The other day, I posted something in another thread where I asked members what was the first word that popped into their head when they saw/heard the word "cheap"?
My first response was from
Whoknows and his reply was "perfume". That phrase, cheap perfume, made me instantly think of Journey's DON'T STOP BELIEVING. The post went in a different direction from what I planned but it was so much fun! Example, there were other responses to the word "cheap" that included shoddy, floozy and several more and
huxley999 was able to cite songs with those words in them!
Let's pick a RANDOM word and see if a song comes to mind. My guess is not every word will trigger a song to pop into our heads, but who knows. If you would kindly post a few lines of the song that reflects "the word", the name of the song and the artist and if you like, a YouTube link to the song. PLEASE ATTACH YOUR SONG TO THE PARTICULAR "WORD OF THE DAY".
Let's have some musical fun!
Who's gonna tell you when
It's too late?
Who's gonna tell you things
Aren't so great?
You can't go on thinking
Nothing's wrong, oh oh
Who's gonna drive you home
Tonight?
Who's gonna pick you up
When you fall?
Who's gonna hang it up
When you call?
Who's gonna pay attention
To your dreams?
Yeah, who's gonna plug their ears
When you scream?
You can't go on thinking
Nothing's wrong, oh oh
Who's gonna drive you home
Tonight?
Who's gonna hold you down
When you shake?
Who's gonna come around
When you break?
You can't go on thinking
Nothing's wrong, oh oh
Who's gonna drive you home
Tonight?
You know you can't go on thinking
Nothing's wrong
Who's gonna drive you home
Tonight?
Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I, I can't help but ask myself
How much I let the fear take the wheel and steer
It's driven me before
And it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal
But lately I'm
Beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
I'll be there
So if I decide to waiver my chance
To be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine
And hold my own and drive?
Oh
It's driven me before
And it seems to be the way, that everyone else gets around
But lately I'm
Beginning to find that when I drive myself, my light is found
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
I'll be there
Would you choose water over wine?
Hold the wheel and drive
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
I'll be there
Do-do-do, do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do
Whoa-oh-oh, do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do, do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do
Who-a-oh-oh-oh-oh
only registered users can see external links
Asked a girl what she wanted to be
She said baby, "Can't you see
I wanna be famous, a star of the screen
But you can do something in between"
Baby you can DRIVE my car
Yes I'm gonna be a star
Baby you can drive my car
And maybe I'll love you
I told the girl that my prospects were good
She said baby, "It's understood
Working for peanuts is all very fine
But I can show you a better time"
Baby you can drive my car
Yes I'm gonna be a star
Baby you can drive my car
And maybe I'll love you
Beep beep mm, beep beep yeah
Baby you can drive my car
Yes I'm gonna be a star
Baby you can drive my car
And maybe I'll love you
I told that girl I can start right away
And she said, "Listen baby I've got something to say
I got no car and it's breaking my heart
But I've found a driver and that's a start"
Baby you can drive my car
Yes I'm gonna be a star
Baby you can drive my car
And maybe I'll love you
Beep beep mm beep beep yeah
Beep beep mm beep beep yeah
Beep beep mm beep beep yeah
Beep beep mm beep beep yeah (fade out)
only registered users can see external links
Outrageous, when I move my body
Outrageous, when I'm at a party
Outrageous, in my sexy jeans
Outrageous, when I'm on the scene
Outrageous, my sex DRIVE
Outrageous, my shopping spree
Outrageous, we're on a world tour
Outrageous, let's be it girl!
Outrageous
Sexy as I wanna be
Got these fellas chasin' me
It's 'bout time I hit the streets
All my girls still feelin' me
"B" girl ain't lost the beat
Jumped over drama and I landed on my feet
Gotta keep goin' no stoppin' me
And if you don't like it then
(La-la-la-la-la-la-la)
Media over here (hey, hey)
Come through like a world premiere (hey, hey)
Trench coat and my underwear
Let's go with this freakshow it's
Outrageous, when I move my body
Outrageous, when I'm at a party
Outrageous, in my sexy jeans
Outrageous, when I'm on the scene
Outrageous, my sex drive
Outrageous, my shopping spree
Outrageous, we're on a world tour
Outrageous, let's be it girl!
Outrageous
I'm about to bring the heat
Lockin' down the industry
All dressed up and glamourus
Red carpet and cameras
Take trips around the globe
Tint's on my Jeep so nobody knows
It's so hot that you're comin' out your clothes
Now I'm about to give it to ya
(La-la-la-la-la-la-la)
Media over here (hey, hey)
Come through like a world premiere (hey, hey)
Trench coat and my underwear
Let's go with this freakshow it's
Outrageous, when I move my body
Outrageous, when I'm at a party
Outrageous, in my sexy jeans
Outrageous, when I'm on the scene
Outrageous, my sex drive
Outrageous, my shopping spree
Outrageous, we're on a world tour
Outrageous, let's be it girl!
Outrageous
I just wanna be happy
In a place where love is free
Can you take me there?
Somebody, ooh
And when you mention my name
Make sure you know the truth, yeah
Until I vow to keep it forever
Outrageous, when I move my body
Outrageous, when I'm at a party
Outrageous, in my sexy jeans
Outrageous, when I'm on the scene
Outrageous, my sex drive
Outrageous, my shopping spree
Outrageous, we're on a world tour
Outrageous, let's be it girl!
Outrageous, when I move my body
Outrageous, when I'm at a party
Outrageous, in my sexy jeans
Outrageous, when I'm on the scene
Outrageous, my sex drive
Outrageous, my shopping spree
Outrageous, we're on a world tour
Outrageous, let's be it girl!
only registered users can see external links
Toe to toe
Dancing very close
Barely breathing
Almost comatose
Wall to wall
People hypnotized
And they're stepping lightly
Hang each night in Rapture
Back to back
Sacroiliac
Spineless movement
And a wild attack
Face to face
Sadly solitude
And it's finger popping
Twenty-four hour shopping in Rapture
Fab Five Freddy told me everybody's fly
DJ's spinning I said my, my
Flash is fast, Flash is cool
Francois sais pas, Flashe no deux
And you don't stop, sure shot
Go out to the parking lot
And you get in your car and you DRIVE real far
And you drive all night and then you see a light
And it comes right down and lands on the ground
And out comes a man from Mars
And you try to run but he's got a gun
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
And then you're in the man from Mars
You go out at night, eatin' cars
You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
Mercuries and Subaru
And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars
Then, when there's no more cars
You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet
Face to face, dance cheek to cheek
One to one, man to man
Dance toe to toe
Don't move too slow, 'cause the man from Mars
Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars
Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall
He's gonna eat 'em all
Rapture, be pure
Take a tour, through the sewer
Don't strain your brain, paint a train
You'll be singin' in the rain
I said don't stop, do punk rock
Well now you see what you wanna be
Just have your party on TV
'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars where the TV's on
And now he's gone back up to space
Where he won't have a hassle with the human race
And you hip-hop, and you don't stop
Just blast off, sure shot
'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
And now he only eats guitars, get up!
only registered users can see external links
I have a mansion, forget the price
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice
I live in hotels, tear out the walls
I have accountants pay for it all
They say I'm crazy but I have a good time
I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime
Life's been good to me so far
My Maserati does one-eighty-five
I lost my license, now I don't DRIVE
I have a limo, ride in the back
I lock the doors in case I'm attacked
I'm makin' records, my fans they can't wait
They write me letters, tell me I'm great
So I got me an office, gold records on the wall
Just leave a message, maybe I'll call
Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through
(Everybody say, "I'm cool, " "He's cool")
I can't complain but sometimes I still do
Life's been good to me so far
I go to parties sometimes until four
It's hard to leave when you can't find the door
It's tough to handle this fortune and fame
Everybody's so different, I haven't changed
They say I'm lazy but it takes all my time
(Everybody say, "Oh yeah, " "Oh yeah")
I keep on goin' guess I'll never know why
Life's been good to me so far
Ah, yeah, yeah
only registered users can see external links
One foot on the brake and one on the gas, hey
Well, there's too much traffic, I can't pass, no
So I tried my best illegal move
A big black and white come and crushed my groove again
Go on and write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive
Take my license, all that jive
I can't drive 55, oh no, uh
So I signed my name on number 24, hey
Yeah the judge said, "Boy, just one more, huh
I'm gonna throw your ass in the city joint"
Looked me in the eye, said, "You get my point?"
I say "Yeah!, Oh yeah"
Write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive
Take my license, all that jive
I can't drive 55, oh yeah
(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive) 55, uh
When I drive that slow, you know it's hard to steer
And I can't get my car out of second gear
What used to take two hours now takes all day
Huh, it took me 16 hours to get to L.A.
Go on and write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive
Take my license, all that jive
I can't drive 55
No, no, no, I can't drive, (I can't drive 55)
I can't drive (I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)
I can't stop
The way I feel
Things you do
Don't seem real
Tell you what I got in mind
'Cause we're runnin' out of time
Won't you ever set me free?
This waitin' 'round's killin' me
She DRIVES me crazy
Like no one else
She DRIVES me crazy
And I can't help myself
I can't get
Any rest
People say
I'm obsessed
Everything you say is lies
But to me that's no surprise
What I had for you was true
Things go wrong, they always do
She DRIVES me crazy
Like no one else
She DRIVES me crazy
And I can't help myself
I won't make it
On my own
No one likes
To be alone
She DRIVES me crazy
Like no one else
She DRIVES me crazy
And I can't help myself
She DRIVES me crazy
Like no one else
She DRIVES me crazy
And I can't help myself
She DRIVES me crazy
Like no one else
She DRIVES me crazy
And I can't help myself
Sitting on the park bench
Eyeing little girls with bad intent.
Snot is running down his nose
Greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.
Hey Aqualung
Drying in the cold sun
Watching as the frilly panties run.
Hey Aqualung
Feeling like a dead duck
Spitting out pieces of his broken luck.
Whoa, Aqualung
Sun streaking cold
An old man wandering lonely.
Taking time
The only way he knows.
Leg hurting bad,
As he bends to pick a dog-end
He goes down to the bog
And warms his feet.
Feeling alone
The army's up the road
Salvation а la mode and a cup of tea
Aqualung my friend
Don't you start away uneasy
You poor old sot, you see, it's only me.
Do you still remember
The December's foggy freeze
When the ice that
Clings on to your beard was
Screaming agony.
And you snatch your rattling last breaths
With deep-sea-diver sounds,
And the flowers bloom like
Madness in the spring.
Sun streaking cold
An old man wandering lonely.
Taking time
The only way he knows.
Leg hurting bad,
As he bends to pick a dog-end
He goes down to the bog
And warms his feet.
Feeling alone
The army's up the road
Salvation а la mode and a cup of tea
Aqualung my friend
Don't you start away uneasy
You poor old sot, you see, it's only me.
Aqualung my friend
Don't you start away uneasy
You poor old sot, you see, it's only me.
Sitting on the park bench
Eyeing little girls with bad intent.
Snot is running down his nose
Greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.
Hey Aqualung
Drying in the cold sun
Watching as the frilly panties run.
Hey Aqualung
Feeling like a dead duck
Spitting out pieces of his broken luck.
Hey Aqualung
Whoa, Aqualung
only registered users can see external links
[WOMAN]
Don't write a letter when you want to leave
Don't call me at 3 a.m. from a friend's apartment
I'd like to choose how I hear the news
Take me to a PARK that's covered with trees
Tell me on a Sunday, please
Let me down easy, no big song and dance
No long faces, no long looks, no deep conversation
I know the way we should spend that day
Take me to a **** that's got chimpanzees
Tell me on a Sunday, please
Don't want to know who's to blame
It won't help knowing
Don't want to fight day and night
Bad enough you're going
Don't leave in silence with no word at all
Don't get drunk and slam the door
That's no way to end this
I know how I want you to say goodbye
Find a circus ring with a flying trapeze
Tell me on a Sunday, please
Don't want to fight day and night
Bad enough you're going
Don't leave in silence with no word at all
Don't get drunk and slam the door
That's no way to end this
I know how I want you to say goodbye
Find a circus ring with a flying trapeze
Tell me on a Sunday, please
only registered users can see external links
Think of you with pipe and slippers
Think of her in bed
Laying there just watching telly
Think of me instead
I'll never grow so old and flabby
That could never be
Don't marry her, fuck me
And your love light shines like cardboard
But your work shoes are glistening
She's a PhD in "I told you so"
You've a knighthood in "I'm not listening"
She'll grab your sweaty bollocks
Then slowly raise her knee
Don't marry her, fuck me
And the Sunday sun shines down on San Francisco Bay
And you realise you can't make it anyway
You have to wash the car
Take the kiddies to the PARK
Don't marry her, fuck me
Those lovely Sunday mornings
With breakfast brought in bed
Those blackbirds look like knitting needles
Trying to peck your head
Those birds will peck your soul out
And throw away the key
Don't marry her, fuck me
And the kitchen's always tidy
And the bathroom's always clean
She's a diploma in "just hiding things"
You've a first in "low esteem"
When your socks smell of angels
But your life smells of Brie
Don't marry her, fuck me
And the Sunday sun shines down on San Francisco Bay
And you realise you can't make it anyway
You have to wash the car
Take the kiddies to the park
Don't marry her, fuck me
And the Sunday sun shines down on San Francisco bay
And you realise you can't make it anyway
You have to wash the car
Take the kiddies to the park
Don't marry her, fuck me
only registered users can see external links
A walk in the PARK
I've got to get some sense back into my head
I'm in the dark
And I can't see where I'm being led
I'd give the world
To set the clock back and act like a man
Where can I turn
To save myself from this confusion?
A walk in the park, a step in the dark
A walk in the park, a trip in the dark
I'm getting away escaping today
A walk in the park
Away from all the busy streets of my mind
I seek a straighter path
I seek a shady glade in which to unwind
But why do we go on
In spite of mistakes, in spite of destruction?
Life can be fun
Depending on the situation
A walk in the park, a step in the dark
A walk in the park, a trip in the dark
I'm getting away escaping today
A walk in the park, a step in the dark
A walk in the park, a trip in the dark
I'm getting away escaping today
A walk in the park
A walk in the park
I'm getting away escaping today
A walk in the park, a step in the dark
A walk in the park, a trip in the dark
Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) - KATY PERRY
only registered users can see external links
There's a stranger in my bed,
There's a pounding in my head
Glitter all over the room
Pink flamingos in the pool
I smell like a mini-bar
DJ's passed out in the yard
Barbies on the barbecue
This a hickey or a bruise?
Pictures of last night
Ended up online
I'm screwed
Oh, well
It's a blacked-out blur
But I'm pretty sure it ruled
Damn
Last Friday night
Yeah, we danced on tabletops
And we took too many shots
Think we kissed but I forgot
Last Friday night
Yeah, we maxed our credit cards
And got kicked out of the bar
So we hit the boulevard
Last Friday night
We went streaking in the PARK
Skinny dipping in the dark
Then had a mйnage а trois
Last Friday night
Yeah, I think we broke the law
Always say we're gonna stop
This Friday night
Do it all again
This Friday night
Do it all again
Trying to connect the dots
Don't know what to tell my boss
Think the city towed my car
Chandelier is on the floor
Ripped my favorite party dress
Warrant's out for my arrest
Think I need a ginger ale
That was such an epic fail
Pictures of last night
Ended up online
I'm screwed
Oh, well
It's a blacked-out blur
But I'm pretty sure it ruled
Damn
Last Friday night
Yeah, we danced on tabletops
And we took too many shots
Think we kissed but I forgot
Last Friday night
Yeah, we maxed our credit cards
And got kicked out of the bar
So we hit the boulevard
Last Friday night
We went streaking in the park
Skinny dipping in the dark
Then had a mйnage а trois
Last Friday night
Yeah, I think we broke the law
Always say we're gonna stop
This Friday night
Do it all again
(Do it all again)
This Friday night
Do it all again
(Do it all again)
This Friday night
T.G.I.F.
T.G.I.F.
T.G.I.F.
T.G.I.F.
T.G.I.F.
T.G.I.F.
Last Friday night
Yeah, we danced on tabletops
And we took too many shots
Think we kissed but I forgot
Last Friday night
Yeah, we maxed our credit cards
And got kicked out of the bar
So we hit the boulevard
Last Friday night
We went streaking in the park
Skinny dipping in the dark
Then had a mйnage а trois
Last Friday night
Yeah, I think we broke the law
Always say we're gonna stop
This Friday night
Do it all again
only registered users can see external links
Midway hawkers calling, "Try your luck with me"
Merry-go-round wheezing the same old melody
A thousand ten-cent wonders who could ask for more
A pocketful of silver, the key to heaven's door
Lakeside PARK, willows in the breeze
Lakeside PARK, so many memories
Laughing rides, midway lights
Shining stars on summer nights
Days of barefoot freedom, racing with the waves
Nights of starlit secrets, crackling driftwood flames
Drinking by the lighthouse, smoking on the pier
Still we saw the magic was fading every year
Lakeside PARK, willows in the breeze
Lakeside PARK, so many memories
Laughing rides, midway lights
Shining stars on summer nights
Everyone would gather on the 24th of May
Sitting in the sand to watch the fireworks display
Dancing fires on the beach, singing songs together
Though it's just a memory, some memories last forever
Over Bridge of Sighs
To rest my eyes in shades of green
Under dreaming spires
To Itchycoo PARK, that's where I've been
(What did you do there?) I got high
(What did you feel there?) Well, I cried
(But why the tears there?) Tell you why
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
I feel inclined to blow my mind
Get hung up, feed the ducks with a bun
They all come out to groove about
Be nice and have fun in the sun
I'll tell you what I'll do (What will you do?)
I'd like to go there now with you
You can miss out school (Won't that be cool?)
Why go to learn the words of fools?
(What will we do there?) We'll get high
(What will we touch there?) We'll touch the sky
(But why the tears there?) I'll tell you why
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
I feel inclined to blow my mind
Get hung up, feed the ducks with a bun
They all come out to groove about
Be nice and have fun in the sun
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
Ha
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
It's all too beautiful
The lunatic is on the grass
The lunatic is on the grass
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
Got to keep the loonies on the path
The lunatic is in the hall
The lunatics are in my hall
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day the paper boy brings more
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
The lunatic is in my head
The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane
You lock the door and throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me.
And if the cloud bursts thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
I can't think of anything to say except...
I think it's marvelous! Ha, ha, ha!
only registered users can see external links
Well you think you had a good time
With the boy that you just met
Kicking sand from beach to beach
Your clothes all soaking wet
But if you look around and see
A shadow on the run
Don't be too surprised if its just a PAPER sun
Ahh Paper Sun, Ahh Paper Sun
In the room where you've been sleeping
All your clothes all thrown about
Cigarettes burn window sills
Your meter's all run out
But then again its nothing
You just split when day is done
Pitching lips to nowhere, hung up on the paper sun
Standing in the cool of my room
Fresh cut flowers give me sweet perfume
Too much sun will burn!
When you're feeling tired and lonely
You see people going home
You can't make the train fare
Or the six pence for the phone
And icicles your crying
From your cheek have just begun
Dont be sad, good times are had
Beneath the paper sun
Daylight breaks while you sleep on the sand
A seagull is stealing the ring from your hand
The boy who had given you so much fun
Has left you so cold in the paper sun
Every generation
Blames the one before
And all of their frustrations
Come beating on your door
I know that I'm a prisoner
To all my Father held so dear
I know that I'm a hostage
To all his hopes and fears
I just wish I could have told him in the living years
Crumpled bits of paper
Filled with imperfect thought
Stilted conversations
I'm afraid that's all we've got
You say you just don't see it
He says it's perfect sense
You just can't get agreement
In this present tense
We all talk a different language
Talking in defense
Say it loud, say it clear
You can listen as well as you hear
It's too late when we die
To admit we don't see eye to eye
So we open up a quarrel
Between the present and the past
We only sacrifice the future
It's the bitterness that lasts
So don't yield to the fortunes
You sometimes see as fate
It may have a new perspective
On a different date
And if you don't give up, and don't give in
You may just be O.K.
Say it loud, say it clear
You can listen as well as you hear
It's too late when we die
To admit we don't see eye to eye
I wasn't there that morning
When my Father passed away
I didn't get to tell him
All the things I had to say
I think I caught his spirit
Later that same year
I'm sure I heard his echo
In my baby's new born tears
I just wish I could have told him in the living years
Say it loud, say it clear
You can listen as well as you hear
It's too late when we die
To admit we don't see eye to eye
only registered users can see external links
Have you seen the old man
In a closed-down market?
Kicking up the PAPER
With his worn out shoes
In his eyes, you see no pride
And held loosely at his side
Yesterday's paper
Telling yesterday's news
So, how can you tell me you're lonely?
And say for you that the sun don't shine?
Let me take you by the hand
And lead you through the streets of London
Show you something to make you change your mind
Have you seen the old girl
Who walks the streets of London?
Dirt in her hair
And her clothes in rags
She's no time for talking
She just keeps right on walking
Carrying her home
In two carrier bags
So, how can you tell me you're lonely?
And say for you that the sun don't shine?
Let me take you by the hand
And lead you through the streets of London
I'll show you something to make you change your mind
In the all night cafй
At a quarter past eleven
Same old man
Sitting there on his own
Looking at the world
Over the rim of his teacup
Each tea lasts an hour
And he wanders home alone
So, how can you tell me you're lonely?
Don't say for you that the sun don't shine
Let me take you by the hand
And lead you through the streets of London
Show you something to make you change your mind
Have you seen the old man
Outside the seaman's mission?
Memory fading with
The medal ribbons that he wears
In our winter city
The rain cries a little pity
For one more forgotten hero
And a world that doesn't care
So, how can you tell me you're lonely?
And say for you that the sun don't shine?
Let me take you by the hand
And lead you through the streets of London
Show you something to make you change your mind
only registered users can see external links
Must have left my house at eight, because I always do
My train, I'm certain, left the station just when it was due
I must have read the morning PAPER going into town
And having gotten through the editorial, no doubt I must have frowned
I must have made my desk around a quarter after nine
With letters to be read, and heaps of papers waiting to be signed
I must have gone to lunch at half past twelve or so
The usual place, the usual bunch
And still on top of this I'm pretty sure it must have rained
The day before you came
I must have lit my seventh cigarette at half past two
And at the time I never even noticed I was blue
I must have kept on dragging through the business of the day
Without really knowing anything, I hid a part of me away
At five I must have left, there's no exception to the rule
A matter of routine, I've done it ever since I finished school
The train back home again
Undoubtedly I must have read the evening paper then
Oh yes, I'm sure my life was well within its usual frame
The day before you came
Must have opened my front door at eight o'clock or so
And stopped along the way to buy some Chinese food to go
I'm sure I had my dinner watching something on TV
There's not, I think, a single episode of Dallas that I didn't see
I must have gone to bed around a quarter after ten
I need a lot of sleep, and so I like to be in bed by then
I must have read a while
The latest one by Marilyn French or something in that style
It's funny, but I had no sense of living without aim
The day before you came
And turning out the light
I must have yawned and cuddled up for yet another night
And rattling on the roof I must have heard the sound of rain
The day before you came
I am Iron Man
Has he lost his mind?
Can he see or is he blind?
Can he walk at all
Or if he moves will he fall?
Is he alive or dead?
Has he thoughts within his head?
We'll just pass him there
Why should we even care?
He was turned to steel
In the great magnetic field
When he traveled time
For the future of mankind
Nobody wants him
He just stares at the world
Planning his vengeance
That he will soon unfurl
Now the time is here
For Iron Man to spread fear
Vengeance from the grave
Kills the people he once saved
Nobody wants him
They just turn their heads
Nobody helps him
Now he has his revenge
Heavy boots of lead
Fill his victims full of dread
Running as fast as they can
Iron Man lives again!
only registered users can see external links
NOBODY gets too much heaven no more
It's much harder to come by
I'm waiting in line
Nobody gets too much love anymore
It's as high as a mountain
And harder to climb
Oh you and me girl
Got a lot of love in store
And it flows through you
And it flows through me
And I love you so much more
Then my life, I can see beyond forever
Everything we are will never die
Loving's such a beautiful thing
Oh you make my world, a summer day
Are you just a dream to fade away
Nobody gets too much heaven no more
It's much harder to come by
I'm waiting in line
Nobody gets too much love anymore
It's as high as a mountain
And harder to climb
You and me girl got a highway to the sky
We can turn away from the night and day
And the tears you had to cry
You're my life
I can see a new tomorrow
Everything we are will never die
Loving's such a beautiful thing
When you are to me, the light above
Made for all to see our precious love
Nobody gets too much heaven no more
It's much harder to come by
I'm waiting in line
Nobody gets too much love anymore
It's as high as a mountain
And harder to climb
Love is such a beautiful thing
You make my world a summer day
Are you just a dream to fade away
Nobody gets too much heaven no more
It's much harder to come by
I'm waiting in line
Nobody gets too much love anymore
It's as wide as a river
And harder to climb
Nobody gets too much heaven no more
It's much harder to come by
I'm waiting in line
Nobody gets too much love anymore
It's as high as a mountain
And harder to climb
Nobody gets too much heaven no more
It's much harder to come by
I'm waiting in line
Nobody gets too much love anymore
It's as high as a mountain
And harder to climb
only registered users can see external links
Johnny's got high expectations
He's gonna rise
Everyone knows that Johnny is ready
He's ready to fly
Up on the rooftop he turns to the crowd
No one is waiting
No one is there
NOBODY knows why Elvis threw it all away
Nobody knows what Ruby had to hide
Nobody knows why some of us get broken hearts
And some of us find a world that's clear and bright
You could be packed up and ready
Knowing exactly where to go
How come you miss the connection?
No use in asking, the answer is nobody knows
No use in asking, the answer is nobody knows
Johnny will keep his illusions
What else can he do?
And you can pretend that it would be different
If it happened to you
But up on the rooftop, it's a whole other world
And who could see heaven
And not want to stay?
Nobody knows why Elvis threw it all away
Nobody knows what Ruby had to hide
Nobody knows why some of us get broken hearts
And some of us find a world that's clear and bright
only registered users can see external links
NOBODY I know could love me more than you,
You can give me so much love it seems untrue,
Listen to the bird who sings it to the tree,
And then when you've heard him see if you agree,
Nobody I know could love you more than me.
Ev'rywhere I go the sun comes shining through,
Ev'ryone I know is sure it shines for you,
Even in my dreams I look into your eyes,
Suddenly it seems I've found a paradise,
Ev'rywhere I go the sun comes shining through,
It means so much to be a part of a heart of a wonderful one,
When other lovers are gone we'll live on,
We'll live on.
------ guitar solo -------
Even in my dreams I look into your eyes,
Suddenly it seems I've found a paradise,
Ev'rywhere I go the sun comes shining through,
Nobody I know could love me more than you,
You can give me such love it seems untrue,
Listen to the bird who sings it to the tree,
And then when you've heard him see if you agree,
Nobody I know could love you more than me.
Nobody I know could love you more than me.
only registered users can see external links
Oh, nobody's fault but mine, yeah
Nobody's fault but mine, yeah
Trying to save my soul to light
Oh, it's nobody's fault but mine
Devil he told me to roll
The devil he told me to roll-oll-oll, oh
How to roll the log tonight
Nobody's fault but mine
Brother he showed me the gong
Brother he showed me the ding dong ding dong
How to kick that gong to life
Oh, it's nobody's fault but mine
Got a monkey on my back
The m-m-m-m-monkey on my back, back, back, back
Gonna change my ways tonight
Nobody's fault but mine
How to kick that gong to light
N-n-n-n-n-n-nobody's fault
only registered users can see external links
Never sing for my supper
I never help my neighbour
Never do what is proper
For my fair share of labour
I'm a poor boy
And I'm a rover
Count your coins and
Throw them over my shoulder
I may grow older
NOBODY knows
How cold it grows
And NOBODY sees
How shaky my knees
NOBODY cares
How steep my stairs
And NOBODY smiles
If I cross their stiles
(Oh, poor boy)
(So sorry for himself)
(Oh, poor boy)
(So worried for his health)
"You may say every day
Where will he stay tonight?
Never know what I came for
Seems that I've forgotten
Never ask what I came for
Or how I was begotten
I'm a poor boy
And I'm a ranger
Things I say
May seem stranger than Sunday
Changing to Monday
NOBODY knows
How cold it flows
And NOBODY feels
The worn-down heels
NOBODY's eyes
Make the skies
NOBODY spreads
Their aching heads
(Oh, poor boy)
(So worried for his life)
(Oh, poor boy)
(So keen to take a wife)
He's a mess but he'll say yes
If you just dress in white
NOBODY knows
How cold it grows
And NOBODY sees
How shaky my knees
NOBODY cares
How steep my stairs
And NOBODY smiles
If I cross their stiles
(Oh, poor boy)
(So sorry for himself)
(Oh, poor boy)
(So worried for his health)
You may say every day
"Where will he stay tonight?"
Okay
I'm feeling the way that I'm feeling myself
Fuck everyone else
Gotta remember that nobody is better than anyone else, here
(Do you need some time to think it over?)
Look what they do to you
Look what they do to me
Must be joking if you think that either one is free, here
Get up off your knees, girl
Stand face to face with your God
And find out what you are
(Hello, my name is human)
Hello, my name is human
And I came down from the stars
(Hello, my name is human)
I'm ready for love and I'm ready for war
But I'm ready for more
I know that nobody's ever been this fucking ready before, hey
(Do you need some time to think it over?)
So figure it out or don't figure it out
I figured it out
The bigger the river (the bigger the river)
The bigger the drought (the bigger the drought)
Get up off your knees, boy
Stand face to face with your God
And find out what you are
(Hello, my name is human)
Hello, my name is human
And I came down from the stars
(Hello, my name is human)
Fire world, I love you
Fire world
I'm up off my knees, girl
I'm face to face with myself
And I know who I am
(Hello, my name is human)
I stole the power from the sun
I'm more than just a man
(No longer disillusioned)
(I'm not asking questions)
('Cause questions have answers)
(And I don't want answers)
I came down from the stars (so I'll take my chances)
(And what are the chances)
(That I could advance)
(On my own circumstances)
(Said "what are the chances?")
Hello, my name is human (and what are the chances?)
(I don't want your answers)
(I'm not asking questions)
(So you keep your answers)
And I know who I am (so you keep your answers)
(I'm not asking questions)
(I'm taking my chances)
The Moody Blues
Why do we never get an answer when we're knocking at the door
With a thousand million questions about hate and death and war?
'Cause when we stop and look around us, there is nothing that we need
In a world of persecution that is burning in its greed
Why do we never get an answer when we're knocking at the door?
Because the truth, it's hard to swallow, that's what the war of love is for
It's not the way that you say it
When you do those things to me
It's more the way that you mean it
When you tell me what will be
And when you stop and think about it
You won't believe it's true
That all the love you've been giving
Has all been meant for you
I'm looking for someone to change my life
I'm looking for a miracle in my life
And if you could see what it's done to me
To lose the the love I knew could safely lead me through
Between the silence of the mountains
And the crashing of the sea
There lies a land I once lived in
And she's waiting there for me
But in the grey of the morning
My mind becomes confused
Between the dead and the sleeping
And the road that I must choose
I'm looking for someone to change my life
I'm looking for a miracle in my life
And if you could see what it's done to me
To lose the love I knew could safely lead me to
The land that I once knew
To learn as we grow old the secrets of our souls
It's not the way that you say it
When you do those things to me
It's more the way you really mean it
When you tell me what will be
Why do we never get an answer when we're knocking at the door
With a thousand million questions about hate and death and war?
'Cause when we stop and look around us, there is nothing that we need
In a world of persecution that is burning in its greed
Why do we never get an answer when we're knocking at the door?
only registered users can see external links
How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man?
How many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, and how many times must the cannonballs fly
Before they're forever banned?
The ANSWER, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind
Yes, and how many years must a mountain exist
Before it is washed to the sea?
Yes, and how many years can some people exist
Before they're allowed to be free?
Yes, and how many times can a man turn his head
And pretend that he just doesn't see?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind
Yes, and how many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky?
Yes, and how many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind
only registered users can see external links
When I get to the bottom, I go back to the top of the slide
Where I stop, and I turn, and I go for a ride
'Till I get to the bottom, and I see you again
Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Well, do you, don't you want me to love you?
I'm coming down fast, but I'm miles above you (Ahh)
Tell me, tell me, tell me, come on, tell me the ANSWER (Ahh)
Well, you may be a lover, but you ain't no dancer (Dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer)
Now, helter-skelter
Helter-skelter
Helter-skelter
Yeah, woo
Oh, will you, won't you want me to make you? (Ahh)
I'm coming down fast, but don't let me break you (Ahh)
Tell me, tell me, tell me the answer
You may be a lover, but you ain't no dancer (Dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer)
Look out, helter-skelter
Helter-skelter
Helter-skelter
Ooh
Look out, 'cause here she comes
(Heh-heh)
(Ahh)
When I get to the bottom, I go back to the top of the slide
And I stop, and I turn, and I go for a ride
And I get to the bottom, and I see you again
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Well, do you, don't you want me to make you? (Ahh)
I'm coming down fast, but don't let me break you (Ahh)
Tell me, tell me, tell me your answer
You may be a lover, but you ain't no dancer (Dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer-dancer)
Look out, helter-skelter
Helter-skelter
Helter-skelter
Well, look out, helter-skelter
She's coming down fast
Yes, she is
Yes, she is
Coming down fast
On the helter-skelter, woo
only registered users can see external links
There's no way out of here
When you come in
You're in for good
There was no promise made
The part you played
The chance you took
There are no boundaries set
The time and yet
You waste it still
So it slips through your hands
Like grains of sand
You watch it go
There's no time to be lost
You'll pay the cost
So get it right
There's no way out of here
When you come in
You're in for good
And never was there an ANSWER
There an ANSWER
Not without listening
Without seeing
There are no ANSWERS here
When you look out
You don't see in
There was no promise made
The part you played
The chance you took
There's no way out of here
When you come in
You're in for good
And never was there an ANSWER
There an ANSWER
Not without listening
Without seeing
There's no way out of here
When you come in
You're in for good
There are no ANSWERS here
When you look out
You don't see in
There was no promise made
The part you played
The chance you took
(When you come in)
(You're in for good)
only registered users can see external links
Sometimes when I'm mad
There's a part of me that seems to be a little sad
Sometimes when I scream
There's a voice in me that says, "You shouldn't be so mean"
Oh no, oh no
Part of me is acting while the other stands beside
Yes, I am to myself what Jekyll must have been to Hyde
We're like sun and rainy weather
Sometimes we're a hit together
Me and I
Gloomy moods and inspiration
We're a funny combination
Me and I
I don't think I'm different or in any way unique
Think about yourself for a minute
And you'll find the ANSWER in it
Everyone's a freak
Sometimes I have toyed
With ideas that I got from good old Dr. Freud
Nothing new of course
It may seem to you I try to break through open doors
Oh no, oh no
I just wanna say a lot of that applies to me
'Cause it's an explanation to my split identity
We're like sun and rainy weather
Sometimes we're a hit together
Me and I
Gloomy moods and inspiration
We're a funny combination
Me and I
I don't think I'm different or in any way unique
Think about yourself for a minute
And you'll find the answer in it
Everyone's a freak
Me and I...
We're like sun and rainy weather
Sometimes we're a hit together
Me and I
Gloomy moods and inspiration
We're a funny combination
Me and I
I don't think I'm different or in any way unique
Think about yourself for a minute
And you'll find the answer in it
Everyone's a freak
We're like sun and rainy weather
Sometimes we're a hit together
Me and I
Gloomy moods and inspiration
We're a funny combination
Me and I...
When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom
Let it be
And when the broken-hearted people
Living in the world agree
There will be an answer
Let it be
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer
Let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Yeah, there will be an answer
Let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom
Let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom
Let it be
And when the night is cloudy
There is still a light that shines on me
Shine until tomorrow
Let it be
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, yeah, let it be
There will be an answer
Let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, yeah, let it be
There will be an answer
Let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, yeah, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom
Let it be
Led Zeppelin
"We've done four already but now we're steady
And then they went: One, two, three, four"
Singing in the sunshine, laughing in the rain
Hitting on the moonshine, rocking in the grain
Got no time to pack my bags, my foots outside the door
I got a date, I can't be late, for the high hopes hailla ball
Oh ho
Oh yeah
Singing to an ocean, I can hear the ocean's roar (ooh)
Play for free, play for me and play a whole lot more, more! (ooh)
Singing about good things and the sun that lights the day (ooh)
I used to sing on the mountains, has the ocean lost its way?
I don't know
Oh-oh yeah
Na nana na na na na na na na na na na na na
Na nana na na na na na na na na na na na na
Na nana na na na na na na na na na na na na
Na nana na na na na na na na na na na na na
Sitting round singing songs until the night turns into day (ooh)
Used to sing on the mountains, but the mountains washed away
(Ooh)
Now I'm singing all my songs to the girl who won my heart
She is only three years old and it's a real fine way to start
Oh yeah
It sure is fine
I blow my mind
When the tears are going down
Yeah, yeah
Oh, so good!
I want to live
I want to give
I've been a miner for a heart of gold
It's these expressions
I never give
That keep me searching for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old
Keep me searching for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old
I've been to Hollywood
I've been to Redwood
I crossed the OCEAN for a heart of gold
I've been in my mind
It's such a fine line
That keeps me searching for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old
Keeps me searching for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old
I dig my toes into the sand
The ocean looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket
I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless
And in this moment I am happy, happy
I wish you were here
I wish you were here
I wish you were here
I wish you were here
I lay my head onto the sand
The sky resembles a back-lit canopy with holes punched in it
I'm counting UFOs, I signal them with my lighter
And in this moment I am happy, happy
I wish you were here
I wish you were here
I wish you were here
Wish you were here
Oh yeah, the world's a roller-coaster and I am not strapped in
Maybe I should hold with care, but my hands are busy in the air
Saying
I wish you were here
I wish you were
I wish you were here
I wish you were here
I wish you were here
Wish you were here
only registered users can see external links
I don't have a lot but with me that's fine
Whatever I got, well I know it's mine
I don't go around with the local crowd
I don't dig what's in so I guess I'm out
I'm saying these things so you know me baby
So you understand what I'm all about
The boat that I row won't cross no OCEAN
The boat that I row won't get there soon
But I got the love if you got the notion
The boat that I row's big enough for two
Me and you
There ain't a man alive can tell me what to say
I choose my own side and I like it that way
I don't worry 'bout all the things I love
There's only one thing of what I ain't got
You know that I'm thinking about you baby
But you better know 'fore you come along
The boat that I row won't cross no ocean
The boat that I row won't get there soon
But I got the love if you got the notion
The boat that I row's big enough for two
Me and you
I'm saying these things so you know me baby
So you understand what I'm all about
The boat that I row won't cross no ocean
The boat that I row won't get there soon
But I got the love if you got the notion
The boat that I row's big enough for two
Me and you
The boat that I row won't cross no ocean
The boat that I row won't get there soon
But I got the love if you got the notion
The boat that I row's big enough for two
Me and you
The boat that I row won't cross no ocean
The boat that I row won't get there soon
The boat that I row won't cross no ocean
The boat that I row won't get there soon
only registered users can see external links
She walks in and I'm suddenly a hero
I'm taken in, my hopes begin to rise
Look at me, can't you tell
I'd be so thrilled to see the message in your eyes?
You make it seem I'm so close to my dream
And then suddenly it's all there
Suddenly, the wheels are in motion
And I, I'm ready to sail any OCEAN
Suddenly, I don't need the answers
'Cause I, I'm ready to take all my chances with you
And how can I feel you're all that matters?
I'd rely on anything you say
I'll take care that no illusions shatter
If you dare to say what you should say
You make it seem I'm so close to my dream
And then suddenly it's all there
Suddenly, the wheels are in motion
And I, I'm ready to sail any ocean
Suddenly, I don't need the answers
'Cause I, I'm ready to take all my chances with you
Why do I feel so alive when you're near?
There's no way any hurt can get through
Longing to spend every moment of the day with you
With you
Suddenly, the wheels are in motion
And I, I'm ready to sail any ocean
Suddenly, I don't need the answers
'Cause I, I'm ready to take all my chances with you, ooh
only registered users can see external links
Here comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion
I want to walk in the open wind
I want to talk like lovers do
Want to dive into your OCEAN
Is it raining with you?
So, baby, talk to me
Like lovers do
Walk with me
Like lovers do
Talk to me
Like lovers do
Here comes the rain again
Raining in my head like a tragedy
Tearing me apart like a new emotion (ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh)
I want to breathe in the open wind
I want to kiss like lovers do
Want to dive into your OCEAN
Is it raining with you?
So, baby, talk to me
Like lovers do
Walk with me
Like lovers do
Talk to me
Like lovers do
So, baby, talk to me
Like lovers do
Ooh
Ooh, yeah
Here it comes again
Ooh-ooh
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey
Here it comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion
(Here it comes again, here it comes again, oh-ah)
I want to walk in the open wind
I want to talk like lovers do
Want dive into your OCEAN
Is it raining with you?
Ooh, here it comes again
Here comes the rain again (I said)
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion (ooh, ooh, yeah)
I want to walk in the open wind (ooh, ooh)
I want to talk like lovers do
I want to dive into your OCEAN
Is it raining with you?
Here comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion
only registered users can see external links
You fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
Like a sleepy blue OCEAN
You fill up my senses
Come fill me again
Come let me love you
Let me give my life to you
Let me drown in your laughter
Let me die in your arms
Let me lay down beside you
Let me always be with you
Come let me love you
Come love me again
Let me give my life to you
Come let me love you
Come love me again
You fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
Like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses
Come fill me again
only registered users can see external links
I watch the distant lights go down the runway
Disappear into the evening sky
Oh, you know I'm with you on your journey
Never could say goodbye
And you waken in another country
Greet the morning under foreign skies
Leaving me to face another Monday
It's not easy to get by
It's not the place you're going to
It's just a phase you're going through
Though I won't stop you, I don't want you to
Breakaway
Fly across your OCEAN
Breakaway
Time has come for you
Breakaway
Fly across your ocean
Breakaway
Time has come
Now you travel on your own opinion
Leave your fears and doubts to fade away
Dust your dreams and take them on your journey
Spread your wings and fly away
Stop is all you're trying to find
Something else is on your mind
You need a little space and time
Breakaway
It's not the place you're going to
It's just a phase you're going through
Though I won't stop you, I don't want you to
Breakaway
Fly across your ocean
Breakaway
Time has come for you
Breakaway
Fly across your ocean
Breakaway
Time has come for you
And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife
And you may ask yourself, "Well, how did I get here?"
Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground
And you may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"
And you may ask yourself, "Where is that large automobile?"
And you may tell yourself, "This is not my beautiful house."
And you may tell yourself, "This is not my beautiful wife."
Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was
Water dissolving and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Under the water, carry the water
Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean
Water dissolving and water removing
Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again, into the silent water
Under the rocks and stones, there is water underground
Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground
You may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?"
You may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go to?"
And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again, into the silent water
Under the rocks and stones, there is water underground
Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was
Same as it ever was and look where my hand was
Time isn't holding up, time isn't after us
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was
Letting the days go by, same as it ever was
Here a twister comes, here comes the twister
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was (Letting the days go by)
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was (Letting the days go by)
Once in a lifetime (Let the water hold me down)
Letting the days go by (Water flowing underground)
Into the blue again
On a long and lonesome highway, east of Omaha
You can listen to the engine moaning out its one-note song
You can think about the woman or the girl you knew the night before
But your thoughts will soon be wandering the way they always do
When you're riding sixteen hours and there's nothing there to do
And you don't feel much like riding, you just wish the trip was through
Here I am
On the road again
There I am
On the stage
Here I go
Playing star again
There I go
Turn the PAGE
Well, you walk into a restaurant all strung-out from the road
And you feel the eyes upon you as you're shaking off the cold
You pretend it doesn't bother you but you just want to explode
Most times you can't hear 'em talk, other times you can
All the same old clichйs, "Is it woman? Is it man?"
