Discover your full Abilities!

Want a bigger penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

question regarding wages

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by phart at 10,Sep,19 00:33  other posts of phart
3 people,making 10 bucks an hour.The workers have paid vacation and insurance.They are not getting wealthy but they are self supporting.

1 day suddenly the employer is told to pay 15 a hour. To do this 1 employee looses their job so the other 2 can earn that 5 bucks a hour more.
So we have 2 people working and 1 on the street in 6 months.
Is this good in the long run for the economy?

Similar topics: 1.FIRST CONTACT WITH A GUY   2.question   3."Answer"   4.Question for gay or bisexual men.   5.A question for my fellow Bi's, Gays, and or Lesbians...  

New Comment

Comments:
By Lvphose at 10,Sep,19 05:11 other posts of Lvphose 
No it is not! When the government arbitrarily sets a wage the employee may not have enough production as equal value of wage. So what’s an employer going to do? He/she will get as much bang for their buck as they can! Some jr. College trumps hs gra, what happens is the least educated, with no skills and no work experience are priced out of the labor market! If you could afford a $5,000 car but the gov says no now that’s a $10,000 car your priced out of the car market. Same thing happens in the labor market!
By #598172 at 11,Sep,19 01:35
I don't think it's arbitrary. $15 an hour is equal to $600 per week less taxes. That comes out to $2000 after payroll taxes. In major cities that barely gets you by. Were I live a 2 bedroom apt is going for $1400 a month. Then there's the utilities and food. $15 an hour is poverty wages.
By phart at 11,Sep,19 01:41 other posts of phart 
are you kidding? alot of folks around here make house payments making less 2000 a month.The standard of living must be mighty high there.Around here the average double wide rents for about 550 to 800 a month. House,about the same if it is a older 1.
By #598172 at 11,Sep,19 01:48
No, Phart. You must live in a semi rural area, but, in any decent size city, anywhere in America, has high shelter costs. Utilities are high too. An electric bill could be as high as in the $300s.
--------------------------------------- added after 118 seconds

Those $15 an hour ideas came from these city workers. Most fast food workers have to work 2 jobs
By phart at 11,Sep,19 01:50 other posts of phart 
WOW,I would shit If I had a power bill of 300 bucks! And we heat with Baseboard Heat!
our bill has never been over 275 in febuary running 3 fridges and baseboard heat.
By #598172 at 11,Sep,19 01:53
In the winter in North Carolina, my electric bill isabout $250 but I have to have natural gas for the furnace. In summer, with the central ac I pay almost $400
By phart at 11,Sep,19 01:56 other posts of phart 
Uh,you might check into getting some insolation work done.No kidding.
By #598172 at 11,Sep,19 02:58
I don't know why you are giving us unsolicited advice about our house. We never gave you any information.
By phart at 11,Sep,19 15:52 other posts of phart 
If your power bill is that high,there is some issue somewhere and that is a good place to start.

By phart at 11,Sep,19 01:45 other posts of phart 
If everyone got a equal raise of say 30% nothing would change about peoples standard of living.Because cost would go up to compensate for the pay increase.
You up the wage of a trash truck driver to 15 a hour,the trash service monthly fees will go up to cover it.So the 30% raise you got on your wages would go to cover that increase along with others. So it would all sound good,but in the end,the poor would still be poor,and the rich would be clicking right along as if nothing changed.
A low wage is supposed to motivate you to become more valuable,thus worth a pay increase.And to motivate you to move along to a better job so you can afford the standard of living you want.

Most any reputable employer will give their employes training to help them to be more productive and worthy of a pay increase.This training also helps to make you more desirable to a future employer if you decide to change jobs.
Even Mcdonalds helps employees climb the ladder.
By #598172 at 11,Sep,19 14:00
Over time you are right. A garbage collector would never make the money an engineer does. But, the correlation of one to the other stays constant. So, what happens? The burger joint has to increase the pay of it's counter people to $15. That's a 50% increase, but, it can't increase the price of it's burgers 50% because his business will crash. It might take 10 yrs to be back to making the profit margins he used to make. He still makes a decent profit so he stays in business. Now, after 10 yrs, the cost of living has increased to the point that the hamburger workers now want $20 per hour. This is an ongoing situation with the same eventual result. It's the reason mama always said, "Stay in school and go to medical school." Low paying, unskilled work, will always be the work of the poor.

By #275407 at 11,Sep,19 01:03
In my case, my employer took away our quarterly bonus which averaged six thousand a year and gave us two to four dollars an hour raise to keep with the rising wages. So another words we got fucked real good, looks good for our company so they can say there up with the standard pay hike, those bastards.
--------------------------------------- added after 3 minutes

I got a four dollar an hour raise last year and I still made exactly what I made the year b4
By #551147 at 11,Sep,19 01:36
Oh I'll give you a raise!
By phart at 11,Sep,19 01:40 other posts of phart 
A numbers game in other words.

By #275407 at 11,Sep,19 05:44
I bet you will

By admin at 10,Sep,19 01:47 other posts of admin 
Why $15? Why not to give everyone $100 per hour then everyone's life will be excellent. No, seriously, I want to know the answer, why those who advocate an increase to $15 do not want to increase it to $100?
By phart at 10,Sep,19 02:02 other posts of phart 
good point.

By #598172 at 11,Sep,19 01:29
I think $15 is a reachable point. $100 is not. Small victories are better than loosing the war

Adult Discussion Forum