Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

100 PIC PERSONAL GALLERY PAGES?

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by #569341 at 29,Jan,19 11:20
Heya, everyone (: .
Just an idea:
I reckon person profile galleries should be 100 pics per page. I know that personally, i never look past a member’s first page of 60 pics unless they are very close friends. I did not plan on posting more than 60 pics when i returned to the site, but now that i have got back into the groove of taking photos, i am finding myself having to delete pics that i don’t want to delete - due to the simple fact that i want to stick to one page.
I am interested to hear the opinions of other members and whether admin thinks it is feasible to change from 60 per page to 100 - i am a tech/intrnet moron, so i have no idea whether it is doable or not.
Peace & Love,
!*LF_the_DC*!
(((:

Similar topics: 1.Interface on your member pages   2.Show us ur favorite close up picture of ur own cock   3.Do most men find cocks like their own the sexiest?   4.How do you like my gallery?   5.Gallery Favorites  

New Comment

Comments:
By admin at 29,Jan,19 17:52 other posts of admin 
It's very simple. Most of people do not look beyond first 3 rows. Yet if they open the page all the images on it are loaded. Which is about 10Kb per thumbnail. You make 60 images on page - you get 600Kb per pageview, you have 200 images page - you get 2Mb per pageview. And it costs money. Or makes the pages load very slow if I'm not paying for additional bandwidth. Considering that most of people do not look beyond first 20 images anyway, it does not make much sense to show o lot of images per page.

I can probably make it as 1 page where images appear while you scroll down, this way it won't consume much since most of people won't look too far down. It can become problematic for your browser/device though. A page with 3000 images shown at once will probably freeze your browser.
By #460385 at 29,Jan,19 19:01
No thanks

By #569341 at 03,Mar,19 05:06
Fair enough, ad (: 👍. None of those options sound better. 60’s cool 👍🤝🥃

By #539473 at 09,Mar,19 17:15
Have you considered lazy loading the images so that only the ones that are above the fold are visible? I reckon you’d actually save a good 40-60% of your current bandwidth usage that way.
By admin at 09,Mar,19 18:22 other posts of admin 
That is actually what I said above. But if you slide all the way down on a profile with 2000 pics you will probably have your browser freezing or glitching on a smartphone.
By #539473 at 10,Mar,19 16:57
You’d probably still want pagination, yes. But implementing lazy loading without any other change to the site could still save you a lot of bandwidth - depending of course on how far down the average user scrolls on each page.

By #551147 at 29,Jan,19 17:40
I only go past the first page if I am intrigued enough to do so. I think if you can't capture my attention with the first 60 pictures I doubt an additional 40 will help you. Just my opinion of course.

That being said... I noticed you have 24 pictures of the exact same pose. Perhaps drop 22 or 23 leaving 1 or 2 and that will free up several spaces for you. In the mean time, we shall wait to see what Mr. Admin says. 🙂
By #569341 at 03,Mar,19 05:04
He got angry when he read that, Scorps - he has his favourite poses and he makes me post every pic that he likes. You know model types are - if you don’t pander to them, they chuck a fit. I have to live with the guy, so i try not to let him get pissed off 🤪
By #551147 at 09,Mar,19 07:48
Lol Cute!
By #569341 at 09,Mar,19 08:03
Now he’s even angrier, Scorps

By #568713 at 04,Feb,19 20:42
I'm close to 400 and still getting responses on some of my oldest photos.

By kebmo at 29,Jan,19 17:00 other posts of kebmo 
If I go to a profile and it has five or more pages of photos that are of decent quality and interest me I always click on most viewed. As the owner of your page it is your responsibility to make it inviting visitors to view pages passed the first one.

Now that we have galleries I am also inclined to see what galleries that they have created if I like the first page. If you have more than five pages I think you should create one or two, depending on the variety of your photos. If the title appeals to me I will view it. I love the new gallery option on my profile and others. Thanks for that Admin!

By #460385 at 29,Jan,19 14:16
I'm not sure I understand this. Is it really that difficult to click on the #2 page? I would think it would take the same amount of time as scrolling down 40 more pics. Administration usually will make changes if he sees it necessary, I don't know if this is necessary.
By Andthisisme at 29,Jan,19 14:28 other posts of Andthisisme 
You are right to say that it is not difficult to click on page #2 but I have to confess that unless I am specifically looking for something I seldom do. I don't think it is laziness per se, just that the first page is maybe not so exciting that you want to delve further. There have been occasions when i have gone to page 4 or 5 but they are vanishingly rare.

There are a number possible issues with having too many images on a page, or indeed having all images on a page as in tumblr.

If we want people to look at all of our pages then it is up to use to create the impetus to do that with the contents of our profiles.
By #460385 at 29,Jan,19 15:44
I don't know if I agree. Usually you can get a feel if you like someone's pics by seeing what's on their front page to decide if you want to look further. I don't want to call anyone lazy, but it might just be a little of that. Kinda like not reading a member's profile before you send an initial PM. You can learn a lot of what to say and not to say to a member by reading their profile first. I also check their friends list too. A lot of the time I read a profile claiming to be a female, straight, and interested in men. Then you check their friends list and it's all women.

By #509705 at 29,Jan,19 14:15
Good idea. We have about five pages. I'm sure most don't look past the first page.

By #570308 at 29,Jan,19 13:24
I have noticed that from time to time I get a comment on one of my older pics. But, ya, I’ve wondered the same thing. I don’t normally go past more than a couple of pages unless, as you say it’s a friend or has a really nice cock or lady that I like. Maybe even 75 or 100 per page. Worth the ask.

By Robben at 29,Jan,19 13:08 other posts of Robben 
Nice idea DCLF - Im not a programmer but why not 200 or 300 (well, all pics on one page)?

Adult Discussion Forum