And you always seem outnumbered so you don't dare make a stand
Oh, here I am
On the road again
There I am
On the stage, yeah
Here I go
Playing star again
There I go
Turn the PAGE
Out there in the spotlight you're a million miles away
Every ounce of energy you try to give away
As the sweat pours out your body like the music that you play
Later in the evening as you lie awake in bed
With the echoes from the amplifiers ringing in your head
You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said
Here I am
On the road again
There I am
Up on the stage
Ah, here I go
Playing star again
There I go
Turn the PAGE
Here I am
On the road again
There I am
On the stage, yeah
Here I go
Playing star again
There I go
There I go
only registered users can see external links
Young teacher, the subject
Of schoolgirl fantasy
She wants him so badly
Knows what she wants to be
Inside him, there's longing
This girl's an open PAGE
Book marking, she's so close now
This girl is half his age
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Her friends are so jealous
You know how bad girls get
Sometimes it's not so easy
To be the teacher's pet
Temptation, frustration
So bad it makes him cry
Wet bus stop, she's waiting
His car is warm and dry
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Loose talk in the classroom
To hurt they try and try
Strong words in the staff room
The accusations fly
It's no use, he sees her
He starts to shake and cough
Just like the old man in
That book by Nabokov
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say
Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
And when I come home cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away, across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spell
only registered users can see external links
If I could turn the PAGE
In time, then I'd rearrange
Just a day or two
(Close my, close my, close my eyes)
But I couldn't find a way
So I'll settle for one day
To believe in you
(Tell me, tell me, tell me lies)
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
Tell me lies (tell me, tell me lies)
Oh no, no, you can't disguise
You can't disguise (no, you can't disguise)
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
Although I'm not making friends
I hope that you understand
There's a reason why
(Close your, close your, close your eyes)
No more broken hearts
We're better off apart
Let's give it a try
(Tell me, tell me, tell me lies)
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
Tell me lies (tell me, tell me lies)
Oh no, no, you can't disguise
You can't disguise (no, you can't disguise)
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
If I could turn the page
In time, then I'd rearrange
Just a day or two
(Close my, close my, close my eyes)
But I couldn't find a way
So I'll settle for one day
To believe in you
(Tell me, tell me, tell me lies)
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
Tell me lies (tell me, tell me lies)
Oh no, no, you can't disguise
You can't disguise (no, you can't disguise)
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
Tell me lies (tell me, tell me lies)
Oh no, no, you can't disguise
You can't disguise (no, you can't disguise)
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
(Tell me, tell me lies)
only registered users can see external links
Ooh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
One time, oh, oh
We could sail away
Or catch a freight train
Or a rocketship into outer space
Nothin' left to do
Too many things were said
To ever make it feel
Like yesterday did
Seasons must change
Separate paths, separate ways
If we blame it on anything
Let's blame it on the rain
I knew it all along
I'd have to write this song
Too young to fall in love
Guess we knew it all along
That's alright, that's okay
We were walkin' through some youth
Smilin' through the pain
That's alright, that's okay
Let's turn the PAGE
My friends called today
Down from L.A.
They were shooting pool all night
Sleeping half of the day
They said I could crash
If I could find my own way
I told them you were leaving
On a bus to go away
That's alright, that's okay
We were two kids in love
Trying to find our way
That's alright, that's okay
Held our dreams in our hands
Let our minds run away
That's alright, now that's okay
We were walkin' through some youth
Smilin' through the pain
That's alright, let's turn the PAGE
And remember what I say, girl
It goes this way, yeah
Girl, don't go away mad
Girl, just go away
Girl, don't go away mad
Now, girl, just go away
Here we go
Don't go way mad
I don't want you mad
Come on, girl
Woo, ow
Come on, baby, ow
I said one more time
Girl, don't go away mad (don't want you mad)
Girl, just go away
Girl, don't go away mad
Girl, don't go away
Girl, don't go away mad
Girl, just go away
Say, girl, don't go away mad
And, girl, just go away
And I said, girl, don't go away mad
Girl, just go away, yeah
Girl, don't go away mad
Girl, just go away
Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more
Ah
Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
I hear the voices when I'm dreaming
I can hear them say
Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more
Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man
Well, it surely means that I don't know
On a stormy sea of moving emotion
Tossed about, I'm like a ship on the ocean
I set a course for winds of fortune
But I hear the voices say
Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more no!
Carry on
You will always remember
Carry on
Nothing equals the splendor
Now your life's no longer empty
Surely heaven waits for you
Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry
Don't you cry no more
No more!
only registered users can see external links
Oh yeah, all right
Are you going to be in my dreams
Tonight?
[Drum solo]
[Guitar solos]
And in the end
The love you take
Is EQUAL to the love
You make
only registered users can see external links
There is unrest in the forest
Trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas
The trouble with the maples
(And they're quite convinced they're right)
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade
There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the maples scream, "Oppression"
And the oaks just shake their heads
So the maples formed a union
And demanded EQUAL rights
They say, "The oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light"
Now there's no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept EQUAL
By hatchet, axe, and saw
Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true
Wanted a woman, never bargained for you
Lots of people talk and few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below, yeah
You hurt and abuse telling all of your lies
Run 'round, sweet baby, Lord, how they hypnotize
Sweet little baby, I don't know where you've been
Gonna love you, baby, here I come again
Every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay
Try to love you, baby, but you push me away
Don't know where you're going, only know just where you've been
Sweet little baby, I want you again
Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true
Wanted a woman, never bargained for you
Take it easy, baby, let them say what they will
Tongue wag so much when I send you the bill
only registered users can see external links
I'm a-gonna raise a fuss
I'm a-gonna raise a holler
About a-workin' all summer
Just to try to EARN a dollar
Every time I call my baby
Try to get a date
My boss says, "No dice, son
You gotta work late"
Sometimes I wonder
What I'm a-gonna do
But there ain't no cure
For the summertime blues
Oh, well, my mom and papa told me
"Son, you gotta make some money
And if you wanna use the car
To go a-ridin' next Sunday"
Well, I didn't go to work
Told the boss I was sick
"Well, you can't use the car
'Cause you didn't work a lick"
Sometimes I wonder
What I'm a-gonna do
But there ain't no cure
For the summertime blues
I'm gonna take two weeks
Gonna have a fine vacation
I'm gonna take my problem
To the United Nations
Well, I called my congressman
And he said, quote
"I'd like to help you, son
But you're too young to vote"
Sometimes I wonder
What I'm a-gonna do
But there ain't no cure
For the summertime blues
only registered users can see external links
Is there anybody going to listen to my story
All about the girl who came to stay?
She's the kind of girl you want so much it makes you sorry
Still, you don't regret a single day
Ah, girl, girl, girl
When I think of all the times I tried so hard to leave her
She will turn to me and start to cry
And she promises the earth to me and I believe her
After all this time I don't know why
Ah, girl, girl, girl
She's the kind of girl who puts you down
When friends are there,
You feel a fool
When you say she's looking good
She acts as if it's understood.
She's cool, ooh, ooh, ooh
Ah, girl, girl, girl
Was she told when she was young that pain would lead to pleasure?
Did she understand it when they said
That a man must break his back to EARN his day of leisure?
Will she still believe it when he's dead?
Ah, girl, girl, girl
only registered users can see external links
We live in a greedy little world
That teaches every little boy and girl
To EARN as much as they can possibly
Then turn around and spend it foolishly
We've created us a credit card mess
We spend the money that we don't possess
Our religion is to go and blow it all
So we're shoppin' every Sunday at the mall
All we ever want is more
A lot more than we had before
So take me to the nearest store
(Ka-ching!)
Can you hear it ring? (Ka-ching!)
It makes you wanna sing (Ka-ching!)
It's such a beautiful thing
Ka-ching! (Ka-ching!)
Lots of diamond rings (Ka-ching!)
The happiness it brings (Ka-ching!)
You'll live like a king
With lots of money and things
When you're broke, go and get a loan
Take out another mortgage on your home
Consolidate so you can afford
To go and spend some more when you get bored
All we ever want is more
A lot more than we had before
So take me to the nearest store
(Ka-ching!)
Can you hear it ring? (Ka-ching!)
It makes you wanna sing (Ka-ching!)
It's such a beautiful thing
Ka-ching! (Ka-ching!)
Lots of diamond rings (Ka-ching!)
The happiness it brings (Ka-ching!)
You'll live like a king
With lots of money and things
Let's swing
Dig deeper in your pocket
Ooh, yeah, ah
Come on, I know you've got it
Dig deeper in your wallet
Oh
All we ever want is more
A lot more than we had before
So take me to the nearest store
(Ka-ching!)
Can you hear it ring? (Ka-ching!)
It makes you wanna sing (Ka-ching!)
It's such a beautiful thing
Ka-ching! (Ka-ching!)
Lots of diamond rings (Ka-ching!)
The happiness it brings (Ka-ching!)
You'll live like a king
With lots of money and things (Ka-ching!)
Can you hear it ring? (Ka-ching!)
It makes you wanna sing (Ka-ching!)
You'll live like a king
With lots of money and things
Ka-ching!
only registered users can see external links
Fire and water, wind and rain
Wings that carry Hell in every vein
World's possessions, endless tears
Truth and knowledge stolen all their years
World turns slowly, sun don't shine
Silence stills the air and kills the chime
Words are poison, passion bleeds
Two thousand years on Earth has sown the seeds
The time of dreams has turned
The night is gone and light shines on
Where darkness once would hide
With spirits high, our fears were born
Receiver of light, the kingdom of God will guide you
Keep you from a restless heart, oh
Deceiver of night, the stranger that laughs within you
The reason for your restless heart, oh
Is the keeper of the Sabbath Stones
Fire and water, wind and rain
Wings that carry Hell in every vein
World turns slowly, sun don't shine
Silence stills the air and kills the chime
Can faith destroy desire?
Each breath a prayer, each step brings fear
The eyes of they that see have evil stare
Watch over me
Receiver of light, the kingdom of God will guide you
Keep you from a restless heart, oh
Deceiver of night, the stranger that laughs within you
The reason for your restless heart, oh
Is the keeper of the Sabbath Stones
He's the keeper of the Sabbath Stones
What God is this that stands to hear his people cry?
What hand would strike and watch his people die?
What life that takes, what future did we EARN?
It's our mistakes, take heed the Sabbath Stones
What life that takes, what future did we EARN?
It's our mistakes
No
I love, I love, I love my calendar girl
Yeah, sweet calendar girl
I love, I love, I love my calendar girl
Each and every day of the year
(January) you start the year off fine
(February) you're my little valentine
(March) I'm gonna march you down the aisle
(April) you're the Easter Bunny when you smile
Yeah, yeah, my heart's in a whirl
I love, I love, I love my little calendar girl
Every day (every day) every day (every day)
Of the year
(Every day of the year)
(May) maybe if I ask your dad and mom
(June) they'll let me take you to the Junior Prom
(July) like a firecracker all aglow
(August) when you're on the beach you steal the show
Yeah, yeah, my heart's in a whirl
I love, I love, I love my little calendar girl
Every day (every day) every day (every day)
Of the year
(Every day of the year)
Yeah, yeah, my heart's in a whirl
I love, I love, I love my little calendar girl
Every day (every day) every day (every day)
Of the year
(Every day of the year)
(September) I light the candles at your sweet sixteen
(October) Romeo and Juliet on Halloween
(November) I'll give thanks that you belong to me
(December) you're the present 'neath my Christmas tree
Yeah, yeah, my heart's in a whirl
I love, I love, I love my little calendar girl
Every day (every day) every day (every day)
Of the year
(Every day of the year)
I love, I love, I love my calendar girl
Yeah, sweet calendar girl
I love, I love, I love my calendar girl
Yeah, sweet calendar girl
only registered users can see external links
[Verse 1]
APRIL, come she will
When streams are ripe and swelled with rain
MAY, she will stay
Resting in my arms again
[Verse 2]
JUNE, she'll change her tune
In restless walks, she'll prowl the night
JULY,she will fly
And give no warning to her flight
[Verse 3]
AUGUST, die she must
The autumn winds blow chilly and cold
SEPTEMBER, I'll remember
A love once new has now grown old
Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when SEPTEMBER ends
Like my father's come to pass
Seven years has gone so fast
Wake me up when SEPTEMBER ends
Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are
As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when SEPTEMBER ends
Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when SEPTEMBER ends
Ring out the bells again
Like we did when spring began
Wake me up when SEPTEMBER ends
Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are
As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when SEPTEMBER ends
Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when SEASON ends
Like my father's come to pass
Twenty years has gone so fast
Wake me up when SEPTEMBER ends
Wake me up when SEPTEMBER ends
Wake me up when SEPTEMBER ends
only registered users can see external links
It was a hot afternoon
The last day of JUNE
And the sun was a demon
The clouds were afraid
One tin in the shade
And the pavement was steaming
I told Billy Ray
In his red Chevrolet
I needed time for some thinking
I was just walking by
When I looked in her eye
And I swore it was winking
She was thirty-one
And I was seventeen
I knew nothing 'bout love
She knew everything
But I sat down beside her
On a front porch swing
And wondered what the coming night would bring
The sun closed her eyes
As it climbed in the skies
And it started to swelter
The sweat trickled down
The front of her gown
And I thought it would melt her
She threw back her hair
Like I wasn't there
And she sipped on a Juliet
Her shoulders were bare
And I tried not to stare
When I looked at her tulip
And when she looked at me
I heard her softly say
"I know you're young
You don't know what to do or say
But stay with me until the sun has gone away
And I will chase the boy in you away"
And then she smiled
And we talked for a while
Then we walked for a mile to the sea
We sat on the sand
And a boy took her hand
But I saw the sun rise as a man
Ten years have gone by
Since I looked in her eye
But the memory lingers
I go back in my mind
To the very first time
And feel the touch of her fingers
It was a hot afternoon
The last day of June
And the sun was a demon
The clouds were afraid
One tin in the shade
And the pavement was steaming
only registered users can see external links
If everybody had an ocean
Across the U.S.A.
Then everybody'd be surfin'
Like Californi-a
You'd seem 'em wearing their baggies
Huarachi sandals too
A bushy bushy blonde hairdo
Surfin' U.S.A.
You'd catch 'em surfin' at Del Mar
Ventura County line
Santa Cruz and Trestle
Australia's Narrabeen
All over Manhattan
And down Doheny Way
Everybody's gone surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A.
We'll all be planning that route
We're gonna take real soon
We're waxing down our surfboards
We can't wait for JUNE
We'll all be gone for the summer
We're on surfari to stay
Tell the teacher we're surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A.
Haggerties and Swamies
Pacific Palisades
San Anofree and Sunset
Redondo Beach L.A.
All over La Jolla
At Waimia Bay
Everybody's gone surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A.
Everybody's gone surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A.
Everybody's gone surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A.
Everybody's gone surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A.
Everybody's gone surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A.
(Everybody's gone surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A.)
Oh, what a night
Late DECEMBER, back in '63
What a very special time for me
As I remember, what a night
Oh, what a night
You know, I didn't even know her name
But I was never gonna be the same
What a lady, what a night
Oh, I, I got a funny feeling
When she walked in the room
And my, as I recall
It ended much too soon
(Oh, what a night)
Hypnotizing, mesmerizin' me
She was everything I dreamed she'd be
Sweet surrender, what a night
And I felt a rush
Like a rolling bolt of thunder
Spinning my head around
And takin' my body under
(Oh, what a night)
Oh, I got a funny feeling
When she walked in the room
And my, as I recall
It ended much too soon
(Oh, what a night)
Why'd it take so long to see the light?
Seemed so wrong, but now it seems so right
What a lady, what a night
Oh, I felt a rush
Like a rolling bolt of thunder
Spinning my head around
And takin' my body under
(Oh, what a night)
Do do do, do do, do do do do
(Oh, what a night)
Do do do, do do, do do do do
(Oh, what a night)
Do do do, do do, do do do do
(Oh, what a night)
Do do do, do do, do do do do...
Out of the street - get on home
Tail shaking filly running on her own
They say she got loose on the night
She was born
Cranking it up in a school zone
"Kick it out - Kick it out", she said
"kick out your motor and drive
While you're still alive - kick it out!"
Sitting in a bar in a seaside town
Sweet little love getting high getting down
Sailors see her running along the beach
Laugh and jump out of reach
Wild music blowing in her mane
She needs a bareback rider won't give her
No pain
A hard racy game of give and take
Leaves them dazed - half crazed- in her wake
"Kick it out - Kick it out", she said
"kick out your motor and drive
While you're still alive - kick it out!"
And right now, right now
Right now, it's time to
KICK out the jams, motherfuckers
Yeah, I, I, I, I, I'm gonna
I'm gonna KICK 'em out, yeah
Well, I feel pretty good and I guess that I could get crazy now, baby
'Cause we all got in tune and when the dressing room got hazy, now baby
I know how you want it child, hot, quick and tight
The girls can't stand it when you're doin' it right
Let me up on the stand and let me KICK out the jam
Yes, KICK out the jams
I want to KICK 'em out
Yes, I'm starting to sweat, you know my shirt's all wet, what a feeling
In the sound that abounds and resounds and rebounds off the ceiling
You gotta have it baby, you can't do without
When you get that feeling, you gotta sock 'em out
Put that mike in my hand and let me KICK out the jam
Yes, KICK out the jams
I want to KICK 'em out
So you got to give it up, you know you can't get enough Miss Mackenzie
'Cause it gets in your brain, it drives you insane with the frenzy
The wigglin' guitars girl, the crash of the drums
Make you wanna keep a rockin' till morning comes
Let me be who I am and let me KICK out the jam
Yes, KICK out the jams
I done KICKED 'em out
only registered users can see external links
There was a lot of rocking going on that night
Cruising time for the young bright lights
Just down past the gasworks, by the meat factory door
The five lamp boys were coming on strong
The Saturday night city beat had already started
And the, the pulse of the corner boys just sprang into action
And young Billy watched it all under the yellow street light
And said "tonight of all nights, there's gonna be a fight"
Billy don't like it living here in this town
He says the traps have been sprung long before he was born
He says "hope bites the dust behind all the closed doors"
And pus and grime ooze from its scab crusted sores
There's screaming and crying in the high-rise blocks"
It's a rat trap Billy, but you're already caught
And you can make it if you wanna or you need it bad enough
You're young and good-looking and you're acting kind of tough
Anyway it's Saturday night time to see what's going down
Put on the bright suit Billy, head for the right side of town
It's only 8 o'clock but you're already bored
You don't know what it is but, there's got to be more
You'd better find a way out, hey KICK down that door
It's a rat trap and you've been caught
In this town Billy says "everybody's trying to tell you what to do"
In this town Billy says "everybody says you gotta follow rules"
You walk up to those traffic lights
You switch from your left to right
You push in that button and that button comes alight
And hits you
"Walk, don't walk
Walk, don't walk
Talk, don't talk
Talk, don't talk"
"Walk, don't walk
Walk, don't walk
Talk, don't talk
Talk, don't talk"
Hey Billy take a walk, take a walk, take a walk
Billy take a walk, take a walk, take a walk
Billy take a walk, take a walk, take a walk
Hey Billy, take a walk with me
Take a walk that leads to me
Sweet high school blues
Oh little Judy's trying to watch "top of the pops"
But mum and dad are fighting don't they ever stop
She takes off her coat and walks down into the street
It's cold on that road, but it's got that home beat
Deep down in her pockets she finds 50p
Hey is that any way for a young girl to be?
I'm gonna get out of school work in some factory
Work all the hours God gave me get myself a little easy money
Now, now, now na na
Her mind's made up, she walks down the road
Her hands in her pockets, coat buttoned 'gainst the cold
She finds Billy down at the Italian cafe
And when he's drunk it's hard to understand what Billy says
But then he mumbles in his coffee and he suddenly roars
"It's a rat trap Judy; and we've been caught"
Rat trap, you've been caught
In a rat trap, you've been caught
In a rat trap, you've been caught
In a rat trap, you've been caught
In a rat trap, you've been caught
In a rat trap, you've been caught
In a rat trap, you've been caught
In a rat trap, you've been caught (the boys are 'round and they're lookin' for a mate)
In a rat trap, you've been caught
In a rat trap, you've been caught
In a rat trap, you've been caught
In a rat trap, you've been caught
only registered users can see external links
[Verse 1]
Well, if you ever plan to motor west
Jack, take my way, it's the highway that's the best
Get your KICKS on Route 66
[Verse 2]
Well, it winds from Chicago to L.A.
More than two thousand miles all the way
Get your kicks on Route 66
[Refrain]
Well, it goes from St. Louie, Joplin, Missouri
Oklahoma City looks, ooh, so pretty
You'll see Amarillo and Gallup, New Mexico
Flagstaff, Arizona, don't forget Winona
Kingsman, Barstow, San Bernardino
Won't you get hip to this kindly tip
Jack, and take that California trip?
Get your kicks on Route 66
[Guitar Solo]
[Refrain]
Well, it goes from St. Louie, Joplin, Missouri
Oklahoma City looks, ooh, so pretty
You'll see Amarillo and Gallup, New Mexico
Flagstaff, Arizona, don't forget Winona
Kingsman, Barstow, San Bernardino
Won't you get hip to that kindly tip
Jack, and take that California trip?
Get your kicks on Route 66
Get your kicks on Route 66
Get your kicks on Route 66
Get your kicks on Route 66
Cole Porter
My story is much too sad to be told
But practically everything
Leaves me totally cold
The only exception I know is the case
When I'm out on a quiet spree
Fighting vainly the old enui
And I suddenly turn and see
Your fabulous face
I get no kick from champagne
Mere alcohol doesn't thrill me at all
So tell me why should it be true
That I get a kick out of you
Some get a kick from cocaine
I'm sure that if I took even one sniff
That would bore me terrificly too
Yet I get a kick out of you
I get a kick every time I see you standing there before me
I get a kick, though its clear to me you obviously don't
Adore me
I get no kick in a plane
Flying too high
With some guy in the sky is my idea of nothing to do
Yet I get a kick
Out of you
only registered users can see external links
Rock me, give me that KICK now
Rock me, show me that trick now
Roll me, you can do magic
Baby, and I can't get enough of it
Rock me, give me that feeling
Roll me, rocking and reeling
Baby, so don't stop doing it, don't stop doing it, now
(Don't stop the rocking, don't stop the rocking
I said don't stop the rocking)
Wanna be wanna be in my baby's arms
Gonna be gonna be
Nice and gentle if you want me to
Just as long as I'm in love with you
Yours for ever, honey, that's what I
Wanna be wanna be wanna be, yeah
Rock me, give me that kick now
Rock me, show me that trick now
Roll me, you can do magic
Baby, and I can't get enough of it
Rock me, give me that feeling
Roll me, rocking and reeling
Baby, so don't stop doing it, don't stop doing it, now
(Don't stop the rocking, don't stop the rocking
I said don't stop the rocking)
Wanna be wanna be with the one that I love, love, love
Gonna be gonna be
With you baby every single night
I can teach you how to rock all right
Your sweet lover, honey, that's what I
Wanna be wanna be wanna be, yeah
Rock me, give me that kick now
Rock me, show me that trick now
Roll me, you can do magic
Baby, and I can't get enough of it
Rock me, give me that feeling
Roll me, rocking and reeling
Baby, so don't stop doing it, don't stop doing it
Rock me (rock me), give me that kick now
Roll me (roll me), show me that trick now
Baby, so don't stop doing it, don't stop doing it
Rock me (rock me), give me that feeling
Roll me (roll me), rocking and reeling
Baby, so don't stop doing it, don't stop doing it
There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God, I know I'm one
My mother was a tailor
She sewed my new blue jeans
My father was a gamblin' man
Down in New Orleans
Now the only thing a gambler needs
Is a suitcase and a trunk
And the only time he's satisfied
Is when he's on a drunk
Oh mother, tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your lives in sin and misery
In the House of the Rising Sun
Well, I got one foot on the platform
The other foot on the train
I'm goin' back to New Orleans
To wear that ball and chain
Well, there is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God, I know I'm one
The house that jack built - Alan Price Set
only registered users can see external links
Brother Nigel paints the stairs with the signs of the Zodiac
Throws milk in the mirror as he stands in his plastic bag
My sister Emma rides ever round and round the garden
Spends the whole day saying: "I beg your pardon"
Oh, my, my, my, my, my, my, my
It makes you wanna cry
This is the HOUSE that Jack built, baby
And it reaches up into the sky
Uncle Joe cracks walnuts in between his toes for fun
And looks through coloured glass at the dark spots on the sun
And Mary, she believes that her mother was a queen
Keep saying you just missed him, King Solomon has just been
Oh, my, my, my, my, my, my, my
It makes you wanna cry
This is the house that Jack built, baby
And it reaches up into the sky
{Bridge}
Oh, my, my, my, my, my, my, my
It makes you wanna cry
This is the house that Jack built, baby
And it reaches up into the sky
I'll light the fire, you place the flowers in the vase that you bought today
Staring at the fire for hours and hours while I listen to you
Play your love songs all night long for me, only for me
Come to me now and rest your head for just five minutes, everything is good
Such a cozy room
The windows are illuminated by the evening sunshine through them
Fiery gems for you, only for you
Our HOUSE is a very, very, very fine HOUSE with two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy 'cause of you and our—
La, la, la
Our HOUSE is a very, very, very fine HOUSE with two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy 'cause of you and our—
I'll light the fire, while you place the flowers in the vase that you bought today
only registered users can see external links
This ole HOUSE once knew his children
This ole house once new his wife
This ole house was home and comfort
As they fought the storms of life
This ole house once rang with laughter
This ole house heard many shouts
Now he trembles in the darkness
When the lightning walks about.
(Ain't a gonna need this house no longer
Ain't a gonna need this house no more)
Ain't got time to fix the shingles
Ain't got time to fix the floor
Ain't got time to oil the hinges
Nor to mend no window panes
Ain't gonna need this house no longer
He's getting ready to meet his fate
This ole house is getting shaky
This ole house is getting old
This ole house lets in the rain
This ole house lets in the cold
Oh his knees are a getting chilly
But he feels no fear nor pain
Cause he seeks a new tomorrow
Through a golden window pain
(Ain't a gonna need this house no longer
Ain't a gonna need this house no more)
Ain't got time to fix the shingles
Ain't got time to fix the floor
Ain't got time to oil the hinges
Nor to mend no window panes
Ain't gonna need this house no longer
He's getting ready to meet his fate
This ole house is afraid of thunder
This ole house is afraid of storms
This ole house just groans and trembles
When the night wind flings it arms
This ole house is getting feeble
This ole house is a needing paint
Just like him it's tuckered out
He's a getting ready to meet his fate
(Ain't a gonna need this house no longer
Ain't a gonna need this house no more)
Ain't got time to fix the shingles
Ain't got time to fix the floor
Ain't got time to oil the hinges
Nor to mend no window panes
Ain't gonna need this house no longer
He's getting ready to meet his fate
(Ain't a gonna need this house no longer
Ain't a gonna need this house no more)
Ain't got time to fix the shingles
Ain't got time to fix the floor
Ain't got time to oil the hinges
Nor to mend no window panes
Ain't gonna need this house no longer
He's getting ready to meet his fate
(Ain't a gonna need this house no longer
Ain't a gonna need this house no more)
Ain't got time to fix the shingles
only registered users can see external links
I can see you now living like a queen
In a HOUSE that has everything, everything but love
Crystal chandeliers, chauffeured limousines
Yes you'll really have everything, everything but love
I see diamonds and sables, sapphires and pearls
And as the picture clears
Poor little rich girl sitting all alone
Counting her treasures in tears
Better just a shack where two people care
Than a house that has everything, everything but love
I see diamonds, sables, sapphires and pearls
And as the picture clears
Poor little rich girl sitting all alone
Counting her treasures in tears
Better just a shack where two people care
Than a house that has everything, everything but love
Than a house that has everything, everything but love
only registered users can see external links
Ah, watch out
You might get what you're after
Cool babies
Strange but not a stranger
I'm an ordinary guy
Burning down the house
Hold tight
Wait 'til the party's over
Hold tight
We're in for nasty weather
There has got to be a way
Burning down the house
Here's your ticket, pack your bags
Time for jumpin' overboard
Transportation is here
Close enough but not too far
Maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire
Ah, all wet
Hey, you might need a raincoat
Shakedown
Dreams walking in broad daylight
365 degrees
Burning down the house
Ah, it was once upon a place
Sometimes I listen to myself
Gonna come in first place
People on their way to work
And, baby what do you expect?
Gonna burst into flames, ah
Burning down the house
My house
Is out of the ordinary
That's right
Don't wannna hurt nobody
Some things sure can sweep me off my feet
Burning down the house
No visible means of support
And you have not seen nothin' yet
Everything's stuck together
And I don't know what you expect
Staring into the TV set
Fightin' fire with fire, ah
only registered users can see external links
How many more times, treat me the way you wanna do
How many more times, treat me the way you wanna do
When I give you all my love, please, please be true
I'll give you all I've got to give, rings, pearls, and all
I'll give you all I've got to give, rings, pearls, and all
I've got to get you together baby, I'm sure, sure you're gonna crawl
I was a young man, I couldn't resist
Started thinkin' it over, just what I had missed
Got me a girl and I kissed her and then and then
Whoops, oh lord, well I did it again
Now I've got ten children of my own
I got another child on the way that makes eleven
But I'm in constant heaven
I know it's all right in my mind
'Cause I got a little schoolgirl and she's all mine
I can't get through to her 'cause it doesn't permit
But I'm gonna give her everything I've got to give
Oh, Rosie, oh, girl, oh, Rosie, oh, yeah
Steal away now, steal away
Steal away, baby, steal away
Little Robert Anthony wants to come and play
Why don't you come for me, baby, steal away, alright, alright
Well, they call me the hunter, that's my name
Call me the hunter, that's how I got my fame
Ain't no need to hide, ain't no need to run
'Cause I've got you in the sights of my gun
How many more times, barrel HOUSE all night long
How many more times, barrel HOUSE all night long
Well I've got to get to you, baby, oh, please come home
Why don't you listen to me, babe
Why don't you please come home
Why don't you please come home
Why don't you please come home
Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a windswept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
A fatal attraction is holding me fast
How can I escape this irresistible grasp?
Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky
Tongue-tied and twisted
Just an earth-bound misfit, I
Ice is forming on the tips of my wings
Unheeded warnings, I thought, I thought of everything
No navigator to find my way home
Unladen empty and turned to stone
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted
Just an earth-bound misfit, I
Throttle friction lock - set
Mixtures - rich
Propellers - fully forward
Flaps - set - ten degrees
Engine gauges and suction - check
Radios - set
Transponder - set, recheck
Flight instruments
Altimeters - check both
Navigation lights - on
Pitot heater - on
Strobes - on
Golf romeo-echo ready for departure
Romeo-echo listen out 129 decimal 4
129 4 listening out
Romeo-echo is cleared takeoff, the wind's north at ten knots
Romeo-echo
So, on the brake. Just be ready, it's gonna roll this time
Just feel the power gradually, and it
Above the planet on a wing and a prayer
My grubby halo, a vapour trail in the empty air
Across the clouds I see my shadow fly
Out of the corner of my watering eye
A dream unthreatened by the morning light
Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
Can't keep my mind from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted
Just an earth-bound misfit, I
only registered users can see external links
There's a grief that can't be spoken
There's a pain goes on and on
EMPTY chairs at empty tables
Now my friends are dead and gone
Here they talked of revolution
Here it was they lit the flame
Here they sang about tomorrow
And tomorrow never came
From the table in the corner
They could see a world reborn
And they rose with voices ringing
And I can hear them now
The very words that they had sung
Became their last communion
On this lonely barricade at dawn
Oh my friends, my friends forgive me
That I live and you are gone
There's a grief that can't be spoken
There's a pain goes on and on
Phantom faces at the windows
Phantom shadows on the floor
Empty chairs at empty tables
Where my friends will meet no more
Oh my friends, my friends, don't ask me
What your sacrifice was for
Empty chairs at empty tables
Where my friends will sing no more
only registered users can see external links
If you go away
On this summer day
Then you might as well
Take the sun away
All the birds that flew
In the summer sky
When our love was new
And our hearts were high
And the day was young
And the night was long
And the moon stood still
For the night bird's song
If you go away
But if you stay
I'll make you a day
Like no day has been
Or will be again
We'll sail the sun
We'll ride on the rain
And talk to the trees
And worship the wind
Then if you go
I'll understand
Leave me just enough love
To fill up my hand
If you go away
As I know you will
You must tell the world
To stop turning, turning
'til you return again
If you ever do
For what good is love
Without loving you?
Can I tell you now
As you turn to go
I'll be dying slowly
'til the next hello
But if you stay
I'll make you a night
Like no night has been
Or will be again
I'll sail on your smile
I'll glide on your touch
I'll talk to your eyes
That I love so much
But if you go
I won't cry
Though the good is gone
From the word goodbye
If you go away
As I know you must
There'll be nothing left
In this world to trust
Just an EMPTY room
Full of empty space
Like the empty look
I see on your face
And I'd have been the shadow
Of your shadow
If it might have kept me
By your side
only registered users can see external links
There are times when a woman has to say what's on her mind
Even though she knows how much it's gonna hurt
Before I say another word, let me tell you "I love you"
Let me hold you close, and say these words as gently as I can
"There's been another man that I've needed, and I've loved
But that doesn't mean I love you less
And he knows he can't possess me, and he knows he never will
There's just this EMPTY place inside of me that only he can fill"
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving you both is breaking all the rules
You mustn't think you failed me just because there's someone else
You were the first real love I ever had
And all the things I ever said, I swear they still are true
For no one else can have the part of me I gave to you
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving you both is breaking all the rules
I couldn't really blame you if you turned and walked away
But with everything I feel inside, I'm asking you to stay
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving you both is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool-
only registered users can see external links
How can I just let you walk away?
Just let you leave without a trace
When I stand here taking every breath
With you? Ooh, ooh
You're the only one who really knew me at all
How can you just walk away from me
When all I can do is watch you leave?
'Cause we've shared the laughter and the pain
And even shared the tears
You're the only one who really knew me at all
So, take a look at me now
Well, there's just an EMPTY space
And there's nothing left here to remind me
Just the memory of your face
Ooh, take a look at me now
Well, there's just an EMPTY space
And you coming back to me is against the odds
And that's what I've got to face
I wish I could just make you turn around
Turn around and see me cry
There's so much I need to say to you
So many reasons why
You're the only one who really knew me at all
So, take a look at me now
Well, there's just an EMPTY space
And there's nothing left here to remind me
Just the memory of your face
Now, take a look at me now
'Cause there's just an EMPTY space
But to wait for you is all I can do
And that's what I've got to face
Take a good look at me now
'Cause I'll still be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
It's the chance I've gotta take
Take a look at me now
only registered users can see external links
Don't THROW your love away
No, no, no, no
Don't throw your love away
For you might need it someday
Don't throw your dreams away
No, no, no, no
Keep them another day
For you might need them someday
Lovers of today
Just throw their dreams away
And play at love
They give their love away
To anyone who'll say, I love you
Don't throw your love away
No, no, no, no
Don't throw your love away
For you might need it someday
Lovers of today
Just throw their dreams away
And play at love
They give their love away
To anyone who'll say, I love you
Go out and have your fun
You better
Have your fun with anyone
But don't throw your love away
Don't throw your love away
No, no, no, no
Don't throw your love away
For you might need it someday
Don't throw your love away
No, no, no, no
Don't throw your love away, yay
only registered users can see external links
THROW down a line, help a poor boy
Who's a drowning in the stormy sea
Throw down the line, help a poor boy
Who's a hanging in a nowhere tree
Have you got a place for me
Men are tied in chains of silence
I look on violence, up, down, left and right
Is there no hope of light
The peaceful hand that once caressed me
Hurts like the rest, because it's turned to stone
Talons of steel have grown
Throw down a line, help a poor boy
Who's a drowning in the stormy sea
Throw down a line, help a poor boy
Who's hanging in a nowhere tree
Have you got a place for me
Yeah
Oh help me
Yeah, throw down a line, help a poor boy
Who's drowning in the stormy sea
Throw down a line, help a poor boy
Who's hanging in a nowhere tree
Have you got a place for me
See the moon, it's getting nearer
But no more clearer than the earth below
What do we really know
I feel the stab of pain returning
Despair is burning in my heart again
Why don't they see the end, ah
Throw down a line, help a poor boy
Who's a drowning in the stormy sea
Yeah, throw down a line, help a poor boy
Who's hanging in a nowhere tree
Have you got a place for me
We gotta sing it again
Throw down a line, help a poor boy
Who's drowning in the stormy sea
Yeah, throw down a line, help a poor boy
Who's hanging in a nowhere tree
Have you got a place for me
only registered users can see external links
Her hair is Harlow gold
Her lips a sweet surprise
Her hands are never cold
She's got Bette Davis eyes
She'll turn her music on you
You won't have to think twice
She's pure as New York snow
She got Bette Davis eyes
And she'll tease you, she'll unease you
All the better just to please you
She's precocious, and she knows just what it
Takes to make a pro blush
She got Greta Garbo's standoff sighs, she's got Bette Davis eyes
She'll let you take her home
It whets her appetite
She'll lay you on a throne
She got Bette Davis eyes
She'll take a tumble on you
Roll you like you were dice
Until you come out blue
She's got Bette Davis eyes
She'll expose you, when she snows you
Offer feed with the crumbs she THROWS you
She's ferocious and she knows just what it
Takes to make a pro blush
All the boys think she's a spy, she's got Bette Davis eyes
She'll tease you, she'll unease you
All the better just to please you
She's precocious, and she knows just what it
Takes to make a pro blush
All the boys think she's a spy, she's got Bette Davis eyes
She'll tease you
She'll unease you
Just to please you
She's got Bette Davis eyes
She'll expose you
When she snows you
'Cause she knows you, she's got Bette Davis Eyes
She'll tease you
She said, "I'll throw myself away
They're just photos after all"
I can't make you hang around
I can't wash you off my skin
Outside the frame is what we're leaving out
You won't remember anyway
I can go with the flow
Don't say it doesn't matter (With the flow)
Matter anymore
I can go with the flow (I can go)
Do you believe it in your head?
It's so safe to play along
Little soldiers in a row
Falling in and out of love
Something sweet to throw away
I want something good to die for
To make it beautiful to live
I want a new mistake
Lose is more than hesitate
Do you believe it in your head?
I can go with the flow
Don't say it doesn't matter (With the flow)
Matter anymore
I can go with the flow (I can go)
Do you believe it in your head?
Do you believe it in your head?
Do you believe it in your head?
You see 'em comin' at you every night
Strung on pretension, they fall for you at first sight
You know their business, you think it's a bore
They make you restless, it's nothin' you ain't seen before
Get around town, spend your time on the run
You never let down, say you do it for fun
Never miss a play, though you make quite a few
You give it all away - everybody wants you
You crave attention, you can never say "no"
THROW your affections any way the wind blows
You always make it, you're on top of the scene
You sell the copy like the cover of a magazine
Puttin' on the eyes 'til there's nobody else
You never realize what you do to yourself
The things that they see make the daily reviews
You never get free - everybody wants you
Everybody knows you
Everybody snows you
Everybody leads you, needs you, bleeds you
Nights of confusion and impossible dreams
Days at the mirror, patchin' up around the seams
You got your glory, you paid for it all
You take your pension in loneliness and alcohol
Say goodbye to conventional ways
You can't escape the hours, you lose track of the days
The more you understand, seems the more like you do
You never get away - everybody wants you
only registered users can see external links
Ever seen a blind man cross the road
Trying to make the other side
Ever seen a young girl growing old
Trying to make herself a bride
So what becomes of you my love
When they have finally stripped you of
The handbags and the gladrags
That your poor old Grandad
Had to sweat to buy you
Once I was a young man
And all I thought I had to do was smile
You are still a young girl
And you bought everything in style
So once you think you're in you're out
'cause you don't mean a single thing without
The handbags and the gladrags
That your poor old Grandad
Had to sweat to buy you
Sing a song of six-pence for your sake
And drink a bottle full of rye
Four and twenty blackbirds in a cake
And bake them all in a pie
They told me you missed school today
So what I suggest you just THROW them all away
The handbags and the gladrags
That your poor old Granddad
Had to sweat to buy you
They told me you missed school today
So I suggest you just throw them all away
The handbags and the gladrags
That your poor old Granddad
Had to sweat to buy you
only registered users can see external links
All of my life I've tried so hard
Doing my best with what I had
Nothing much happened all the same
Something about me stood apart
A whisper of hope that seemed to fail
Maybe I'm born right out of my time
Breaking my life in two
Now that I've really got a chance
(THROW me tomorrow, oh, oh-oh)
Everything's falling into place
(THROW me tomorrow, oh, oh-oh)
Seeing my past to let it go
(THROW me tomorrow, oh, oh-oh)
Only for you I don't regret
That I was Thursday's child
(Oh, woah)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday born I was (aah, aah)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday born I was
Sometimes I cried my heart to sleep
Shuffling days and lonesome nights
Sometimes my courage fell to my feet
Lucky old sun is in my sky
Nothing prepared me for your smile
Lighting the darkness of my soul
Innocence in your arms
(Oh-neh don' go, ah-ah, yeah)
Now that I've really got a chance
(THROW me tomorrow, oh-oh)
Everything's falling into place
(THROW me tomorrow, oh, oh-oh)
Seeing my past to let it go
(Yeah, THROW me tomorrow, oh, oh-oh)
Only for you I don't regret
That I was Thursday's child
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday born I was Thursday's Child (aah, aah)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday born I was Thursday's Child (aah, aah)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday born I was (aah, aah)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday born I (aah, aah)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday born I was (ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday born I was (ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah)
I wanted to be with you alone
And talk about the weather
But traditions I can trace
Against the child in your face
Won't escape my attention
You keep your distance with a system of touch
And gentle persuasion
I'm lost in admiration
Could I need you this much?
Oh, you're wasting my time
You're just—, just—, just wasting time
Something happens
And I'm head over heels
I never find out
'Til I'm head over heels
Something happens
And I'm head over heels
Ah, don't take my heart, don't break my heart
Don't—, don't—, don't throw it away
Throw it away
Throw it away
I made a fire, and watching it burn
Yeah, thought of your future
With one foot in the past
Now, just how long will it last?
Now, now, now, have you no ambitions?
(Mm, what's the matter with my)
My mother and my brothers used to breathe in clean air
(Nothing ever changes when you're acting your age)
And dreaming I'm a doctor
(Nothing gets done when you feel like a baby)
It's hard to be a man when there's a gun in your hand
(Nothing ever changes when you're acting your age)
Oh, I feel so
Something happens
And I'm head over heels
I never find out
'Til I'm head over heels
Something happens
And I'm head over heels
Ah, don't take my heart, don't break my heart
Don't—, don't—, don't throw it away
And this is my four-leaf clover
I'm on the line, one open mind
This is my four-leaf clover
La, la, la
In my mind's eye
La, la, la
One little boy, one little man
La, la, la
Funny how time flies
Throw Your Arms Around Me
I will come for you at night time
I will raise you from your sleep
I will kiss you in four places
As I go running along your street
I will squeeze the life out of you
You will make me laugh and make me cry
We will never forget it
You will make me call your name and I'll shout it to the blue summer sky
We may never meet again
So shed your skin and lets get started
And you will throw your arms around me
I dreamed of you at night time
And I watched you in your sleep
I met you in high places
I touched your head and touched your feet
So if you disappear out of view
You know, I will never say goodbye
Though I try to forget it
You will make me call your name and I'll shout it to the blue summer sky
We may never meet again
So shed your skin and lets get started
And you will throw your arms around me
Yeah, you will throw your arms around me
In the evening
When the day is done
I'm looking for a woman
But the girl don't come
So don't let her
Play you for a fool
She don't show no pity, baby
She don't make no rules
Oh, oh, I need your love
I need your love
Oh, I need your love
I just got to have
So don't you let her
Oh, get under your skin
It's only bad luck and trouble
From the day that you begin
I hear you crying in the darkness
Don't ask nobody's help
Ain't no pockets full of mercy, baby
Because you can only blame yourself
Oh, oh, I need your love
I need your love
Oh, I need your love
I got to have
Oh it's simple
All the pain that you go through
You can turn away from fortune, fortune
Because that's all that's left to you
It's lonely at the bottom
Man, it's dizzy at the top
But if you're standing in the middle
Ain't no way you're gonna stop
Oh, oh, I need your love
Oh, oh, I need your love
Oh, oh, I need your love
I got to have
Oh whatever
That your days may bring
No use hiding in a corner
Because that won't change a thing
If you're dancing in the doldrums
One day soon, it's got to stop, it's got to stop
When you're the master of the off-chance
When you don't expect a lot
Oh, oh, I need your love
I need your love
Oh, I need your love
I got to have, I got to have
I got to have your love
I got to have
Babe, I got to have your love
I got to have your love
Just got to
only registered users can see external links
It is the EVENING of the day
I sit and watch the children play
Smiling faces I can see
But not for me
I sit and watch
As tears go by
My riches can't buy everything
I want to hear the children sing
All I hear is the sound
Of rain falling on the ground
I sit and watch
As tears go by
It is the evening of the day
I sit and watch the children play
Doing things I used to do
They think are new
I sit and watch
As tears go by
only registered users can see external links
Half past 12 and I'm watching the late show
In my flat all alone
How I hate to spend the EVENING on my own
Autumn winds blowing outside the window
As I look around the room
And it makes me so depressed to see the gloom
There's not a soul out there
No one to hear my prayer
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away?
