other posts of spermkiss 
I've noticed this too. Many times seemingly harmless words get censored while really nasty ones stay in place. Hey site administrator, what's going on here?

By #188764 at 28,Jan,12 16:08
Yep. It was. The word starts with an S, end with a P, and is the stay you're in when you dream at night. I wonder if the word "sleeping" will be censored.

By #188764 at 28,Jan,12 16:07
Correction: the censored word was "****". Let's see if it's censored this time!

Adult Discussion Forum