Laughably Small Penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

Stay Hard as Steel!!!

Defining Sexual Orientation

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by #7976 at 18,Sep,10 08:01
I posted a rant on all the confusion about defining one's sexual orientation on my Blog. Check it out. It's my opinion but I think it is an objective and rational discussion of the issue.

Similar topics: 1.The influence of SYD on your sexual orientation   2.Is the glass half full or half empty?   3.Undercover Gay   4.Married Gay Guys..is it normal?   5.Your #1 Choice to Have Sexual Relations With (Famous or Not)  

New Comment

Comments:
By #106039 at 03,Oct,10 15:09
I think people should just forget definitions. Do what you and your partner want, but not forgetting the law or harming each other, and that's it.
By #23212 at 04,Oct,10 00:02
I NEVER "forget the law" that says, 'Limit/Maximum 55 MPH/90 KPH, but I have a terrible time with that one about 'sodomy'! Can anyone help?
By #106039 at 04,Oct,10 16:39
Sorry, can't help you. We don't have one of those here
By #23212 at 05,Oct,10 06:02
Neither do we.

By pifad at 04,Oct,10 05:30 other posts of pifad 
I am gay through and through

By #101402 at 03,Oct,10 23:18
There is no bi. Only the super horny

By #82813 at 20,Sep,10 03:44
thanks Bush for the topic--when I try to subdue this subject for anyone else to read, I end up feeling just like a dog chasing its tail! I read your blog and I do have a question: the str8 and gay subjects you used as examples--why would they not qualify for the bi definition and where is the line? It's a great topic to explore and I believe SYD offers a safe venue to be who we are without fear of exposure and possible negative consequence. And that's the pity--that we live in a world that mostly prefers dishonesty to pacify insecurity.
By #7976 at 20,Sep,10 07:25
Fair question and where the definitions are subject to interpretation. In each of the descriptions the operative clause is: "tendency to direct sexual desire toward ". One could say that anyone that isn't purely attracted to the same, or the opposite sex must be bisexual or ambisexual. However, we don't live in a world that's that black & white. If a person has a tendency to exclusively direct sexual desire toward another of the same/opposite sex to a higher level of desire or a higher percentage of the time, they may consider themselves to be heterosexual or homosexual however, they could also define themselves as bi or ambisexual as well. Without belaboring the possible combinations of tendency and/or desire, it comes down to this. In my opinion, whatever one defines oneself is what they are regardless of the yardstick they use. It isn't up to anyone else to try and label them with different definition because we have a different scale for measurement. If someone says they're straight but behaves on this site as if they were bi, so-be-it. If someone describes themselves as bisexual but only wants replies form one sex or the other, so-be-it. We all enjoy the freedom to define our sexual orientation without commentary, objection, or resentment for anyone else. Does this help?

By #23212 at 20,Sep,10 02:05
I like to alternate among being Multisexual, Pansexual, and Orthosexual.
By the way I saw Oxford and Larousse out to dinner recently--what a lovely couple they are, also.

By #10886 at 20,Sep,10 00:38
I think I am ambisexual!
By #7976 at 20,Sep,10 00:48
Ambisexual (and unisexual) add a new, and I think more relevant, level of definition to the basic three.

Adult Discussion Forum