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Take me through the darkness to the break of the day
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away?
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Take me through the darkness to the break of the day
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
only registered users can see external links
It's late in the EVENING
She's wondering what clothes to wear
She puts on her make up
And brushes her long blonde hair
And then she asks me
"Do I look alright?"
And I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight"
We go to a party
And everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady
That's walking around with me
And then she asks me
"Do you feel alright?"
And I say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight"
I feel wonderful
Because I see the love light in your eyes
And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realize how much I love you
It's time to go home now
And I've got an aching head
So I give her the car keys
And she helps me to bed
And then I tell her
As I turn out the light
I said, "My darling, you are wonderful tonight"
Oh my darling, you are wonderful tonight
See the curtains hangin' in the window
In the EVENING on a Friday night
A little light a-shinin' through the window
Lets me know everything's all right
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind
See the paper layin' on the sidewalk
A little music from the house next door
So I walk on up to the doorstep
Through the screen and across the floor
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind
Sweet days of summer, the jasmine's in bloom
July is dressed up and playing her tune
And I come home from a hard day's work
And you're waiting there, not a care in the world
See the smile awaitin' in the kitchen
Food cookin' and the plates for two
Feel the arms that reach out to hold me
In the evening, when the day is through
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind
only registered users can see external links
I know you broke up with him
And your heart's still on the shelf
It's been over two years for me
And I'm still not quite myself
You can't be with someone new
And you can't go back to him
You're beginning to realize
That it's sink or swim
I see you around sometimes
And my heart just melts
You're lookin' like if you had your wish
You'd be somewhere else
And it just breaks my heart
To see you here this way
Someday I'll get the nerve
To walk up to you and say
This is the last worthless evening
That you'll have to spend
Just gimme a chance
To show you how to love again
This is the last worthless evening
That you'll have to spend
'Cause I'll be there
When your broken heart is on the mend
Every night it's the same old crowd
In smokey rooms
You catch a faint glimpse of love sometimes
But it never blooms
I've been around this block a time or two
And I've made some big mistakes
But girl I promise you, I promise you
This is the last worthless evening
That you'll have to spend
Just gimme a chance
To show you how to love again
This is the last worthless evening
That you'll have to spend
'Cause it won't be long
'Till your little heart is on the mend
People inside their houses
With the shades pulled down
God knows, we could use some romance
In this sleepy bedroom town
I know you're still afraid to rush into anything
But there're just so many summers
And just so many springs
And this is the last worthless evening
That you'll have to spend, baby
Just gimme a chance, gimme a chance
To show you love again
This is the last worthless evening
That you'll have to spend 'cause it won't be long
'Til your little heart is on the mend
That you'll have to spend
Just gimme a chance to show you how
To love again
This is the last worthless evening
That you'll have to spend 'cause it won't be long
'Til your little heart is on the mend
She's a good girl, loves her mama
Loves Jesus and America too
She's a good girl, who's crazy 'bout Elvis
Loves horses and her boyfriend too
And it's a long day, livin' in Reseda
There's a freeway, runnin' through the yard
And I'm a bad boy, 'cause I don't even miss her
I'm a bad boy for breakin' her heart
And I'm free, free fallin'
Yeah I'm free, free fallin'
All the vampires, walkin' through the valley
Move west down Ventura Boulevard
And all the bad boys are standing in the shadows
And the good girls are home with broken hearts
And I'm free, I'm free fallin'
Yeah I'm free, free fallin'
Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin', I'm-a
Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin', I'm-a
I wanna glide down over Mulholland
I wanna write her name in the sky
I'm gonna free fall out into nothin'
Gonna leave this world for a while
Now I'm free, free fallin'
(Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin', I'm-a
Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin', I'm-a)
Yeah I'm free, free fallin'
(Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin', I'm-a
Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin', I'm-a)
(Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin', I'm-a)
Yeah I'm free, free fallin'
Oh!
(Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin', I'm-a)
Free fallin'
(Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin', I'm-a)
And I'm free, oh, free fallin'
(Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin', I'm-a
Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin', I'm-a
Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin', I'm-a)
I’m warning you, stay in your own lane!
only registered users can see external links
La la la la la la la la la
La la la la la la la la la
There are times in this life of mine
I think that the sun forgot how to shine
But as long as you're always there
It don't bother me 'cause why should I care
When all I've gotta do
Is run to you
EVEN the bad times are good
Soon as I get to you baby
you just gotta hold me
And even the bad times are good,
Even the bad times are good
Soon as I get to you baby
you just gotta kiss me
And even the bad times are good
La la la la la la la la la
La la la la la la la la la
When the day seems to drag along
And all that I do is workin' out wrong
Still I find that I never cry
As long as I know that you're standing by
Then all I've gotta do
Is run to you
Even the bad times are good ..
only registered users can see external links
I got appointments, work I have to do
Keeping me so busy all the day through
They're the things that keep me from thinking of you
Ohhh baby, I miss you so, I know I'm never gonna make it
Oh, I'm so restless, I don't care what I say
And I lose my temper ten times a day
Still it's even worse when the night's on its way
It's bad, oh, so bad
Somehow I'd be doing alright if it wasn't for the nights
(If it wasn't for the nights I think that I could make it)
I'd have courage left to fight if it wasn't for the nights
(If it wasn't for the nights I think that I could take it)
How I fear the time when shadows start to fall
Sitting here alone and staring at the wall
EVEN I could see a light if it wasn't for the nights
(Even I could see a light I think that I could make it)
Somehow I'd be doing alright if it wasn't for the nights
(If it wasn't for the nights I think that I could take it)
No one to turn to, you know how it is
I was not prepared for something like this
Now I see them clearly, the things that I miss
Ohhh baby, I feel so bad, I know I'm never gonna make it
I got my business to help me through the day
People I must write to, bills I must pay
But everything's so different when night's on its way
It's bad, oh, so bad
Somehow I'd be doing alright if it wasn't for the nights
(If it wasn't for the nights I think that I could make it)
I'd have courage left to fight if it wasn't for the nights
(If it wasn't for the nights I think that I could take it)
How I fear the time when shadows start to fall
Sitting here alone and staring at the wall
Even I could see a light if it wasn't for the nights
(Even I could see a light I think that I could make it)
Guess my future would look bright if it wasn't for the nights
(If it wasn't for the nights I think that I could make it)
If it wasn't for the nights
(If it wasn't for the nights I think that I could take it)
if it wasn't for the nights
(If it wasn't for the nights I think that I could make it)
Even I could see a light if it wasn't for the nights
(Even I could see a light I think that I could make it)
Guess my future would look bright if it wasn't for the nights
(If it wasn't for the nights I think that I could take it)
If it wasn't for the nights
(If it wasn't for the nights I think that I could make it)
If it wasn't for the nights
(If it wasn't for the nights I think that I could take it)
Even I could see a light if it wasn't for the nights
(Even I could see a light I think that I could make it)
Guess my future would look bright if it wasn't for the nights
[fade]
only registered users can see external links
Where are those happy days they seem to hard to find?
I try to reach for you. but you have closed my mind
Whatever happened to our love? I wish I understood
It used to be so nice. It used to be so good
So when you're near me, darling, can't you hear me S.O.S.?
The love you gave me. nothing else can save me, S.O.S.
When you're gone, how can I EVEN try to go on?
When you're gone though I try how can I carry on?
You seem so far away though you are standing near
You made me feel alive but something died I fear
I really tried to make it out. I wish I understood
What happened to our love? It used to be so good
So when you're near me, darling, can't you hear me S.O.S.?
The love you gave me. nothing else can save me, S.O.S.
When you're gone, how can I even try to go on?
When you're gone though I try how can I carry on?
When you're gone, how can I even try to go on?
When you're gone though I try how can I carry on?
only registered users can see external links
I am the one who can please you, ain't that what you said?
You seemed so alone, I guess I was easily led
I showed you my love and babe, I guess that it went to your head
When you were hungry I brought you your breakfast in bed
Come on, even it up, even it up, even it up
Come on, even it up, even it up, even it up
Well, a good man pays his debt
But you ain't paid yours yet
Come on and even it
It's time you even it, even it up
Well I took you over the tracks when you wanted some sin
I brought you satin and herbs from the places I been
Well now something tells me, baby you're going to use me again
You think you can lay down the how and the where and the when
You think you can
I tell you, even it up, even it up, even it up, right now
Oh well, even it up, even it up, even it up
I don't want to bum it all
No, but this ax
So she got to fall
Even it, come on, even it, even it up, baby
Even it up, even it up, even it up
Even it up, even it up, even it up
Even it up, even it up, even it up
Even it up, even it up, even it up
Even it up, even it up, even it up
I got the call today, I didn't wanna hear
But I knew that it would come
An old true friend of ours was talkin' on the phone
She said you found someone
And I thought of all the bad luck,
And the struggles we went through
And how I lost me and you lost you
What are these voices outside love's open door
Make us throw off our contentment
And beg for something more?
I'm learning to live without you now
But I miss you sometimes
The more I know, the less I understand
All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again
I've been trying to get down to the Heart of the Matter
But my will gets weak
And my thoughts seem to scatter
But I think it's about forgiveness
Forgiveness
EVEN if, EVEN if you don't love me anymore
These times are so uncertain
There's a yearning undefined
And people filled with rage
We all need a little tenderness
How can love survive in such a graceless age
The trust and self-assurance that lead to happiness
They're the very things we kill, I guess
Pride and competition cannot fill these empty arms
And the work I put between us,
You know it doesn't keep me warm
I'm learning to live without you now
But I miss you, baby
The more I know, the less I understand
All the things I thought I figured out, I have to learn again
I've been trying to get down to the heart of the matter
But everything changes
And my friends seem to scatter
But I think it's about forgiveness
Forgiveness
EVEN if, EVEN if you don't love me anymore
There are people in your life who've come and gone
They let you down, you know they hurt your pride
You better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
You keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside, baby
I've been trying to get down to the Heart of the Matter
But my will gets weak
And my thoughts seem to scatter
But I think it's about forgiveness
Forgiveness
EVEN if, EVEN if you don't love me
I've been trying to get down to the Heart of the Matter
Because the flesh will get weak
And the ashes will scatter
So I'm thinking about forgiveness
Forgiveness
EVEN if, EVEN if you don't love me
Forgiveness
Forgiveness
(Baby)
Forgiveness
Forgiveness
Forgiveness
Forgiveness
EVEN if you don't love me anymore
Forgiveness
Forgiveness
Forgiveness
ForgivenessI
Let me take you to the movie
Can I take you to the show?
Let me be yours ever truly
Can I make your garden grow?
From the houses of the holy
We can watch the white doves go
From the door comes Satan's daughter
And it only goes to show
And you know
There's an angel on my shoulder
In my hand a sword of gold
Let me wander in your garden
And the seeds of love I'll sow
You know
So the world is spinning faster
Are you dizzy when you stall?
Let the music be your master
Will you heed the master's call?
Satan and man
Said there ain't no use in crying
'Cause it will only, only drive you mad
Does it hurt to hear them lying?
Was this the only world you had? Oh, oh
So let me take you, take you to the movie
Can I take you, baby, to the show?
Why don't you let me be yours ever truly?
Can I make your garden grow?
You know that's right
Put your head on my shoulder - Paul Anka
only registered users can see external links
Put your head on my SHOULDER
Hold me in your arms, baby
Squeeze me oh-so-tight
Show me that you love me too
Put your lips next to mine, dear
Won't you kiss me once, baby?
Just a kiss goodnight, maybe
You and I will fall in love (you and I will fall in love)
People say that love's a game
A game you just can't win
If there's a way
I'll find it someday
And then this fool will rush in
Put your head on my shoulder
Whisper in my ear, baby
Words I want to hear, tell me
Tell me that you love me too (tell me that you love me too)
Put your head on my shoulder
Whisper in my ear, baby
Words I want to hear, baby
Put your head on my shoulder
only registered users can see external links
I met a gin-soaked, bar-room queen in Memphis
She tried to take me upstairs for a ride
She had to heave me right across her SHOULDER
'Cause I just can't seem to drink you off my mind
It's the honky tonk women
Gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues
I laid a divorcйe in New York City
I had to put up some kind of a fight
The lady then she covered me with roses
She blew my nose and then she blew my mind
It's the honky tonk women
Gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues
It's the honky tonk women
Gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues
It's the honky tonk women
Gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues
only registered users can see external links
If ever you've got rain in your heart
Someone has hurt you and torn you apart
Am I unwise to open up your eyes to love me?
And let it be like they said it would be
Me loving you, girl, and you loving me
Am I unwise to open up your eyes to love me?
Run to me whenever you're lonely
Run to me if you need a SHOULDER
Now and then, you'll need someone bolder
So darling, you run to me
And when you're out in the cold
No one beside you and no one to hold
Am I unwise to open up your eyes to love me?
When you've got nothing to lose (Nothing)
Nothing to pay for and nothing to choose
Am I unwise to open up your eyes to love me?
Run to me whenever you're lonely
Run to me if you need a shoulder
Now and then, you'll need someone bolder
So darling, you run to me
If ever you've got rain in your heart
Someone has hurt you and torn you apart
And if you're out in the cold
There's no one beside you, no one to hold
You just run to me whenever you're lonely
Run to me if you need a shoulder
Now and then, you'll need someone bolder
So darling, you run to me
So darling
You just run to me whenever you're lonely
Run to me if you need a shoulder
Now and then, you'll need someone bolder
So darling
You just run to me whenever you're lonely
Run to me
Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space
I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' with the wind
And the feelin' that I'm under
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space
Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die
Born to be wild
Born to be wild
Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space
Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die
Born to be wild
Born to be wild
You gave me a mountain - Elvis
only registered users can see external links
Born in the heat of the desert
My mother died giving me life
Deprived of the love of a father
Blamed for the loss of his wife
You know, Lord, I've been in a prison
For something that I never done
It's been one hill after another
I've climbed them all one by one
Ooh, this time, Lord you gave me a mountain
A mountain I may never CLIMB
It isn't a hill any longer
You gave me a mountain this time
My woman got tired of the heartaches
Tired of the grief and the strife
So tired of working for nothing
Just tired of being my wife
She took my one ray of sunshine
She took my pride and my joy
She took my reason for living
She took my small baby boy
Ooh, this time, Lord, you gave me a mountain
A mountain I may never climb
It isn't a hill any longer
You gave me a mountain this time
You gave me a mountain this time
Ooh
only registered users can see external links
Jet! Jet! Jet!
I can almost remember their funny faces
That time you told them that you were going to be marrying soon
And Jet, I thought the only lonely place was on the moon
Jet! Jet! Jet!
Was your father as bold as a Sergeant Major?
Oh, how come he told you that you were hardly old enough yet?
And Jet, I thought the Major was a Lady Suffragette
Jet! Jet!
Ah, mater, want Jet to always love me
Ah, mater, want Jet to always love me
Ah, mater, much later
Jet!
And Jet, I thought the Major was a little Lady Suffragette
Jet! Jet!
Ah, materm want Jet to always love me
Ah, mater, want Jet to always love me
Ah, mater, much later
Jet!
With the wind in your hair of a thousand laces
CLIMB on the back and we'll go for a ride in the sky
And Jet, I thought that the Major was a little Lady Suffragette
Jet! Jet!
And Jet, you know I thought you was a little Lady Suffragette
Jet!
A little lady
My little lady, yes, oh
only registered users can see external links
I can read your mind and I know your story
I see what you're going through, yeah
It's an uphill CLIMB, and I'm feeling sorry
But I know it will come to you, yeah
Don't surrender 'cause you can win
In this thing called "love"
When you want it the most there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is
When you question me for a simple answer
I don't know what to say, no
But it's plain to see, if you stick together
You're gonna find a way, yeah
So don't surrender 'cause you can win
In this thing called "love"
When you want it the most there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is
That's the way it is
When life is empty with no tomorrow
And loneliness starts to call
Baby, don't worry, forget your sorrow
'Cause love's gonna conquer it all, all
When you want it the most there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is
When you want it the most there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is
That's the way it is
(That the way it is)
That's the way it is, babe
(That the way it is)
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is
She stood there bright as the sun on that California coast
He was a Midwestern boy on his own
She looked at him with those soft eyes, so innocent and blue
He knew right then he was too far from home
Oh, he was too far from home
She took his hand and she led him along that golden beach
They watched the waves tumble over the sand
They drove for miles and miles up those twisting, turning roads
Higher and higher and higher they climbed
And those Hollywood nights
In those Hollywood hills
She was looking so right
In her diamonds and frills
Oh those big city nights
In those high rolling hills
Above all the lights
She had all of her skills
He'd headed west 'cause he felt that a change would do him good
See some old friends, good for the soul
She had been born with a face that would let her get her way
He saw that face and he lost all control
Yeah, he had lost all control
Night after night, day after day, it went on and on
Then came that morning he woke up alone
He spent all night staring down at the lights of LA
Wondering if he could ever go home
And those Hollywood nights
In those Hollywood hills
It was looking so right
It was giving him chills
In those big city nights
In those high rolling hills
Above all the lights
With a passion that kills
In those Hollywood nights
In those Hollywood hills
She was looking so right
In her diamonds and frills
Oh those big city nights
In those high rolling hills
Above all the lights
She had all of her skills
Hollywood nights
Hollywood hills
Above all the lights
Hollywood nights
Hollywood nights
Hollywood hills
Above all the lights
Hollywood nights
Oh, Hollywood nights (Hollywood nights)
Hollywood hills (Hollywood hills)
Above all the lights (Above all the lights)
Hollywood nights
Hollywood nights
Hollywood hills
Above all the lights
See me
Feel me
Touch me
Heal me
See me
Feel me
Touch me
Heal me
Listening to you, I get the music
Gazing at you, I get the heat
Following you, I CLIMB the mountain
I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you, I see the millions
On you, I see the glory
From you, I get opinion
From you, I get the story
Listening to you, I get the music
Gazing at you, I get the heat
Following you, I CLIMB the mountain
I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you, I see the millions
On you, I see the glory
From you, I get opinion
From you, I get the story
Race of doom
Race of doom
Is it on
Is it off
Reply
Is it on
Is it off
Reply
Is it on
Is it off
Reply
It's a matter of time
It's a matter of luck
It's a factor of chance
'til I self-destruct
You fire at random
I'm under attack
Strapped in and freewheeling
Flying off the track
I want to be your time bomb (Is it on, is it off, reply)
Let me be your time bomb baby (Is it on, is it off, reply)
I want to be your time bomb (Is it on, is it off, reply)
Please let me be your time bomb baby (Is it on, is it off, reply)
Everywhere there is danger
Absolutely for real
Subliminal feelings
Too strong to conceal
Unscramble your program
My turn to unload
Unbelievably certain
Guaranteed to explode
Race of doom
Race of doom
I want to be your time bomb (Is it on, is it off, reply)
Let me be your time bomb baby (Is it on, is it off, reply)
I want to be your time bomb (Is it on, is it off, reply)
Please let me be your time bomb baby (Is it on, is it off, reply)
Everywhere there is danger
Absolutely for real
Subliminal feelings
Too strong to conceal
Unscramble your program
My turn to unload
Unbelievably certain
Guaranteed to explode
Race of doom
Race of doom
That’s life - Frank Sinatra
only registered users can see external links
That's life (that's life)
That's what all the people say
You're riding high in April, shot down in May
But I know I'm gonna change that tune
When I'm back on top, back on top in June
I said that's life (that's life)
And as funny as it may seem
Some people get their kicks
Stomping on a dream
But I don't let it, let it get me down
'Cause this fine old world, it keeps spinnin' around
I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet
A pawn and a king
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing
Each time I find myself
Flat on my face
I pick myself up and get
Back in the RACE
That's life (that's life)
I tell you, I can't deny it
I thought of quitting, baby
But my heart just ain't gonna buy it
And if I didn't think it was worth one single try
I'd jump right on a big bird and then I'd fly
I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet
A pawn and a king
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing
Each time I find myself layin'
Flat on my face
I just pick myself up and get
Back in the race
That's life (that's life)
That's life and I can't deny it
Many times I thought of cutting out, but my heart won't buy it
But if there's nothing shaking, come this here July
I'm gonna roll myself up
In a big ball and die
My, my
Well, Billy rapped all night about his suicide
How he'd kick it in the head when he was twenty-five
Speed jive, don't want to stay alive
When you're twenty-five
And Wendy's stealing clothes from Marks and Sparks
And Freddy's got spots from ripping off the stars
From his face
Funky little boat RACE
Television man is crazy
Saying we're juvenile deliquent wrecks
Oh, man, I need TV when I got T-Rex
Oh, brother, you've guessed, I'm a dude, dad
All the young dudes (Hey, dudes!)
Carry the news (Where are you?)
Boogaloo dudes (Stand up, come on!)
Carry the news
All the young dudes (I want to hear you!)
Carry the news (I want to see you!)
Boogaloo dudes (And I want to talk to you! All of you!)
Carry the news
Now Lucy looks sweet 'cause he dresses like a queen
But he can kick like a mule, it's a real mean team
But we can love
Oh yes, we can love
And my brother's back at home with his Beatles and his Stones
We never got it off on that revolution stuff
What a drag
Too many snags
Now I've drunk a lot of wine and I'm feeling fine
Got to race some cat to bed
Oh, is there concrete all around or is it in my head?
Yeah, I'm a dude, dad
All the young dudes (Hey, dudes!)
Carry the news (Where are you?)
Boogaloo dudes (Stand up!)
Carry the news
All the young dudes (I want to hear you!)
Carry the news (I want to see you!)
Boogaloo dudes (And I want to relate to you!)
Carry the news
All the young dudes (What dudes?)
Carry the news (Let's hear the news, come on!)
Boogaloo dudes (I want to kick you!)
Carry the news
All the young dudes (Hey, you there, with the glasses!)
Carry the news (I want you!)
Boogaloo dudes (I want you at the front!)
Carry the news (Now you, all his friends!)
All the young dudes (Now you bring him down, 'cause I want him!)
Carry the news
Boogaloo dudes (I want him right here, bring him, come on!)
Carry the news (Bring him, ha ha, here you go!)
All the young dudes (I've wanted to do this for years, ha ha ha!)
Carry the news (There you go!)
Boogaloo dudes (How do you feel?)
Carry the news
only registered users can see external links
We'll drink a drink, a drink
To Lily the Pink, the Pink, the Pink
The saviour of the human RACE
For she invented, medicinal compound
Most efficacious in every case
Mr. Freers had sticky out ears
And it made him awful shy
And so they gave him medicinal compound
And now he's learning how to fly
Robert Tony was known to be bony
He would never eat his meals
And so they gave him medicinal compound
Now they move him round on wheels
We'll drink a drink, a drink
To Lily the Pink, the Pink, the pink
The savior of the human race
For she invented medicinal compound
Most efficacious in every case
Old Ebenezer thought he was Julius Caesar
And so they put him in a home
Where they gave him medicinal compound
And now he's emperor of Rome
Johnny Hammer had a terrible st-st-st-st-stammer
He could hardly s-s-say a word
And so they gave him medicinal compound
Now's he's seen, but never heard
We'll drink a drink, a drink
To Lily the Pink, the Pink, the Pink
The saviour of our human race
For she invented, medicinal compound
Most efficacious in every case
Aunty Milly ran willy-nilly
When her legs they did recede
So they rubbed on medicinal compound
Now they call her Milly Pede
Jennifer Eccles had terrible freckles
And the boys all called her names
But they gave her medicinal compound
Now he joins in all the games
We'll drink a drink, a drink
To Lily the Pink, the Pink, the Pink
The savior of our human race
For she invented, medicinal compound
Most efficacious in every case
Lily the Pink, she turned to drink
She filled up with paraffin inside
And despite her medicinal compound
Sadly pickled Lily died
Up to heaven her soul ascended
All the church bells they did ring
She took with her medicinal compound
Hark the herald angels sing
We'll drink a drink, a drink
To Lily the Pink, the Pink, the Pink
The saviour of our human race
For she invented, medicinal compound
Most efficacious in every case
only registered users can see external links
Go ahead and laugh at me
Try to be the man you want to be.
Baby it's not hard to see what's going on.
Well maybe we should celebrate
Drink champagne.
Why should we wait.
Why don't we ask some friends around.
They can help us play this game we've found.
Hey let's bring everybody down.
Will we ever be ready for what we're heading for.
Here we stand like a couple of fools.
And the RACE is on.
Hand in hand as we break the rules.
And the race is on.
What's the cost to the one who's lost.
When the race goes wrong.
You may say why begin when we both can't win.
But the race goes on.
Hand in hand like a couple of fools
And the race is on.
Well surprise surprise a few more lies.
Or do we simply call them alibis.
This life we lead ain't fooling either one of us:
Oh and while we're having so much fun let's not forget
The lonely ones.
Slowly falling out of love.
This game we play can be so rough
Now maybe we've gone far enough.
But are you sure you know what we're heading for.
Here we stand...
only registered users can see external links
Yeah, baby, come one baby, Oh, oh
I'm a roadrunner baby,
Can't keep up with me, oh, oh
I'm a roadrunning mad,
You can't keep up with me, yeah
Come on and lets have a RACE
And baby, baby you will see
Oh, take my hand baby
Yeah, Yeah, take my hand baby
I want to prove to you,
That I'm a roadrunning man, yeah
I want to tell you something
I'm the fastest in the land
Oh, Come one take my hand baby, yeah
Now listen to me baby
Oh Oh, why don't you move up a bit slowly
Let this man by, let me by
I want to give my love to you
To put some dirt in your eye
Oh, Oh baby, come over baby
Can't keep up with me, oh, oh
I'm a roadrunning man,
You can't keep up with me, ah
Come on and let's have a RACE,
And baby, baby, baby, baby.
Oh, oh yeah, come on baby
Yes, I'm a roadrunning man,
Can't keep up with me
Yeah, come on and lets have a RACE
And baby, baby you will see
Oh, I'll say it one more time now
Oh, oh, bye bye baby
I've got to put you down
Oh yeah, I've got to put you down
I'll see you baby
I'll see you somewhere hanging around, oh
Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face
With stars to fill my dreams
I am a traveler of both time and space
To be where I have been
Sit with elders of the gentle race
This world has seldom seen
Talk of days for which they sit and wait
All will be revealed
Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace
Whose sounds caress my ear
But not a word I heard could I relate
The story was quite clear
Oh, oh
Oh, oh
Ooh, baby, I been flying
No yeah, mama, there ain't no denying
Oh, ooh, yeah I've been flying
Mama, mama, ain't no denying, no denying
Oh, all I see turns to brown
As the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand
As I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find, where I've been
Oh, pilot of the storm who leaves no trace
Like thoughts inside a dream
Here is the path that led me to that place
Yellow desert stream
My Shangri-La beneath the summer moon
I will return again
Sure as the dust that floats high in June
When moving through Kashmir
Oh, father of the four winds, fill my sails
Across the sea of years
With no provision but an open face
Along the straits of fear
Oh, oh
Oh, oh
Ooh
Oh, when I'm on, when I'm on my way, yeah
When I see, when I see the way, you stay-yeah
Ooh, yeah-yeah, ooh, yeah-yeah, when I'm down
Ooh, yeah-yeah, ooh, yeah-yeah, but I'm down, so down
Ooh, my baby, ooh, my baby, let me take you there
Oh come on, oh, let me take you there... let me take you there
Ooh, yeah-yeah, ooh, yeah-yeah, let me take you there... let me take you there
Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care
Leave, but don't leave me
Look around
Choose your own ground
Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be
Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down
It's time to dig another one
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave
only registered users can see external links
Think of you with pipe and slippers,
think of her in bed.
Laying there just watching telly,
then think of me instead.
I'll never grow so old and flabby,
that could never be.
Don't marry her, fuck me
And your love light shines like cardboard,
but your work shoes are glistening.
She's a Ph. D in 'I told you so',
you've a knighthood in 'I'm not listening'.
She'll grab your sweaty bollockes,
then slowly raise her knee.
Don't marry her, fuck me
And the SUNDAY sun shines down on San Francisco bay,
and you realise you can't make it anyway.
You have to wash the car,
take the kiddies to the park.
Don't marry her, fuck me
Those lovely Sunday mornings,
with breakfast brougt in bed.
those blackbirds look like knitting needles,
trying to peck your head.
those birds will peck your soul out,
and throw away the key.
Don't marry her, fuck me
And the kitchen's always tidy,
and the bathroom is always clean.
She's a diploma in 'just hiding things',
you've a first in 'low esteem'.
When your socks smlll of angels,
but your life smells of Brie.
Don't marry her, fuck me.
And the Sunday sun shines down on San Francisco bay,
and you realise you can't make it anyway.
You have to wash the car,
take the kiddies to the park.
Don't marry her, have me.
And the Sunday sun shines down on San Francisco bay,
and you realise you can't make it anyway.
You have to wash the car,
take the kiddies to the park.
Don't marry her, fuck me
only registered users can see external links
Verse 1]
Six o'clock already, I was just in the middle of a dream
I was kissin' Valentino by a crystal blue Italian stream
But I can't be late, 'cause then I guess I just won't get paid
These are the days when you wish your bed was already made
[Chorus]
It's just another manic MONDAY (Ooh-oh)
Wish it were Sunday (Ooh-oh)
'Cause that's my fun day (Ooh-oh)
My I-don't-have-to-run day (Ooh)
It's just another manic Monday
[Verse 2]
Have to catch an early train, got to be to work by nine
And if I had an aeroplane, I still couldn't make it on time
'Cause it takes me so long just to figure out what I'm gonna wear
Blame it on the train, but the boss is already there
[Chorus]
It's just another manic Monday (Ooh-oh)
Wish it were Sunday (Ooh-oh)
'Cause that's my fun day (Ooh-oh)
My I-don't-have-to-run day (Ooh)
It's just another manic Monday
[Bridge]
Of all of my nights, why did my lover have to pick
Last night to get down? (Last night, last night)
Doesn't it matter that I have to feed the both of us?
Employment's down
He tells me in his bedroom voice
"C'mon, honey, let's go make some noise" (I can't resist)
Time, it goes so fast (When you're having fun)
[Chorus]
It's just another manic Monday (Ooh-oh)
Wish it were Sunday (Ooh-oh)
'Cause that's my fun day (Ooh-oh)
My I-don't-have-to-run day (Ooh)
It's just another manic Monday (Ooh-oh)
Wish it were Sunday (Ooh-oh)
'Cause that's my fun day (Ooh-oh)
It's just another manic Monday
I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday I'm in love
Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart
Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday I'm in love
Saturday wait
And Sunday always comes too late
But Friday never hesitate...
I don't care if Monday's black
Tuesday, Wednesday heart attack
Thursday never looking back
It's Friday I'm in love
Monday you can hold your head
Tuesday, Wednesday stay in bed
Or Thursday watch the walls instead
It's Friday I'm in love
Saturday wait
And Sunday always comes too late
But Friday never hesitate...
Dressed up to the eyes
It's a wonderful surprise
To see your shoes and your spirits rise
Throwing out your frown
And just smiling at the sound
And as sleek as a shriek
Spinning round and round
Always take a big bite
It's such a gorgeous sight
To see you eat in the middle of the night
You can never get enough
Enough of this stuff
It's Friday
I'm in love
I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love
Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart
Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday I'm in love
only registered users can see external links
Oh, you can kiss me on a MONDAY
A Monday, a Monday is very, very good
Or you can kiss me on a Tuesday
A Tuesday, a Tuesday, in fact I wish you would
Or you can kiss me on a Wednesday
A Thursday, a Friday and Saturday is best
But never, never on a Sunday
A Sunday, a Sunday, 'cause that's my day of rest
Most any day you can be my guest
Any day you say, but my day of rest
Just name the day that you like the best
Only stay away on my day of rest
Oh, you can kiss me on a cool day, a hot day
A wet day, which everyone you choose
Or try to kiss me on a gray day, a May day
A pay day, and see if I refuse
And if you make it on a bleak day
A freak day, a week day, why you can be my guest
But never, never on a Sunday
only registered users can see external links
Hey, you guys ready?
1, 2, 3
1, 2, 3
Train roll on
On down the line, won't you
Please take me far, far away?
Now I feel the wind blow
Outside my door and
I'm leaving my woman at home (my baby's gone)
Tuesday's gone with the wind
My baby's gone, gone with the wind
Long gone
And I don't know
Where I'm going
I just want to be left alone
When this train ends
I'll try again
I'm leaving my woman at home
My baby's gone
Tuesday's gone with the wind
Tuesday's gone with the wind
Tuesday's gone, gone with the wind
My baby's gone with the wind
Train roll on (jump on)
Tuesday's gone with the wind
Tuesday's gone with the wind
Tuesday's gone, gone with the wind
My baby's gone with the wind
Train rolls on
Train roll on
Many miles from my home, see, I'm
I'm riding my blues babe, blues away
Well Tuesday, you see
She had to be free
But somehow I've got to, to carry on (my baby's gone)
Tuesday's gone with the wind
Tuesday's gone, long gone with the wind (Tuesday's gone)
Tuesday's gone with the wind
My baby's gone with the wind
Train rolls on
Train roll on
Ride on, train
Ride on, train
Ride on, train
Train, ride, train, ride on
Train rolls on
The train it rolls on
Train roll on
Train roll on
Lord, I can't change (I can't change)
Lord, I can't change (I can't change)
Lord, I can't change
Lord, I can't change
Train roll on
Ride on train
I can't change
Train roll on
Ride on, train
Lord, I can't change, no
I can't change
only registered users can see external links
I'm saying all the things that I know you'll like
Making good conversation
I gotta handle you just right
You know what I mean
I took you to an intimate restaurant
Then to a suggestive movie
There's nothing left to talk about
Unless it's horizontally
Let's get physical, physical
I wanna get physical
Let's get into physical
Let me hear your body talk, your body talk
Let me hear your BODY talk
Let's get physical, physical
I wanna get physical
Let's get into physical
Let me hear your body talk, your body talk
Let me hear your body talk
I've been patient, I've been good
Tried to keep my hands on the table
It's gettin' hard, this holdin' back
You know what I mean
I'm sure you'll understand my point of view
We know each other mentally
You gotta know that you're bringin' out
The animal in me
Let's get physical, physical
I wanna get physical
Let's get into physical
Let me hear your body talk, your body talk
Let me hear your body talk
Let's get physical, physical
I wanna get physical
Let's get into physical
Let me hear your body talk, your body talk
Let me hear your body talk, ah
Oh, let's get physical, physical
I wanna get physical
Let's get into physical
Let me hear your body talk, your body talk
Let me hear your body talk
Let's get animal, animal
I wanna get animal
Let's get into animal
Let me hear your body talk, your body talk
Let me hear your body talk, ah-ah
Let me hear your body talk (Your body talk)
Let me hear your body talk
only registered users can see external links
When your BODY's had enough of me
And I'm layin' flat out on the floor
When you think I've loved you all I can
I'm gonna love you a little bit more
Come on over here and lay by my side
I've got to be touchin' you
Let me rub your tired shoulders
The way I used to do
Look into my eyes and give me that smile
The one that always turns me on
And let me take your hair down
'Cause we're stayin' up to greet the sun
And when your body's had enough of me
And I'm layin' flat out on the floor
When you think I've loved you all I can
I'm gonna love you a little bit more
Got to say a few things that have been on my mind
And you know where my mind has been
I guess I learned my lessons
And now's the time to begin
So if you're feelin' alright and you're ready for me
I know that I'm ready for you
We better get it on now
'Cause we got a whole life to live through
And when your body's had enough of me
And I'm layin' flat on the floor
When you think I've loved you all I can
I'm gonna love you a little bit more
And when your body's had enough of me
And I'm layin' flat out on the floor
When you think I've loved you all I can
'Cause he gets up in the morning
And he goes to work at nine
And he comes back home at five-thirty
Gets the same train every time
'Cause his world is built 'round punctuality
It never fails
And he's—oh—so good
And he's—oh—so fine
And he's—oh—so healthy
In his BODY and his mind
He's a well-respected man about town
Doing the best things so conservatively
And his mother goes to meetings
While his father pulls the maid
And she stirs the tea with councilors
While discussing foreign trade
And she passes looks, as well as bills
At every suave young man
'Cause he's—oh—so good
And he's—oh—so fine
And he's—oh—so healthy
In his BODY and his mind
He's a well-respected man about town
Doing the best things so conservatively
And he likes his own backyard
And he likes his fags the best
'Cause he's better than the rest
And his own sweat smells the best
And he hopes to grab his father's loot
When pater passes on
'Cause he's—oh—so good
And he's—oh—so fine
And he's—oh—so healthy
In his BODY and his mind
He's a well-respected man about town
Doing the best things so conservatively
And he plays at stocks and shares
And he goes to the regatta
And he adores the girl next door
'Cause he's dying to get at her
But his mother knows the best about
The matrimonial stakes
'Cause he's—oh—so good
And he's—oh—so fine
And he's—oh—so healthy
In his BODY and his mind
He's a well-respected man about town
Doing the best things so conservatively
only registered users can see external links
See the girl with cymbals on her fingers
Entering through the door
Ruby glistening from her navel
Shimmering around the floor
Bells on feet go ting a-ling a-linging
Going through my head
Sweat is falling just-a-like-a tear drops
Running from her head
Now she's dancing, going through the movements
Swaying to and fro
BODY moving, bringing back a memory
Thoughts of long ago
Blood is rushing, temperature is rising
Sweating from my brow
Like a snake, her body fascinates me
I can't look away now
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
Now, she's moving all around the tables
Luring all in sight
But I know that she cannot see me
Hidden by the light
Closer, closer, she is getting nearer
Soon she'll be in reach
As I enter into a spotlight
She stands lost for speech
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
Now I hold her, people are staring
Don't know what to think
And we struggle knocking over tables
Spilling all the drinks
Can't they understand that I want her?
Happens every week
Heavy hand upon my collar
Throws me in the street
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerer of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to Mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds...
Oh Lord yeah!
Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor
Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'till their judgment day comes, yeah!
Now in darkness, world stops turning
Ashes where the bodies burning
No more war pigs have the power
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of Judgment, God is calling
On their knees the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings...
Oh Lord, yeah!
only registered users can see external links
Half past twelve
And I'm watching the late show in my flat all alone
How I hate to spend the evening on my own
Autumn winds
Blowing outside the window as I look around the room
And it makes me so depressed to see the gloom
There's not a soul out there
No one to hear my prayer
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Won't somebody help me CHASE the shadows away?
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Take me through the darkness to the break of the day
Movie stars
Find the end of the rainbow, with a fortune to win
It's so different from the world I'm living in
Tired of T.V.
I open the window and I gaze into the night
But there's nothing there to see, no one in sight
There's not a soul out there
No one to hear my prayer
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away?
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Take me through the darkness to the break of the day
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight...
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight...
There's not a soul out there
No one to hear my prayer
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away?
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Take me through the darkness to the break of the day
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away?
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Take me through the darkness to the break of the day
only registered users can see external links
Verse 1]
You might wake up some mornin'
To the sound of something moving past your window in the wind
And if you're quick enough to rise
You'll catch the fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow
Out on the new horizon
You may see the floating motion of a distant pair of wings
And if the sleep has left your ears
You might hear footsteps running through an open meadow
[Chorus]
Don't be concerned, it will not harm you
It's only me pursuing somethin' I'm not sure of
Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I CHASE the bright elusive butterfly of love
[Verse 2]
You might have heard my footsteps
Echo softly in the distance through the canyons of your mind
I might have even called your name
As I ran searching after something to believe in
You might have seen me runnin'
Through the long-abandoned ruins of the dreams you left behind
If you remember something there
That glided past you followed close by heavy breathin'
[Chorus]
Don't be concerned, it will not harm you
It's only me pursuing somethin' I'm not sure of
Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love
[Instrumental Break]
[Outro]
Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love
Get the idea
Cross around the track
Underneath the flank
Of a thoroughbred racing chaser
Get the feel
As the rhythm flows
Would you like to go
And shoot the mountain masses?
And here you stand no taller than the grass seas
And should you really chase so hard
The truth of sport plays rings around you
Going for the one
Going for the one
Get in the way
Of the tons of water
Racing wind
Passing through the rudders
Once at the start
Can you gamble that
You really surely
Really mean to finish
After seeing all your sense of fear diminish
As you treat danger as pure connection
As you throw away misconceptions
Going for the one
Going for the one
Going for-ward to
Listen in time
Taken so high
To touch, to move
Listen to life
Touching, touch time
Travel, twilight
Taken so high
Roundabout, sounding out
Love me so
Now the verses I've sang
Don't add much weight
To the story in my head
So I'm thinking I should go and write a punchline
But they're so hard to find
In my cosmic mind
So I think I'll take
A look out of the window
When I think about you
I don't feel low
Should I really chase so hard?
The truth of sport plays rings around you
Going for the one
Going for the one
Going for-ward to
Listen in time
Taken so high
To touch, to move
Listen to life
Touching, touch time
Travel, twilight
Taken so high
Taking your time
Turn on to love
Turnstile to one
Tender timing
Rocking, rolling
Listen in time
Taken so high
To touch, to move
Listen to life
Touching, touch time
Travel, twilight
Taken so high
Taking your time
Turn on to love
Turnstile to one
Tender timing
Rocking, rolling
Turn on to love
Turnstile to one
Tender timing
Rocking, rolling
Moments decide
Moments delight
Moments invite
Talk about sending love
Love
Love
Love
Love
only registered users can see external links
Here I stand
Look around, around
Around, around, around
But you won't see me
Now I'm here (now I'm here)
Now I'm there (now I'm there)
I'm just a, just a new man
Yes, you made me live again
A baby I was when you took my hand
And the light of the night burned bright
And the people all stared
Didn't understand
But you knew my name on sight
Whatever came of you and me
America's new bride to be
Ooh, don't worry, baby
I'm safe and sound
Down in the dungeon just Peaches and me
Don't I love her so?
Yeah, she made me live again
Yeah
A thin moon me in a smoke-screen sky
Where the beams of your love-light CHASE
Don't move, don't speak, don't feel no pain
With the rain running down my face
Your matches still light up the sky
And many a tear lives on in my eye
Down in the city just Hoople and me
Don't I love him so?
Ooh, don't I love him so?
Whatever comes of you and me
I'd love to leave my memory with you
Now I'm here (now I'm here)
Think I'll stay around, around (think I'll stay around, around)
Around, around, around, around (around, around, around, around)
Down in the city just as you and me (down in the city just as you and me)
Don't I love you so
Go, go, go, little queenie!
only registered users can see external links
2nd floor. Hardware, children's wear, lady's lingerie
Oh, good morning Mr. Tyler. Going down?
Hehehehehe, ooh
Yeah!
Workin' like a dog for the boss man (Whoa)
Workin' for the company (Whoa, yeah)
Bettin' on the dice I'm tossin' (Whoa)
I'm gonna have a fantasy (Whoa, yeah)
But where am I gonna look?
They tell me that love is blind
I really need a girl like an open book
To read between the lines
Love in an elevator
Livin' it up when I'm goin' down
Love in an elevator
Lovin' it up 'til I hit the ground
Jackie's in the elevator (Whoa)
Lingerie second floor (Whoa, yeah)
She said, "Can I see you later" (Whoa)
"And love you just a little more?" (Whoa, yeah)
I kinda hope we get stuck
Nobody gets out alive
She said, "I'll show you how to fax in the mail room, honey
And have you home by five"
Love in an elevator
Livin' it up when I'm goin' down
Love in an elevator
Lovin' it up 'til I hit the ground
In the air, in the air
Honey, one more time now, it ain't fair
Love in an elevator
Lovin' it up when I'm goin' down
Love in an
Elevator
Going down
(Haha-haha-haha-haha)
Love in an elevator
Lovin' it up when I'm goin' down
Love in an elevator
Livin' it up when I hit the ground
Gonna be a penthouse pauper (Whoa)
Gonna be a millionaire (Whoa, yeah)
I'm gonna be a real fast talker (Whoa)
And have me a love affair (Whoa, yeah)
Gotta get my timing right (Whoa)
It's a test that I gotta pass (Whoa, yeah)
I'll CHASE you all the way to the stairway, honey (Whoa)
Kiss your sassafras
Love in an elevator
Lovin' it up when I'm goin' down
Love in an elevator
Livin' it up 'til we hit the ground
Will you care? Will you care?
