Become an expert in
pussy licking!
She'll Beg You For More!

Male Multiple Orgasm
Discover your full Abilities!

Laughably Small Penis?
Enlarge it At Home
Using Just Your Hands!

Don't always believe what politicians tell you - be careful what you wish (vote) for

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by Andthisisme at 11,Oct,16 11:17  other posts of Andthisisme
In June the British people voted by a small majority for the United Kingdom to leave the European Union. Throughout the campaign the politicians advocating leave painted such a rosy picture of life outside the EU that many people, including those who felt disconnected with politics altogether along with those who felt they were not benefiting from the politics of the professional political elites based in London, believing that they would be better off and importantly that immigration would be curbed, voted to leave.

Immediately after the result was declared those who had been most vocal in the leadership of the 'leave' campaign rather than spelling out the route to this utopia immediately began to row back on their measurable claims saying that their message had been misunderstood; but persisting with the message that 'All will be well'

Today the Pound is at a 30 year low against the dollar, petrol and energy bills are set to soar in price as oil is priced in dollars, food and other imported products are set to rise inexorably and holidays and flights cost more as the value of the pound remains low. The very people who voted to leave in large numbers; the unemployed, the people on low incomes struggling to make ends meet are facing rising bills with no immediate end in sight. These people were misled by one or two charismatic politicians who themselves are actually quite well off.(Surprise surprise)

There is a saying 'Be careful what you wish for' ... There has to be a moral for other nations to learn from here.

Similar topics: 1.why do american politicians speek sow slow   2.Im just currius. HOW MANY CAN WE GET TO COMMENT THIS TOPIC?!   3.votes against pics...   4.Anonymously voting down pictures   5.Pic of the Month Contest vote problem  

New Comment

Comments:
By mr_blue at 13,Oct,16 22:38 other posts of mr_blue 
Exports have doubled from the UK...cuz of the exchange rate of the pound....so money is coming in,but you won't hear anything about that...only that the UK is in the shit....my ****'s workplace have seen exports triple....small businesses are doing OK..farmers can sell their livestock with a good profit... it's the multinationals that are bitching cuz their profits are getting hit...every country needs it ups and downs otherwise only the rich benefit...and companies keep expecting to make profit every year... it's just not possible to have continuous profit..
By Andthisisme at 15,Oct,16 11:07 other posts of Andthisisme 
All that you say may well be true but my point was and is, that no matter how exports thrive we in the Uk with a Ј to $ fall of 20% are going to see price rises as a result of that alone and other factors may also cause price rises too. I am prepared to bet that companies increasing their profits will not raise wages as quickly as the fall in the Ј will increase costs.
It is the disengaged people strggling to make ends meet who voted for brexit in large numbers who are going to feel this pain first and hardest. I don't think that they realised this would be a consequence of their leave vote as they were told everything would be fantastic.
By mr_blue at 18,Oct,16 22:16 other posts of mr_blue 
When you have nothing,what have you got to lose? And Cameron is the one who should be getting torn apart,not the leave voters....he was the one who promised a referendum if the conservatives were re-elected..he gambled and lost...
By Andthisisme at 19,Oct,16 11:36 other posts of Andthisisme 
I think there is a lot of truth in what you say. Many of the people voting to leave felt exactly that way. Unfortunately I do fear that the reality may be worse for them than they ever expected. I hope I am wrong.

By #93221 at 15,Oct,16 12:24
Very well said, that was really well written Andthisisme, you ought to post it on a few more sites.
By Andthisisme at 15,Oct,16 13:54 other posts of Andthisisme 
Thank you. The variety of responses is so interesting.

By admin at 15,Oct,16 12:34 other posts of admin 
I do not know much about UK, it's economy, it's people's mentality and it's relationship with EU. But I know that most of problems of developed countries now comes from bureaucracy. Most of developed countries today are welfare states. What most of people do not understand, those kind of states slowly develop over time a class of government functionaries, that eventually become a closed parasitic cast exploiting both working people and entrepreneurs. Taxes and government expenses tend to rise over time, efficiency and accountability of government drops, more and more funds are being stolen or spent without any real benefit to the people.

If you think your country is not that bad yet, it's only because it was not long enough. But you will feel it soon.

And back to EU - EU is an ultimate bureaucracy. The bigger bureaucracy gets the worse are consequences. I do not think UK will be worse apart than in EU. But I think UK has a bureaucracy of their own that is bad enough to be a problem for economy already and probably their economy will worsen even more soon. But not because they separate from UK.

That is purely my opinion, indeed. As I said, I do not really know enough to talk about it.

By admin at 11,Oct,16 16:59 other posts of admin 
I don't live in UK, but it's easy to find info that in UK gasoline (or diesel or whatever fuel) is taxed at GBЈ0.5795 per litre + 20% VAT on top of that, i.e. that 0.57 is taxed 20% too. It's safe to say, that fuel price you pay is more than a half tax and not it's real cost.

It does not have much to do with being or not being a part of EU.
By Andthisisme at 11,Oct,16 18:56 other posts of Andthisisme 
Oh with regards to the tax situation we all know and understand that but at the moment because of the fall in the Ј oil costs are rising and we are looking at a significant rise in the 'oil' component of the cost of petrol. The expected short term rise is 5p a litre - say 27.5 pence per gallon. Not insignifcant. The tax though is a whole other issue.
By phart at 12,Oct,16 01:49 other posts of phart 
The price per barrel of oil has rose for everyone. check the website only registered users can see external links and you can keep a eye on what it cost per barrel.
I think the Ahab's are pissed because Americans injured and that lost loved 1's due to the 9-11 attack can now sue them being being most of the flyers came from there. So their revenge is jack up our oil. But that will back fire yet again because we have our own damn oil.

By #517356 at 11,Oct,16 12:20
I have to say anybody who believed the hype and propaganda of either side of that vote should have done their homework . Both sides were making wild and hugely inaccurate statements to ' scare ' people . Petrol ..energy and everything else that is imported was always going to go up , which ever way you voted , as thats how big business makes money, exploiting the consumer...

I am sorry to say that neither side could ( or even still can ) predict what the future will hold for the UK ( unless they have a crystal ball ) Currently the UK is still in the EU.......and it is big business that is driving share values and the like in whatever direction they see fit.......
By phart at 11,Oct,16 15:25 other posts of phart 
regardless if that vote had ever happened, prices would go up. The world economy sucks right now,in the long run the EU should dissipate entirely and let each country control it's own borders and money. Sink or swim.

By Nevermore at 11,Oct,16 13:03 other posts of Nevermore 
I'm getting a hard Brexit right now.
By Andthisisme at 11,Oct,16 13:12 other posts of Andthisisme 
I am thinking your position might eventually 'soften'

Adult Discussion Forum