to exchange blowjobs

Become an expert in
pussy licking!
She'll Beg You For More!

Admin - transcode videos on upload?

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by soundsgreat87 at 02,Oct,14 19:58  other posts of soundsgreat87
I don't know how much server CPU time you have or anything, but I really suggest transcoding user videos. It would save you a LOT of disk space and bandwidth.

What does this mean? Well, how many of you have downloaded a video that cost 40 points only to find that it's about 7 seconds long? This is because the uploader recorded it at a high resolution or with no compression (very common on modern smartphones). Uncompressed high-res video can be enormous.. even a minute-long clip can be hundreds of megabytes.

If the server transcoded videos into a common resolution/compression, this would save tons of space on the server, save tons of bandwidth on download, and would mean videos would cost fewer points.

Of course, to do this the server has to spend a lot of time transcoding the video.

I hope the admin sees this.

Similar topics: 1.VIDEO UPLOADS   2.TO ADMIN.   3.How to upload videos   4.i am uploading videos, need help please.   5.MASTURBATION SITE!!  

New Comment

Comments:
By admin at 02,Oct,14 20:22 other posts of admin 
Remember, I'm not youtube with millions of dollars and hundreds of programmers. I can only use conventional tools. And they simply don't work as you expect with videos that people here upload. Believe me, I've done a lot of experiments on this matter. I could indeed convert most of the videos manually, but on auto it just doesn't work. Many videos are not recognized, some lose a lot of quality and some inflate to enormous size like 10 times instead of reducing. There is no unanimity among uploaders. Their video formats are very different. So basically I have 2 choices:

1. Reject about half of uploaded material and convert the rest. Which will discourage a lot of uploaders.
2. Allow everyone upload anything and hope that viewers find their way to watch the videos.

I have not seen any video here that I'm unable to view. VLC player can decode almost anything, GOM is just a bit worse. And they are free, so anyone can use them. So I chose 2nd option.
By soundsgreat87 at 02,Oct,14 20:34 other posts of soundsgreat87 
Damn. Believe me, I understand how it goes. Oh well, thanks for the response!

By soundsgreat87 at 04,Oct,14 04:13 other posts of soundsgreat87 
Hey, sorry to kinda hijack my own topic but it's such a minor question... any chance of group owners getting notifications when users join/leave?

By big9inch21 at 02,Oct,14 20:34 other posts of big9inch21 
How come I can't watch any videos made with an I-Phone? Even my own that I made with the same phone??

By DeepThroatThis at 02,Oct,14 20:03 other posts of DeepThroatThis 
Good Idea
--------------------------------------- added after 24 hours

Thanks for responding admin.....guess a public offering is not in the works....anyways keep up the good work.

Adult Discussion Forum