Honey, one more time now, it ain't fair
Love in an elevator
Livin' it up when I'm goin' down
Will you care? Will you care?
Honey, one more time now, it ain't fair
Love in an elevator
Livin' it up when I'm goin' down
In the air, in the air
Honey, one more, one more, one more, one more
Love in an elevator
Livin' it up when I'm goin' down
In the air, in the air
Honey, one more, one more, one more, yeah!
Love in an elevator
Livin' it up when I'm goin' down
In the air, in the air
Honey, one more, one more, one more, yeah!
Love in an elevator
Love in an elevator
Livin' it up when I'm goin' down
In the air, in the air
In the air, in the air
Love in an elevator
Livin' it up when I'm goin' down
only registered users can see external links
I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it's cold outside I've got the MONTH of May
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl)
I've got so much honey the bees envy me
I've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl)
Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey
Ooh
I don't need no money, fortune, or fame
I've got all the riches baby one man can claim
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl)
I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
With my girl
I've even got the month of May
With my girl
We are never ever getting back together - Taylor Swift
only registered users can see external links
I remember when we broke up the first time
Saying, "This is it, I've had enough," 'cause like
We hadn't seen each other in a MONTH
When you said you needed space. (What?)
Then you come around again and say
"Baby, I miss you and I swear I'm gonna change, trust me."
Remember how that lasted for a day?
I say, "I hate you," we break up, you call me, "I love you."
Ooh, we called it off again last night
But ooh, this time I'm telling you, I'm telling you
We are never ever ever getting back together
We are never ever ever getting back together
You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together
Like, ever
I'm really gonna miss you picking fights
And me falling for it screaming that I'm right
And you would hide away and find your peace of mind
With some indie record that's much cooler than mine
Ooh, you called me up again tonight
But ooh, this time I'm telling you, I'm telling you
We are never, ever, ever getting back together
We are never, ever, ever getting back together
You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me (talk to me)
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together
Ooh, yeah, ooh yeah, ooh yeah
Oh oh oh
I used to think that we were forever ever
And I used to say, "Never say never..."
Uggg... so he calls me up and he's like, "I still love you,"
And I'm like... "I just... I mean this is exhausting, you know, like
We are never getting back together. Like, ever"
No!
We are never ever ever getting back together
We are never ever ever getting back together
You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together
We, ooh, getting back together, ohhh
We, ooh, getting back together
You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me (talk to me)
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together
I feel the earth move under my feet
I feel the sky tumbling down, tumbling down
I feel my heart start to trembling
Whenever you're around
Ooh, baby, when I see your face
Mellow as the month of May
Oh, darling, I can't stand it
When you look at me that way
I feel the earth move under my feet
I feel the sky tumbling down, tumbling down
I feel my heart start to trembling
Whenever you're around
Oh, darling, when you're near me
And you tenderly call my name
I know that my emotions
Are something I just can't tame
I've just got to have you, baby
I feel the earth move under my feet
I feel the sky tumbling down, tumbling down
I feel the earth move under my feet
I feel the sky tumbling down
I just lose control
Down to my very soul
I get a hot and cold all over
I feel the earth move under my feet
I feel the sky tumbling down,
Tumbling down, tumbling down...
only registered users can see external links
I remember to this day, the bright red Georgia clay
How it stuck to the tires after the summer rain
Will power made that old car go, a woman's mind told me that it's so
Oh, how I wish we were back on the road again
Me and you and a dog named Boo
Travellin' and livin' off the land
Me and you and a dog named Boo
How I love bein' a free man
I can still recall the wheat fields of St. Paul
And the mornin' we got caught robbin' from an old hen
Old Mac Donald, he made us work
But then he paid us for what it was worth
Another tank of gas and back on the road again
Me and you and a dog named Boo
Travellin' and livin' off the land
Me and you and a dog named Boo
How I love bein' a free man
I'll never forget that day we motored stately into big L.A.
The lights of the city put settlin' down in my brain
Though it's only been a MONTH or so, that old car's buggin' us to go
You gotta get away and get back on the road again
Me and you and a dog named Boo
Travellin' and livin' off the land
Me and you and a dog named Boo
How I love bein' a free man
Me and you and a dog named Boo
Travellin' and livin' off the land
Me and you and a dog named Boo
How I love bein' a free man
Me and you and a dog named Boo
Travellin' and livin' off the land
Survivor
Survivor
One more goddamn day when I know what I want
And my want will be considered tonight, consider tonight
Just another day when all that I want will mark me as a sinner tonight, I'm a sinner tonight, yeah
People can no longer cover their eyes
If this disturbs you, then walk away
You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of ten thousand fists in the air
Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight, deliver tonight
Pleasure fused with pain
This triumph of the soul will make you shiver tonight, we'll make you shiver tonight, yeah
People can no longer cover their eyes
If this disturbs you, then walk away
You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of ten thousand fists in the air
We are the ones that will open your mind
Leave the weak and the haunted behind
We are the ones that will open your mind
Leave the weak and the haunted behind
We are the ones that will open your mind
Leave the weak and the haunted behind
We are the ones that will open your mind
Leave the weak and the haunted behind
People can no longer cover their eyes
If this disturbs you, then walk away
You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of ten thousand fists in the air
Ten thousand fists in the air
Ten thousand fists in the air
only registered users can see external links
Ten THOUSAND miles even though I roam
I can hear the call of the hills of home
The canyons high and the valleys low
Echo "how can you stay away"
My dreams are there where the eagle flies
Where the mountain tops seem to touch the sky
The winding streams and the winds that blow
Ask me "how can you stay away"
Far too long have I stayed apart
From this land that I love and divide my heart
Now, now I know I must go
Where the hills say "don't stay away"
Where the hills say "don't stay away"
only registered users can see external links
I learned the truth at SEVENTEEN
That love was meant for beauty queens
And high school girls with clear skinned smiles
Who married young and then retired
The valentines I never knew
The Friday night charades of youth
Were spent on one more beautiful
At seventeen I learned the truth
And those of us with ravaged faces
Lacking in the social graces
Desperately remained at home
Inventing lovers on the phone
Who called to say come dance with me
And murmured vague obscenities
It isn't all it seems
At seventeen
A brown eyed girl in hand me downs
Whose name I never could pronounce
Said, "Pity please the ones who serve,
They only get what they deserve"
The rich relationed hometown queen
Marries into what she needs
With a guarantee of company
And haven for the elderly
Remember those who win the game
Lose the love they sought to gain
In debentures of quality
And dubious integrity
Their small town eyes will gape at you
In dull surprise when payment due
Exceeds accounts received
At seventeen
To those of us who know the pain
Of valentines that never came
And those whose names were never called
When choosing sides for basketball
It was long ago and far away
The world was younger than today
And dreams were all they gave for free
To ugly duckling girls like me
We all play the game and when we dare
To cheat ourselves at solitaire
Inventing lovers on the phone
Repenting other lives unknown
That call and say, come dance with me
And murmur vague obscenities
At ugly girls like me
At seventeen
only registered users can see external links
… Sally called, when she got the word
She said, "I suppose you've heard"
"About Alice"
… Well, I rushed to the window, and I looked outside
And I could hardly believe my eyes
As a big limousine rolled up
Into Alice's drive
… Oh, I don't know why she's leaving, or where she's gonna go
I guess she's got her reasons, but I just don't want to know
'Cause for TWENTY FOUR years I've been living next door to Alice
Twenty four years, just waitin' for a chance
To tell her how I'm feeling, maybe get a second glance
Now I've gotta get used to not living next door to Alice
… We grew up together, two kids in the park
Carved our initials deep in the bark
Me and Alice
Now she walks to the door, with her head held high
Just for a moment, I caught her eye
As the big limousine pulled slowly
Out of Alice's drive
… Oh, I don't know why she's leaving, or where she's gonna go
I guess she's got her reasons, but I just don't want to know
'Cause for twenty four years I've been living next door to Alice
Twenty four years, just waitin' for a chance
To tell her how I'm feeling, maybe get a second glance
Now I've gotta get used to not living next door to Alice
… Then Sally called back, and asked how I felt
She said, "I know how to help"
"Get over Alice"
She said, "Now Alice is gone, but I'm still here"
"You know I've been waiting twenty four years"
And the big limousine disappeared
… I don't know why she's leaving, or where she's gonna go
I guess she's got her reasons, but I just don't want to know
'Cause for twenty four years I've been living next door to Alice
Twenty four years, just waitin' for a chance
To tell her how I'm feeling, maybe get a second glance
But I'll never get used to not living next door to Alice
No, I'll never get used to not living next door to Alice
Heart beats fast
Colours and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer
I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid
I have loved you for a THOUSAND years
I'll love you for a THOUSAND more
Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this
One step closer
I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid
I have loved you for a THOUSAND years
I'll love you for a THOUSAND more
And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a THOUSAND years
I'll love you for a THOUSAND more
One step closer
One step closer
I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid
I have loved you for a THOUSAND years
I'll love you for a THOUSAND more
And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a THOUSAND years
I'll love you for a THOUSAND more
Someday they won't let you, now you must agree
The times they are a-telling and the changing isn't free
You've read it in the tea leaves, and the tracks are on TV
Beware the savage jaw of 1984
They'll split your pretty cranium, and fill it full of air
And tell that you're eighty, but brother, you won't care
You'll be shooting up on anything, tomorrow's never there
Beware the savage jaw of 1984
Come see, come see, remember me?
We played out an all night movie role
You said it would last, but I guess we enrolled
In 1984 (who could ask for more)
1984 (who could ask for mor-or-or-or-ore)
(Mor-or-or-or-ore)
I'm looking for a vehicle, I'm looking for a ride
I'm looking for a party, I'm looking for a side
I'm looking for the treason that I knew in '65
Beware the savage jaw of 1984
Come see, come see, remember me?
We played out an all night movie role
You said it would last, but I guess we enrolled
In 1984 (who could ask for more)
1984 (who could ask for mor-or-or-or-ore)
(Mor-or-or-or-ore)
1984
1984
1984
1984
1984
1984
If I had a MILLION dollars
(If I had a MILLION dollars)
I'd buy you a house
(I would buy you a house)
If I had a MILLION dollars
(If I had a MILLION dollars)
I'd buy you furniture for your house
(Maybe a nice chesterfield or ottoman)
If I had a MILLION dollars
(If I had a MILLION dollars)
I'd buy you a K-Car
(A nice reliant automobile)
If I had a million dollars, I'd buy your love
If I had a million dollars
(I'd build a tree-fort in our yard)
If I had a million dollars
(You could help, it wouldn't be that hard)
If I had a million dollars
(Maybe we could put a fridge in there somewhere)
We could go up there whenever we wanted to
(We could have something to eat maybe)
If I had a million dollars
(If I had a million dollars)
I'd buy you a fur a coat
(But not a real fur coat, that's cruel)
If I had a million dollars
(If I had a million dollars)
I'd buy you an exotic pet
(Like a llama or an emu)
If I had a million dollars
(If I had a million dollars)
I'd buy you John Merrick's remains
(All them crazy bones)
If I had a million dollars, I'd buy your love
If I had a million dollars
(We wouldn't have to walk to the store)
If I had a million dollars
(We'd take a limousine 'cause it costs more)
If I had a million dollars
(We wouldn't have to eat Kraft dinner)
But we would, it's tasty stuff
(Of course we would, it's a very tasty treat for the whole family)
If I had a million dollars
(If I had a million dollars)
I'd buy you a green dress
(With a tastefully round neck)
If I had a million dollars
(If I had a million dollars)
I'd buy you some art
(A Picasso or a Garfunkel)
If I had a million dollars
(If I had a million dollars)
I'd buy you a monkey
(Haven't you always wanted a monkey?)
If I had a million dollars, I'd buy your love
If I had a million dollars
(If I had a million dollars)
If I had a million dollars
(If I had a million dollars)
If I had a million dollars
I'd be rich
Fire it up man!
Jerry was a race car driver
He drove so god-damned fast
Never did win no checkered flag
But he never did come in last
Jerry was a race car driver
He'd say "El Sob number one"
With a Bocephus sticker
On his 442 he'd light 'em up
Just for fun
Captain Pierce was a fireman
Richmond engine #3
I'll be a wealthy man when I get a dime
For all the things that man had taught to me
Captain Pierce was a strong man
Strong as any man alive
Stuck in his craw
That made him retire
At the age of 65
Go!
Dog will hunt!
Jerry was a race car driver
22 years old
One too many cold beers one night
And wrapped himself around a telephone pole
only registered users can see external links
The problem is all inside your head, he said to me
The answer is easy
If you take it logically
I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free
There must be fifty ways to leave your lover
He said it's really not my habit to intrude
Furthermore, I hope my meaning
Won't be lost or misconstrued
I'll repeat myself
At the risk of being crude
There must be fifty ways to leave your lover
Fifty ways to leave your lover
You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
Not need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
Not need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free
Slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
Not need to be coy, Roy
Just listen to me
Hop on the bus, Gus
Don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free
He said it grieves me so to see you in such pain
I wish there was something I could do
To help you smile again
I said I appreciate that
And would you please explain
About the fifty ways...
He said why don't we both
Just sleep on it tonight
And I believe that in the morning
You'll begin to see the light
And then he kissed me
And I realized he probably was right
There must be fifty ways to leave your lover
Fifty ways to leave your lover
You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
Don't need to be coy, Roy
Just listen to me
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free
Just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
Not need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
Is not need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free
Travelling in a fried-out Kombi
On a hippie trail, head full of zombie
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said:
"Do you come from a land down under
Where women glow and men plunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder
You better run, you better take cover."
Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscle
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich
And he said:
"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder
You better run, you better take cover." (yeah)
Lying in a den in Bombay
With a slack jaw, and not much to say
I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me?
Because I come from the land of plenty."
And he said:
"Oh! Do you come from a land down under (oh yeah yeah)
Where women glow and men plunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder
You better run, you better take cover."
--------------------------------------- added after 22 hours
In case anyone was wondering, a Kombi is a VW Microbus, Vegemite is a yeast extract spread eaten with bread that tastes like pure salt, and to chunder is to vomit.
only registered users can see external links
Perhaps love is like a resting place
A shelter from the storm
It exists to give you comfort
It is there to keep you warm
And in those times of trouble
When you are most alone
The memory of love will bring you home
Perhaps love is like a window
Perhaps an open door
It invites you to come closer
It wants to show you more
And even if you lose yourself
And don't know what to do
The memory of love will see you through
Oh, love to some is like a cloud
To some as strong as steel
For some a way of living
For some a way to feel
And some say love is holding on
And some say letting go
And some say love is everything
And some say they don't know
Perhaps love is like the ocean
Full of conflict, FULL of pain
Like a fire when it's cold outside
Or thunder when it rains
If I should live forever
And all my dreams come true
My memories of love will be of you
And some say love is holding on
And some say letting go
And some say love is everything
And some say they don't know
Perhaps love is like the ocean
Full of conflict, full of pain
Like a fire when it's cold outside
Or thunder when it rains
If I should live forever
And all my dreams come true
My memories of love will be of you
only registered users can see external links
She's electric
She's in a family FULL of eccentrics
She's done things I never expected
And I need more time
She's got a sister
And God only knows how I've missed her
And on the palm of her hand is a blister
And I need more time
And I want you to know
I've got my mind made up now (made up now)
But I need more time
And I want you to say
Do you know what I'm saying? (What I'm saying)
But I need more
'Cause I'll be you and you'll be me
There's lots and lots for us to see
There's lots and lots for us to do
She is electric, can I be electric too?
She's got a brother (a brother)
We don't get on with one another
But I quite fancy her mother
And I think that she likes me
She's got a cousin (a cousin)
In fact, she's got 'bout a dozen (a dozen)
She's got one in the oven (oven)
But it's nothing to do with me
And I want you to know
I've got my mind made up now (made up now)
But I need more time
And I want you to say
Do you know what I'm saying? (What I'm saying)
But I need more
'Cause I'll be you and you'll be me
There's lots and lots for us to see
There's lots and lots for us to do
She is electric, can I be electric too?
Can I be electric too?
Can I be electric too?
Can I be electric too?
only registered users can see external links
Just got paid today
Got me a pocket FULL of change
Said, I just got paid today
Got me a pocket FULL of change
If you believe like working hard all day
Just step in my shoes and take my pay
I was born my papa's son
When I hit the ground I was on the run
I had one glad hand and the other behind
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barking in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right
I just got paid today
Got me a pocket FULL of change
Said, black sheep black
Do you got some wool?
Yes. I do, man. My bag is FULL
It's the root of evil and you know the rest
But it's way ahead of what's second best
only registered users can see external links
Everyone's gone to the moon
Streets full of people, all alone
Roads full of houses, never home
A church full of singing, out of tune
Everyone's gone to the moon
Eyes full of sorrow, never wet
Hands full of money, all in debt
Sun coming out in the middle of June
Everyone's gone to the moon
You see a long time ago life had begun
Everyone went to the sun
Parks full of motors, painted green
Mouths full of chocolate-covered cream
Arms that can only lift a spoon
You see everyone's gone
Everybody's gone
Everyone's gone to the moon
Everyone's gone to the moon
What will happen now
Everyone's gone to the moon
There's nobody left
Everyone's gone to the moon
Out on the road for forty days
Last night in Little Rock put me in a haze
Sweet, sweet Connie, doin' her act
She had the whole show and that's a natural fact
Up all night with Freddie King
I got to tell you, poker's his thing
Booze and ladies, keep me right
As long as we can make it to the show tonight
We're an American band
We're an American band
We're comin' to your town
We'll help you party it down
We're an American band
Four young chiquitas in Omaha
Waitin' for the band to return from the show
Feelin' good, feelin' right, it's Saturday night
The hotel detective, he was outta sight
Now these fine ladies, they had a plan
They was out to meet the boys in the band
They said, "Come on dudes, let's get it on"
And we proceeded to tear that hotel down
We're an American band
We're an American band
We're comin' to your town
We'll help you party it down
We're an American band
We're an American band
We're an American band
We're comin' to your town
We'll help you party it down
We're an American band
We're an American band
We're an American band
We're comin' to your town
We'll help you party it down
We're an American band
We're an American band
We're an American band
We're comin' to your town
We'll help you party it down
We're an American band
We're an American band, wooo
We're an American band, wooo
We're an American band, wooo
only registered users can see external links
You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be alright
Alright, alright
You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the PLAN
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We're all doing what we can
But if you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell you is brother you have to wait
Don't you know it's gonna be alright
Alright, alright, al...
You say you'll change the constitution
Well, you know
We all want to change your head
You tell me it's the institution
Well, you know
You'd better free your mind instead
But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow
Don't you know it's gonna be alright
Alright, alright
Alright, alright
Alright, alright
Alright, alright
Alright, alright
"The problem is all inside your head"
She said to me
"The answer is easy if you
Take it logically
I'd like to help you in your struggle
To be free
There must be fifty ways
To leave your lover"
She said, "It's really not my habit to intrude
Furthermore, I hope my meaning
Won't be lost or misconstrued
But I'll repeat myself
At the risk of being crude
There must be fifty ways
To leave your lover
Fifty ways to leave your lover"
You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new PLAN, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free
Ooh, slip out the back, Jack
Make a new PLAN, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just listen to me
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free
She said, "It grieves me so
To see you in such pain
I wish there was something I could do
To make you smile again"
I said, "I appreciate that
And would you please explain
About the fifty ways?"
She said, "Why don't we both
Just sleep on it tonight
And I believe in the morning
You'll begin to see the light"
And then she kissed me
And I realized she probably was right
There must be fifty ways
To leave your lover
Fifty ways to leave your lover
You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new PLAN, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free
Slip out the back, Jack
Make a new PLAN, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just listen to me
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free
How do you think I feel - Elvis
only registered users can see external links
How do you think I feel?
Well I know your love's not real
The girl I'm mad about is just a get about
How do you think I feel?
How do you think we stand?
Well I know you've made your PLANS
But you've included three and that's too much for me
How do you think I feel?
I won't be true again
I know that I can't win
So why should I pretend
That you still love me?
How do you think I feel?
Well I know your love's not real
The one I'm mad about is just a get about
How do you think I feel?
How do you think I feel?
Well I know your love's not real
The girl I'm mad about is just a get about
How do you think I feel?
How do you think we stand?
I know you've made your plans
Another's pretty face has put me out of place
How do you think I feel?
I won't be true again
I know that I can't win
So why should I pretend
That you still love me?
How do you think I feel?
Well I know your love's not real
And you've included three and that's too much for me
How do you think I feel?
only registered users can see external links
I realize the best part of love is the thinnest slice
And it don't count for much
But I'm not letting go
I believe there's still much to believe in
So lift your eyes if you feel you can
Reach for a star and I'll show you a PLAN
I figured it out
What I needed was someone to show me
You know you can't fool me
I've been lovin' you too long
It started so easy
You want to carry on (Carry on)
Lost in love and I don't know much
Was I thinkin' aloud and fell out of touch?
But I'm back on my feet
And eager to be what you wanted
So lift your eyes if you feel you can
Reach for a star and I'll show you a plan
I figured it out
What I needed was someone to show me
You know you can't fool me
I've been lovin' you too long
It started so easy
You want to carry on (Carry on)
Lost in love and I don't know much
Was I thinkin' aloud and fell out of touch?
But I'm back on my feet
And eager to be what you wanted
You know you can't fool me
I've been lovin' you too long
It started so easy
You want to carry on (Carry on)
Lost in love and I don't know much
Was I thinkin' aloud and fell out of touch?
But I'm back on my feet
And eager to be what you wanted
Now I'm lost, lost in love, lost in love, lost in love
Now I'm lost, I'm lost in love, I'm lost in love, lost in love
only registered users can see external links
I got a PLAN
Yeah you got a PLAN
Gotta PLAN ahead
I got a PLAN that'll make you a star
Make you get rich
Make you go far
Take a life and throw it on a bus
Make you feel like you make a fuss
Bright ideas and a fast feel too
Make you feel like you gotta feel unglued
Shining star
Shining star
Shining star yeah
Take my soul
Just leave me with your heart
Loving heart
Just leave me with your heart
Shining star
There you go
Way up high
Drove your mind and cheat your heart
Make you wanna feel before it gets too hot
Let them gun you down while you run around
Before your Shining star has gone
Shining star
Shining star
Shining star yeah
Shining star
Shining star
You go too far
Shining star yeah
Take my soul
Just leave me with your heart
Loving heart
Just leave me with your heart
Shining star
Shining star yeah
Shining star
Gimme your money honey
Shining star
I got a PLAN
Make you go rich
Make you go far
Shining star
I was tired of my lady, we'd been together too long
Like a worn out recording of a favorite song
So while she lay there sleepin' I read the paper in bed
And in the personal columns, there was this letter I read
If you like piсa coladas and getting caught in the rain
If you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain
If you like making love at midnight in the dunes of the cape
Then I'm the love that you've looked for, write to me and escape
I didn't think about my lady, I know that sounds kind of mean
But me and my old lady had fallen into the same old dull routine
So I wrote to the paper, took out a personal ad
And though I'm nobody's poet, I thought it wasn't half bad
Yes, I like piсa coladas and getting caught in the rain
I'm not much into health food, I am into champagne
I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon and cut through all this red tape
At a bar called O'Malley's where we'll plan our escape
So I waited with high hopes and she walked in the place
I knew her smile in an instant, I knew the curve of her face
It was my own lovely lady and she said, "oh, it's you"
Then we laughed for a moment and I said, "I never knew"
That you like piсa coladas and gettin' caught in the rain
And the feel of the ocean and the taste of champagne
If you like making love at midnight in the dunes on the cape
You're the lady I've looked for, come with me and escape
If you like piсa coladas and getting caught in the rain
If you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain
If you like making love at midnight in the dunes on the cape
Then I'm the love that you've looked for, write to me and escape
Yes I like piсa coladas and getting caught in the rain
I'm not much into health food, I am into champagne
I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon and cut through all this red tape
At a bar called O'Malley's where we'll plan our escape
Kacey Musgraves
Even something as small as an apple
It's simple and somehow complex
Sweet and divine, the perfect design
Can I speak to the architect?
And there's a canyon that cuts through the desert
Did it get there because of a flood?
Was it devised, or were you surprised
When you saw how grand it was?
Was it thought out at all, or just paint on a wall?
Is there anything that you regret?
I don't understand, are there blueprints or plans?
Can I speak to the architect?
Sometimes I look in the mirror
And wish I could make a request
Could I pray it away? Am I shapeable clay?
Or is this as good as it gets?
One day, you're on top of the mountain
So high that you'll never come down
Then the wind at your back carries ember and ash
That burns your whole house to the ground
Is it thought out at all, or just paint on a wall?
Is there anything that you regret?
I don't understand, are there blueprints or plans?
Can I speak to the architect?
I thought that I was too broken
And maybe too hard to love
I was in a weird place, then I saw the right face
And the stars and the planets lined up
Does it happen by chance? Is it all happenstance?
Do we have any say in this mess?
Is too late to make some more space?
Can I speak to the architect?
This life that we make, is it random or fate?
Can I speak to the architect?
Is there an architect?
only registered users can see external links
only registered users can see external links
Penny Lane, there is a barber showing photographs
Of every head he's had the pleasure to know
And all the people that come and go
Stop and say, "Hello"
On the corner is a banker with a motorcar
And little children laugh at him behind his back
And the banker never wears a Mac in the pouring rain
Very strange
Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes
Wet beneath the blue suburban skies
I sit and meanwhile back in
Penny Lane, there is a fireman with an hourglass
And in his pocket is a portrait of the Queen
He likes to keep his fire engine clean
It's a clean machine
Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes
A four of fish and finger pies
In summer, meanwhile back
Behind the shelter in the middle of a roundabout
A pretty nurse is selling poppies from a tray
And though she feels as if she's in a play
She is anyway
Penny Lane, the barber shaves another customer
We see the banker sitting waiting for a trim
And then the fireman rushes in from the pouring rain
Very strange
Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes
There beneath the blue suburban skies
I sit and meanwhile back
Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes
There beneath the blue suburban skies
Penny Lane
He was a hard-headed man
He was brutally handsome
And she was terminally pretty
She held him up
And he held her for ransom
In the heart of the cold, cold city
He had a nasty reputation as a cruel dude
They said he was ruthless, they said he was crude
They had one thing in common, they were good in bed
She'd say, "Faster, faster. The lights are turnin' red."
Life in the fast lane
Surely make you lose your mind
Life in the fast lane
Are you with me so far?
Eager for action
Hot for the game
The coming attraction
The drop of a name
They knew all the right people
They took all the right pills
They threw outrageous parties
They paid heavenly bills
There were lines on the mirror
Lines on her face
She pretended not to notice
She was caught up in the race
Out every evening
Until it was light
He was too tired to make it
She was too tired to fight about it
Life in the fast lane
Surely make you lose your mind
Life in the fast lane
Life in the fast lane
Everything all the time
Life in the fast lane
Blowin' and burnin'
Blinded by thirst
They didn't see the stop sign
Took a turn for the worst
She said, "Listen, baby. You can hear the engine ring
We've been up and down this highway; haven't seen a goddamn thing."
He said, "Call the doctor. I think I'm gonna crash."
"The doctor say he's comin', but you gotta pay in cash."
They went rushin' down that freeway
Messed around and got lost
They didn't care they were just dyin' to get off and it was
Life in the fast lane
Surely make you lose your mind
Life in the fast lane
Life in the fast lane
Everything all the time
Life in the fast lane
Life in the fast lane
Life in the fast lane
Good night!
Gene Autry, HERE COMES SANTA CLAUS
Here comes Santa Claus
Here comes Santa Claus
Right down Santa Claus LANE
Vixen and Blitzen and all his reindeer
Pullin' on the reins
Bells are ringin', children singin'
All is merry and bright
So hang your stockings and say your prayers
'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight
Here comes Santa Claus
Here comes Santa Claus
Right down Santa Claus LANE
He's got a bag that's filled with toys
For boys and girls again
Hear those sleigh bells jingle jangle
Oh, what a beautiful sight
So jump in bed, and cover your head
'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight
Here comes Santa Claus
Here comes Santa Claus
Right down Santa Claus LANE
He doesn't care if you're rich or poor
He loves you just the same
Santa Claus knows we're all God's children
That makes everything right
So fill your hearts with Christmas cheer
'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight
Here comes Santa Claus
Here comes Santa Claus
Right down Santa Claus LANE
He'll come around when chimes ring out
That it's Christmas morn' again
Peace on earth will come to all
If we just follow the light
So let's give thanks to the Lord above
'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight
Here comes Santa Claus
Here comes Santa Claus
Right down Santa Claus LANE
Vixen and Blitzen and all his reindeer
Pullin' on the reins
Bells are ringin', children singin'
All is merry and bright
Hang your stockings and say your prayers
'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight
only registered users can see external links
The old home town looks the same
As I step down from the train,
And there to meet me is my Mama and Papa.
Down the road I look and there runs Mary,
Hair of gold and lips like cherries.
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home.
Yes, they'll all come to meet me,
Arms reaching, smiling sweetly.
It's good to touch the green, green, grass of home.
The old house is still standing,
Though the paint is cracked and dry,
And there's that old oak tree that I used to play on.
Down the LANE I walk with my sweet Mary,
Hair of gold and lips like cherries.
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home.
Then I awake and look around me
At four grey walls that surround me,
And I realize: yes, I was only dreaming.
For there's a guard and there's a sad old padre.
On and on, we'll walk at daybreak.
Again I'll touch the green, green grass of home.
Yes, they'll all come to see me
In the shade of that old oak tree
As they lay me neath the green, green grass of home.
Swinging down the lane - Frank Sinatra
only registered users can see external links
Everybody's hand in hand
Swingin' down the LANE
Everybody's feelin' grand
Swingin' down the lane
That's the time I miss the bliss
That we might have known
Nights like this
When I'm all alone
When the moon is on the rise
Baby I'm so blue
Watchin' lovers makin' eyes
Like we used to do
When the moon is on the wane
Still I'm waitin' all in vain
Should be swingin' down the lane
With you
When the moon is on the rise
Baby I'm so blue
Watchin' lovers makin' eyes
Like we used to do
When the moon is on the wane
Still I'm waitin' all in vain
Should be swingin' down the lane
With you
Archie Roach
Side by side
We walk along
To the end of Gertrude Street
And we topple in muster for a quart of wine
Thick or thin
Right or wrong
In the cold and in the heat
We cross over Smith street to the end of the line
Then we laugh and sing
Do anything
To take away the pain
Tryna keep it down as it first went round
In charcoal lane
Spinning yarns
And telling jokes
Now the wine is tasting good
As it's getting closer and closer to it's end
Have a sip
And roll some smokes
We'd smoke 'Tailor mades' if we could
Oh, we just make do with some city street blend
Then we'd all chuck in
And we'd start to grin
When we had enough to do it again
But if things got tight then we'd have to bite
For charcoal lane
Up Gertrude Street
We walk once more
With just a few cents short
And we stop at The Builders to see who we could see
And we barter around
Until we score
A flagon of McWilliams port
Enough to take away our misery
And we'd all get drunk
Oh, so drunk
And maybe a little insane
And we'd stagger home
All alone
And the next day we'd do it again
Have a reviver in charcoal lane
I'm a survivor of charcoal lane
only registered users can see external links
only registered users can see external links
Well, on a train, I met a dame
She rather handsome, we kinda looked the same
She was pretty, from New York City
I'm walking down that old fair LANE
I'm in heat, I'm in love
But I just couldn't tell her so
I said, train kept a-rolling all night long
Train kept a-rolling all night long
Train kept a-rolling all night long
Train kept a-rolling all night long
With a "heave!", and a ho!
But I just couldn't tell her so, no, no, no
Well, get along, sweet little woman get along
On your way, get along, sweet little woman get along
On your way
I'm in heat, I'm in love
But I just couldn't tell her so, no, no, no
Well, on a train, I met a dame
She rather handsome, we kinda looked the same
She was pretty, from New York City
I'm walking down that old fair LANE
I'm in heat, I'm in love
But I just couldn't tell her so
I said, train kept a-rolling all night long
Train kept a-rolling all night long
Train kept a-rolling all night long
Train kept a-rolling all night long
With a "heave!", and a ho!
But I just couldn't tell her so, no, no, no
Well, get along, sweet little woman get along
On your way, get along, sweet little woman get along
On your way
I'm in heat, I'm in love
But I just couldn't tell her so, no, no, no
Well, we made a stop in Albuquerque
She must have thought I was a real cool jerk
Got off the train, and put her hands up
Looking so good I couldn't let her go
But I just couldn't tell her so
I said, train kept a-rolling all night long
Train kept a-rolling all night long
Train kept a-rolling all night long
Train kept a-rolling all night long
I'm in heat, I'm in love
But I just couldn't tell her
In my memory, I will always see
The town that I have loved so well
Where our school played ball by the gas yard wall
And they laughed through the smoke and the smell
Going home in the rain, running up the dark LANE
Past the jail, and down behind the Fountain
Those were happy days in so many, many ways
In the town I loved so well
In the early morning the shirt factory horn
Called women from Creggan, the moor, and the bog
While the men on the dole played a mother's role
Fed the children and then walked the dog
And when times got tough there was just about enough
And they saw it through without complaining
For deep inside was a burning pride
In the town I loved so well
There was music there in the Derry air
Like a language that we all could understand
I remember the day that I earned my first pay
When I played in a small pick-up band
There I spent my youth, and to tell you the truth
I was sad to leave it all behind me
For I learned about life, and I found a wife
In the town I loved so well
But when I returned, how my eyes have burned
To see how a town could be brought to it's knees
By the armoured cars and the bombed-out bars
And the gas that hangs on to every breeze
Now the army's installed by that old gas yard wall
And the damned barbed wire gets higher and higher
With their tanks and their guns, oh my god, what have they done
To the town I loved so well
Now the music's gone but they carry on
For their spirits been bruised, never broken
They will not forget but their hearts are set
On tomorrow and peace once again
For what's done is done and what's won is won
And what's lost is lost and gone for ever
I can only pray for a bright, brand new day
In the town I love so well
only registered users can see external links
It's not unusual to be loved by ANYONE
It's not unusual to have fun with anyone
But when I see you hanging about with anyone
It's not unusual to see me cry
I wanna die
It's not unusual to go out at any time
But when I see you out and about it's such a crime
If you should ever wanna be loved by anyone
It's not unusual
It happens every day
No matter what you say
You'll find it happens all the time
Love will never do what you want it to
Why can't this crazy love be mine?
It's not unusual to be mad with anyone
It's not unusual to be sad with anyone
But if I ever find that you've changed at any time
It's not unusual to find out I'm in love with you
Whoa-whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh
Whoa-whoa, oh-ohh
Whoa-whoa, oh-oh-oh-oh, whoa
Whoa-whoa, whoa-whoa
only registered users can see external links
ANYONE who ever loved could look at me
And know that I love you
Anyone who ever dreamed could look at me
And know I dream of you
Knowing I love you so
Anyone who had a heart
Would take me in his arms and love me too
Who couldn't be another heart that hurt me?
Like you hurt me and be so untrue
What am I to do?
Every time you go away I always say
This time it's goodbye, dear
Loving you the way I do I take you back
Without you I'd die, dear
Knowing I love you so
Anyone who had a heart
Would take me in his arms and love me too
Who couldn't be another heart that hurt me?
Like you hurt me and be so untrue
What am I to do?
Knowing I love you so
Anyone who had a heart
Would take me in his arms and love me too
Who couldn't be another heart that hurt me?
Like you hurt me and be so untrue
Anyone who had a heart would love me too
Anyone who had a heart would simply take me
In his arms and always love me, why won't you?
Yeah, anyone who had a heart would love me too
Anyone who had a heart would simply take me
In his arms and always love me, why won't you?
only registered users can see external links
My love must be a kind of blind love
I can't see ANYONE but you
Are the stars out tonight?
I don't know if it's cloudy or bright
I only have eyes for you, dear
The moon may be high
But I can't see a thing in the sky
'Cause I only have eyes for you
I don't know if we're in a garden
Or on a crowded avenue
You are here, so am I
Maybe millions of people go by
But they all disappear from view
And I only have eyes for you
The moon may be high
But I can't see a thing in the sky
'Cause I only have eyes for you
You are here, so am I
Maybe millions of people go by
But they all disappear from view
I don't know if we're in a garden
Or on a crowded avenue
You are here, so am I
Maybe millions of people go by
But they all disappear from view
And I only have eyes for you
We walked the loneliest mile
We smiled without any style
We kiss altogether wrong
No intention
We lied about each other's drinks
We lived without each other thinking
What anyone would do
Without me and you
It's like I told you
Only the lonely can play
So hold on, here we go
Hold on to nothing we know
I feel so lonely
Way up here
You mention the time we were together
So long ago
Well, I don't remember
All I know is that it makes me feel good now
It's like I told you
Only the lonely can play
Only the lonely
Only the lonely can play
Only the lonely
Only the lonely can play
It's like I told you
Only the lonely can play
Only the lonely
Only the lonely can play
only registered users can see external links
I call you when I need you, my heart's on fire
You come to me, come to me wild and wild
When you come to me
Give me everything I need
Give me a lifetime of promises and a world of dreams
Speak a language of love like you know what it means
Mmm, and it can't be wrong
Take my heart and make it strong, baby
You're simply the best
Better than all the rest
Better than ANYONE
Anyone I've ever met
I'm stuck on your heart
I hang on every word you say
Tear us apart
Baby, I would rather be dead
In your heart, I see the star of every night and every day
In your eyes, I get lost, I get washed away
Just as long as I'm here in your arms
I could be in no better place
You're simply the best
Better than all the rest
Better than anyone
Anyone I've ever met
Ooh, I'm stuck on your heart
I hang on every word you say
Don't tear us apart, no, no, no
Baby, I would rather be dead
Each time you leave me, I start losing control
You're walking away with my heart and my soul
I can feel you even when I'm alone
Oh baby, don't let go
Ooh, you're the best, ooh
Better than all the rest
Better than anyone
Anyone I've ever met
Ooh, I'm stuck on your heart
I hang on every word you say
Don't tear us apart, no, no
Baby, I would rather be dead
You're the best
Ooh, you're simply the best
Better than all the rest
Better than anyone
Anyone I've ever met
I'm stuck on your heart, baby
I hang on every word you say
Don't tear us apart, no, no, no
Baby, I would rather be dead
Oh, you're the best
You're better than all the rest
Better than anyone
Anyone I've ever met
Ooh, you're the best
only registered users can see external links
A place without a name
Under a burning sky
There's no milk and honey here
In the land of God
Someone holds a sign
It says we are human, too
And while the sun goes down
The world goes by
White dove
Fly with the wind
Take our hope under your wings
For the world to know
That hope will not die
Where the children cry
Waves, big like a house
They're stranded on a piece of wood
To leave it all behind
To start again
But instead of a new life
All they find is a door that's closed
And they keep looking for
A place called hope
White dove
Fly with the wind
Take our hope under your wings
For the world to know
That hope will not die
Where the children cry
Na na
Na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Na na
Na na na na
Na na na na na
Can ANYONE tell me why (can ANYONE tell me why)
The children of the world (the children of the world)
Have to pay the price (pay ANYONE price)
And now your telling me
You've seen it all before
I know that's right but still
It breaks my heart
Well, the golden lamb we sent
Makes us feel better now
But you know it's just a drop
In a sea of tears
White dove
Fly with the wind
Take our hope under your wings
For the world to know
That hope will not die
Where the children cry
White dove
Fly with the wind
Take our hope under your wings
For the world to know
That hope will not die
Where the children cry
Na na
Na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Na na
Na na na na
Na na na na na
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
Little high, little low
Any way the wind blows
Doesn't really matter to me, to me
Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooh
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters
Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Body's aching all the time
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, ooh (Any way the wind blows)
I don't wanna die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all
I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?
Thunderbolt and lightning very, very frightening me
(Galileo) Galileo
(Galileo) Galileo
Galileo Figaro
Magnifico-o-o-o-o
I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?
Bismillah! No, we will not let you go (Let him go!)
Bismillah! We will not let you go (Let him go!)
Bismillah! We will not let you go (Let me go!)
Will not let you go (Let me go!)
Never let you go (Never, never, never, never let me go)
Oh oh oh oh
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Oh, mamma mia, mamma mia (Mamma mia, let me go)
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me
So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?
So you think you can love me and leave me to die?
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here
Ooh, ooh yeah, ooh yeah
Nothing really matters
ANYONE can see
Nothing really matters
Nothing really matters to me
Any way the wind blows
Seems like yesterday
But it was long ago
Janey was lovely, she was the queen of my nights
There in the darkness with the radio playin' low, and
And the secrets that we shared
Mountains that we moved
Caught like a wildfire out of control
'Til there was nothin' left to burn and nothin' left to prove
And I remember what she said to me
How she swore that it never would end
I remember how she held me, oh, so tight
Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then
Against the wind
We were runnin' against the wind
We were young and strong, we were runnin' against the wind
And the years rolled slowly past
And I found myself alone
Surrounded by strangers I thought were my friends
Found myself further and further from my home and I
Guess I lost my way
There were, oh, so many roads
I was livin' to run and runnin' to live
Never worried about payin' or even how much I owe
Movin' eight miles a minute for months at a time
Breakin' all of the rules that would bend
I began to find myself searchin'
Searchin' for shelter again and again
Against the wind
Little somethin' against the wind
I found myself seekin' shelter against the wind
Well those drifters days are past me now
I've got so much more to think about
Deadlines and commitments
What to leave in, what to leave out
Against the wind
I'm still runnin' against the wind
I'm older now but still runnin' against the wind
Well I'm older now but still runnin' against the wind
(Against the wind)
(Against the wind) still runnin'
(Against the wind) I'm still runnin' against the wind
(Against the wind) I'm still runnin'
(Against the wind) I'm still runnin' against the wind
(Against the wind) still runnin'
(Against the wind) runnin' against the wind, runnin' against the wind
(Against the wind) see the young man run
(Against the wind) watch a young man run
(Against the wind) watch the young man runnin'
(Against the wind) he'll be runnin' against the wind
(Against the wind) let the cowboys ride
(Against the wind) hmm
(Against the wind) let the cowboys ride
(Against the wind) they'll be ridin' against the wind
(Against the wind) against the wind
(Against the wind) ridin' against the wind
(Against the wind)
(Against the wind) ride, ride, ride, ride, ride
(Against the wind)
only registered users can see external links
My father married a pure Cherokee
My mother's people were ashamed of me
The Indians said that I was white by law
The white man always called me "Indian Squaw"
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, 'she's no good,' they warned
Both sides were AGAINST me since the day I was born
We never settled, went from town to town
When you're not welcome you don't hang around
The other children always laughed at me
"Give her a feather, she's a Cherokee"
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, 'she's no good,' they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
We weren't accepted and I felt ashamed
Nineteen, I left them, tell me who's to blame?
My life since then has been from man to man
But I can't run away from what I am
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, 'she's no good,' they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, 'she's no good,' they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
only registered users can see external links
How can I just let you walk away?
Just let you leave without a trace?
When I stand here taking every breath, with you, ooh
You're the only one who really knew me at all
How can you just walk away from me
When all I can do is watch you leave?
'Cause we've shared the laughter and the pain and even shared the tears
You're the only one who really knew me at all
So take a look at me now
Oh, there's just an empty space
And there's nothing left here to remind me
Just the memory of your face
Ooh, take a look at me now
Well, there's just an empty space
And you coming back to me is AGAINST the odds
And that's what I've got to face
I wish, I could just make you turn around
Turn around and see me cry
There's so much I need to say to you, so many reasons why
You're the only one who really knew me at all
So take a look at me now
Well, there's just an empty space
And there's nothin' left here to remind me
Just the memory of your face
Now take a look at me now
'Cause there's just an empty space
But to wait for you, is all I can do
And that's what I've gotta face
Take a good look at me now
'Cause I'll still be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
It's the chance I've gotta take
Take a look at me now
only registered users can see external links
Don't look so sad
I know it's over
But life goes on
And this old world will keep on turning
Let's just be glad
We had some time to spend together
There's no need to watch the bridges
That we're burning
Lay your head upon my pillow
Hold your warm and tender body
Close to mine
Hear the whisper of the rain drops
Blowing soft AGAINST the window
And make believe you love me
One more time
For the good times
I'll get along
You'll find another
And I'll be here
If you should find you ever need me
Don't say a word about tomorrow
Or forever
There'll be time enough for sadness
When you leave me
Lay your head upon my pillow
Hold your warm and tender body
Close to mine
Hear the whisper of the rain drops
Blowing soft against the window
Make believe you love me
One more time
For the good times
only registered users can see external links
We've got nothing to fear, but fear itself?
Not pain, not failure, not fatal tragedy?
Not the faulty units in this mad machinery?
Not the broken contacts in emotional chemistry?
With an iron fist in a velvet glove
We are sheltered under the gun
In the glory game on the power train
Thy kingdom's will be done
And the things that we fear
Are a weapon to be held AGAINST us
He's not afraid of your judgement
He knows of horrors worse than your hell
He's a little bit afraid of dying
But he's a lot more afraid of your lying
And the things that he fears
Are a weapon to be held AGAINST him
Can any part of life be larger than life?
Even love must be limited by time
And those who push us down that they might climb
Is any killer worth more than his crime?
Like a steely blade in a silken sheath
We don't see what they're made of
They shout about love, but when push comes to shove
They live for things they're afraid of
And the knowledge that they fear
Is a weapon to be used AGAINST them
He's not afraid of your judgement
He knows of horrors worse than your hell
He's a little bit afraid of dying
But he's a lot more afraid of your lying
And the things that he fears
Are a weapon to be held AGAINST him
He's not afraid of your judgement
He knows of horrors worse than your hell
He's a little bit afraid of dying
But he's a lot more afraid of your lying
I saw her today at the reception
A glass of wine in her hand
I knew she would meet her connection
At her feet was a footloose man
No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need
I saw her today at the reception
A glass of wine in her hand
I knew she was gonna meet her connection
At her feet was a footloose man
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, well, you might find
You get what you need
And I went down to the demonstration
To get my fair share of abuse
Singing, "We're gonna vent our frustration
If we don't we're gonna blow a 50-amp fuse"
Sing it to me, honey
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, well, you just might find
You get what you need
Oh baby, yeah
I went down to the Chelsea drugstore
To get your prescription filled
I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy
And man, did he look pretty ill
We decided that we would have a soda
My favorite flavor, cherry red
I sung my song to Mr. Jimmy
Yeah, and he said one word to me, and that was "dead"
I said to him
You can't always get what you want
Well no
You can't always get what you want
I tell you, baby
You can't always get what you want
No
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need
Oh, yeah, woo
You get what you need
Yeah, oh baby
I saw her today at the reception
In her glass was a bleeding man
She was practiced at the art of deception
Well I could tell by her blood-stained hands
Sing it
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want, ooh yeah, child
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You just might find
You get what you need
Ah yeah
Ah yeah, woo!
Ah, you can't always get what you want
(No no, baby)
You can't always get what you want
(You can't now now)
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you just might find
You just might find
That you get what you need
Ah yeah!
Ah yeah! Do that
Oh, keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel
Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel
Yeah, we're going to the Roadhouse
Gonna have a real
A good time
Yeah, the back of the Roadhouse they got some bungalows
Yeah, the back of the Roadhouse they got some bungalows
And that's for the people who like to go down slow
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll
All night long
Do it, Robby, do it!
Alright !
Eeeeeh yeah !
You got to roll, roll, roll
You got to thrill my soul, all right
Roll, roll, roll, roll
To thrill my soul
You got to beep-a-gunk-a-chucha
Honk-konk-konk-kadanta
Each-ya-puna-ney-cha
Bap-pa-lula-ni-chao
Pao-pati-cha
Ni-saong-kong
Alright !
Ashen lady
Ashen lady
Give up your vows
Give up your vows
Save our city
Save our city
Right now
Well, I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer
Well, I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer
The future's uncertain and the end is always near
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll
All night long
only registered users can see external links
A Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann
Take my HAND
Barbara Ann
You got me rockin' and a rollin'
Rockin' and a reelin'
Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Went to a dance, looking for romance
Saw Barbara Ann, so I thought I'd take a chance on
Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann
Take my hand
Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann
Take my hand
You got me rockin' and a rollin'
Rockin' and a reelin'
Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann
Take my hand
Barbara Ann
You got me rockin' and a rollin'
Rockin' and a reelin'
Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Tried Peggy Sue
Tried Peggy Lou
Tried Mary Lou
But I knew she wouldn't do
Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann
Take my
Barbara Ann
Take my hand
You got me rockin' and a rollin'
Rockin' and a reelin'
Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann
Take my hand
Barbara Ann
You got me rockin' and a rollin'
Rockin' and a reelin'
Barbara Ann
Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann
only registered users can see external links
(Young dreams of love, young dreams of love)
Young dreams (Young dreams, young dreams)
My heart is filled with young dreams (Dreams)
And I'm longing to
Share them all with you
In my eyes (My eyes, my eyes)
Oh, can't you see in my eyes (In eyes)
That you're the only one who
Can make my young dreams come true?
I have young arms
That want to hold you (Hold you)
Hold you oh-so tight
I have young lips (Lips)
That want to kiss you (Kiss you)
Kiss you morning, noon and night
Take my HAND (My hand, my hand)
Oh, darling, take my hand (Take hand)
And let me make you a part
Of all my young dreams of love
I have young arms
That wanna hold you
Hold you good and tight
I have young lips
That wanna kiss you
Kiss you morning, noon and night
Take my hand (My hand, my hand)
Oh, darling, take my hand, oh (Take hand)
Let me make you a part (Let me make you a part)
Of all my young dreams of love
A part of all of my young dreams of love
(Young dreams of love, young dreams of love, yeah)
only registered users can see external links
Have you been around?
Have you done your share of comin' down
On different things that people do?
Have you been aware?
You got brothers and sisters who care
About what's gonna happen to you
In a year from now
Maybe I'll be there to shake your hand (Shake your hand)
Maybe I'll be there to share the land (Share the land)
That they'll be givin' away
When we all live together, we're talkin' 'bout together, now
Maybe I'll be there to shake your hand (Shake your hand)
Maybe I'll be there to share the land (Share the land)
That they'll be givin' away
When we all live together, we're talkin' 'bout together, now
Did you pay your dues?
Did you read the news
This morning when the paper landed in your yard?
Do you know their names?
Can you play their games
Without losin' track
And coming down a bit too hard?
Maybe I'll be there to shake your hand (Shake your hand)
Maybe I'll be there to share the land (Share the land)
That they'll be givin' away
When we all live together, we're talkin' 'bout together, now
Maybe I'll be there to shake your hand (Shake your hand)
Maybe I'll be there to share the land (Share the land)
That they'll be givin' away
When we all live together, we're talkin' 'bout together, now
Maybe I'll be there to shake your hand (Shake your hand)
Maybe I'll be there to share the land (Share the land)
That they'll be givin' away
When we all live together, we're talkin' 'bout together, now
Maybe I'll be there to shake your hand (Shake your hand)
Maybe I'll be there to share the land (Share the land)
That they'll be givin' away
When we all live together, together together
You know I'll be standing by to help you if you worry
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Now more sadness, no more sorrow, and no more bad times
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Everyday comin' sunshine, everyday everybody laughin'
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Walkin' together by the river, walkin' together and laughin'
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Everybody singin' together, everybody singin' and laughin'
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Good times, good times, everybody walkin' by the river now
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Walkin', singin', talkin', smilin', laughin' diggin' each other
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Everybody happy together, I'll be there to worry you if you need-a me
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Call on me, call on me, call my name, I'll be runnin' to help you
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Everybody walkin' by the river now, everyday everybody laughin'
(Shake your hand, share the land)
Everybody singin' and talkin', smilin', laughin', diggin' each other
only registered users can see external links
As the midnight moon, was drifting through
The lazy sway of the trees
I saw the look in your eyes, lookin' into mine
Seeing what you wanted to see
Darlin' don't say a word, cause I already heard
What your body's sayin' to mine
I'm tired of fast moves
I've got a slow groove
On my mind
I want a man with a slow HAND
I want a lover with an easy touch
I want somebody who will spend some time
Not come and go in a heated rush
I want somebody who will understand
When it comes to love, I want a slow hand
On shadowed ground, with no one around
And a blanket of stars in our eyes
We are drifting free, like two lost leaves
On the crazy wind of the night
Darlin', don't say a word, 'cause I already heard
What your body's sayin' to mine
If I want it all night
You say it's alright
We got the time
'Cause I got a man with a slow hand
I got a lover with an easy touch
I got somebody who will spend some time
Not come and go in a heated rush
I found somebody who will understand
When it comes to love, I want a slow hand
If I want it all night
Please say it's alright
It's not a fast move
But a slow groove
On my mind
'Cause I got a man with a slow hand
I got a lover with an easy touch
I found somebody who will spend some time
Not come and go in a heated rush
I found somebody who will understand
I found a lover with a slow hand
Oh, lover with the slow hand
And I get all excited with his easy touch
I found somebody who will spend the night
Not come and go in a heated rush
Judy Garland
Shades of night are falling and I'm lonely
Standing on the corner feeling blue
Sweethearts out for fun, pass me one by one
Guess I'll wind up like I always do, with only
Me and my shadow
Strolling down the avenue
Me and my shadow
Not a soul to tell our troubles to
And when it's twelve o'clock, we climb the stair
We never knock, cause nobody's there
Just me and my shadow
All alone and feeling blue
Me and my shadow
Strolling down the avenue
And when it's twelve o'clock, we climb the stair
We never knock, for nobody's there
Just me and my shadow
Strolling down the avenue
All alone and feeling blue
only registered users can see external links
If you go away
On this summer day
Then you might as well
Take the sun away
All the birds that flew
In the summer sky
When our love was new
And our hearts were high
And the day was young
And the night was long
And the moon stood still
For the night bird's song
If you go away
But if you stay
I'll make you a day
Like no day has been
Or will be again
We'll sail the sun
We'll ride on the rain
And talk to the trees
And worship the wind
Then if you go
I'll understand
Leave me just enough love
To fill up my hand
If you go away
As I know you will
You must tell the world
To stop turning, turning
'til you return again
If you ever do
For what good is love
Without loving you?
Can I tell you now
As you turn to go
I'll be dying slowly
'til the next hello
But if you stay
I'll make you a night
Like no night has been
Or will be again
I'll sail on your smile
I'll glide on your touch
I'll talk to your eyes
That I love so much
But if you go
I won't cry
Though the good is gone
From the word goodbye
If you go away
As I know you must
There'll be nothing left
In this world to trust
Just an empty room
Full of empty space
Like the empty look
I see on your face
And I'd have been the SHADOW
Of your shadow
If it might have kept me
By your
Join in my, join in my child,
And listen, I've been digging through my old numb shadow...
My shadow's
Shedding skin
I've been picking
Scabs again.
I'm down
Digging through
My old muscles
Looking for a clue.
I've been crawling on my belly
Clearing out what could've been.
I've been wallowing in my own confused and insecure delusions
For a piece to cross me over
Or a word to guide me in.
I wanna feel the changes coming down.
I wanna know what I've been hiding in
My shadow.
My shadow.
Change is coming through my shadow.
My shadow's shedding skin
I've been picking
My scabs again.
Join in my
Join in my child
My shadow moves
Closer to meaning
I've been crawling on my belly
Clearing out what could've been.
I've been wallowing in my own chaotic, insecure delusions.
I wanna feel the change consume me,
Feel the outside turning in.
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
Cleansing I've endured in
My shadow
My shadow
Change is coming.
Now is my time.
Listen to my muscle memory.
Contemplate what I've been clinging to.
Forty-six & 2 ahead of me.
I choose to live and to grow,
Take and give and to move,
Learn and love and to cry,
Kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie,
Hate and fear and to do
What it takes to move through.
I choose to live and to lie,
Kill and give and to die,
Learn and love and to do
What it takes to step through.
See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.
Step into the shadow.
Forty-six & 2 are just ahead of me.
Your butt is wide, well mine is too
Just watch your mouth or I'll sit on you
The word is out, better treat me right
'Cause I'm the king of cellulite
Ham on, ham on, ham on whole wheat, all right
My zippers bust, my buckles break
I'm too much man for you to take
The pavement cracks when I fall down
I've got more chins than Chinatown
Well, I've never used a phone booth
And I've never seen my toes
When I'm goin' to the movies
I take up seven rows
Because I'm fat, I'm fat, sha mone
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, come on you know
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
Don't you call me pudgy, portly or stout
Just now tell me once again who's fat
When I walk out to get my mail
It measures on the Richter scale
Down at the beach I'm a lucky man
I'm the only one who gets a tan
If I have one more pie a la mode
I'm gonna need my own zip code
When you're only having seconds
I'm a' having twenty-thirds
When I go to get my shoes shined
I gotta take their word
Because I'm fat, I'm fat, sha mone
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it you know
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
And my shadow weighs a' forty-two pounds
Lemme tell you once again who's fat
If you see me comin' your way
Better give me plenty space
If I tell you that I'm hungry
Then won't you feed my face
Because I'm fat, I'm fat, sha mone
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it, you know
(Fat, fat, really really fat.)
When I sit around the house
I really sit around the house
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, sha mone
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it, you know it
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know, you know, you know, come on
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
And you know all by myself I'm a crowd
Lemme tell you once again
You know I'm huge, I'm fat, you know it
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, you know, woo
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it, you know
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
And the whole world knows I'm fat and I'm proud
Just tell me once again who's fat
The Rolling Stones, HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER BABY, STANDING IN THE SHADOW?
Have you seen your mother, baby, standing in the SHADOW?
Have you had another, baby, standing in the SHADOW?
I'm glad I opened your eyes
The have-nots would have tried to freeze you in ice
Have you seen your brother, baby, standing in the SHADOW?
Have you had another baby, standing in the SHADOW?
Well, I was just passing the time
I'm all alone, won't you give all your sympathy to mine?
Tell me a story about how you adore me
Live in the SHADOW, see through the SHADOW,
Glimpse through the SHADOW, tear at the SHADOW
Hate in the SHADOW, and love in your SHADOWY life
Have you seen your lover, baby, standing in the SHADOW?
Has he had another baby, standing in the SHADOW?
Just where have you been all your life?
Talking about all the people who would try anything twice
Have you seen your mother, baby, standing in the SHADOW?
Has she had another baby, standing in the SHADOW?
Well, you take your choice at the time
The brave old world or the slide to the depths of decline
only registered users can see external links
only registered users can see external links
I'm just the pieces of the man I used to be
Too many bitter tears are raining down on me
I'm far away from home
And I've been facing this alone for much too long, oh
I feel like no one ever told the truth to me
About growing up and what a struggle it would be
In my tangled state of mind
I've been looking back to find
Where I went wrong
Too much love will kill you
If you can't make up your mind
Torn between the lover and the love you leave behind
You're headed for disaster 'cause you never read the signs
Too much love will kill you every time
I'm just the SHADOW of the man I used to be
And it seems like there's no way out of this for me
I used to bring you sunshine
Now all I ever do is bring you down
Mmm, how would it be if you were standing in my shoes?
Can't you see that it's impossible to choose
No, there's no making sense of it
Every way I go I'm bound to lose
Oh-oh, yeah
Too much love will kill you
Just as sure as none at all
It'll drain the power that's in you
Make you plead and scream and crawl
And the pain will make you crazy
You're the victim of your crime
Too much love will kill you every time
Yeah-yeah, too much love will kill you
It'll make your life a lie
Yes, too much love will kill you
And you won't understand why
You'd give your life, you'd sell your soul
But here it comes again
Too much love will kill you
In the end
only registered users can see external links
Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck gettin' dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity?
Doesn't seem to be a SHADOW in the city
All around, people lookin' half dead
Walkin' on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head
But at night, it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come on, come on, and dance all night
Despite the heat, it'll be alright
And babe, don't you know it's a pity
The days can't be like the nights
In the summer in the city
In the summer in the city
Cool town, evening in the city
Dressed so fine and lookin' so pretty
Cool cat lookin' for a kitty
Gonna look in every corner of the city
'Til I'm wheezing like a bus stop
Runnin' upstairs, gonna meet you on the rooftop
But at night, it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come on, come on, and dance all night
Despite the heat, it'll be alright
And babe, don't you know it's a pity
The days can't be like the nights
In the summer in the city
In the summer in the city
Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck gettin' dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity?
Doesn't seem to be a SHADOW in the city
All around, people lookin' half dead
Walkin' on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head
But at night, it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come on, come on, and dance all night
Despite the heat, it'll be alright
And babe, don't you know it's a pity
The days can't be like the nights
In the summer in the city
In the summer in the city
One day we walked along the sand
One day in early spring
You held a piper in your hand
To mend its broken wing
Now I'll remember many a day
And many a lonely mile
The echo of a piper's song
The shadow of a smile
The SHADOW of your smile
When you are gone
Will color all my dreams
And light the dawn
Look into my eyes
My love and see
All the lovely things
You are to me
Our wistful little star
Was far too high
A teardrop kissed your lips
And so did I
Now when I remember spring
All the joy that love can bring
I will be remembering
The SHADOW of your smile
In a white room, with black curtains, near the station
Black roof country, no gold pavements, tired starlings
Silver horses, ran down moonbeams, in your dark eyes
Dawn light smiles, on you leaving, my contentment
I'll wait in this place
Where the sun never shines
Wait in this place
Where the shadows run from themselves
You said no strings, could secure you, at the station
Platform ticket, restless diesels, goodbye window
I walked into, such a sad time, at the station
As I walked out, felt my own need, just beginning
I'll wait in the queue
When the trains come back
Lie with you
Where the shadows run from themselves
At the party, she was kindness, in the hard crowd
Consolation, for the old wound, now forgotten
Yellow tigers, crouched in jungles, in her dark eyes
She's just dressing, goodbye windows, tired starlings
I'll sleep in this place
With the lonely crowd
Lie in the dark
Where the shadows run from themselves
only registered users can see external links
I need a little time to think it over
I need a little space just on my own
I need a little time to find my freedom
I need a little
Funny how quick the milk turns sour, isn't it, isn't it?
Your face has been looking like that for hours, hasn't it, hasn't it?
Promises, promises turn to dust
Wedding bells just turn to rust
Trust into mistrust
I need a little ROOM to find myself
I need a little space to work it out
I need a little room all alone
I need a little
You need a little room for your big head, don't you, don't you?
You need a little space for a thousand beds, won't you, won't you?
Lips that promise, fear the worst
Tongue so sharp, the bubble burst
Just into unjust
I've had a little time to find the truth
Now I've had a little room to check what's wrong
I've had a little time, and I still love you
I've had a little
You had a little time and you had a little fun, didn't ya, didn't you?
While you had yours, do you think I had none, do you, do ya?
The freedom that you wanted bad
Is yours for good, I hope you're glad
Sad into unsad
I had a little time to think it over
Had a little room to work it out
I found a little courage to call it off
I've had a little time
I've had a little time
I've had a little time
I've had a little time
I met a gin soaked, bar-room queen in Memphis
She tried to take me upstairs for a ride
She had to heave me right across her shoulder
'Cause I just can't seem to drink you off my mind
It's the honky tonk women
That gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues
I laid a divorcee in New York City
I had to put up some kind of a fight
The lady then she covered me in roses
She blew my nose and then she blew my mind
It's the honky tonk women
That gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues
It's the honky tonk women
That gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues
It's the honky tonk women
That gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues
only registered users can see external links
As you look through my window
Deep into my ROOM
At the tapestries all faded
Their vague and distant glories
Concealed in the gloom
The icy fingers of forgotten passions
Softly brushing my lips
At the tips of my primitive soul
As you look through my door
Deep into my ROOM
Can you feel the mighty wall of power
It's waiting waiting in the gloom
The distant shadows of forgotten champions
Those who live in me still
And will rise when we challenge and kill
Born again
You'll be born again
Look at this prince of evil
Fighting for your mind
Fighting all priests of shame
For the thrust of my challenge is aimed
At the hearts of mutant gods
Who think we're all the same
They're controlling our minds
And they use us for fortune and fame
As you look through my window
Deep into my ROOM
At your future and freedom
The grey and plastic retards all floating in circles
And as you taste the fruits of new sensations
Softly brushing your lips
As we rise when we challenge and kill
Born again
You'll be born again
If you want to be a king for a day
Just do what I say
Everybody's got to think like a hunter
Just search for your pray
Be alive through the night and the day
Just do it my way
only registered users can see external links
I once had a girl
Or should I say she once had me
She showed me her ROOM
Isn't it good Norwegian wood?
She asked me to stay
And she told me to sit anywhere
So I looked around
And I noticed there wasn't a chair
I sat on a rug biding my time
Drinking her wine
We talked until two and then she said
"It's time for bed"
She told me she worked
In the morning and started to laugh
I told her I didn't
And crawled off to sleep in the bath
And when I awoke I was alone
This bird had flown
So I lit a fire
Isn't it good Norwegian wood?
only registered users can see external links
I can feel a new expression on my face
I can feel a glowing sensation taking place
I can hear the guitar playin' lovely tunes
Every time that you walk in the room
I close my eyes for a second and pretend it's me you want
Meanwhile I try to act so nonchalant
I feel a summer's night with a magic moon
Every time that you walk in the ROOM
Baby it's a dream come true (dream come true)
Standin' right alongside of you
Wish I could show you how much I care
But I only have the nerve to stand and stare
I can feel a something pounding in my brain
Just anytime that someone speaks your name
Oh, the trumpets sounds and I hear thunder boom
Every time that you walk in the room
Every time that you walk in the room
Every time that you walk in the room
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain
"Please bring me my wine."
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine."
And still those voices are calling from far away
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
"Relax," said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check-out any time you like
But you can never leave!"
John Lennon
As soon as you're born they make you feel small
By giving you no time instead of it all
'Til the pain is so big you feel nothing at all
A working-class hero is something to be
A working-class hero is something to be
They hurt you at home and they hit you at school
They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool
'Til you're so fucking crazy you can't follow their rules
A working-class hero is something to be
A working-class hero is something to be
When they've tortured and scared you for 20 odd years
Then they expect you to pick a career
When you can't really function, you're so full of fear
A working-class hero is something to be
A working-class hero is something to be
Keep you doped with religion, and sex, and T.V.
And you think you're so clever and classless and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see
A working-class hero is something to be
A working-class hero is something to be
There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill
If you want to be like the folks on the hill
A working-class hero is something to be
A working-class hero is something to be
If you want to be a hero well just follow me
If you want to be a hero well just follow me
Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care
Leave, but don't leave me
Look around
Choose your own ground
Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be
Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down
It's time to dig another one
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave
only registered users can see external links
See the girl with cymbals on her fingers
Entering through the door
Ruby glistening from her navel
Shimmering around the floor
Bells on feet go ting a-ling a-linging
Going through my head
Sweat is falling just-a-like-a tear drops
Running from her head
Now she's dancing, going through the movements
Swaying to and fro
Body moving, bringing back a memory
Thoughts of long ago
Blood is rushing, temperature is rising
Sweating from my brow
Like a snake, her body fascinates me
I can't look away now
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to BREATHE
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
Now, she's moving all around the tables
Luring all in sight
But I know that she cannot see me
Hidden by the light
Closer, closer, she is getting nearer
Soon she'll be in reach
As I enter into a spotlight
She stands lost for speech
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
Now I hold her, people are staring
Don't know what to think
And we struggle knocking over tables
Spilling all the drinks
Can't they understand that I want her?
Happens every week
Heavy hand upon my collar
Throws me in the street
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
If I could make a wish
I think I'd pass
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound
Nothing to eat, no books to read
Making love with you
Has left me peaceful, warm, and tired
What more could I ask
There's nothing left to be desired
Peace came upon me and it leaves me weak
So sleep, silent angel, go to sleep
Sometimes, all I need is the air that I BREATHE
And to love you
All I need is the air that I BREATHE
Yes to love you
All I need is the air that I BREATHE
Peace came upon me and it leaves me weak
So sleep, silent angel, go to sleep
Sometimes, all I need is the air that I BREATHE
And to love you
All I need is the air that I BREATHE
Yes to love you
All I need is the air that I BREATHE
Sometimes, all I need is the air that I breathe
And to love you
All I need is the air that I BREATHE
Yes to love you
All I need is the air that I BREATHE
And to love you
All I need is the air that I BREATHE
Yes to love you
only registered users can see external links
Little by little, my heart grieves
Little by little, I call your name
Little by little, my tears fall
Little by little, everything changes
Little by little, the time goes
Little by little, the days pass by
Little by little, the air clears
Little by little, I can BREATHE again
I can BREATHE again
I can BREATHE again, now
I can BREATHE again
Back at the mirror, your good friend
Talk to the mirror to play out your game
Slap in the middle, I stop then
Look at the winner and the price you pay
Hum! Cold was the winter, I tremble
Long was the fall that had no end
Now little by little, the air clears
Little by little, I can BREATHE, I can BREATHE again
I can BREATHE again
I can BREATHE again, now
Call your name, call your name
Call your name, call your name
Everything changes, everything changes
I call your name
Oh, I can BREATHE again
I can BREATHE again
I can BREATHE again
I can BREATHE again
Oooh, oooh
Little by little
only registered users can see external links
You're only just a dream boat
Sailing in my head
You swim my secret oceans
Of coral blue and red
Your smell is incense burning
Your touch is silken yet
It reaches through my skin
Moving from within
And clutches at my breast
But it's only when I sleep
I see you in my dreams
Got me spinning 'round and 'round
Turning upside down
But I only hear you BREATHE (I hear you breathe)
Somewhere in my sleep
Got me spinning 'round and 'round
Turning upside down
But it's only when I sleep
And when I wake from slumber
Your shadow's disappeared
Your breath is just a sea mist
Surrounding my body
I'm working through the daytime
But when it's time to rest
I'm lying in my bed
Listening to my breath
Falling from the edge
But it's only when I sleep
I see you in my dreams
Got me spinning 'round and 'round
Turning upside down
But I only hear you breathe (I hear you breathe)
Somewhere in my sleep (in my sleep)
Got me spinning 'round and 'round
Turning upside down
But it's only when I sleep, yeah yeah, yeah yeah
But it's only when I sleep
It's reaching through my skin
Moving from within
And clutches at my breast
But it's only when I sleep
I see you in my dreams (dreams)
Got me spinning 'round and 'round (spinnin' around)
Turning upside down
But I only hear you breathe (I hear you breathe)
But it's only when I sleep
Got me spinning 'round and 'round
Turning upside down
It's only when I sleep
Got me spinning 'round and 'round
Turning upside down
only registered users can see external links
… When I'm feelin' blue, all I have to do
Is take a look at you, then I'm not so blue
When you're close to me I can feel you heart beat
I can hear you BREATHING in my ear
Wouldn't you agree, baby, you and me
Got a groovy kind of love (groovy kind of love)
We got a groovy kind of love (groovy kind of love)
Any time you want to you can turn me on to
Anything you want to, any time at all
When you kiss my lips oh, I start to shiver
Can't control the quivering inside
Wouldn't you agree, baby, you and me
Got a groovy kind of love (a groovy kind of love)
We got a groovy kind of love
When I'm in your arms nothing seems to matter
If the world would shatter I don't care
Wouldn't you agree, baby, you and me
Got a groovy kind of love (groovy kind of love)
We got a groovy kind of love (groovy kind of love)
We got a groovy kind of love
Pearl Jam
Yes, I understand that every life must end, ah-huh
As we sit alone, I know someday we must go, ah-huh
Oh, I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love
Some folks just have one, yeah, others they got none, ah-huh
Stay with me, oh
Let's just breathe
Practiced are my sins, never gonna let me win, ah-huh
Under everything, just another human being, ah-huh
Yeah, I don't wanna hurt
There's so much in this world to make me bleed
Stay with me, oh
You're all I see
Did I say that I need you?
Did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I did not, I'm a fool you see
No one knows this more than me
As I come clean
I wonder everyday as I look upon your face, ah-huh
Everything you gave and nothing you would take, ah-huh
Nothing you would take
Everything you gave
Did I say that I need you?
Oh, did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I did not, I'm a fool you see
No one knows this more than me
As I come clean
Nothing you would take
Everything you gave
Hold me 'til I die
Meet you on the other side
only registered users can see external links
I've had to think up a way to survive
Since you said it's over, told me good-bye
I just can't make it, one day without you
Unless I pretend that the opposite's true
Rivers flow backwards
Valleys are high
Mountains are level
Truth is a lie
I'm perfectly fine
And I don't miss you
The sky is green
And the grass is blue
How much can a heart and a troubled mind take
Where is that fine line before it all breaks
Can one end their sorrow, just cross over it
And into that realm of insanity's bliss
There's snow in the tropics
There's ice on the sun
It's hot in the Arctic
And crying is fun
And I'm happy now
And I'm glad we're through
And the sky is green
And the grass is blue
And the rivers flow backwards
And my tears are dry
Swans hate the water
And eagles can't fly
But I'm alright now
Now that I'm over you
And the sky is green
And the grass is blue
And I don't love you
And the grass is blue
On a long and lonesome highway, east of Omaha
You can listen to the engine moaning out its one-note song
You can think about the woman or the girl you knew the night before
But your thoughts will soon be wandering the way they always do
When you're riding sixteen hours and there's nothing there to do
And you don't feel much like riding, you just wish the trip was through
Here I am
On the road again
There I am
On the stage
Here I go
Playing star again
There I go
Turn the page
Well, you walk into a restaurant all strung-out from the road
And you feel the eyes upon you as you're shaking off the cold
You pretend it doesn't bother you but you just want to explode
Most times you can't hear 'em talk, other times you can
All the same old clichйs, "Is it woman? Is it man?"
And you always seem outnumbered so you don't dare make a stand
Oh, here I am
On the road again
There I am
On the stage, yeah
Here I go
Playing star again
There I go
Turn the page
Out there in the spotlight you're a million miles away
Every ounce of energy you try to give away
As the sweat pours out your body like the music that you play
Later in the evening as you lie awake in bed
With the echoes from the amplifiers ringing in your head
You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said
Here I am
On the road again
There I am
Up on the stage
Ah, here I go
Playing star again
There I go
Turn the page
Here I am
On the road again
There I am
On the stage, yeah
Here I go
Playing star again
There I go
There I go
only registered users can see external links
There was a man
A lonely man
Who lost his love
Through his indifference
A heart that cared
That went unshared
Until it died
Within his silence
And solitare's the only game in town
And every road that takes him
Takes him down
And by himself it's easy to PRETEND
He'll never love again
And keeping to himself he plays the game
Without her love
It always ends the same
While life goes on around him everywhere
He's playing solitaire
A little hope
Goes up in smoke
Just how it goes
Goes without saying
There was a man
A lonely man
Who would command
The hand he's playing
And solitare's the only game in town
And every road that takes him
Takes him down
And by himself it's easy to pretend
He'll never love again
And keeping to himself he plays the game
Without her love
It always ends the same
While life goes on around him everywhere
He's playing solitaire
And solitare's the only game in town
And every road that takes him
Takes him down
While life goes on around him everywhere
He's playing solitaire
only registered users can see external links
In a little while you're leaving
Starting on the journey home
Soon I'll be alone, the one who loves you
La la la la la, somewhere in the heart of Rome
I'll make a wish in every fountain
Say a prayer that you'll return
Minutes I'll be counting
May the fire of love still burn
I'll keep your picture by my pillow
And PRETENDI'm not alone
Make believe that you are with me
La la la la la, in the heart of Rome
Suddenly the tears are falling
As we hear the whistle blow
Hold me very close before you leave me
La la la la la, somewhere in the heart of Rome
I'll make a wish in every fountain
Say a prayer that you'll return
Minutes I'll be counting
May the fire of love still burn
I'll keep your picture by my pillow
And pretend I'm not alone
Make believe that you are with me
La la la la la, in the heart of Rome
I'll make a wish in every fountain
Say a prayer that you'll return
Minutes I'll be counting
May the fire of love still burn
I'll keep your picture by my pillow
And pretend I'm not alone
Make believe that you are with me
La la la la la, in the heart of Rome
Smiling faces sometimes PRETEND to be your friend
Smiling faces show no traces of the evil that lurks within
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth uh
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
The truth is in the eyes
Cause the eyes don't lie, amen
Remember a smile is just
A frown turned upside down
My friend let me tell you
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth, uh
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
Beware, beware of the handshake
That hides the snake
I'm telling you beware
Beware of the pat on the back
It just might hold you back
Jealousy (jealousy)
Misery (misery)
Envy I tell you, you can't see behind smiling faces
Smiling faces sometimes they don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
(Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes)
(Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes)
I'm telling you beware, beware of the handshake
That hides the snake
Listen to me now, beware
Beware of that pat on the back
It just might hold you back
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
Your enemy won't do you no harm
Cause you'll know where he's coming from
Don't let the handshake and the smile fool ya
Take my advice I'm only try' to school ya
only registered users can see external links
Oh yes I'm the great pretender (ooh ooh)
Pretending I'm doing well (ooh ooh)
My need is such I PRETEND too much
I'm lonely but no one can tell
Oh yes I'm the great pretender (ooh ooh)
Adrift in a world of my own (ooh ooh)
I play the game but to my real shame
You've left me to dream all alone
Too real is this feeling of make believe
Too real when I feel what my heart can't conceal
Ooh Ooh yes I'm the great pretender (ooh ooh)
Just laughing and gay like a clown (ooh ooh)
I seem to be what I'm not (you see)
I'm wearing my heart like a crown
Pretending that you're still around
Yeah ooh hoo
Too real when I feel what my heart can't conceal
Oh yes I'm the great pretender
Just laughing and gay like a clown (ooh ooh)
I seem to be what I'm not you see
I'm wearing my heart like a crown
Pretending that you're
Pretending that you're still around
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah
Now if there's a smile on my face
It's only there trying to fool the public
But when it comes down to fooling you
Now honey, that's quite a different subject
But don't let my glad expression
Give you the wrong impression
Really, I'm sad
Oh, I'm sadder than sad
You're gone and I'm hurtin' so bad
Like a clown I PRETEND to be glad
Now there's some sad things known to man
But ain't too much sadder than
The tears of a clown
When there's no one around
Oh yeah, baby
Now if I appear to be carefree
It's only to camouflage my sadness
In order to shield my pride I've tried
To cover this hurt with a show of gladness
But don't let my show convince you
That I've been happy since you
Decided to go
Oh, I need you so
I'm hurt and I want you to know
But for others I put on a show
Oh, there's some sad things known to man
But there ain't too much sadder than
The tears of a clown
When there's no one around, oh yeah
Just like Pagliacci did
I try to keep my sadness hid
Smiling in the public eye
But in my lonely room I cry
The tears of a clown
When there's no one around
Oh yeah, baby
Now if there's a smile on my face
Don't let my glad expression
Give you the wrong impression
Don't let this smile I wear
Make you think that I don't care
Really, I'm sad
Hurtin' so bad
only registered users can see external links
Load up on guns, bring your friends
It's fun to lose and to PRETEND
She's over-bored, and self-assured
Oh no, I know a dirty word
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello
With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido, yeah
Hey, yey
I'm worse at what I do best
And for this gift, I feel blessed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello
With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido, yeah
Hey, yey
And I forget just why I taste
Oh yeah, I guess it makes me smile
I found it hard, it's hard to find
Oh well, whatever, never mind
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello
With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
A denial, a denial
A denial, a denial
A denial, a denial
A denial, a denial
A denial
I could start dreamin' but it never ends
As long as you're gone we may as well PRETEND
I've been dreamin'
Straight from the heart
You say it's easy but who's to say
That we'd be able to keep it this way
But it's easier
Comin' straight from the heart
Give it to me straight from the heart
Tell me we can make another start
You know I'll never go
As long as I know
It's comin' straight from the heart
I'll see you on the street some other time
And all our words would just fall out of line
While we're dreamin'
Straight from the heart
Give it to me straight from the heart
Tell me we can make one more start
You know I'll never go
As long as I know
It's coming straight from the heart
Don't ever leave me darling
Straight from the heart
Tell me we can make one more start
You know I'll never go
As long as I know
You give it to me now straight from the heart
Tell me we can make one more start
You know I'll never go
As long as I know
It's coming straight from the heart
Give it to me oh no oh no straight from the heart
You know I'll never go
As long as I know
It's coming straight from the heart
The Moody Blues
We've already said
"Goodbye"
Since you've got to go
Oh, you'd better go now (go now, go now)
Go now, ooh (before you see me cry)
I don't want you to tell me just what you intend to do now
'Cause how many times do I have to tell you, darling, darling
I'm still in love with you, now? Whoa
We've already said
"So long"
I don't wanna see you go
Oh, you'd better go now (go now, go now)
Go now, ooh (don't you even try)
Telling me that you really don't want me to end this way-ay
'Cause darling, darling
Can't you see I want you to stay? Yeah, yeah
Since you've got to go
Oh, you had better go now (go now, go now)
Go now, ooh (before you see me cry)
I don't want you to tell me just what you intend to do now
'Cause how many times do I have to tell you, darling, darling
I'm still in love, still in love with you now?
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
I don't wanna see you go
But, darling, you'd better go now
only registered users can see external links
Loving you
Isn't the right thing to do
How can I ever change things that I feel?
If I could
Baby I'd give you my world
How can I
When you won't take it from me?
You can GO your own way
GO your own way
You can call it another lonely day
You can GO your own way
GO your own way
Tell me why
Everything turned around
Packing up
Shacking up's all you wanna do
If I could
Baby I'd give you my world
Open up
Everything's waiting for you
You can GO your own way
GO your own way
You can call it another lonely day
You can GO your own way
GO your own way
only registered users can see external links
Don't GO changing to try and please me
You never let me down before, mmm
Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore
I would not leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far, mmm
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are
Don't go trying some new fashion
Don't change the color of your hair, mmm
You always have my unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care
I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard, mmm
I just want someone that I can talk to
I want you just the way you are
I need to know that you will always be
The same old someone that I knew
Oh, but what will it take till you believe in me
The way that I believe in you?
I said I love you, that's forever
And this I promise from the heart, mmm
I couldn't love you any better
I love you just the way you are, right
I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard, mmm
I just want someone that I can talk to
I want you just the way you are
Here you come again
Just when I've begun to get myself together
You waltz right in the door
Just like you've done before
And wrap my heart 'round your little finger
Here you come again
Just when I'm about to make it work without you
You look into my eyes
And lie those pretty lies
And pretty soon I'm wonderin' how I came to doubt you
All you got to do is smile that smile
And there go all my defenses
Just leave it up to you and in a little while
You're messin' up my mind and fillin' up my senses
Here you come again
Lookin' better than a body has a right to
And shakin' me up so that all I really know
Is here you come again
And here I go
All you have to do is smile that smile
And there go all my defenses
Just leave it up to you and in a little while
You're messin' up my mind and fillin' up my senses
Here you come again
Lookin' better than a body has a right to
And shakin' me up so
That all I really know
Is here you come again
And here I go
Here I go
And here I go
And here I go
Here you come again
Here I go
Here I go
And here I go
Here I go
only registered users can see external links
only registered users can see external links
Jitterbug
Jitterbug
Jitterbug
Jitterbug
You put the boom boom into my heart
You send my soul sky high when your lovin' starts
Jitterbug into my brain (yeah, yeah)
Goes a bang-bang-bang 'til my feet do the same
But something's buggin' me
Something ain't right
My best friend told me what you did last night
Left me sleeping in my bed
I was dreaming
But I should've been with you instead
Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you GO-GO
I don't wanna miss it when you hit that high
Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not planning on going solo
Wake me up before you go-go
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high
Yeah, yeah
You take the grey skies out of my way
You make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day
You turned a bright spark into a flame (yeah, yeah)
My beats per minute never been the same
'Cause you're my lady, I'm your fool
It makes me crazy when you act so cruel
Come on, baby, let's not fight
We'll go dancing, everything will be alright
Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you go-go
I don't wanna miss it when you hit that high
Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not planning on going solo
Wake me up before you go-go
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high
Yeah, yeah, yeah, baby
Jitterbug
Jitterbug
Cuddle up, baby
Move in tight
We'll go dancing tomorrow night
It's cold out there but it's warmer in bed
They can dance, we'll stay home instead
Jitterbug
Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you go-go
I don't wanna miss it when you hit that high
Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not planning on going solo
Wake me up before you go-go
Take me dancing tonight
Wake me up before you go-go
Don't you dare to leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you go-go
I don't wanna miss it when you hit that high (take me dancing)
Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not planning on going solo
Wake me up before you go-go (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Take me dancing tonight (oh, ah, yeah, yeah)
only registered users can see external links
Don't GO breaking my heart
I couldn't if I tried
Oh, honey, if I get restless
Baby, you're not that kind
Don't go breaking my heart
You take the weight off of me
Oh, honey, when you knocked on my door
Ooh, I gave you my key
Ooh-ooh, nobody knows it
When I was down (I was your clown)
Oo-ooh, nobody knows it (nobody knows it)
Right from the start (I gave you my heart)
Oh-oh, I gave you my heart
So don't go breaking my heart
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart
Nobody told us
'Cause nobody showed us
And now it's up to us, babe
Oh, I think we can make it
So don't misunderstand me
You put the light in my life
Oh, you put the spark to the flame
I've got your heart in my sights
Ooh-ooh, nobody knows it
When I was down (I was your clown)
Ooh-ooh, nobody knows it (nobody knows it)
Right from the start (I gave you my heart)
Oh, I gave you my heart
So don't go breaking my heart
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart
Ooh-ooh, nobody knows it
When I was down (I was your clown)
Right from the start (I gave you my heart)
Oh, I gave you my heart
Don't go breaking my heart
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my, don't go breaking my-
Don't go breaking my heart
Don't go breaking my, don't go breaking my-
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my-)
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart (don't go breaking my...)
Cold Chisel
Kids out drivin' Saturday afternoon, just pass me by
I'm just savourin' familiar sights
We shared some history, this town and I
And I can't stop that long forgotten feeling of her
Time to book a room and stay tonight
Number one is to find some friends to say
You're doing well
After all this time you boys look just the same
Number two is the happy hour at one of two hotels
And settle in to play, do you remember so and so?
And number three is never say her name
And, oh, the flame trees will blind the weary driver
And there's nothing else could set fire to this town
There's no change, there's no pace, everything within it's place
Just makes it harder to believe that she won't be around
And, oh, who needs that sentimental bullshit anyway?
You know it takes more than just a memory to make me cry
And I'm happy just to sit here, at a table with old friend's
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies (ohh)
And there's a girl, she's fallin' in love, near where the pianola stands
With a young local factory out-of-worker, just holding hands
And I'm wondering if he'll go or if he'll stay
(Do you remember, nothing stopped us on the field in our) day?
Oh, the flame trees will blind the weary driver
And there's nothing else could set fire to this town
There's no change, there's no pace, everything within it's place
Just makes it harder to believe that she won't be around
Oh, the flame trees will blind the weary driver
And there's nothing else could set fire to this town
There's no change, there's no pace, everything within it's place
Just makes it harder to believe that she won't be around
only registered users can see external links
only registered users can see external links
Now here you GO again
You say you want your freedom
Well, who am I to keep you down?
It's only right that you should
Play the way you feel it
But listen carefully
To the sound of your loneliness
Like a heartbeat drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost
And what you had
And what you lost
Oh, thunder only happens when it's rainin'
Players only love you when they're playin'
Say women, they will come and they will GO
When the rain washes you clean, you'll know
You'll know
Now here I GO again
I see the crystal visions
I keep my visions to myself
It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams
And have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Dreams of loneliness
Like a heartbeat drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost
And what you had
Ooh, what you lost
Thunder only happens when it's rainin'
Players only love you when they're playin'
Women, they will come and they will GO
When the rain washes you clean, you'll know
Oh, thunder only happens when it's rainin'
Players only love you when they're playin'
Say women, they will come and they will GO
When the rain washes you clean, you'll know
You'll know
You will know
Oh, you'll know
Every time that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It went by like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way?
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay, yeah
I know nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win
Half my life's in books' written pages
Lived and learned from fools and from sages
You know it's true
All the things come back to you
Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away
Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear
Sing with me, it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away
Dream on, dream on, dream on
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream on, dream on, dream on
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream on, dream on
Dream on, dream on
Dream on, dream on
Dream on
Ah!
Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away
Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear
Sing with me, it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away
Paperback writer
Dear Sir or Madam, will you read my BOOK?
It took me years to write, will you take a look?
It's based on a novel by a man named Lear
And I need a job, so I want to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer
It's the dirty story of a dirty man
And his clinging wife doesn't understand
His son is working for the Daily Mail
It's a steady job but he wants to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer
Paperback writer
It's a thousand pages, give or take a few
I'll be writing more in a week or two
I can make it longer if you like the style
I can change it round and I want to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer
If you really like it you can have the rights
It could make a million for you overnight
If you must return it, you can send it here
But I need a break and I want to be a paperback writer
Paperback writer
Paperback writer
Paperback writer, paperback writer
Paperback writer, paperback writer
Paperback writer, paperback writer
Paperback writer, paperback writer (fade out)
It's been a long time since I rock-and-rolled
It's been a long time since I did the Stroll
Ooh, let me get it back, let me get it back
Let me get it back, baby, where I come from
It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time
Yes, it has
It's been a long time since The Book of Love
I can't count the tears of a life with no love
Carry me back, carry me back
Carry me back, baby, where I come from
Whoa, whoa, oh
It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time
Oh! Seems so long since we walked in the moonlight
Making vows that just can't work right
Oh yeah, open your arms, opens your arms
Open your arms, baby, let my love come running in!
Yeah!
It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time
Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time
only registered users can see external links
I just got out my little red BOOK
The minute that you said goodbye
I thumbed right through my little red book
I wasn't gonna sit and cry
And I went from A to Z
I took out every pretty girl in town
They danced with me
And while I held them
All I did was to talk about you
Hear your name and I start to cry
There is just no getting over you
No girl who's in my little red book
Just ever could replace your love
And each girl in my little red book
Knows you're the one I'm thinking of
Won't you please come back to me?
Without your precious love I can't go on
Where can you be?
I need you so much
All I do is to talk about you
Hear your name and I start to cry
There is just no getting over you
No, no, no
Won't you please come back to me?
Without your precious love I can't go on
Where can you be?
I need you so much
All I do is to talk about you
Hear your name and I start to cry
There is just no getting over you
No, no
All I do is to talk, talk about you
Hear your name and I start to cry
There is just no getting over you
No, no
All I do is to talk, talk, talk
Hear your name and I start to cry
There is just no getting over you
only registered users can see external links
Look what they done to my song, ma
Look what they done to my song
Well, it's the only thing that I could do half right
And it's turning out all wrong, ma
Look what they done to my song
Look what they done to my brain, ma
Look what they done to my brain
Well, they picked it like a chicken bone
And I think I'm half insane, ma
Look what they done to my song
Wish I could find a good BOOK to live in
Wish I could find a good book
Well, if I could find a real good book
I'd never have to come out and look at
What they done to my song
La la da da, da da da da
La la la la da da da da
La la la la la la, la la la la la la
Look what they done to my song
But maybe it'll all be alright, ma
Maybe it'll all be okay
Well, if the people are buying tears
I'll be rich someday, ma
Look what they done to my song
Ils ont changй ma chanson, ma
Ils ont changй ma chanson
C'est la seule chose que je peux faire
Et ce n'est pas bon, ma
Ils ont changй ma chanson
Look what they done to my song, ma
Look what they done to my song, ma
Well, they tied it up in a plastic bag
And turned it upside down, ma
Look what they done to my song
Ils ont changй ma chanson, ma
Ils ont changй ma chanson
C'est la seule chose que je peux faire
Et ce n'est pas bon, ma
Ils ont changй ma chanson
Look what they done to my song, ma
Ma, look what they done to my song
It's the only thing I could do alright
And they turned it upside down, oh ma
Look what they done to my song
only registered users can see external links
A long long time ago
I can still remember
How that music used to make me smile
And I knew that if I had one chance
I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for awhile
Did you write the BOOK of love
And do you have faith in God above
If the bible tells you so
Now do you believe in rock n roll
And can music save your mortal soul
And can it teach me how to dance real slow
Well I know that your in love with him
'Cause I saw you dancing in the gym
You both kicked off your shoes
And I did Gods rhythm and blues
I was a lonely teenage brock of luck
With a great carnation and a pick up truck
But I knew that I was out of luck
The day the music died
I started singing
Bye bye miss. american pie
Drove my chevy to the levy
But the levy was dry
And good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singing
This will be the day that I die
This will be the day that I die
I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news
But she just smiled and turned away
Well I went down to the sachet store
Where I heard the music years before
But the man there said the music wouldn't play
Well now in the streets the children screamed
The lovers cried and the poets dreamed
But not a word was spoken
The church bells all broken
And the three men I admire the most
The father, son, and the holy ghost
They caught the last train for the coast
The day the music died
I started singing
Bye bye miss. american pie
Drove my chevy to the levy
But the levy was dry
And good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singing
This will be the day that I die
This will be the day that I die
Bye bye miss. american pie
Drove my chevy to the levy
But the levy was dry
And good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singing
This will be the day that I die
This will be the day that I die
We started singing
We started singing
We started singing
We started singing
We started singing
We started singing
I wonder, wonder who, who-oo-ooh WHO (Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?)
Tell me, tell me, tell me
Oh, who wrote the BOOK Of Love?
I've got to know the answer
Was it someone from above?
(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, WHO) (Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?)
I love you darlin'
Baby, you know I do
But I've got to see this BOOK of Love
Find out why it's true
(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, WHO) (Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?)
(Chapter One says to love her)
(You love her with all your heart)
(Chapter Two you tell her you're never, never, never, never, never gonna part)
(In Chapter Three remember the meaning of romance)
(In Chapter Four you break up but you give her just one more chance))
(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, WHO) (Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?)
Baby, baby, baby
I love you, yes I do
Well it says so in this BOOK Of Love
Ours is the one that's true
(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, WHO) (Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?)
(Chapter One says to love her)
(You love her with all your heart)
(Chapter Two you tell her you're never, never, never, never, never gonna part)
(In Chapter Three remember the meaning of romance)
(In Chapter Four you break up but you give her just one more chance)
(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, WHO) (Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?)
Baby, baby, baby
I love you, yes I do
Well it says so in this BOOK Of Love
Ours is the one that's true
(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, WHO) (Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?)
I wonder who (YEAH)
Who wrote the BOOK Of Love?
Paul Simon
A winters day
In a deep and dark December
I am alone
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow
I am a rock
I am an island
I've built walls
A fortress deep and mighty
That none may penetrate
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain
I am a rock
I am an island
Don't talk of love
Well I've heard the words before
It's sleeping in my memory
I won't disturb the slumber
Of feelings that have died
If I never loved I never would have cried
I am a rock
I am an island
I have my books
And my poetry to protect me
I am shielded in my armor
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb
I touch no one and no one touches me
I am a rock
I am an island
And a rock feels no pain
And an island never cries
Well, we got no choice
All the girls and boys
Making all that noise
'Cause they found new toys
Well, we can't salute ya
Can't find a flag
If that don't suit ya
That's a drag
School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's been blown to pieces
No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks, yeah
Well, we got no class
And we got no principles
And we got no innocence
We can't even think of a word that rhymes
School's out for summer
School's out forever
My school's been blown to pieces
No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks
Out for summer
Out 'til fall
We might not come back at all
School's out forever
School's out for summer
School's out with fever
School's out completely
Ted Mulry Gang
Jump in my car, I wanna ta-ake you home
Mmm, jump in my car, it's too far to walk on your ow-own
No thank you sir-ir
Ah, c'mon, I'm a trustworthy guy
No thank you sir-ir
Oh little girl I wouldn't tell you no lie
I know your ga-ame
How can you say that, we only just met
You're all the sa-ame
Ooh, she's got me there, but I'll get her yet
I got you there-ere
No you didn't, I was catchin' my breath
And look it's startin' to rain and baby you'll catch your death
Well, I don't know-ow
Ah, come on it costs nothin' to try
And you'll arrive ho-ome nice and dry
Mmm-mmm, jump in my car, I wanna ta-ake you home
C'mon jump in my car, it's too far to walk on your ow-own
Mmm-mmm, jump in my car, I wanna ta-ake you home
C'mon jump in my car, it's too far to walk on your ow-own
Well maybe I wi-ill
Ah, that's better now, your talkin' sense
Jeepers keep still
Well, if you like I'll just put up a fence
No need to get smar-art
Well alright we'll soon be on our-our way-ay
We better start
What for?
Because it's such a long way-ay
Well, why, where d'you live
I live down south, it's roughly eighty-four mi-iles
Hey slow down, you must be jokin' there behind that cute smile
Oh, no I'm no-ot
Well, if you're not there's only one thing to say-ay
And what's tha-at?
Get out the car, get on your way
Get out of my car
But you just said tha-at you'd take me home
Well, if it's not too far-ar
But there's no way that I can get there alone
I couldn't care less
Maybe I cou-ould see you next week
But you look a me-ess
Look who's talkin', you got no right to spea-e
only registered users can see external links
Ho JUMP down, spin around, let's have a party
Look who's back, Stay Away Joe
Chock taw, chick a Shaw, gonna drink me hearty
Welcome back, Stay Away Joe
Stay Away Joe they call me
Stay Away Joe, oh yeah
But if you need me call me
Hoop and a holler and I'll be there
Ho
Who keeps turnin' up like a bad penny
Take one guess, Stay Away Joe
Always findin' trouble a-plenty
Oh my yes, I reckon you know
Stay Away Joe they call me
Stay Away Joe, oh yeah
But if you need me call me
Hoop and a holler and I'll be there
Ho
When two lips are right for the pickin'
Who crops up, Stay Away Joe
I love them and leave them screamin' 'n kickin'
Giddy up look at him look at him go
Stay Away Joe they call me
Stay Away Joe, oh yeah
But if you need me call me
Hoop and a holler and I'll be there
Hey
only registered users can see external links
In the early morning rain with a dollar in my hand
With an aching in my heart and my pockets full of sand
I'm a long way from home and I miss my loved one so
In the early morning rain with no place to go
Out on runway number nine big 707 set to go
But I'm stuck here in the grass where the cold wind blows
Now, the liquor tasted good and the women all were fast
Well, there she goes, my friend, well she's rolling down at last
Hear the mighty engines roar - see the silver bird on high
She's away and westward bound - far above the clouds she'll fly
Where the morning rain don't fall and the sun always shines
She'll be flying o'er my home in about three hours time
This old airport's got me down - it's no earthly good to me
'Cause I'm stuck here on the ground as cold and drunk as I can be
You can't JUMP a jet plane like you can a freight train
So, I'd best be on my way in the early morning rain
You can't jump a jet plane like you can a freight train
So, I'd best be on my way in the early morning rain
I got a surprise from my honey
I got a message from my girl
When she picked up a pen from the side of her and
Wrote me a scribbled note
That she was coming back to see
She was visiting real soon
Gonna get up from the long, white bed
And leave this cold white room
Wah-hooo
We was once more living together
From an all-night loving spree
Just like the morning accident
My baby, well, look at me
I saw her sweet face trembling as she tried to open her eyes
I jumped with the joy of a grateful boy the day my baby gave me a surprise
Wah-hooo
I got a surprise from my honey
I got a message from my girl
When she picked up a pen from the side of her and
Wrote me a scribbled note
I saw her sweet face trembling as she tried to open her eyes
I jumped with the joy of a grateful boy the day my baby gave me a surprise
Wah-hooo
I was born in a crossfire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas
But it's all right, I'm JUMPIN' Jack Flash
It's a gas, gas, gas
I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag
I was schooled with a strap right across my back
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas
But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's a gas, gas, gas
I was drowned, I was washed up and left for dead
I fell down to my feet and I saw they bled, yeah yeah
I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread, yeah yeah yeah
I was crowned with a spike right through my head, fuck my head
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas
But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's a gas, gas, gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you, come on
Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you, come on
In violent times, you shouldn't have to sell your soul
In black and white, they really, really ought to know
Those one-track minds that took you for a working boy
Kiss them goodbye, you shouldn't have to jump for joy
You shouldn't have to jump for joy
Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you, come on
They gave you life and in return, you gave them hell
As cold as ice, I hope we live to tell the tale
I hope we live to tell the tale
Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you
Come on
Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you
Come on
Shout, shout, let it all out
(Let it all out)
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you
Come on
And when you've taken down your guard
If I could change your mind
I'd really love to break your heart
I'd really love to break your heart
Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
(Break your heart)
Come on
(Really love to break your heart)
I'm talking to you
Come on
Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you
So come on
Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you
Come on
(They really, really ought to know)
Shout, shout, let it all out
(They really, really ought to know)
These are the things I can do without
(They really, really)
Come on
I'm talking to you
(They really, really ought to know)
Come on
Shout, shout, let it all out
(I'd really love to break your heart)
These are the things I can do without
(I'd really love to break your heart)
Come on
I'm talking to you
So come on
Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you
only registered users can see external links
I get up and nothin' gets me down
You got it tough, I've seen the toughest around
And I know, baby, just how you feel
You got to roll with the punches to get to what's real
Ah, can't you see me standin' here?
I've got my back against the record machine
I ain't the worst that you've seen
Ah, can't you see what I mean?
Ah, might as well jump (jump)
Might as well jump
Go ahead and jump (jump)
Go ahead and jump
Hello, hey you
Who said that?
Baby, how you been?
You say you don't know
You won't know until you begin
So can't you see me standing here?
I've got my back against the record machine
I ain't the worst that you've seen
Ah, can't you see what I mean?
Ah, might as well jump (jump)
Go ahead and jump
Might as well jump (jump)
Go ahead and jump
Jump
Might as well jump (jump)
Go ahead and jump
Get it and jump (jump)
Go ahead and jump
Jump
Jump
Jump
Jump
only registered users can see external links
Quick Joey Small went over the wall
With a ball an' a chain behind him
Quick Joey Small went over the wall
Send the dogs right out to find him.
In a striped prision suit with no room to move
He headed for the highway
With his chain still dragin'
He thumbed down a wagon said Well you're goin my way.
And they say now
Refrain
Run Joey, Joey run run the hounds are on your trail
JUMP-up Jump-up
Run Joey, Joey run run they're gonna send you back to jail.
Sheriff got a shotgun, he do
He'll fill you full of lead son, it's true.
He's also got a blackjack, he's mad
He'd bust your head with one wack,
Here I go now.
Run Joey, Joey run run the hounds are on your trail.
Sweet Mary Jane was goin' insane
When she heard of Joey's jail break
But she knew all the while 'cause
She sent him a file
Baked inside a fudge cake.
Sheriff Jack Banes was a light on brains
But he knew one thing for sure
He took some toughs and a pair of handcuffs
And headed straight for Mary Jane's door
Pack it up, pack it in
Let me begin
I came to win
Battle me that's a sin
I won't ever slack up
Punk you better back up
Try and play the role and yo the whole crew will act up
Get up, stand up, come on!
Come on, throw your hands up
If you've got the feeling jump up touch the ceiling
Muggs lets the funk flow, someone's talking junk
Yo, I'll bust em in the eye
And then I'll take the punk's ho
Feeling funking
Amps in the trunk
And I got more rhymes than there's cops at a "Dunkin Donuts" shop
Sure enough I got props from the kids on the Hill
Plus my mom and my pops
I came to get down [2x]
So get out your seat and JUMP around
JUMP around [3x]
JUMP up, JUMP up and get down.
JUMP [18x]
I'll serve your ass like John McEnroe
If your girl steps up, I'm smacking the ho
Word to your moms I came to drop bombs
I got more rhymes than the Bible's got Psalms
And just like the Prodigal Son I've returned
Anyone stepping to me you'll get burned
'Cause I got lyrics but you ain't got none
If you come to battle bring a shotgun
But if you do you're a fool, 'cause I duel to the death
Trying to step to me you'll take your last breath
I got the skill, come get your fill
'Cause when I shoot the gift, I shoot to kill
I came to get down [2x]
So get out your seat and jump around
Jump around [3x]
Jump up, jump up and get down.
Jump [18x]
I'm the cream of the crop, I rise to the top
I never eat a pig 'cause a pig is a cop
Or better yet a Terminator
Like Arnold Schwarzenegger
Trying to play me out like as if my name was Sega
But I ain't going out like no punk bitch
Get used to one style and yo and I might switch
It up up and around, then buck buck you down
Put out your head and then you wake up in the Dawn of the Dead
I'm coming to get ya, I'm coming to get ya
Spitting out lyrics homie I'll wet ya
I came to get down, I came to get down
So get out your seat and jump around!
I came to get down [2x]
So get out your seat and jump around
Jump around [3x]
Jump up, jump up and get down.
Jump [18x]
Jump [32x]
Yo, this is dedicated
To Joe "The Biter" Nicolo
Grab yo Bozack, punk
Your eyes tell me how you love me
Can feel it in your heart beat
I know you like what you see
Hold me, I'll give that you need
Wrap your love around me
You're so excited, I can feel you
Getting hotter, oh baby
I'll take you down, I'll take you down
Where no one's ever gone before
And if you want more, if you want more
More, more, more
Jump for my love
Jump in and feel my touch
Jump you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump for my love
Jump, I know my heart can make you happy
Jump in, you know these arms
Can feel you up
Jump, you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump for my love
You told me, I'm the only woman for you
Nobody does you like I do
Then make a move before you try and
Go much farther, oh baby
You're the one, you, you are the one
And heaven waits here at my door
And if you want more,
If you want more, more, more then
When you are next to me, oh I come alive
Your love burns inside
Feels so right
Come to me if you want me tonight jump
Jump if you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump, jump
Jump, you know my heart can
Make you happy
Jump, you know these arms can feel you up
Jump in, you want to taste my kisses
In the night then
Jump, jump for my love
--------------------------------------- added after 12 hours
Promised land - Chuck Berry
only registered users can see external links
[Verse 1]
I left my home in NORFOLK, Virginia
California on my mind
I straddled that Greyhound and rode him into Raleigh
And on across Caroline
We stopped in Charlotte but bypassed Rock Hill
We never was a minute late
We was ninety miles out of Atlanta by sundown
Rolling outta the Georgia state
We had motor trouble, it turned into a struggle
Halfway across Alabam'
And that 'hound broke down and left us all stranded
In downtown Birmingham
[Instrumental Break]
[Verse 2]
Right away, I bought me a through train ticket
Riding across Mississippi clean
And I was on that midnight flier out of Birmingham
Smoking into New Orleans
Somebody help me get out of Louisiana
Just help me get to Houston town
There are people there who care a little about me
And they won't let the poor boy down
Sure as you're born, they bought me a silk suit
Put luggage in my hand
And I woke up high over Albuquerque
On a jet to the promised land
[Instrumental Break]
[Verse 3]
Working on a T-bone steak а la carte
And flying over to the Golden State
When the pilot told us in thirteen minutes
He would set us at the terminal gate
Swing low chariot, come down easy
Taxi to the terminal zone
Cut your engines and cool your wings
And let me make it to the telephone
Los Angeles, give me Norfolk, Virginia
Tidewater four ten o nine
Tell the folks back home this is the promised land calling
And the poor boy's on the line
He looked a lot like Che Guevara
Drove a diesel van
Kept his gun in quiet seclusion
Such a humble man
The only survivor of the National People's Gang
Panic in Detroit, I asked for an autograph
He wanted to stay home, I wish someone would phone
Panic in Detroit
He laughed at accidental sirens
That broke the evening gloom
The police had warned of repercussions
They followed none too soon
A trickle of strangers were all that were left alive
Panic in Detroit, I asked for an autograph
He wanted to stay home, I wish someone would phone
Panic in Detroit
Putting on some clothes I made my way to school
I found my teacher crouching in his overalls
I screamed and ran to smash my favorite slot machine
And jumped the silent cars that slept at traffic lights
Having scored a trillion dollars
Made a run back home
Found him slumped across the table
A gun and me alone
I ran to the window. Looked for a plane or two
Panic in Detroit. He'd left me an autograph
"Let me collect dust." I wish someone would phone
Panic in Detroit
Panic in Detroit
Panic in Detroit
only registered users can see external links
Please come to BOSTON in the springtime
I'm stayin' here with some friends, and they've got lots of room
You can sell your paintings on the sidewalk
By a cafe where I hope to be workin' soon
Please come to Boston
I said, 'No, would you come home to me?'
And I said, 'Hey, ramblin' boy, now won't cha settle down?
Boston ain't your kinda town
There ain't no gold, and there ain't nobody like me
I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee'
Please come to Denver with the snowfall
We'll move up into the mountains so far that we can't be found
And throw 'I love you' echoes down the canyon
And then lie awake at night till they come back around
Please come to Denver
I said, 'No, boy, would you come home to me?'
And I said, 'Hey ramblin' boy why don't cha settle down?
Denver ain't your kinda town
There ain't no gold and there ain't nobody like me
'Cause I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee'
Now this drifter's world goes 'round and 'round
And I doubt that it's ever gonna stop
But of all the dreams I've lost or found
And all that I ain't got
I still need to cling to
Somebody I can sing to
Please come to LA to live forever
California life alone is just too hard to build
I live in a house that looks out over the ocean
And there's some stars that fell from the sky
Livin' up on the hill
Please come to LA
But I just said, 'No, boy, won't you come home to me?'
And I said, 'Hey, ramblin' boy, why don't cha settle down?
LA can't be your kinda town
There ain't no gold, and there ain't nobody like me
No, no, I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee'
'I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee'
Put on my blue suede shoes
And I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the pouring rain
W.C. Handy
Won't you look down over me
Yeah I've got a first class ticket
But I'm as blue as a boy can be
Then I'm walking in MEMPHIS
I was walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in Memphis
But do I really feel the way I feel?
Saw the ghost of Elvis
On Union Avenue
Followed him up to the gates of Graceland
Then I watched him walk right through
Now security they did not see him
They just
Hovered around his tomb
But there's a pretty little thing
Waiting for The King
Down in the Jungle Room
When I was walking in Memphis
I was walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in Memphis
But do I really feel the way I feel
They've got catfish on the table
They've got gospel in the air
And Reverend Green
Would be glad to see you
When you haven't got a prayer
But boy you've got a prayer in Memphis
Now Muriel plays piano
Every Friday at the Hollywood
And they brought me down to see her
And they asked me if I would
Do a little number
And I sang with all my might
She said
"Tell me are you a Christian child?"
And I said
"Ma'am I am tonight"
Walking in Memphis
(Walking in Memphis)
I was walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in Memphis
(Walking in Memphis)
But do I really feel the way I feel
Walking in Memphis
(Walking in Memphis)
I was walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in Memphis
(Walking in Memphis)
But do I really feel the way I feel
Put on my blue suede shoes
And I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the pouring rain
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the pouring
Rain
Just about a year ago, I set out on the road
Seekin' my fame and fortune, lookin' for a pot of gold
Things got bad, and things got worse, I guess you will know the tune
Oh, Lord, stuck in LODI again
Rode in on the Greyhound, I'll be walkin' out if I go
I was just passin' through, must be seven months or more
Ran out of time and money, looks like they took my friends
Oh, Lord, I'm stuck in Lodi again
The man from the magazine said I was on my way
Somewhere I lost connections, I ran out of songs to play
I came into town, a one night stand, looks like my plans fell through
Oh, Lord, stuck in Lodi again
Mm
If I only had a dollar, for every song I've sung
And every time I've had to play while people sat there drunk
You know, I'd catch the next train back to where I live
Oh, Lord, stuck in Lodi again
Oh, Lord, I'm stuck in Lodi again
I went back to Ohio
But my city was gone
There was no train station
There was no downtown
South Howard had disappeared
All my favorite places
My city had been pulled down
Reduced to parking spaces
Ay, oh, way to go, Ohio
Well, I went back to Ohio
But my family was gone
I stood on the back porch
There was nobody home
I was stunned and amazed
My childhood memories
Slowly swirled past
Like the wind through the trees
Ay, oh, way to go, Ohio
I went back to Ohio
But my pretty countryside
Had been paved down the middle
By a government that had no pride
The farms of Ohio
Had been replaced by shopping malls
And Muzak filled the air
From Seneca to Cuyahoga Falls
Said, ay, oh, way to go, Ohio
Took a look down a westbound road
Right away I made my choice
Headed out to my big two-wheeler
I was tired of my own voice
Took a bead on the northern plains
And just rolled that power on
Twelve hours out of MACKINAW CITY
Stopped in a bar to have a brew
Met a girl and we had a few drinks
And I told her what I'd decided to do
She looked out the window a long long moment
Then she looked into my eyes
She didn't have to say a thing
I knew what she was thinking
Roll, roll me away
Won't you roll me away tonight?
I too am lost, I feel double-crossed
And I'm sick of what's wrong and what's right
We never even said a word
We just walked out and got on that bike
And we rolled
And we rolled clean out of sight
We rolled across the high plains
Deep into the mountains
Felt so good to me
Finally feeling free
Somewhere along a high road
The air began to turn cold
She said she missed her home
I headed on alone
Stood alone on a mountain top
Staring out at the Great Divide
I could go east, I could go west
It was all up to me to decide
Just then I saw a young hawk flying
And my soul began to rise
And pretty soon
My heart was singing
Roll, roll me away
I'm gonna roll me away tonight
Gotta keep rolling, gotta keep riding
Keep searching 'til I find what's right
And as the sunset faded
I spoke to the faintest first starlight
And I said next time
Next time
We'll get it right
Roll me away
Roll me away
Roll me away
Oh
Calling out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new beat
Summer's here and the time is right
For dancing in the street
They're dancing in CHICAGO (dancing in the street)
Down in NEW ORLEANS (dancing in the street)
In NEW YORK CITY (dancing in the street)
All we need is music, sweet music
There'll be music everywhere
There'll be swinging, swaying, and records playing
Dancing in the street
Oh, it doesn't matter what you wear
Just as long as you are there
So come on, every guy, grab a girl
Everywhere around the world
They'll be dancing (dancing in the street)
They're dancing in the street (dancing in the street)
It's an invitation across the nation
A chance for folks to meet
There'll be laughing, singing, and music swinging
Dancing in the street
PHILADELPHIA, P-A (dancing in the street)
BALTIMORE and D.C. now (dancing in the street)
Can't forget the Motor City (dancing in the street)
All we need is music, sweet music
There'll be music everywhere
There'll be swinging, swaying, and records playing
Dancing in the street
Oh, it doesn't matter what you wear
Just as long as you are there
So come on, every guy, grab a girl
Everywhere around the world
They're dancing
They're dancing in the street (dancing in the street)
Way down in L.A. (dancing in the street)
Every day, they're dancing in the street (dancing in the street)
Let's form a big, strong line (dancing in the street)
Get in time, we're dancing in the street (dancing in the street)
Across the ocean blue (dancing in the street)
Me and you, we're dancing in the street
Oh, keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel
Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel
Yeah, we're going to the Roadhouse
Gonna have a real
A good time
Yeah, the back of the Roadhouse they got some bungalows
Yeah, the back of the Roadhouse they got some bungalows
And that's for the people who like to go down slow
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll
All night long
Do it, Robby, do it!
Alright !
Eeeeeh yeah !
You got to roll, roll, roll
You got to thrill my soul, all right
Roll, roll, roll, roll
To thrill my soul
You got to beep-a-gunk-a-chucha
Honk-konk-konk-kadanta
Each-ya-puna-ney-cha
Bap-pa-lula-ni-chao
Pao-pati-cha
Ni-saong-kong
Alright !
Ashen lady
Ashen lady
Give up your vows
Give up your vows
Save our city
Save our city
Right now
Well, I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer
Well, I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer
The future's uncertain and the end is always near
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll
All night long
only registered users can see external links
Midnight, gettin' uptight, where are you?
You said you'd meet me, now it's quarter to two
I know I'm hangin' but I'm still wantin' you
Hey Jack, it's a fact they're talkin' in town
I turn my back and you're messin' around
I'm not getting jealous, don't like lookin' like a clown
I think of you every night and day
You took my heart, and you took my pride away
I hate MYSELF for loving you
Can't break free from the things that you do
I wanna walk but I run back to you
That's why I hate MYSELF for loving you
Daylight, spent the night without you
But I've been dreamin' 'bout the lovin' you do
I'm over being angry 'bout the hell you put me through
Hey man, bet you can't treat me right
You just don't know what you was missin' last night
I wanna see you beggin', say, "Forget it" just for spite
I think of you every night and day
You took my heart, and you took my pride away
I hate MYSELF for loving you
Can't break free from the things that you do
I wanna walk but I run back to you
That's why I hate MYSELF for loving you
I think of you every night and day
You took my heart, and you took my pride away
I hate MYSELF for loving you
Can't break free from the things that you do
I wanna walk but I run back to you
That's why I hate MYSELF for loving you
I hate MYSELF for loving you
Can't break free from the things that you do
I wanna walk but I run back to you
That's why I hate MYSELF for loving you
Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I, I can't help but ask myself
How much I let the fear take the wheel and steer
It's driven me before
And it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal
But lately I'm
Beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
I'll be there
So if I decide to waiver my chance
To be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine
And hold my own and drive?
Oh
It's driven me before
And it seems to be the way, that everyone else gets around
But lately I'm
Beginning to find that when I drive myself, my light is found
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
I'll be there
Would you choose water over wine?
Hold the wheel and drive
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes, yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there
I'll be there
Do-do-do, do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do
Whoa-oh-oh, do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do, do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do
Who-a-oh-oh-oh-oh
only registered users can see external links
When I find MYSELF in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree
There will be an answer, let it be
For though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
There will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be, be
And when the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on me
Shinin' until tomorrow, let it be
I wake up to the sound of music, Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
And let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
only registered users can see external links
I just don't know what to do with MYSELF
Don't know just what to do with myself
I'm so used to doing everything with you
Planning everything for two
And now that we're through
I just don't know what to do with my time
I'm so lonesome for you, it's a crime
Going to a movie only makes me sad
Parties make me feel as bad
When I'm not with you
I just don't know what to do
Like a summer rose
Needs the sun and rain
I need your sweet love
To beat all the pain
I just don't know what to do with myself
I just don't know what to do with myself
Baby, if your new love ever turns you down
Come back, I will be around
Just waiting for you
I don't know what else to do
Like a summer rose
It needs the sun and rain
I need your sweet love
To beat all the pain
I don't know just what to do with myself
I don't know just what to do with myself
Baby, if your new love ever turns you down
Come on back, I will be around
Just waiting for you
I don't know what else to do, no, no, no
I don't know what else to do
I'm still so crazy for you, no, no, no, no
I don't know what else to do, no, no, no
I'm still so crazy for you
only registered users can see external links
Never win first place, I don't support the team
I can't take direction, and my socks are never clean
Teachers dated me, my parents hated me
I was always in a fight, 'cause I can't do nothing right
Every day I fight a war against the mirror
I can't take the person staring back at me
I'm a hazard to MYSELF
Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
It's bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating
Don't wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else
I wanna be somebody else, yeah
LA told me, "You'll be a pop star
All you have to change is everything you are"
Tired of being compared to damn Britney Spears
She's so pretty
That just ain't me
So doctor, doctor, won't you please prescribe me something?
A day in the life of someone else
'Cause I'm a hazard to myself
Don't let me get me (no)
I'm my own worst enemy
It's bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating (no)
Don't wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else, yeah
Don't let me get me (don't let me)
I'm my own worst enemy (oh)
It's bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating
Don't wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else
So doctor, doctor, won't you please prescribe me something?
A day in the life of someone else
Don't let me get me
Oh, I'm a hazard to myself, yeah
Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
It's bad when you annoy yourself (yourself)
So irritating (so irritating)
Don't wanna be my friend no more (don't, don't)
I wanna be somebody else
Don't let me get me (don't let, don't let)
I'm my own worst enemy (don't let me get me)
It's bad when you annoy yourself (it's bad, it's so bad)
So irritating (oh)
Don't wanna be my friend no more (ahh)
I wanna be somebody else
Don't let me get me
Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
It's bad when you annoy yourself
only registered users can see external links
On the floors of Tokyo-o
Or down in London town to go, go
A-with the record selection and the mirror's reflection
I'm a-dancing with myself
Oh, when there's no-one else in sight
A-in the crowded lonely night
Well, I wait so long for my love vibration
And I'm dancing with myself
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
When there's nothing to lose and there's nothing to prove
And I'm dancing with myself, oh, oh, uh-oh
If I looked all over the world
And there's every type of girl
But your empty eyes seem to pass me by
Leave me dancing with myself
So let's sink another drink
'Cause it'll give me time to think
If I had the chance, I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
When there's nothing to lose and there's nothing to prove
And I'm dancing with myself, oh, oh, uh-oh
Oh, oh, uh-oh, oh
Oh, oh, uh-oh
Oh, uh-uh, oh, ow!
Well, if I looked all over the world
And there's every type of girl
But your empty eyes seem to pass me by
Leave me dancing with myself
So let's sink another drink
'Cause it'll give me time to think
If I had the chance, I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
If I had the chance, I'd ask the world to dance
If I had the chance, I'd ask the world to dance
If I had the chance, I'd ask the world to dance, oh!
oh, it's all wet
(Dancing with myself, oh, oh) and I'll sweat
(Dancing with myself, oh, oh) and I'll sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat
(Dancing with myself, oh, oh) sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat
(Dancing with myself, oh, oh) sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat
(Dancing with myself, oh, oh) sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat, sweat
Oh!
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
Ow!
Oh, oh, dancing with myself
With myself
With myself
only registered users can see external links
Well, I been Meat City to see for MYSELF
Well, I been Meat City to see for myself
Been Meat City, been Meat
Just got to give me some rock 'n roll
People were dancing like there's no tomorrow
Meat City
Finger lickin', chicken pickin' Meat City shook down U.S.A.
Pig Meat City
Well, I been the mountain to see for myself
Well, I been the mountain to see for myself
Been the mountain, been the
Just got to give me some rock 'n roll
Snake doctors shakin like there's no tomorrow
Freak City
Chicken suckin', mother-truckin' Meat City shook down U.S.A.
Pig Meat City
Well, I'm gonna China to see for myself
Well, I'm gonna China to see for myself
Gonna China, gonna
Just got to give me some rock 'n roll
People were jumping like there's no tomorrow
Meat City
Finger lickin', chicken pickin' Meat City shook down U.S.A.
Pig Meat City
Well, I'm gonna China
Yes, I'm gonna China
Well, I'm gonna China
Yes, I'm gonna China, come on, woo-hoo-hoo-hoo
Yeah I am, come on
I'm gonna China
Yes, I'm gonna China
Alright
Joan Armatrading
I sit here by myself
And you know I love it
You know I don't want someone
To come pay a visit
I wanna be by myself
I came in this world alone
Me, myself, I
I wanna go to China
And to see Japan
I'd like to sail the oceans
Before the seas run dry
I wanna go by myself
I've just room enough for one
Me, myself, I
I wanna be a big shot
And have 90 cars
I wanna have a boyfriend
And a girl for laughs
But only on Saturdays
Six days to be alone
With just me, myself, I
Me, myself and I
Just me myself, I
Don't wanna be the bad guy
Don't wanna make a soul cry
It's not that I love myself
I just don't want company
Except me, myself, I
Me, myself and I
Just me, myself, I
I sit here by myself
And you know I love it
You know I don't want someone
To come pay a visit
I wanna be by myself
I came in this world alone
Me, myself, I
Me, myself, I, me, myself and I
Just me, myself, I
Rumor spreading 'round in that Texas town
About that shack outside La Grange
And you know what I'm talking about
Just let me know if you wanna go
To that home out on the range
They gotta lotta nice girls
Have mercy
A-haw haw haw-haw
Heh, a-haw haw-haw
Well, I hear it's fine if you got the time
And the ten to get yourself in
A hmm, hmm
And I hear it's tight most every night
But now I might be mistaken
Hmm, hmm, hmm
Have mercy
only registered users can see external links
You MIGHT wake up some mornin'
To the sound of something moving past your window in the wind
And if you're quick enough to rise
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow
Out on the new horizon
You may see the floating motion of a distant pair of wings
And if the sleep has left your ears
You might hear footsteps running through an open meadow
Don't be concerned, it will not harm you
It's only me pursuing somethin' I'm not sure of
Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love
You might have heard my footsteps
Echo softly in the distance through the canyons of your mind
I might have even called your name
As I ran searching after something to believe in
You might have seen me runnin'
Through the long-abandoned ruins of the dreams you left behind
If you remember something there
That glided past you followed close by heavy breathin'
Don't be concerned, it will not harm you
It's only me pursuing somethin' I'm not sure of
Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love
Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love
only registered users can see external links
I can see why you think you belong to me
I never tried to make you think or let you see one thing for yourself
But now you're off with someone else and I'm alone
You see, I thought that I might keep you for my own
Amie, what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you
For a while, maybe longer if I do
Don't you think the time is right for us to find
All the things we thought weren't proper could be right in time?
And can you see
Which way we should turn, together or alone?
I can never see what's right or what is wrong
Yeah, you take too long to see
Amie, what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you
For a while, maybe longer if I do
Well, now, Amie, what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you
For a while, maybe longer if I do
Now it's come to what you want, you've had your way
And all the things you thought before just faded into gray
And can you see
That I don't know if it's you or if it's me?
If it's one of us, I'm sure we both will see
Won't you look at me and tell me
Amie, what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you
For a while, maybe longer if I, longer if I do, yeah, now
Amie, what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you
For a while, maybe longer if I do
I keep falling in and out of love with you
Falling in and out of love with you
Don't know what I'm gonna do
I keep falling in and out of love with you
only registered users can see external links
We hear you're leaving, that's okay
I thought our little wild time had just begun
I guess you kind of scared yourself, you turn and run
But if you have a change of heart
Rikki don't lose that number
You don't want to call nobody else
Send it off in a letter to yourself
Rikki don't lose that number
It's the only one you own
You MIGHT use it if you feel better
When you get home
I have a friend in town, he's heard your name
We can go out driving on Slow Hand Row
We could stay inside and play games, I don't know
And you could have a change of heart
Rikki don't lose that number
You don't want to call nobody else
Send it off in a letter to yourself
Rikki don't lose that number
It's the only one you own
You might use it if you feel better
When you get home
You tell yourself you're not my kind
But you don't even know your mind
And you could have a change of heart
Rikki don't lose that number
You don't want to call nobody else
Send it off in a letter to yourself
Rikki don't lose that number
It's the only one you own
You might use it if you feel better
When you get home
only registered users can see external links
No matter how I try
I just can't say goodbye
No matter whay you say
looks like I'm here to stay
No matter where I go
I don't know if you know
but everywhere we been
I'm kept in quarantine
It's easy to see why
She's over six feet five
I'm only five foot two
Is there a tyre somewhere
That MIGHT take me a spare
Is there a bank in town
That might cash me a pound
Is there a place you know
Where I can open the door
It's easy to see why
She's over six feet five
I'm only five foot two
Is there a tyre somewhere
That might take me a spare
Is there a bank in town
That might cash me a pound
Is there a place you know
Where I can open the door
Oh I remember our first anniverary
It was one of those occasions where believe you me
I would rather been held ransom at the point of a gun
Then to suffer indignation for something I hadn't done
No matter how I try
I just can't say goodbye
No matter whay you say
looks like I'm here to stay
only registered users can see external links
The lights are on, but you're not home
Your mind is not your own
Your heart sweats, your body shakes
Another kiss is what it takes
You can't sleep, you can't eat
There's no doubt, you're in deep
Your throat is tight, you can't breathe
Another kiss is all you need
Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love
You see the signs, but you can't read
You're running at a different speed
Your heart beats in double time
Another kiss and you'll be mine
A one-track mind, you can't be saved
Oblivion is all you crave
If there's some left for you
You don't mind if you do
Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
You're addicted to love
You're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it
Might as well face it
Might as well face it
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
The lights are on, but you're not home
Your will is not your own
Your heart sweats, your teeth grind
Another kiss and you'll be mine
Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it
Might as well face it
Might as well face it
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
only registered users can see external links
I heard you calling on the megaphone
You wanna see me all alone
As legend has it, you
Are quite the pyro
You light the match to watch it blow
And if you'd never come for me
I MIGHT've drowned in the melancholy
I swore my loyalty to me, myself, and I (Me, myself, I)
Right before you lit my sky up
All that time, I sat alone in my tower
You were just honing your powers
Now I can see it all (See it all)
Late one night, you dug me out of my grave and
Saved my heart from the fate of
Ophelia (Ophelia)
Keep it one hundred
On the land, the sea, the sky (Land, sea)
Pledge allegiance to your hands
Your team, your vibes
Don't care where the hell you been (Been)
'Cause now, you're mine (Now)
It's 'bout to be the sleepless night
You've been dreaming of
The fate of Ophelia
The eldest daughter of a nobleman
Ophelia lived in fantasy
But love was a cold bed full of scorpions
The venom stole her sanity
And if you'd never come for me (Come for me)
I might've lingered in purgatory
You wrap around me like a chain, a crown, a vine (Chain, crown, vine)
Pulling me into the fire
All that time, I sat alone in my tower
You were just honing your powers
Now I can see it all (See it all)
Late one night, you dug me out of my grave and
Saved my heart from the fate of
Ophelia (Ophelia)
Keep it one hundred
On the land, the sea, the sky (Land, sea)
Pledge allegiance to your hands
Your team, your vibes
Don't care where the hell you been (Been)
'Cause now, you're mine (Now)
It's 'bout to be the sleepless night
You've been dreaming of
The fate of Ophelia
'Tis locked inside my memory
And only you possess the key
No longer drowning and deceived
All because you came for me
Locked inside my memory
And only you possess the key
No longer drowning and deceived
All because you came for me
All that time, I sat alone in my tower
You were just honing your powers
Now I can see it all (I can see it all)
Late one night, you dug me out of my grave and
Saved my heart from the fate of
Ophelia
Keep it one hundred
On the land, the sea, the sky (Land, the sea)
Pledge allegiance to your hands (Your hands)
Your team, your vibes
Don't care where the hell you been (Been)
'Cause now, you're mine ('Cause now)
It's 'bout to be the sleepless night
You've been dreaming of
The fate of Ophelia
You saved my heart from the fate of
Ophelia
Bob Dylan
Wanted man in California
Wanted man in Buffalo
Wanted man in Kansas City
Wanted man in Ohio
Wanted man in Mississippi
Wanted man in ol' Cheyenne
Wherever you might look tonight
You might see this wanted man
I might be in Colorado
Or Georgia by the sea
Working for some man who may not
Know who I might be
And if you ever see me coming
And if you know who I am
Don't you breathe it to nobody
'Cause you know I'm on the lamb
Wanted man by Lucy Watson
Wanted man by Jeannie Brown
Wanted man by Nellie Johnson
Wanted man in this next town
But I've had all that I wanted
Of a lot of things I've had
And a lot more than I needed
Of some things that turned out bad
I got side tracked in El Paso
Stopped to get myself a map
Went the wrong way in Juarez
With Juanita on my lap
Then I went to sleep in Shreveport
Woke up in Abilene
Wonderin' why the hell I'm wanted
At some town half way between
Wanted man in California
Wanted man in Buffalo
Wanted man in Kansas City
Wanted man in Ohio
There's somebody set to grab me
Anywhere that I might be
So wherever you might look tonight
You might get a glimpse of me
Whiskey bottles, and brand new cars
Oak tree you're in my way
There's too much coke and too much smoke
Look what's going on inside you
Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you
Angel of darkness is upon you
Stuck a needle in your arm
So take another toke, have a blow for your nose
One more drink fool, will drown you
Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you
Now they call you Prince Charming
Can't speak a word when you're full of 'ludes
Say you'll be all right come tomorrow
But tomorrow might not be here for you
Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you
Hey, you're a fool you
Stick them needles in your arm
I know I been there before
One little problem that confronts you
Got a monkey on your back
Just one more fix, Lord might do the trick
One hell of a price for you to get your kicks
Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you
Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you
Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind
People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify
Can you help me occupy my brain?
Oh yeah
I need someone to show me the things in life that I can't find
I can't see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind
Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal
And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late
The sun don't shine
The moon don't move the tides,
To wash me clean
The sun don't shine
The moon don't move the tides
To wash me clean
Why so unforgiving, and why so cold
Been a long time crossing Bridge of Sighs
Cold wind blows
The Gods look down in anger,
On this poor child
Cold wind blows
And Gods look down in anger,
On this poor child
Why so unforgiving and why so cold
Been a long time crossing Bridge of Sighs
Hello, I love you
Won't you tell me your name?
Hello, I love you
Let me jump in your game
Hello, I love you
Won't you tell me your name?
Hello, I love you
Let me jump in your game
She's walking down the street
Blind to every eye she meets
Do you think you'll be the guy
To make the queen of the angels SIGH?
Hello, I love you
Won't you tell me your name?
Hello, I love you
Let me jump in your game
Hello, I love you
Won't you tell me your name?
Hello, I love you
Let me jump in your game
She holds her head so high
Like a statue in the sky
Her arms are wicked, and her legs are long
When she moves my brain screams out this song
Sidewalk crouches at her feet
Like a dog that begs for something sweet
Do you hope to make her see you, fool?
Do you hope to pluck this dusky jewel?
Hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello
I want you
Hello
I need my baby
Hello, hello, hello, hello
only registered users can see external links
Stuck inside these four walls
Sent inside forever
Never seeing no one nice again
Like you, mama
You, mama
You
If I ever get out of here
Thought of giving it all away
To a registered charity
All I need is a pint a day
If I ever get out of here
(If we ever get out of here)
Well, the rain exploded with a mighty crash
As we fell into the sun
And the first one said to the second one there
"I hope you're having fun."
Band on the run, band on the run
And the jailer man
And sailor Sam
Were searching everyone
For the band on the run, band on the run
For the band on the run, band on the run
Well, the undertaker drew a heavy SIGH
Seeing no one else had come
And a bell was ringing in the village square
For the rabbits on the run
Band on the run, band on the run
And the jailer man
And sailor Sam
Were searching everyone
For the band on the run, band on the run
Yeah, the band on the run
The band on the run
Band on the run
Band on the run
Well, the night was falling
As the desert world began to settle down
In the town they're searching for us everywhere
But we never will be found
Band on the run, band on the run
And the county judge, who held a grudge
Will search for ever more
For the band on the run
Band on the run
Band on the run
Band on the run
only registered users can see external links
Just you know why
Why you and I
Will bye and bye
Know true love ways
Sometimes we'll SIGH
Sometimes we'll cry
And we'll know why just you and I know true love ways
Throughout the days our true love ways
Will bring us joys to share with those who really care
Sometimes we'll sigh
Sometimes we'll cry
And we'll know why just you and I know true love ways
Throughout the days our true love ways
Will bring us joys to share with those who really care
Sometimes we'll sigh
Sometimes we'll cry
And we'll know why just you and I know true love ways
only registered users can see external links
I can almost hear you SIGH
I can almost hear you cry
On every crowded street
All the places we would meet
What'll I do without you
They say that life goes on
I'm feeling sorry for myself
I can't believe you're gone
And you acted much too calm
Turned on all the charm
You had a cold look in your eyes
And I feel your tongue on mine
Silky smooth like wine
I'm living with these memories
It's all that's left of you and me
I can almost hear you SIGH
Almost hear you cry
When you made sweet love to me
And you turned on all the charm
Acted much too calm
You had a cold look in your eyes
Did it mean nothing
Was it all in vain
Or was I just your fool
Or was the pleasure pain
And have you set me free
Or will I wake up in the morning
And find out it's been a bad dream
Come on, I beg you
I wanna be your main man
I can almost hear you SIGH
Almost hear you cry
When you make sweet love to me
I can almost see your smile
It stretched half a mile
You had a stone cold look in your eyes
Come on
Almost see you there
I don't need no photograph
Come on, come on, girl
Nothing left to say now
Can't believe
Can't believe you go
I just can't believe
Can't believe you go
Come on, baby, yeah
only registered users can see external links
My love is warmer than the warmest sunshine
Softer than a SIGH
My love is deeper than the deepest ocean
Wider than the sky
My love is brighter than the brightest star
That shines every night above
There is nothing in this world
That could ever change my love
Ah, something happened to my heart
The day that I met you
Something that I never felt before
You are always on my mind
No matter what I do
And every day it seems I want you more
My love is warmer than the warmеst sunshine
Softer than a sigh
My lovе is deeper than the deepest ocean
Wider than the sky
My love is brighter than the brightest star
That shines every night above
There is nothing in this world
That could ever change my love
Once I thought that love was meant
For anyone else but me
Once I thought you'd never come my way
Well, now it only goes to show
How wrong we all can be
For now I have to tell you every day
My love is warmer than the warmest sunshine
Softer than a sigh
My love is deeper than the deepest ocean
Wider than the sky
My love is brighter than the brightest star
That shines every night above
There is nothing in this world
That could ever change my love
My love is warmer than the warmest sunshine
Softer than a sigh
My love is deeper than the deepest ocean
Wider than the sky
My love is brighter than the brightest star
That shines every night above
There is nothing in this world
That could ever change my love
only registered users can see external links
There are times when a woman has to say what's on her mind
Even though she knows how much it's gonna hurt
Before I say another word, let me tell you "I love you"
Let me hold you close, and say these words as gently as I can
"There's been another man that I've needed, and I've loved
But that doesn't mean I love you less
And he knows he can't possess me, and he knows he never will
There's just this empty place inside of me that only he can fill"
Torn BETWEEN two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving you both is breaking all the rules
You mustn't think you failed me just because there's someone else
You were the first real love I ever had
And all the things I ever said, I swear they still are true
For no one else can have the part of me I gave to you
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving you both is breaking all the rules
I couldn't really blame you if you turned and walked away
But with everything I feel inside, I'm asking you to stay
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving you both is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool-
only registered users can see external links
Once in your life you find her
Someone that turns your heart around
And next thing you know you're closing down the town
Wake up and it's still with you
Even though you left her way 'cross town
Wondering to yourself, "Hey! What've I found?"
When you get caught BETWEEN the moon and New York City
I know it's crazy, but it's true
If you get caught between the moon and New York City
The best that you can do
The best that you can do
Is fall in love
Arthur, he does as he pleases
All of his life, his master's toys
Deep in his heart, he's just, he's just a boy
Living his life one day at a time
And showing himself a pretty good time
Laughing about the way they want him to be
When you get caught between the moon and New York City
I know it's crazy, but it's true
If you get caught between the moon and New York City
The best that you can do (The best that you can do)
The best that you can do
Is fall in love
When you get caught between the moon and New York City
I know it's crazy, but it's true
If you get caught between the moon and New York City
The best that you can do (The best that you can do)
The best that you can do
Is fall in love
When you get caught between the moon and New York City
I know it's crazy, but it's true
If you get caught between the moon and New York City
The best that you can do (The best that you can do)
The best that you can do
Is fall in love
When you get caught between the moon and New York City
I know it's crazy, but it's true
only registered users can see external links
When I need you
I just close my eyes and I'm with you
And all that I so wanna give you
It's only a heartbeat away
When I need love
I hold out my hands and I touch love
I never knew there was so much love
Keeping me warm night and day
Miles and miles of empty space in BETWEEN us
The telephone can't take the place of your smile
But you know I won't be travelin' forever
It's cold out, but hold out, and do like I do
When I need you
I just close my eyes and I'm with you
And all that I so wanna give you, babe
It's only a heartbeat away
It's not easy when the road is your driver
Honey that's a heavy load that we bear
But you know I won't be traveling a lifetime
It's cold out, but hold out, and do like I do
Oh, I need you
When I need love
I hold out my hands and I touch love
I never knew there was so much love
Keeping me warm night and day
When I need you
I just close my eyes
And you're right here by my side
Keeping me warm night and day
I just hold out my hands
I just hold out my hand
And I'm with you darlin'
Yes, I'm with you darlin'
All I wanna give you
It's only a heartbeat away
Oh, I need you darling
Baby, when I met you
There was peace unknown
I set out to get you
With a fine-tooth comb
I was soft inside
There was something going on
You do something to me
That I can't explain
Hold me closer and I feel no pain
Every beat of my heart
We got something going on
Tender love is blind
It requires a dedication
All this love we feel
Needs no conversation
We ride it together, ah-ha
Making love with each other, ah-ha
Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in-BETWEEN
How can we be wrong?
Sail away with me
To another world
And we rely on each other, ah-ha
From one lover to another, ah-ha
I can't live without you
If the love was gone
Everything is nothing
If you got no one
And you just walk in the night
Slowly losing sight of the real thing
But that won't happen to us
And we got no doubt
Too deep in love and we got no way out
And the message is clear
This could be the year for the real thing
No more will you cry
Baby, I will hurt you never
We start and end as one
In love forever
We can ride it together, ah-ha
Making love with each other, ah-ha
Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in-BETWEEN
How can we be wrong?
Sail away with me
To another world
And we rely on each other, ah-ha
From one lover to another, ah-ha
Sail away
Ooh, come sail away with me
Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in-BETWEEN
How can we be wrong?
Sail away with me
To another world
And we rely on each other, ah-ha
From one lover to another, ah-ha
Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in-BETWEEN
How can we be wrong?
Sail away with me
To another world
And we rely on each other, ah-ha
From one lover to another, ah-ha
Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in-BETWEEN
Conversion, software version 7.0
Looking at life through the eyes of a tire hub
Eating seeds as a pastime activity
The toxicity of our city, of our city
New, what do you own the world?
How do you own disorder, disorder?
Now somewhere between the sacred silence
Sacred silence and sleep
Somewhere between the sacred silence and sleep
Disorder, disorder, disorder
More wood for their fires, loud neighbors
Flashlight reveries caught in the headlights of a truck
Eating seeds as a pastime activity
The toxicity of our city, of our city
New, what do you own the world?
How do you own disorder, disorder?
Now somewhere between the sacred silence
Sacred silence and sleep
Somewhere between the sacred silence and sleep
Disorder, disorder, disorder
New, what do you own the world?
How do you own disorder?
Now somewhere between the sacred silence
Sacred silence and sleep
Somewhere between the sacred silence and sleep
Disorder, disorder, disorder!
When I became the sun, I shone life into the man's hearts
When I became the sun, I shone life into the man's hearts
There is freedom within
There is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead
Many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road
While you're traveling with me
Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall BETWEEN us
We know they won't win
Now I'm towing my car
There's a hole in the roof
My possessions are causing me suspicion but there's no proof
In the paper today
Tales of war and of waste
But you turn right over to the T.V. page
Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall BETWEEN us
We know they won't win
Now I'm walking again
To the beat of a drum
And I'm counting the steps to the door of your heart
Only shadows ahead
Barely clearing the roof
Get to know the feeling of liberation and release
Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall BETWEEN us
You know they won't win
Don't let them win
Hey now, hey now
Hey now, hey now
Hey now, hey now
Don't let them win
They come, they come
Don't let them win
Hey now, hey now (yeah)
Hey now, hey now
It didn’t matter who it was nor the time of the day nor the day of the week nor the week of the month nor the month of the year (1984), every single Pinay “girlfriend” who came in with her beau would pick that very song, each and every time!
only registered users can see external links
Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
Once I had a love and it was divine
Soon found out I was losing my mind
It seemed like the real thing but I was so blind
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
In BETWEEN
What I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine
Love is so confusing there's no peace of mind
If I fear I'm losing you it's just no good
You teasing like you do
Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
Lost inside
Adorable illusion and I cannot hide
I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside
We could've made it cruising, yeah
Yeah, riding high on love's true bluish light
Once I had a love and it was a gas
[album version:] Soon turned out to be a pain in the ass
[radio version:] Soon turned out I had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind
[radio version additional verse:]
In between
What I find is pleasing and I'm feeling fine
Love is so confusing there's no peace of mind
If I fear I'm losing you it's just no good
You teasing like you do
only registered users can see external links
How can I think I'm standing strong?
Yet feel the air beneath my feet
How can happiness feel so wrong?
How can misery feel so sweet?
How can you let me watch you sleep?
Then break my dreams the way you do
How can I have got in so deep?
Why did I fall in love with you?
This is the closest thing to crazy
I have ever been
Feeling twenty-two, acting seventeen
This is the nearest thing to crazy
I have ever known
I was never crazy on my own
And now I know
That there's a link BETWEEN the two
Being close to craziness, and being close to you
How can you make me fall apart?
Then break my fall with loving lies
It's so easy to break a heart
It's so easy to close your eyes
How can you treat me like a child?
Yet like a child I yearn for you
How can anyone feel so wild?
How can anyone feel so blue?
This is the closest thing to crazy
I have ever been
Feeling twenty-two, acting seventeen
This is the nearest thing to crazy
I have ever known
I was never crazy on my own
And now I know
That there's a link between the two
Being close to craziness, and being close to you
And being close to you
And being close to you
only registered users can see external links
We are secrets to each other
Each one's life a novel
No-one else has read
Even joined in bonds of love
We're linked to one another
By such slender threads
We are planets to each other
Drifting in our orbits
To a brief eclipse
Each of us a world apart
Alone and yet together
Like two passing ships
Just BETWEEN us
I think it's time for us to recognize
The differences we sometimes feared to show
Just BETWEEN us
I think it's time for us to realize
The spaces in BETWEEN
Leave room
For you and I to grow
We are strangers to each other
Full of sliding panels
An illusion show
Acting well-rehearsed routines
Or playing from the heart?
It's hard for one to know
Just BETWEEN us
I think it's time for us to recognize
The differences we sometimes feared to show
Just BETWEEN us
I think it's time for us to realize
The spaces in BETWEEN
Leave room
For you and I to grow
We are islands to each other
Building hopeful bridges
On a troubled sea
Some are burned or swept away
Some we would not choose
But we're not always free
Just BETWEEN us
I think it's time for us to recognize
The differences we sometimes feared to show
Just BETWEEN us
I think it's time for us to realize
The spaces in BETWEEN
Leave room
For you and I to grow
Little ditty about Jack and Diane
Two American kids growin' up in the heartland
Jackie gonna be a football star
Diane's debutante backseat of Jackie's car
Suckin' on a chili dog
Outside the Tastee Freez
Diane's sittin' on Jackie's lap
He's got his hand BETWEEN her knees
Jackie say, hey, Diane
Let's run off behind a shady trees
Dribble off those Bobby Brooks
Let me do what I please
Say a
Oh yeah, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone
Say a
Oh yeah, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone
They walk on
Jackie sits back
Collects his thoughts for a moment
Scratches his head
And does his best James Dean
Well you know, Diane
We oughta run off to the city
Diane says, baby
You ain't missin' nuth-in
Jackie, say-a
Oh yeah, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone
Oh yeah, I say, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone
Gonna let it rock
Let it roll
Let the Bible Belt come
And save my soul
Holdin' on to sixteen as long as you can
Changes come around real soon
Make us women and men
Oh yeah, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone
Oh yeah, I say, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin' is gone
Little ditty about Jack and Diane
Two American kids doin' the best they can
I can't get to sleep
I think about the implication
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications
Especially at night
I worry over situations
I know will be alright
Perhaps it's just imagination
Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away
Alone between the sheets
Only brings exasperation
It's time to walk the streets
Smell the desperation
At least there's pretty lights
And though there's little variatios
It nullifies the night
From overkill
Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat, shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away
Come back another day
I can't get to sleep
I think about the implications
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications
Especially at night
I worry over situations that
I know will be alright
It's just overkill
Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away
Ghosts appear and fade away
Ghosts appear and fade away
Day after day, love turns grey (some of your professions have just arrived)
Like the skin of a dying man
And night after night, we pretend it's all right
But I have grown older and you have grown colder
And nothing is very much fun anymore
And I can feel one of my turns coming on
I feel cold as razor blade, tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum
Run to the bedroom, in the suitcase on the left you'll find my favourite axe
Don't look so frightened, this is just a passing phase one of my bad days
Would you like to watch TV? Or get between the sheets?
Or contemplate the silent freeway?
Would you like something to eat?
Would you like to learn to fly?
Would you, would you like to see me try?
Oh! Oh, no
Would you like to call the cops?
Do you think it's time I stopped?
Why are you running away?
One of these nights
One of these crazy old nights
We're gonna find out
Pretty mama
What turns on your lights
The full moon is calling
The fever is high
And the wicked wind whispers
And moans
You got your demons
And you got desires
Well, I got a few of my own
Oh, someone to be kind to
In-between the dark and the light
Oh, coming right behind you
Swear I'm gonna find you
One of these nights
One of these dreams
One of these lost and lonely dreams now
We're gonna find one
One that really screams
I've been searching for the daughter
Of the devil himself
I've been searching for an angel in white
I've been waiting for a woman who's a little
Of both
And I can feel her but she's nowhere
In sight
Oh, loneliness will blind you
In-between the wrong and the right
Oh, coming right behind you
Swear I'm gonna find you
One of these nights
One of these nights
In-between the dark and the light
Coming right behind you
Swear I'm gonna find you
Get you, baby, one of these nights
One of these nights
One of these nights
I can feel you
I can feel
One of these nights
Coming right behind you
Swear I'm gonna find you now
One of these nights
And it gets so dark, so dark
And cold and lonely
One of these nights
One of these crazy, crazy, crazy nights
One of these nights
Swear I'm gonna find you
Coming right behind you now
One of these nights
Ooh ooh
One of these nights
Ah and I wanna say ah!
One of these nights
Ah one of these one of these
One of these nights
Ah coming right behind you
Swear I'm gonna find you
One of these nights
One of these nights
One of these crazy old nights
One of these nights
-------------------------------------- added after 3 hours
Martha and the Vandellas, HEAT WAVE
Whenever I'm with him
Something inside
Starts to burning
And I'm filled with desire
Could it be a devil in me
Or is this the way love's supposed to be?
It's like a heat WAVE
Burning in my heart (It's like a heat WAVE)
I can't keep from crying (It's like a heat WAVE)
It's tearing me apart
Whenever he calls my name
Soft, low, sweet, and plain
Right then, right there, I feel that burning flame
Has high blood pressure got a hold on me
Or is this the way love's supposed to be?
It's like a heat WAVE
Burning in my heart (It's like a heat WAVE )
I can't keep from crying (It's like a heat WAVE)
It's tearing me apart
Ooh, heat WAVE
Ooh, heat WAVE
Sometimes I stare in space
Tears all over my face
I can't explain it, don't understand it
I ain't never felt like this before
Now that funny feeling has me amazed
Don't know what to do, my head's in a haze
It's like a heat WAVE
Burning in my heart (It's like a heat WAVE)
I can't keep from crying (It's like a heat WAVE )
It's tearing me apart
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
(But it's all right, girl)
(Go ahead, girl)
Yeah, yeah
(Well, it's all right, girl)
(Can't miss it, that's love, girl)
I feel it burning
(Don't pass up this chance)
Right here in my heart
(It sounds like a true romance)
Don't you know it's like a heat WAVE?
...
only registered users can see external links
To lead a better life, I need my love to be here
Here, making each day of the year
Changing my life with a WAVE of her hand
Nobody can deny that there's something there
There, running my hands through her hair
Both of us thinking how good it can be
Someone is speaking, but she doesn't know he's there
I want her everywhere
And if she's beside me, I know I need never care
But to love her is to need her everywhere
Knowing that love is to share
Each one believing that love never dies
Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there
I want her everywhere
And if she's beside me, I know I need never care
But to love her is to need her everywhere
Knowing that love is to share
Each one believing that love never dies
Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there
I will be there and everywhere
Here, there, and everywhere
Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care
Leave, but don't leave me
Look around
Choose your own ground
Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be
Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down
It's time to dig another one
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave
Catch a Wave ~ The Beach Boys
only registered users can see external links
Catch a WAVE and you're sitting on top of the world
Don't be afraid to try the greatest sport around (catch a WAVE, catch a WAVE)
Everybody tries it once
Those who don't just have to put it down
You paddle out, turn around and raise
And, baby, that's all there is to the coastline craze
You gotta catch a WAVE and you're sittin' on top of the world
Not just a fad 'cause it's been going on so long (catch a WAVE, catch a WAVE)
All the surfers going strong
They said it wouldn't last too long
They'll eat their words with a fork and spoon, and watch 'em
They'll hit the road and all be surfin' soon
And when they catch a WAVE they'll be sittin' on top of the world
Catch a WAVE and your sittin' on top of the world
So take a lesson from a top-notch surfer boy (catch a WAVE, catch a WAVE)
(Get yourself a big board)
But don't treat it like a toy
Just get away from the shady turf
And, baby, go catch some rays on the sunny surf
And when you catch a WAVE you'll be sittin' on top of the world
Catch a WAVE, you'll be sittin' on top of the world
Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air
You better watch out
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Jordan, I have seen
Things are not what they seem
What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?
Meek and obedient, you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors, into the valley of steel
What a surprise!
A look of terminal shock in your eyes
Now things are really what they seem
No, this is not a bad dream
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green He leadeth me the silent waters by
With bright knives He releaseth my soul
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places
He converteth me to lamb cutlets
For lo, He hath great power, and great hunger
When cometh the day we lowly ones
Through quiet reflection and great dedication master the art of karate
Lo, we shall rise up and then we'll make the bugger's eyes water
Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream
Yeah, ha-ha-ha
Wave upon wave of demented avengers
March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream
Have you heard the news?
The dogs are dead
You better stay home and do as you're told
Get out of the road if you wanna grow old
only registered users can see external links
Catch a WAVE and you're sitting on top of the world
Don't be afraid to try the greatest sport around (catch a wave, catch a wave)
Everybody tries it once
Those who don't just have to put it down
You paddle out, turn around and raise
And, baby, that's all there is to the coastline craze
You gotta catch a wave and you're sittin' on top of the world
Not just a fad 'cause it's been going on so long (catch a wave, catch a wave)
All the surfers going strong
They said it wouldn't last too long
They'll eat their words with a fork and spoon, and watch 'em
They'll hit the road and all be surfin' soon
And when they catch a wave they'll be sittin' on top of the world
Catch a wave and your sittin' on top of the world
So take a lesson from a top-notch surfer boy (catch a wave, catch a wave)
(Get yourself a big board)
But don't treat it like a toy
Just get away from the shady turf
And, baby, go catch some rays on the sunny surf
And when you catch a wave you'll be sittin' on top of the world
Catch a wave, you'll be sittin' on top of the world
only registered users can see external links
When I see my baby, what do I see
Poetry, poetry in motion
Poetry in motion, walkin' by my side
Her lovely locomotion keeps my eyes open wide
Poetry in motion, see her gentle sway
A WAVE out on the ocean could never move that way
I love every movement
There's nothing I would change
She doesn't need improvement
She's much too nice to rearrange
Poetry in motion, dancing close to me
A flower of devotion a-swaying gracefully
Oh, a-whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
A-whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
A-whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
Whoa
Poetry in motion, see her gentle sway
A wave out on the ocean could never move that way
I love every movement
There's nothing I would change
She doesn't need improvement
She's much too nice to rearrange
Poetry in motion, all that I adore
No number nine love potion could make me love her more
Oh, a-whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
A-whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
A-whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
A-whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
only registered users can see external links
[Chester Bennington (Mike Shinoda):]
Graffiti decorations
Under a sky of dust
A constant wave of tension
On top of broken trust
The lessons that you taught me
I learn were never true
Now I find myself in question
(They point the finger at me again)
Guilty by association
(You point the finger at me again)
[Chester Bennington:]
I wanna run away
Never say goodbye
I wanna know the truth
Instead of wondering why
I wanna know the answers
No more lies
I wanna shut the door
And open up my mind
[Chester Bennington (Mike Shinoda):]
Paper bags and angry voices
Under a sky of dust
Another wave of tension
Has more than filled me up
All my talk of taking action
These words were never true
Now I find myself in question
(They point the finger at me again)
Guilty by association
(You point the finger at me again)
[Chester Bennington:]
I wanna run away
Never say goodbye
I wanna know the truth
Instead of wondering why
I wanna know the answers
No more lies
I wanna shut the door
And open up my mind
[Chester Bennington (Mike Shinoda):]
I'm gonna run away and never say goodbye
(gonna run away, gonna run away, gonna run away, gonna run away)
I'm gonna run away and never wonder why
(gonna run away, gonna run away, gonna run away, gonna run away)
I'm gonna run away and open up my mind
(gonna run away, gonna run away)
Mind!
(gonna run away, gonna run away)
Mind!
(gonna run away, gonna run away)
Mind!
(gonna run away, gonna run away)
[Chester Bennington:]
I wanna run away
Never say goodbye
I wanna know the truth
Instead of wondering why
I wanna know the answers
No more lies
I wanna shut the door
And open up my mind
I wanna run away
And open up my mind
I wanna run away
And open up my mind
I wanna run away
And open up my mind
I wanna run away
And open up my mind
only registered users can see external links
Say it's true
There's nothing like me and you
I'm not alone
Tell me you feel it too
And I would RUN AWAY
I would run away, yeah, yeah
I would run away
I would run away with you
'Cause I have fallen in love with you
No, never
I'm never gonna stop falling in love with you
Close the door
Lay down upon the floor
And by candlelight
Make love to me through the night (through the night)
'Cause I have run away
I have run away, yeah, yeah
I have run away, run away
I have run away with you
'Cause I have fallen in love (fallen in love) with you
No, never
I'm never gonna stop falling in love with you
With you
And I would run away
I would run away, yeah, yeah
I would run away (run away)
I would run away with you
'Cause I have fallen in love (fallen in love) with you
No, never
I'm never gonna stop falling in love with you
I've fallen in love (fallen in love) with you
No, never
I'm never gonna stop falling in love with you
With you, my love, with you
Del Shannon
As I walk along, I wonder
What went wrong with our love
A love that was so strong
And as I still walk on, I think of
The things we've done together
While our hearts were young
I'ma walkin' in the rain
Tears are fallin' and I feel the pain
Wishin' you were here by me
To end this misery
I wonder
I wo-wo-wo wonder
Why... why-why-why-why-why
She ran away
And I wonder where she will stay
My little runaway
I run-run-run-run runaway
I'ma walkin' in the rain
Tears are fallin' and I feel the pain
Wishin' you were here by me
To end this misery
I wonder
I wo-wo-wo wonder
Why... why-why-why-why-why
She ran away
And I wonder where she will stay
My little runaway
I run-run-run-run runaway
I run-run-run-run runaway
I run-run-run-run runaway
On the street where you live girls talk about their social lives
They're made of lipstick, plastic and paint, a touch of sable in their eyes
(All your life)
All your life all you've asked when's your daddy gonna talk to you
But you were living in another world trying to get your message through
No one heard a single word you said
They should have seen it in your eyes
What was going around your head (ooh-ooh)
Ooh, she's a little RUNAWAY
Daddy's girl learned fast
All those things she couldn't say
Ooh, she's a little RUNAWAY
Take a line every night guaranteed to blow your mind
I see you out on the streets, calling for a wild time
So you sit home alone 'cause there's nothing left that you can do
There's only pictures hung in the shadows left there to look at you
You know she likes the lights at night on the neon Broadway signs
She don't really mind, it's only love she hoped to find (ooh-ooh)
Ooh, she's a little RUNAWAY
Daddy's girl learned fast
All those things she couldn't say
Ooh, she's a little RUNAWAY
No one heard a single word you said
They should have seen it in your eyes (seen it in your eyes)
What was going around your head
Ooh, she's a little RUNAWAY
Daddy's girl learned fast
All those things she couldn't say
Ooh, she's a little RUNAWAY
Daddy's girl learned fast
Now she works the night away
Oh, she's a little RUNAWAY
Run, run, run, run, run, a little RUNAWAY
(Daddy's girl learned fast)
(All those things she couldn't say)
Ooh, she's a little RUNAWAY
Run, run, run, run, run, a little RUNAWAY
(Daddy's girl learned fast)
(Now she works the night away)
only registered users can see external links
We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
Built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
Say you don't know me or recognize my face
Say you don't care who goes to that kind of place
Knee deep in the hoopla, sinking in your fight
Too many RUNAWAYS eating up the night
Marconi plays the mambo, listen to the radio
Don't you remember?
We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
Built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
Someone's always playing corporation games
Who cares, they're always changing corporation names
We just want to dance here, someone stole the stage
They call us irresponsible, write us off the page
Marconi plays the mambo, listen to the radio
Don't you remember?
We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
Built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
It's just another Sunday
In a tired old street
Police have got the choke hold, oh
Then we just lost the beat
Who counts the money underneath the bar?
Who rides the wrecking ball into our guitars?
Don't tell us you need us 'cause we're the ship of fools
Looking for America, coming through your schools
(I'm looking out over that Golden Gate bridge on another gorgeous sunny Saturday and I'm seein' that bumper to bumper traffic.)
Don't you remember? (remember)
(Here's your favorite radio station, in your favorite radio city, the city by the bay, the city that rocks, the city that never sleeps.)
Marconi plays the mambo, listen to the radio
Don't you remember?
We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
Built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
Built this city (oh)
We built this city on rock and roll
Built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
(We built, we built this city) built this city (we built, we built this city)
(We built, we built this city) built this city (we built, we built this city)
(We built, we built this city) built this city (we built, we built this city)
(We built, we built this city) built this city (we built, we built this city)
Run RUNAWAY
Hold on
[Verse 1]
I like black and white
Dreaming of black and white
You like black and white
Run, runaway
See chameleon
Lying there in the sun
All thanks to everyone
Run, runaway (Hey)
[Verse 2]
If you're in the swing
Money ain't everything
If you're in the swing
Run, runaway
See chameleon
Lying there in the sun
All thanks to everyone
Run, runaway (Hey)
[Verse 3]
If you got a crush
Don't beat about the bush
When I got a crush
Run, runaway
See chameleon
Lying there in the sun
All thanks to everyone
Run, runaway (Woo)
See Slade Live
Get tickets as low as $65
You might also like
Habits
Eminem & White Gold
THE HEART PART 6
Drake
Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me?
Taylor Swift
[Interlude]
Hey, yeah
[Verse 4]
Oh, now can't you wait?
Love don't come on a plate
Oh, now can't you wait?
Run, runaway
See the chameleon
Lying there in the sun
All thanks to everyone
Run, runaway (Hey)
[Outro]
Run, runaway
Run, runaway
Run, runaway
Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun
Shine on you crazy diamond
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky
Shine on you crazy diamond
You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom
Blown on the steel breeze
Come on you target for faraway laughter
Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon
Shine on you crazy diamond
Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light
Shine on you crazy diamond
Well you wore out your welcome with random precision
Rode on the steel breeze
Come on you raver, you seer of visions
Come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!
Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far
Shine on you crazy diamond
Pile on many more layers and I'll be joining you there
Shine on you crazy diamond
And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph
Sail on the steel breeze
Come on you boy child, you winner and loser
Come on you miner for truth and delusion, and shine
only registered users can see external links
She would never say where she came from
Yesterday don't matter if it's gone
While the sun is bright
Or in the darkest night
No one knows
She comes and goes
Goodbye, RUBY Tuesday
Who could hang a name on you?
When you change with every new day
Still I'm gonna miss you
Don't question why she needs to be so free
She'll tell you it's the only way to be
She just can't be chained
To a life where nothing's gained
And nothing's lost
At such a cost
Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday
Who could hang a name on you?
When you change with every new day
Still I'm gonna miss you
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say
"Catch your dreams before they slip away
Dying all the time
Lose your dreams
And you will lose your mind
Ain't life unkind?"
Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday
Who could hang a name on you?
When you change with every new day
Still I'm gonna miss you
Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday
Who could hang a name on you?
When you change with every new day
Still I'm gonna miss you
only registered users can see external links
When they gave out eyes like DIAMONDS
That would shame the stars that shine
My darlin', my darlin'
You were the first in line
When they gave out lips like honey
That hold a new thrill every time
My darlin', my darlin'
You were the first in line
There may be others that know you longer
Who pledge their hearts to you
But there's no other could love you stronger
Any stronger than I do
Don't refuse me, say you'll choose me
I am yours, oh, please be mine
My darlin', say I'm your darlin'
The first and the last in line
There may be others that know you longer
Who pledge their hearts to you
But there's no other could love you stronger
Any stronger than I do
Don't refuse me, say you'll choose me
I am yours, oh, please be mine
My darlin', say I'm your darlin'
The first and the last in line
only registered users can see external links
And the sky was made of AMETHYST
And all the stars were just like little fish
You should learn when to go
You should learn how to say "No"
Might last a day, yeah
Mine is forever
Might last a day, yeah
Mine is forever
When they get what they want
And they never want it again
When they get what they want
And they never want it again
Go on, take everything
Take everything, I want you to
Go on, take everything
Take everything, I want you to
And the sky was all violet
I want it again, but violent, more violent
Yeah, I'm the one with no soul
One above and one below
Might last a day, yeah
Mine is forever
Might last a day, yeah
Mine is forever
When they get what they want
And they never want it again
When they get what they want
And they never want it again
Go on, take everything
Take everything, I want you to
Go on, take everything
Take everything, I dare you to
Well, I told you from the start
Just how this would end
When I get what I want
And I never want it again
Go on, take everything
Take everything, I want you to
Go on, take everything
Take everything, I want you to
It's my lie
You're mine, you're mine
Go on, take everything
Take everything, I want you to
Go on, take everything
Take everything, I want you to
Go on, take everything
Take everything, I want you to
Go on, take everything
Take everything
Take everything
Take everything
only registered users can see external links
See the girl with cymbals on her fingers
Entering through the door
RUBY glistening from her navel
Shimmering around the floor
Bells on feet go ting-a ling-a linging
Going through my head
Sweat is falling just-a like-a tear drops
Running from her head
Now she's dancing, going through the movements
Swaying to and fro
Body moving, bringing back a memory
Thoughts of long ago
Blood is rushing, temperature is rising
Sweating from my brow
Like a snake, her body fascinates me
I can't look away now
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
Now she's moving all around the tables
Luring all in sight
But I know that she cannot see me
Hidden by the light
Closer, closer, she is getting nearer
Soon she'll be in reach
As I enter into a spotlight
She stands lost for speech
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
[Break]
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
Now I hold her, people are staring
Don't know what to think
And we struggle knocking over tables
Spilling all the drinks
Can't they understand that I want her
Happens every week
Heavy hand upon my collar
Throws me in the street
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Give me time to breathe
Stop, stop, stop all the dancing
Or I'll have to leave
You've painted up your lips and rolled and curled your tinted hair
TUBY, are you contemplating going out somewhere?
The shadow on the wall tells me the sun is going down
Oh, RUBY
Don't take your love to town
It wasn't me that started that old crazy Asian war
But I was proud to go and do my patriotic chore
And yes, it's true that I'm not the man I used to be
Oh, RUBY
I still need some company
It's hard to love a man whose legs are bent and paralyzed
And the wants and the needs of a woman your age, Ruby, I realize
But it won't be long I've heard them say until I'm not around
Oh, RUBY
Don't take your love to town
She's leaving now 'cause I just heard the slamming of the door
The way I know I've heard it slam one hundred times before
And if I could move I'd get my gun and put her in the ground
Oh, RUBY
Don't take your love to town
Oh, RUBY
For God's sake turn around
only registered users can see external links
Far from day, far from night
Out of time, out of sight
In between earth and sea
We shall fly, follow me
Dry the rain, warm the snow
Where the winds never go
Follow me, follow me
Follow me
Follow me to a cave by a SAPPHIRE shore
Where we'll walk through an EMERALD door
And for thousands of breathless "evermore's" my life you will be
Only you, only I
World farewell, world goodbye
To our home 'neath the sea
We shall fly, follow me
Only you, only I
World farewell, world goodbye
To our home 'neath the sea
We shall fly, follow me
Follow me, follow me
Follow me, follow me
Shine bright like a DIAMOND
Shine bright like a DIAMOND
Find light in the beautiful sea
I choose to be happy
You and I, you and I
We're like diamonds in the sky
You're a shooting star I see
A vision of ecstasy
When you hold me, I'm alive
We're like diamonds in the sky
I knew that we'd become one right away
Oh, right away
At first sight I felt the energy of sun rays
I saw the life inside your eyes
So shine bright tonight, you and I
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Eye to eye, so alive
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Palms rise to the universe
As we moonshine and molly
Feel the warmth, we'll never die
We're like diamonds in the sky
You're a shooting star I see
A vision of ecstasy
When you hold me, I'm alive
We're like diamonds in the sky
At first sight I felt the energy of sun rays
I saw the life inside your eyes
So shine bright tonight, you and I
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Eye to eye, so alive
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
So shine bright tonight, you and I
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Eye to eye, so alive
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
Oh, yeah
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
Shine bright like a diamond
She's really upset with me again
I didn't give her what she likes
I don't know what to tell her
Don't know what to say
Everything got funky last night
She was really bombed
And I was really blown away
And when I asked her what she wanted
And this is what she had to say
A PEARL necklace
She want a PEARL necklace
She want a PEARL necklace
She gets a charge out of being so weird
Digs getting downright strange
But I can keep a handle on anything
Just this side of deranged
She was gettin' bombed
And I was gettin' blown away
And she knew it in her head
And this is what she had to say
A PEARL necklace
She want a PEARL necklace
She want a PEARL necklace
She want a PEARL necklace
She is so tough
And pure as the driven slush
And that's not jewelry she's talking 'bout
It really don't cost that much
She was gettin' bombed
And I was gettin' blown away
And she knew it in her head
And this is what she had to say
A PEARL necklace
She want a PEARL necklace
She want a PEARL necklace
She want a PEARL necklace
Until you've been beside a man
You don't know what he wants
You don't know if he cries at night
You don't know if he don't
When nothin' comes easy
Old nightmares are real
Until you've been beside a man
You don't know how he feels
Once inside a woman's heart
A man must keep his head
Heaven opens up the door
Where angels fear to tread
Some men go crazy
Some men go slow
Some men go just where they want
Some men never go
Oh, blame it on midnight
Ooh, shame on the moon
Everywhere it's all around
Comfort in a crowd
Strangers faces all around
Laughin' right out loud
Hey, watch where you're goin'
Step light on old toes
'Cause until you've been beside a man
You don't know who he knows
Oh, blame it on midnight
Ooh, shame on the moon
Oh, blame it on midnight
Ooh, shame on the moon
Ooh, ooh, ooh
Blame it on midnight
You can blame it on midnight
Shame, shame, shame, shame on the moon
You can blame it on midnight
Shame on the moon
Blame it on the moon
only registered users can see external links
You're the kind of person you meet at certain dismal, dull affairs
Center of a crowd, talking much too loud, running up and down the stairs
Well, it seems to me that you have seen too much in too few years
And though you try you just can't hide your eyes are edged with tears
You better stop and look around
Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes, here it comes
Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown
When you were a child you were treated kind but you were never brought up right
You were always spoiled with a thousand toys but still you cried all night
Your mother who neglected you owes a million dollars tax
And your father's still perfecting ways of making sealing wax
You better stop and look around
Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes, here it comes
Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown
Oh, who's to BLAME
That girl's just insane
Well, nothing I do don't seem to work
It only seems to make matters worse
Oh, please
You were still in school when you had that fool who really messed your mind
And after that you turned your back on treating people kind
On our first trip I tried so hard to rearrange your mind
But after a while I realized you were disarranging mine
You better stop and look around
Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes, here it comes
Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown
Oh, who's to BLAME
That girl's just insane
Well, nothing I do don't seem to work
It only seems to make matters worse
Oh, please
When you were a child you were treated kind but you were never brought up right
You were always spoiled with a thousand toys but still you cried all night
Your mother who neglected you owes a million dollars tax
And your father's still perfecting ways of making sealing wax
You better stop and look around
Here it comes
Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown
Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown
Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown
Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown
Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown
Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown
only registered users can see external links
BLAME it all on my roots, I showed up in boots
And ruined your black tie affair
The last one to know, the last one to show
I was the last one you thought you'd see there
And I saw the surprise and the fear in his eyes
When I took his glass of champagne
And I toasted you, said, "Honey, we may be through
But you'll never hear me complain"
'Cause I've got friends in low places
Where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues away
And I'll be OK
Yeah, I'm not big on social graces
Think I'll slip on down to the oasis
Oh, I've got friends in low places
Well, I guess I was wrong, I just don't belong
But then I've been there before
Everything's all right, I'll just say good night
And I'll show myself to the door
Hey, I didn't mean to cause a big scene
Just give me an hour and then
Well, I'll be as high as that ivory tower
That you're livin' in
'Cause I've got friends in low places
Where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues away
And I'll be OK
Yeah, I'm not big on social graces
Think I'll slip on down to the oasis
Oh, I've got friends in low places
Oh, I've got friends in low places
Where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues away
And I'll be OK
Yeah, I'm not big on social graces
Think I'll slip on down to the oasis
Oh, I've got friends in low places
Yeah, I've got friends in low places
Where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues away
And I'll be OK
Yeah, I'm not big on social graces
Think I'll slip on down to the oasis
Oh, I've got friends in low places
Yeah, I've got friends in low places
Where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues away
And I'll be OK
only registered users can see external links
Like sailin' on a sailin' ship to nowhere
Love took over my heart like an ocean breeze
As seagulls fly I knew that I was losin'
Love was washed away with the driftin' tide
Oh it's a dirty old shame
When all you get from love is a love song
That's got you layin' up nights just waitin'
for the music to start
It's such a dirty old shame when you got to
take the BLAME for a love song
Because the best love songs are written
with a broken heart
And now the tears in my eyes are ever blinding
The future that lies before me I cannot see
Although tomorrow I know the sun is rising
Lighting up the world for everyone, but not for me
only registered users can see external links
Shot through the heart and you're to BLAME
Darling, you give love a bad name
An angel's smile is what you sell
You promised me heaven, then put me through hell
Chains of love got a hold on me
When passion's a prison, you can't break free
Whoa, you're a loaded gun, yeah
Oh, there's nowhere to run
No one can save me, the damage is done
Shot through the heart and you're to BLAME
You give love a bad name (Bad name)
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name (Bad name)
Yeah, you give love a bad name
Paint your smile on your lips
Blood red nails on your fingertips
A school boy's dream, you act so shy
Your very first kiss was your first kiss goodbye
Whoa, you're a loaded gun
Oh, there's nowhere to run
No one can save me, the damage is done
Shot through the heart and you're to BLAME
You give love a bad name (Bad name)
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name (Bad name)
You give love a—
Oh, shot through the heart and you're to BLAME
You give love a bad name
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name (Bad name)
Shot through the heart and you're to BLAME
You give love a bad name (Bad name)
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name (Bad name)
You give love
You give love, bad name
You give love
You give love, bad name
You give love
You give love, bad name
You give love
You give love, bad name
only registered users can see external links
You made me cry
when you said, "goodbye"
Ain't that a shame?
my tears fell like rain.
Ain't that a shame?
you're the one to BLAME
You broke my heart
when you said we'll part
Ain't that a shame?
my tears fell like rain.
Ain't that a shame?
you're the one to blame
Oh well, goodbye
although I'll cry.
Ain't that a shame...
I got a certain little girl, she's on my mind
No doubt about it, she looks so fine
She's the best girl that I ever had
Sometimes she's gonna make me feel so bad
Hush, hush
I thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush
She broke my heart but I love her just the same now
Hush, hush
Thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush
I need her loving and I'm not to BLAME now
(Love, love)
They got it early in the morning
(Love, love)
They got it late in the evening
(Love, love)
Well, I want that, need it
(Love, love)
Oh, I gotta gotta have it
She's got loving like quicksand
Only took one touch of her hand
To blow my mind and I'm in so deep
That I can't eat and I can't sleep
Listen, hush, hush
I thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush
She broke my heart but I love her just the same now
Hush, hush
Thought I heard her calling my name now
Hush, hush
I need her loving and I'm not to BLAME now
(Love, love)
They got it early in the morning
(Love, love)
They got it late in the evening
(Love, love)
Well, I want that, need it
(Love, love)
Yeah I gotta gotta have it
I read the news today oh boy
About a lucky man who made the grade
And though the news was rather sad
Well I just had to laugh
I saw the photograph
He blew his mind out in a car
He didn't notice that the lights had changed
A crowd of people stood and stared
They'd seen his face before
Nobody was really sure
If he was from the House of Lords
I saw a film today oh boy
The English Army had just won the war
A crowd of people turned away
But I just had to look
Having read the book
I'd love to turn you on
Woke up, fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up I noticed I was late
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
And somebody spoke and I went into a dream
I read the news today oh boy
Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall
I'd love to turn you on
only registered users can see external links
Wake up, Maggie, I think I got somethin' to say to you
It's late September and I really should be back at school
I know I keep you amused, but I feel I'm being used
Oh, Maggie, I couldn't have tried any more
You led me away from home
Just to save you from being alone
You stole my heart and that's what really hurts
The mornin' sun when it's in your face really shows your age
But that don't worry me none, in my eyes, you're everything
I laughed at all of your jokes, my love, you didn't need to coax
Oh, Maggie, I couldn't have tried any more
You led me away from home
Just to save you from being alone
You stole my soul, and that's a pain I can do without
All I needed was a friend to lend a guiding hand
But you turned into a lover, and mother, what a lover, you wore me out
All you did was wreck my BED, and in the morning, kick me in the head
Oh, Maggie, I couldn't have tried any more
You led me away from home
'Cause you didn't wanna be alone
You stole my heart, I couldn't leave you if I tried
I suppose I could collect my books and get on back to school
Or steal my daddy's cue and make a living out of playin' pool
Or find myself a rock and roll band that needs a helpin' hand
Oh, Maggie, I wished I'd never seen your face
You made a first-class fool out of me
But I'm as blind as a fool can be
You stole my heart, but I love you anyway
Maggie, I wished I'd never seen your face
I'll get on back home one of these days
Ooh, ooh, ooh
only registered users can see external links
[Verse 1]
I want to show you the picture I drew
When I was on the phone talking to you
I made a heart and I colored it red
'Cause I want you here on my side of the BED
Ooh, ooh
[Verse 2]
I've been dreaming since I was born
And in my dreams I see eyes like yours
I'll be the pillow where you lay your head
Lay your head
If you'll come and sleep on my side of the bed
[Chorus]
Lay down
The sheets are white like the moon, my love
Dream with me in my room
Lay down
[Chorus]
Lay down
The sheets are white like the moon, my love
Dream with me in my room
Lay down
[Verse 3]
I know you hurt, I feel the pain
Take my hand and come out of the rain
We all need to be comforted
You can get yours on my side of the bed
On my side of the bed
[Chorus]
Lay down on my side of the bed
Come lay down
[Outro]
(Tra-la-la-la-la, sha-la-la-la-la)
(Lay down, lay down) Ooh
I made a heart, I colored it red (Sha-la-la-la-la, sha-la-la-la-la)
(Lay down, lay down) Colored it red
Lay down, lay down (Sha-la-la-la-la, sha-la-la-la-la)
(Lay down, lay down) Ooh
(Sha-la-la-la-la, sha-la-la-la-la)
(Lay down, lay down) Ooh
I made a heart, I colored it red (Sha-la-la-la-la, sha-la-la-la-la)
(Lay down, lay down) Colored it red
Lay down, lay down (Sha-la-la-la-la, sha-la-la-la-la)
only registered users can see external links
You're lazy you just stay in BED
Oh you're lazy just stay in BED
Don't want no money you don't want no bread
If you're drowning you don't clutch no straw no
If you're drowning you don't clutch no straw
You don't want to live don't want to cry no more
Well my trying ain't done no good
I said "My trying ain't done no good"
You don't make no effort no not like you should
Lazy you just stay in BED
Lazy you stay in BED
You don't want no money you don't want no bread
only registered users can see external links
You talk like Marlene Dietrich
And you dance like Zizi Jeanmaire
And your clothes are all made by Balmain
And there′s diamonds and pearls in your hair, yes there are
And you live in a fancy apartment
Off the Boulevard St. Michel
Oh, where you keep your Rolling Stones records
And a friend of Sacha Distel, oh yes you do
And you go to the embassy parties
Where you talk in Russian and Greek
And the young men who move in your circles
Oh, they hang on every word you speak, yes they do
chorus
But where do you go to, my lovely?
Oh, when you're alone in your BED
Oh, won′t you tell me the thoughts that surround you?
I want to look inside your head, yes I do
verse
Oh, I've seen all your qualifications
And you got from the Sorbonne
And the painting you stole from Picasso
Your loveliness goes on and on, yes it does
And when you go on your summer vacation
You go to Juan-les-Pins
Oh, with your carefully designed topless swimsuit
You get an even suntan on your back, and on your legs
And when the snow falls you're found in St. Moritz
With the others of the jet set
And you sip your Napoleon brandy
And you never get your lips wet, oh no you don′t
chorus
But where do you go to, my lovely?
Oh, when you′re alone in your bed
Oh, won't you tell me the thoughts that surround you?
I want to look inside your head, yes I do
verse
Oh, when you′re in between twenty and thirty
And that's a very desirable age
Oh, but your body is firm and inviting
But you live on a glittering stage, do, yes you do
And your name is heard in high places
Oh, you know the Aga Khan
Oh, we sent you a race horse for Christmas
And you keep it just for fun, for a laugh, ha-ha-ha
And they say that when you get married
It′ll be to a millionaire
Oh, but they don't realize where you came from
And I wonder if they really care, or give a damn
chorus
Oh, but where do you go to, my lovely?
When you′re alone in your bed
Oh, won't you tell me the thoughts that surround you?
I want to look inside your head, yes I do
bridge
I remember the backstreets of Naples
Two children begging in rags
Both touched with a burning ambition
To shake off their lowly-born tags, they tried
So look into my face, Marie-Claire
And remember just who you are
Oh, then go and forget me forever
But I know you still bear the scar, deep inside
chorus
Oh, I know where you go to my lovely
Oh, when you're alone in your bed
I know the thoughts that surround you
Because I can look inside your head
outro
Na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na-na-na-na
Out where the river broke
The blood-wood and the desert oak
Holden wrecks and boiling diesels
Steam in forty-five degrees
The time has come
To say fair's fair
To pay the rent
To pay our share
The time has come
A fact's a fact
It belongs to them
Let's give it back
How can we dance
When our earth is turning
How do we sleep
While our BEDS are burning
How can we dance
When our earth is turning
How do we sleep
While our BEDS are burning
The time has come
To say fair's fair
To pay the rent
Now to pay our share
Four wheels scare the cockatoos
From Kintore East to Yuendemu
The western desert lives and breathes
In forty-five degrees
The time has come
To say fair's fair
To pay the rent
To pay our share
The time has come
A fact's a fact
It belongs to them
Let's give it back
How can we dance
When our earth is turning
How do we sleep
While our BEDS are burning
How can we dance
When our earth is turning
How do we sleep
While our BEDS are burning
The time has come
To say fair's fair
To pay the rent now
To pay our share
The time has come
A fact's a fact
It belongs to them
We're gonna give it back
How can we dance
When our earth is turning
How do we sleep
While our BEDS are burning
only registered users can see external links
I'd work very hard, but I'm lazy
I can't take the pressure and it's starting to show
In my heart, you know how it pains me
A life of leisure is no life you know
Waking up and getting up has never been easy
Oh, I think you should know
Waking up and getting up has never been easy
Oh, I think you should know
Oh, I think you should go
Make a cup of tea, put a record on
I'd work very hard, but I'm lazy
I've got a lot of songs but they're all in my head
I'll get a guitar, and a lover who pays me
If I can't be a star I won't get out of BED
Waking up and getting up has never been easy
Oh, I think you should know
Waking up and getting up has never been easy
Oh, I think you should know
Oh, I think you should go
Make a cup of tea, put a record on
Waking up and getting up has never been easy
Oh, I think you should know
Waking up and getting up has never been easy
Oh, I think you should know
Oh, I think you should go
Make a cup of tea, put a record on
Lay, lady, lay, lay across my big brass bed
Lay, lady, lay, lay across my big brass bed
Whatever colors you have in your mind
I'll show them to you and you'll see them shine.
Lay, lady, lay, lay across my big brass bed
Stay, lady, stay, stay with your man awhile
Until the break of day, let me see you make him smile
His clothes are dirty but his hands are clean
And you're the best thing that he's ever seen.
Stay, lady, stay, stay with your man awhile
Why wait any longer for the world to begin
You can have your cake and eat it too
Why wait any longer for the one you love
When he's standing in front of you.
Lay, lady, lay, lay across my big brass bed
Stay, lady, stay, stay while the night is still ahead
I long to see you in the morning light
I long to reach for you in the night
Stay, lady, stay, stay while the night is still ahead.
Every morning there's a halo hanging
From the corner of my girlfriend's four-post BED
I know it's not mine, but I'll see if I can use it for
The weekend or a one-night stand
Couldn't understand
How to work it out
Once again, as predicted, left my broken heart open
And you ripped it out
Something's got me reeling
Stopped me from believing
Turn me around again
Said that we can do it
You know I wanna do it again
(Sugar Ray say)
(Every morning)
(Every morning when I wake up)
(Shut the door, baby, don't say a word)
(She always rights the wrong, she always rights, she always rights)
(Shut the door, baby, shut the door, baby)
Every morning there's a heartache hanging
From the corner of my girlfriend's four-post BED
I know it's not mine and I know she thinks she loves me
But I never can believe what she said
Something so deceiving
When you stop believing
Turn me around again
Said we couldn't do it
You know I wanna do it again
(Every morning)
(Every morning when I wake up)
(Shut the door, baby, don't say a word)
(Every morning)
(Every morning when I wake up)
(Shut the door, baby, shut the door, baby)
She always rights the wrong for me
Baby
She always rights the wrong for me
Every morning there's a halo hanging
From the corner of my girlfriend's four-post BED
I know it's not mine, but I'll see if I can use it for
The weekend or a one-night stand
(Shut the door baby, don't say a word)
Every morning
Every morning when I wake up
(Shut the door, baby, shut the door, baby)
Every morning
Every morning (Turn me around again)
(Shut the door, baby, don't say a word)
Every morning (Do it again)
Every morning when I wake up
Every morning
(Shut the door, baby, don't say a word)
Every morning when I wake up
Paul Kelly
In the morning, we trash the bed
You bring me coffee, black and boiling
Then we start up again
And the coffee goes cold
I wake up drinking from your lips
Kisses warm and tender
And I'd give up the world
Just to see you smile
One thing I'll never understand
It's become my problem
And it's something that's right out of my hands
My hands are clean
What makes such a sweet guy turn so mean?
I went to town with a moody man
A handsome Dr Jekyll
He was right by my side
Turning into Mr Hyde
I ran for cover, but I ran too slow
I was stitched by strangers
And they shook their heads
That somebody could do the things you did
One thing I'll never understand
It's become my problem
And it's something that's right out of my hands
My hands are clean
What makes such a sweet guy turn so mean?
I must be mad, I must be crazy
Everyone tells me so
All of my life, I've seen it coming
Now I'm facing the wall, I'm waiting for the blow
In the morning, you kiss my head
You say it was somebody else, you weren't feeling yourself
Now you're down on your knees
Begging me, "Baby, baby, baby, forgive me please"
I wake up aching from your touch
I wake up tender
Then I look in your eyes, the way you smile
I'm a fool, I'm hypnotized
One thing I'll never understand
It's become my problem
And it's something that's right out of my hands
My hands are clean
What makes such a sweet guy turn so mean?
Mm-mm
Turn so mean
I wanna know
Mm-mm
Might be your daddy
Must be your daddy
I don't know how to love him
What to do, how to move him
I've been changed, yes really changed
In these past few days when I've seen myself
I seem like someone else
I don't know how to take this
I don't see why he moves me
He's a man, he's just a man
And I've had so many men before
In very many ways
He's just one more
Should I bring him down?
Should I scream and shout?
Should I speak of love
Let my feelings out?
I never thought I'd come to this
What's it all about
Don't you think it's rather funny
I should be in this position
I'm the one who's always been
So calm, so cool, no lover's fool
Running every show
He SCARES me so
Should I bring him down?
Should I scream and shout?
Should I speak of love
Let my feelings out?
I never thought I'd come to this
What's it all about
Yes, if he said he loved me
I'd be lost, I'd be frightened
I couldn't cope, just couldn't cope
I'd turn my head, I'd back away
I wouldn't want to know
He scares me so
I want him so
I love him so
only registered users can see external links
I read the book you read
Tasted the words you said
Our story is darkening with time
One fading afternoon
The leaves dried in your car
No picture understood
But I had a feeling I would cry
You hid it all from me
Ooh, I'll miss you forever
Let's hope we've always summer
Yeah, bring on the night, I don't care (bring on the night, I don't care)
Turn on the dark, I'm not SCARED (turn on the dark, I'm not scared)
Spirit money to a flame
Ask that I'll see you again (that I'll see you again)
Yeah, bring on the night, I don't care (bring on the night, I don't care)
Turn on the dark, I'm not scared (turn on the dark, I'm not scared
Wherever it is you left me behind
I'll follow you down the path of my broken heart
Flowers on Edith Grove, wilt like a love note
Every day I'm passing by
I say a little prayer
Ooh, I'll miss you forever
Let's hope we've always summer
Yeah, bring on the night, I don't care (bring on the night, I don't care)
Turn on the dark, I'm not scared (turn on the dark, I'm not scared)
Spirit money to a flame
Ask that I'll see you again (that I'll see you again)
Yeah, bring on the night, I don't care (bring on the night, I don't care)
Turn on the dark, I'm not scared (turn on the dark, I'm not scared
Wherever it is you left me behind
I'll follow you down the path of my broken heart
Ooh, I'll miss you forever
Let's hope we've always summer
Yeah, bring on the night, I don't care (bring on the night, I don't care)
Turn on the dark, I'm not scared (turn on the dark, I'm not scared)
Spirit money to a flame
Ask that I'll see you again (that I'll see you again)
Yeah, bring on the night, I don't care (bring on the night, I don't care)
Turn on the dark, I'm not scared (turn on the dark, I'm not scared
Wherever it is you left me behind
I'll follow you down the path of my broken heart
only registered users can see external links
Count backwards, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Before you get too heated and turned on
(This guy)
You should've learned your lesson all them times before
You've been bruised, you've been broken
And there's my mind saying, "Think before you go
Through that door, it could lead you nowhere."
(This guy)
Has got you all romantic crazy in your head
Do you think I listen? No, I don't care
'Cause I can't focus, I can't stop
You got me spinning 'round, 'round, 'round, 'round
(Like a record)
I can't focus, it's too hot (Inside)
You'll never get to heaven if you're SCARED of getting high
Boy, boy, let me keep freaking around
I wanna get down
I'm a red-blooded woman
What's the point of hanging around?
Boy, boy, don't wanna keep turning it down
When this girl wants to rock with you (Yeah)
Boy, boy, let me keep freaking around
I wanna get down
I'm a red-blooded woman
What's the point of hanging 'round?
Boy, boy, don't wanna keep turning it down
When this girl wants to rock with you
My conscience saying, "Get down off this dream
It's too dangerous and deadly."
(This guy)
Has got you talking 'round in circles, can't you see?
All for the sake of sexy
(You're loving it)
Then there's my sense saying, "Stop before you fall
I don't want to pick you up again."
(This guy)
Has got you all romantic, crazier each day
Do you think I listen? There's no way
'Cause I can't focus, I can't stop
You got me spinning 'round, 'round, 'round, 'round
(Like a record)
I can't focus, it's too hot (Inside)
You'll never get to heaven if you're scared of getting high
Boy, boy, let me keep freaking around
I wanna get down
I'm a red-blooded woman
What's the point of hanging around?
Boy, boy, don't wanna keep turning it down
When this girl wants to rock with you
Boy, boy, let me keep freaking around
I wanna get down
I'm a red-blooded woman
What's the point of hanging 'round?
Boy, boy, don't wanna keep turning it down
When this girl wants to rock with you
Let me keep freaking around (Freaking around)
Red-blooded woman
It's too hot inside
You'll never get to heaven if you're scared of getting high
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la (Freaking around)
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la (Freaking around)
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la (Freaking around)
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la (Freaking around)
(Oh, this girl wants to rock with you, oh)
Boy, boy, let me keep freaking around
I wanna get down
I'm a red-blooded woman
What's the point of hanging around?
Boy, boy, don't wanna keep turning it down
When this girl wants to rock with you
(Boy, I wanna get down)
Boy, boy, let me keep freaking around
I wanna get down
I'm a red-blooded woman
What's the point of hanging 'round?
Boy, boy, don't wanna keep turning it down
When this girl wants to rock with you
Wanna rock with you
She had an horror of rooms, she was tired, you can't hide beat
When I looked in her eyes, they were blue but nobody home
Well, she could've been a killer if she didn't walk the way she do
And she do
She opened strange doors that we'd never close again
She began to wail jealousy's scream
Waiting at the lights, know what I mean
Scary monsters, super creeps
Keep me running, running scared
Scary monsters, super creeps
Keep me running, running scared
She asked me to stay and I stole her room
She asked for my love and I gave her a dangerous mind
Now she's stupid in the street and she can't socialise
Well, I love the little girl and I'll love her till the day she dies
She wails Jimmy's guitar sound, jealousy's scream
Waiting at the lights, know what I mean
Scary monsters, super creeps
Keep me running, running scared
Scary monsters and super creeps
Keep me running, running scared
Scary monsters and super creeps
Keep me running, running scared
Scary monsters and super creeps
Keep me running, running scared
Scary monsters and super creeps
Keep me running, running scared
Scary monsters and super creeps
Keep me running, running scared
[Her:]
They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
[Him:]
Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and baby I got you
[Him:]
Babe
[Both:]
I got you babe I got you babe
[Her:]
They say our love won't pay the rent
Before it's earned, our money's all been spent
[Him:]
I guess that's so, we don't have a plot
But at least I'm sure of all the things we got
[Him:]
Babe
[Both:]
I got you babe I got you babe
[Him:]
I got flowers in the spring
I got you to wear my ring
[Her:]
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get SCARED, you're always around
[Her:]
So let them say your hair's too long
'Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong
[Him:]
Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
[Him:]
Babe
[Both:]
I got you babe I got you babe
[Him:]
I got you to hold my hand
[Her:]
I got you to understand
[Him:]
I got you to walk with me
[Her:]
I got you to talk with me
[Him:]
I got you to kiss goodnight
[Her:]
I got you to hold me tight
[Him:]
I got you, I won't let go
[Her:]
I got you to love me so
[Both:]
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
only registered users can see external links
Well, I don't know why I came here tonight
I got the feeling that something ain't right
I'm so SCARED in case I fall off my chair
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs
Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you
Yes, I'm stuck in the middle with you
And I'm wondering what it is I should do
It's so hard to keep this smile from my face
Losing control, yeah, I'm all over the place
Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you
When you started off with nothing
And you're proud that you're a self-made man
And your friends, they all come crawling
Slap you on the back and say
"Please, please"
Trying to make some sense of it all
But I can see, it makes no sense at all
Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor?
'Cause I don't think that I can take anymore
Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you
When you started off with nothing
And you're proud that you're a self-made man
And your friends, they all come crawling
Slap you on the back and say
"Please, please"
Well, I don't know why I came here tonight
I've got the feeling that something ain't right
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs
Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you
Yes, I'm stuck in the middle with you
Stuck in the middle with you
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you
only registered users can see external links
I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends
They're in my head
I'm so ugly, that's okay, 'cause so are you
Broke our mirrors
Sunday morning is every day for all I care
And I'm not SCARED
Light my candles in a daze
'Cause I've found God
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah, yeah
I'm so lonely, that's okay, I shaved my head
And I'm not sad
And just maybe I'm to blame for all I've hurt
But I'm not sure
I'm so excited, I can't wait to meet you there
And I don't care
I'm so horny, that's okay, my will is good
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah, yeah
I like it, I'm not gonna crack
I miss you, I'm not gonna crack
I love you, I'm not gonna crack
I killed you, I'm not gonna crack
I like it, I'm not gonna crack
I miss you, I'm not gonna crack
I love you, I'm not gonna crack
I killed you, I'm not gonna crack
I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends
They're in my head
I'm so ugly, that's okay, 'cause so are you
Broke our mirrors
Sunday morning is every day for all I care
And I'm not SCARED
Light my candles in a daze
'Cause I've found God
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah
Yeah-yeah, yeah
I like it, I'm not gonna crack
I miss you, I'm not gonna crack
I love you, I'm not gonna crack
I killed you, I'm not gonna crack
I like it, I'm not gonna crack
I miss you, I'm not gonna crack
I love you, I'm not gonna crack
I killed you, I'm not gonna crack
She said, "It's cold outside" and she hands me a raincoat
She's always worried about things like that
She said, "It's all gonna end and it might as well be my fault"
And she only sleeps when it's raining
And she screams, and her voice is straining
And she says, "Baby, it's 3 AM, I must be lonely"
And she says, "Baby, well, I can't help
But be SCARED of it all sometimes
And the rain's gonna wash away, I believe this"
She's got a little bit of something, God, it's better than nothing
And in her color portrait world she believes that she's got it all
She swears that the moon don't hang quite as high as it used to
And she only sleeps when it's raining
And she screams and her voice is straining
And she says, "Baby, when it's 3 AM I must be lonely"
Well, heaven she says, "Baby, well, I can't help
But be SCARED of it all sometimes
And the rain's gonna wash away, I believe this"
Well, she believes that life isn't made up of all that you're used to
And the clock on the wall has been stuck at 3 for days and days
She thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway
But outside it's stopped raining
And she says, "Baby, It's 3 AM I must be lonely"
Well, heaven she says, "Baby, well, I can't help
But be SCARED of it all sometimes
And the rain's gonna wash away, I believe this"
Well, it's 3 AM, I must be lonely
Well, heaven she says, "Baby, well, I can't help
But be SCARED of it all sometimes"
only registered users can see external links
The sun is high and I'm surrounded by sand
For as far as my eyes can see
I'm strapped into a rocking chair
With a blanket all over my knees
I am a stranger to myself
And nobody knows I'm here
When I looked into my face
It wasn't myself I'd seen
But who I've tried to be
I'm thinking of things I'd hoped to forget
I'm choking to death in a sun that never sets
I clogged up my mind with perpetual greed
And turned all of my friends into enemies
And now the past has returned to haunt me
I'm SCARED of God
And scared of hell
And I'm caving in upon myself
I'm scared of God
And scared of hell
And I'm caving in upon myself
How can anyone know me
When I don't even know myself?
[fade]
In the day, we sweat it out on the streets
Of a runaway American dream
At night, we ride through mansions of glory
In suicide machines
Sprung from cages out on Highway 9
Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line
Oh, baby this town rips the bones from your back
It's a death trap, it's a suicide rap
We gotta get out while we're young
'Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run
Yes, girl, we were
Wendy let me in, I wanna be your friend
I want to guard your dreams and visions
Just wrap your legs 'round these velvet rims
And strap your hands across my engines
Together we could break this trap
We'll run till we drop, baby we'll never go back
Oh, will you walk with me out on the wire?
'Cause baby I'm just a SCARED and lonely rider
But I gotta know how it feels
I want to know if love is wild, babe
I want to know if love is real
Oh, can you show me?
Beyond the palace, hemi-powered drones
Scream down the boulevard
The girls comb their hair in rearview mirrors
And the boys try to look so hard
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist
I wanna die with you, Wendy, on the streets tonight
In an everlasting kiss
(1, 2, 3, 4) The highways jammed with broken heroes
On a last chance power drive
Everybody's out on the run tonight
But there's no place left to hide
Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness
I'll love you with all the madness in my soul
Oh, someday girl, I don't know when
We're gonna get to that place
Where we really want to go, and we'll walk in the sun
But till then, tramps like us
Baby, we were born to run
Oh honey, tramps like us
Baby, we were born to run
Come on with me, tramps like us
Baby, we were born to run
Think about it, there must be higher love
Down in the heart or hidden in the stars above
Without it, life is a wasted time
Look inside your heart, I'll look inside mine
Things look so bad everywhere
In this whole world, what is fair?
We walk blind and we try to see
Falling behind in what could be
BRING me a higher love
BRING me a higher love
BRING me a higher love
Where's that higher love I keep thinking of?
Worlds are turning and we're just hanging on
Facing our fear and standing out there alone
A yearning, and it's real to me
There must be someone who's feeling for me
Things look so bad everywhere
In this whole world, what is fair?
We walk blind and we try to see
Falling behind in what could be
Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love
Where's that higher love I keep thinking of?
Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love
Bring be a higher love
I could rise above on a higher love
I will wait for it
I'm not too late for it
Until then, I'll sing my song
To cheer the night along
Bring it... Oh bring it...
I could light the night up with my soul on fire
I could make the sun shine from pure desire
Let me feel that love come over me
Let me feel how strong it could be
Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love
Where's that higher love I keep thinking of?
only registered users can see external links
You got me runnin', goin' out of my mind
You got me thinkin' that I'm wastin' my time
Don't BRING me down
No, no, no, no, no
Ooh-ooh-hoo
I'll tell you once more before I get off the floor
Don't bring me down
You wanna stay out with your fancy friends
I'm tellin' you, it's got to be the end
Don't bring me down
No, no, no, no, no
Ooh-ooh-hoo
I'll tell you once more before I get off the floor
Don't bring me down
Don't bring me down, groos
Don't bring me down, groos
Don't bring me down, groos
Don't bring me down
What happened to the girl I used to know?
You let your mind out somewhere down the road
Don't bring me down
No, no, no, no, no
Ooh-ooh-hoo
I'll tell you once more before I get off the floor
Don't bring me down
You're always talkin' 'bout your crazy nights
One of these days, you're gonna get it right
Don't bring me down
No, no, no, no, no
Ooh-ooh-hoo
I'll tell you once more before I get off the floor
Don't bring me down
Don't bring me down, groos
Don't bring me down, groos
Don't bring me down, groos
Don't bring me down
You're lookin' good, just like a snake in the grass
One of these days, you're gonna break your glass
Don't bring me down
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no
Ooh-ooh-hoo
I'll tell you once more before I get off the floor
Don't bring me down
You got me shakin', got me runnin' away
You got me crawlin' up to you everyday
Don't bring me down
No, no, no, no, no
Ooh-ooh-hoo
I'll tell you once more before I get off the floor
Don't bring me down, down, down, down, down, down
I'll tell you once more before I get off the floor
Don't bring me down
How can you see into my eyes like open doors?
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb
Without a soul, my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home
(Wake me up) wake me up inside (I can't wake up), wake me up inside
(Save me) call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up) bid my blood to run (I can't wake up) before I come undone
(Save me) save me from the nothing I've become
Now that I know what I'm without, you can't just leave me
Breathe into me and make me real, bring (bring) me (me) to life
(Wake me up) wake me up inside (I can't wake up), wake me up inside
(Save me) call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up) bid my blood to run (I can't wake up) before I come undone
(Save me) save me from the nothing I've become
Bring me to life
I've been livin' a lie
There's nothing inside
Bring me to life
Frozen (frozen) inside without your touch, without your love
Darling, only (only) you are the life among the dead
All this time, I can't believe I couldn't see
Kept in the dark, but you were there in front of me
I've been sleeping a thousand years, it seems
Got to open my eyes to everything
Without a thought, without a voice, without a soul
Don't let me die here, there must be something more
Bring me to life
(Wake me up) wake me up inside (I can't wake up), wake me up inside
(Save me) call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up) bid my blood to run (I can't wake up) before I come undone
(Save me) save me from the nothing I've become
Bring me to life
I've been livin' a lie (bring me to life)
There's nothing inside
Bring me to life
only registered users can see external links
I give her all my love
That's all I do
And if you saw my love
You'd love her too
I love her
She gives me everything
And tenderly
The kiss my lover BRINGS
She brings to me
And I love her
A love like ours
Could never die
As long as I
Have you near me
Bright are the stars that shine
Dark is the sky
I know this love of mine
Will never die
And I love her
Bright are the stars that shine
Dark is the sky
I know this love of mine
Will never die
And I love her
only registered users can see external links
You don't BRING me flowers
You don't sing me love songs
You hardly talk to me anymore
When you come through the door
At the end of the day
I remember when
You couldn't wait to love me
Used to hate to leave me
Now after loving me late at night
When it's good for you, babe
And you're feeling alright
Well, you just roll over
And you turn out the light
And you don't bring me flowers anymore
It used to be so natural (Used to be)
To talk about forever (Mm)
But 'used to bes' don't count anymore
They just lay on the floor
'Til we sweep them away
And baby, I remember
All the things you taught me
I learned how to laugh
And I learned how to cry
Well, I learned how to love
And learned how to lie
So you'd think I could learn
How to tell you goodbye
(So you'd think I could learn
How to tell you goodbye)
You don't bring me flowers anymore
Well, you'd think I could learn
How to tell you goodbye
And you don't sing me
And you don't sing me love songs
You don't bring me flowers anymore
only registered users can see external links
If you ever change your mind
About leaving, leaving me behind
Baby, BRING it to me
Bring your sweet loving
Bring it on home to me
Yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah)
I know I laughed when you left
But now I know I only hurt myself
Baby, bring it to me
Bring your sweet loving
Bring it on home to me
Yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah)
I'll give you jewellery and money, too
That ain't all, that ain't all I'll do for you
Oh, if you bring it to me
Bring your sweet loving
Bring it on home to me
Yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah)
You know I'll always be your slave
'Til I'm buried, buried in my grave
Oh honey, bring it to me
Bring your sweet loving
Bring it on home to me
Yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah)
One more thing
I tried to treat you right
But you stayed out, stayed out at night
But I forgive you, bring it to me
Bring your sweet loving
Bring it on home to me
Yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah)
Yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah)
Yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah)
Yeah (yeah) yeah
only registered users can see external links
Okay okay here is the Righteous Brothers version
only registered users can see external links
You never close your eyes
Anymore when I kiss your lips
There's no tenderness
Like before in your fingertips
You're trying hard not to show it
Baby, baby, I know it
You've lost that lovin' feelin'
Whoa, that lovin' feelin'
You've lost that loving feeling
Now it's gone, gone, gone, whoa-oh-oh
Yeah
There's no tenderness in your eyes
When I reach out for you
Girl, you're starting to criticize
Every little thing that I do
It makes me just feel like cryin'
'Cause, baby, something beautiful's dyin'
You've lost that lovin' feelin'
Whoa, that lovin' feelin'
You've lost that lovin' feelin'
Now it's gone, gone, gone, whoa-oh-oh
Baby, baby, I get down on my knees for you
If this suit weren't too tight!
If you would only love me like you used to do
We had a love, love, a love you don't find every day
Oh, don't, don't, don't, don't take it away
Listen to me, talking to you
Bring back that lovin' feelin'
Whoa, that lovin' feelin'
BRING back that lovin' feelin'
Now it's gone, gone, gone
And I can't go on, whoa-oh-oh
Whoa-oh-oh
Whoa-oh-oh
only registered users can see external links
Darlin' darlin' darlin'
I can't wait to see you
Your picture ain't enough
I can't wait to touch you in the flesh
Darlin' darlin' darlin'
I can't wait to hear you
Remembering your love
Is nothing without you in the flesh
Went walking one day on the lower East side
Met you with a girlfriend, you were so divine
She said, "Hands off this one sweetie, this boy is mine."
I couldn't resist you - I'm not deaf, dumb, and blind
Darlin' darlin' darlin'
Now you're out of town
Those girls that you run with
They BRING my head down
Ooh Darlin' darlin'
Watch out if I see you
'Cause if you say hello
It'll mean you wanna see me in the flesh
Ooh warm and soft, in the flesh
Ooh close and hot, in the flesh
Ooh
only registered users can see external links
Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games
We got everything you want, honey, we know the names
We are the people that can find whatever you may need
If you got the money, honey, we got your disease
In the jungle, welcome to the jungle
Watch it BRING you to your shun-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-knees, knees
Muah, ah, I wanna watch you bleed
Welcome to the jungle, we take it day-by-day
If you want it you're gonna bleed, but it's the price you pay
And you're a very sexy girl, who's very hard to please
You can taste the bright lights, but you won't get them for free
In the jungle, welcome to the jungle
Feel my, my, my, my serpentine
Oh, ah, I wanna hear you scream
Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
You learn to live like an animal in the jungle where we play
If you got a hunger for what you see, you'll take it eventually
You can have anything you want, but you better not take it from me
In the jungle, welcome to the jungle
Watch it BRING you to your shun-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-knees, knees
Muah, I'm gonna watch you bleed
And when you're high, you never ever wanna come down
So down, so down, so down, yeah
You know where you are?
You're in the jungle, baby
You're gonna die
In the jungle, welcome to the jungle
Watch it BRING you to your shun-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-knees, knees
In the jungle, welcome to the jungle
Feel my, oh my, my, my serpentine
Jungle, welcome to the jungle
Watch it BRING you to your shun-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-knees, knees
Down in the jungle, welcome to the jungle
Watch it BRING you to your—it's gonna BRING you down, huh
Baby, baby
I'm gonna bring it on home to you
I've got my ticket, I've got that load
Got up, gone higher, all aboard
I'll take my seat, right way back, ooh yeah
Watch this train roll down the track
I'm gonna bring it on home
Bring it on home to you
Watch out, watch out
Try to tell you baby
What you trying to do?
Trying to love me, baby
And love some other men too
Bring it on home, bring it on home
Went a little walk downtown
Messed and got back late
Found a note there waiting
It said, "Daddy, I just can't wait."
Bring it on home, bring it on home
Bring it back home, bring it back home to me, baby
Tell you, pretty baby
You love to mess me around
I'm going to give you loving, baby
Going to move you out of town
Bring it on home, bring it on home
Sweetest little baby daddy ever saw
I'm going to give you loving, baby
I'm going to give you more
Bring it on home, bring it on home
Bring it on home, oh, right
Bring it on home, bring it on home to you
Fifty thousand men were sent to do the will of one
His claim was phrased quite simply, though he never voiced it loud
I am he, the chosen one
In his name they could slaughter, for his name they could die
Though many there were believed in him, still more were sure he lied
But they'll fight the battle on
Then one whose faith had died
Fled back up the mountainside
But before the top was made
A misplaced footfall made him stray
From the path prepared for him
Off of the mountain on to a wilderness of ice
This unexpected vision made them stand and shake with fear
But nothing was his fright compared with those who saw him appear
Terror filled their minds with awe
Simple were the folk who lived
Upon this frozen wave
So not surprising was their thought
This is he, God's chosen one
Who's come to save us from
All our oppressors
We shall be kings on this world
Follow me!
I'll play the game you want me
Until I find a way back home
Follow me!
I give you strength beside you
Courage to win your battles
No, no, no, this can't go on
This will be all that I fled from
Let me rest for a while
He walked into a valley
All alone
There he talked with water, and then with the vine
They leave me no choice
I must lead them to glory or most likely to death
They travelled cross the plateau of ice, up to its edge
Then they crossed a mountain range and saw the final plain
Still, he urged the people on
Then, on a distant slope
He observed one without hope
Flee back up the mountainside
He thought he recognized him by his walk
And by the way he fell, and by the way he
Stood up, and vanished into air
only registered users can see external links
Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and oh, so mellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When grass was green and grain was yellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When you were a tender and callow fellow
Try to remember and if you remember
Then FOLLOW, follow
Try to remember the kind of September
When no one wept except the willow
Try to remember the kind of September
When dreams were kept beside your pillow
Try to remember the kind of September
When love was an ember about to billow
Try to remember and if you remember
Then follow, follow
Deep in December, it's nice to remember
Although you yearn, the snow will follow
Deep in December, it's nice to remember
The fire of September that made us mellow
Deep in December, our hearts should remember
And follow, follow, follow
This is my favourite version in a medley by Gladys Knight
only registered users can see external links
only registered users can see external links
Oh, I'd rather go and journey
Where the diamond crescent's glowing
And run across the valley
Beneath the sacred mountain
And wander through the forest
Where the trees have leaves of prisms
And break the light in colors
That no one knows the names of
And when it's time I'll go and wait
Beside a legendary fountain
'Til I see your form reflected
In its clear and jeweled waters
And if you think I'm ready
You may lead me to the chasm
Where the rivers of our vision
Flow into one another
I will want to dive beneath
The white cascading waters
She may beg, she may plead
She may argue with her logic
And mention all the things I'll lose
That really have no value
In the end she will surely know
I wasn't born to FOLLOW
Carole King
Wanting you the way I do
I only wanna be with you
And I would go to the ends of the earth
'Cause darling to me that's what you're worth
Where you lead
I will follow
Anywhere, that you tell me to
If you need, you need me to be with you
I will follow
Where you lead
If you're out on the road
Feeling lonely and so cold
All you have to do is call my name
And I'll be there
On the next train
Where you lead
I will follow
Anywhere, that you tell me to
If you need, you need me to be with you
I will follow
Where you lead
I always wanted a real home
With flowers on the windowsill
But if you wanna live in New York City
Honey, you know I will
(Yes I will, yes I will)
I never thought I could get satisfaction
From just one man
But if anyone could keep me happy
You're the one who can
Where you lead
I will follow
Anywhere, that you tell me to
If you need, you need me to be with you
I will follow
Where you lead
I will follow
Anywhere, that you tell me to
If you need, you need me to be with you
I will follow
Where you lead
Oh baby, oh, I'm gonna follow where you lead
I'm gonna follow where you lead
Oh baby, oh, I'm gonna follow where you lead
I'm gonna follow where you lead
Oh sugar, oh, I'm gonna follow where you lead
I'm gonna follow where you lead
Oh baby, oh, I'm gonna follow where you lead
I'm gonna follow where you lead
only registered users can see external links
Stay with me
My love, I hope you'll always be
Right here by my side if ever I need you
Oh, my love
In your arms
I feel so safe and so secure
And everyday is such a perfect day to spend
Alone with you
I will FOLLOW you, will you follow me?
All of the days and nights that we know will be
I will stay with you, will you stay with me?
Just one single tear in each passing year
With the dark
Oh, I see so very clearly now
All my fears are drifting by me so slowly now
Fading away
I can say
The night is long, but you are here
Close at hand, oh, I'm better for the smile you give
And while I live
I will follow you, will you follow me?
All of the days and nights that we know will be
I will stay with you, will you stay with me?
Just one single tear in each passing year there will be
I will follow you, will you follow me?
All of the days and nights that we know will be
I will stay with you, will you stay with me?
Just one single tear in each passing year
I will follow you, will you follow me?
All of the days and nights that we know will be
I will stay with you, will you stay with me?
Just one single tear in each passing year
I will follow you, will you follow me?
All of the days and nights that we know will be
I will stay with you, will you stay with me?
Just one single tear in each passing year
only registered users can see external links
I will follow
I was on the outside when you said, you said you needed me
I was looking at myself, I was blind, I could not see
A boy tries hard to be a man
His mother takes him by his hand
If he stops to think he starts to cry, oh, why?
If you walk away, walk away
I walk away, walk away, I will follow
If you walk away, walk away
I walk away, walk away, I will follow (I will follow)
I was on the inside when they pulled the four walls down
I was looking through the window, I was lost, I am found
Walk away, walk away
I walk away, walk away, I will follow
If you walk away, walk away
I walk away, walk away, I will follow (I will follow)
Your eyes make a circle
I see you when I go in there
Your eyes, yo-yo-your eyes
Your eyes, yo-yo yo-yo-your eyes
If you walk away, walk away
I walk away, walk away, I will follow
If you walk away, walk away
I walk away, walk away, I will follow
I will follow
I will follow
I will follow
I will follow
-Will follow
only registered users can see external links
Far from day, far from night
Out of time, out of sight
In between earth and sea
We shall fly, follow me
Dry the rain, warm the snow
Where the winds never go
Follow me, follow me
Follow me
Follow me to a cave by a sapphire shore
Where we'll walk through an emerald door
And for thousands of breathless "evermore's" my life you will be
Only you, only I
World farewell, world goodbye
To our home 'neath the sea
We shall fly, follow me
Only you, only I
World farewell, world goodbye
To our home 'neath the sea
We shall fly, follow me
Follow me, follow me
Follow me, follow me
I'm free, I'm free
And freedom tastes of reality
I'm free, I'm free
And I'm waiting for you to follow me
If I told you what it takes
To reach the highest high
You'd laugh and say nothing's that simple
But you've been told many times before
Messiahs pointed to the door
And no one had the guts to leave the temple!
I'm free, I'm free
And freedom tastes of reality
I'm free, I'm free
And I'm waiting for you to follow me
How can we FOLLOW?
How can we FOLLOW?
[Verse 1]
Virgil Caine is the name, and I served on the Danville train
'Til Stonewall's cavalry came and tore up the tracks again
In the winter of '65, we were hungry, just barely alive
By May the tenth, Richmond had fell
It's a time I remember, oh so well
[Chorus]
The night they drove old Dixie down
And the bells were ringing
The night they drove old Dixie down
And the people were singing, they went
"Na, la la la, na na, la la na na, la la na na na"
[Verse 2]
Back with my wife in Tennessee
When one day she called to me
"Virgil, quick, come see, there goes Robert E.Lee"
Now I don't mind choppin' wood
And I don't care if the money's no good
Ya take what ya need and ya leave the rest
But they should never have taken the very best
[Chorus]
The night they drove old Dixie down
And the bells were ringing
The night they drove old Dixie down
And all the people were singing, they went
"Na, la la la, na na, la la na na, la la na na na"
You might also like
bad idea right?
Olivia Rodrigo
The Weight
The Band
MY EYES
Travis Scott
[Verse 3]
Like my father before me, I will work the land
And like my brother above me, who took a rebel stand
He was just eighteen, proud and brave
But a Yankee laid him in his grave
I swear by the mud below my feet
You can't raise a Caine back up when he's in defeat
[Chorus]
The night they drove old Dixie down
And the bells were ringing
The night they drove old Dixie down
And all the people were singing, they went
"Na, la na na, la na, na na na na, la na na na na"
The night they drove old Dixie down
And all the bells were ringing
The night they drove old Dixie down
And the people were singing, they went
"Na, na na na, na na, la na na, la na na na la"
In several hours I will choose a word for Tuesday, please come back and post a song that features the specific “word” in the lyrics.
C’mon, try……
Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow "Pictures of You" –
Livin' my life in a slow hell
Different girl every night at the hotel
I ain't seen the sun shine in three damn days
Been fuelin' up on cocaine and whiskey
Wish I had a good girl to miss me
Lord, I wonder if I'll ever change my ways
[Chorus: Kid Rock]
I put your picture away
Sat down and cried today
I can't look at you while I'm lying next to her
I put your picture away
Sat down and cried today
I can't look at you while I'm lying next to her (Ooh-ooh)
[Verse 2: Sheryl Crow]
I called you last night in the hotel
Everyone knows, but they won't tell
But their half-hearted smiles tell me something just ain't right
I've been waitin' on you for a long time
Fuelin' up on heartaches and cheap wine
I ain't heard from you in three damn nights
[Chorus: Sheryl Crow]
I put your picture away
I wonder where you've been
I can't look at you while I'm lyin' next to him (Ooh)
I put your picture away
I wonder where you've been
I can't look at you while I'm lyin' next to him (Ooh)
See Kid Rock Live
Get tickets as low as $66
You might also like
But Daddy I Love Him
Taylor Swift
Pi
J. Cole
7 Minute Drill
J. Cole
[Verse 3: Sheryl Crow, Kid Rock, Both]
I saw you yesterday with an old friend
It was the same old same, how have you been?
Since you've been gone, my world's been dark and grey
You reminded me of brighter days
I hoped you were comin' home to stay
I was headed to church
I was off to drink you away (Drink you away)
I've thought about you for a long time
Can't seem to get you off my mind
I can't understand why we're living life this way
[Chorus: Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow, Kid Rock]
I found your picture today
I swear I'll change my ways
I just called to say I want you
To come back home (Ooh-ooh)
I found your picture today
I swear I'll change my ways
I just called to say I want you
To come back home
[Outro: Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow]
I just called to say I love you
Come back home
Also, yesterday’s word was PICTURE and today’s word is FOLLOW. Look below to see the songs that were already chosen and posted and try to come up with something different, IF you do, attach it to the entry below dated for August 11.
Thank you!
Follow the yellow brick road
Follow the yellow brick road
Follow, follow, follow, follow
Follow the yellow brick road
Follow the yellow brick, follow the yellow brick
Follow the yellow brick road
You're off to see the Wizard
The wonderful Wizard of Oz
You'll find he is a whiz of a wiz if ever a wiz there was
If ever, oh ever a wiz there was, the Wizard of Oz is one because
Because, because, because, because, because
Because of the wonderful things he does
You're off to see the Wizard
The wonderful Wizard of Oz!
I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh
What hijacked my world that night
To a place in the past
We've been cast out of? oh oh oh oh
Now we're back in the fight
We're back on the train
Oh, back on the chain gang.
A circumstance beyond our control, oh oh oh oh
The phone, the tv and the news of the world
Got in the house like a pigeon from hell, oh oh oh oh
Threw sand in our eyes and descended like flies
Put us back on the train
Oh, back on the chain gang
The powers that be
That force us to live like we do
Bring me to my knees
When I see what they've done to you
But I'll die as I stand here today
Knowing that deep in my heart
They'll fall to ruin one day
For making us part
I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh
Those were the happiest days of my life
Like a break in the battle was your part, oh oh oh oh
In the wretched life of a lonely heart
Now we're back on the train
Oh, back on the chain gang
Like this?
We would enjoy having you join us however perhaps the anticipated format of this thread is too complicated for you and I apologize that you are having difficulties.