Stay Hard as Steel!!!

Become an expert in
pussy licking!
She'll Beg You For More!

PIC OF THE MONTH IS FLAWED

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by #535938 at 09,May,18 01:02
I recently replied to a post under the forum topic *"IS IT JUST ME"*. The topic I replied to was referring to the perception of several members that the current POTM section is flawed and often unfair. I happen to agree with this opinion. I thought it was deserving of it's own topic on the board. Below I will copy/paste my original reply explaining my personal view of the system, which includes some suggestions that might make it better. I hope to see you all post with your own suggestions. Perhaps we can refer the site admin to this post in hope that the POTM section will be revamped.

Original Post:
I COMPLETELY agree with this! Seems the whole voting system is flawed. It is definitely an issue. I ran for pic of month sometime last fall. I did end up winning, but it was a quite grueling process.

I started by asking my friends and contacts to help vote for me. It soon became clear, however, that my competition was going on a site wide campaign asking for votes. My reaction? Well... what the hell?... I've come this far. Might as well go big or go home. I crafted a polite message asking for votes and offered help in return. Most members were awesome about it, but I did encounter some who were offended by my asking (including a few who blacklisted).

I was, essentially, scrolling through the "members online" section on a daily basis towards the end, frantically sending out requests as fast as I could. I only just barely came out on top. My competition didn't bow out until the last few hours of voting. It ended up being a very trying experience!!

On the plus side, running for pic of the month gave my page more exposure on the site than I've ever had. The pic I was running with still has the largest number of views to date. On the down side, feeling like I needed to relentlessly ask for votes on a daily basis took all the fun out of being here. It was so exhausting that I took a break from the site for a few months. Sure, I could have decided it wasn't worth it and left it at that. However, I was still relatively new here and felt challenged to win my first POTM trophy. I've yet to re-enter for POTM for these reasons.

Hopefully something can be done to even out the playing field, as you say. I think part of the problem is that unless a member requests another to vote, most members don't seem to visit the POTM section or feel motivated to vote in general. Aside from the lead 2 or 3, most submissions have less than 50 overall votes and the majority are less than 20. Perhaps the site could provide some incentive to all members, such as offering a once daily point bonus for voting for POTM. This would drive traffic to the POTM section and possibly negate the need for people to feel that they need to ask for votes. I also agree that something needs to be done with the [NOT] vote. Either remove it completely, or perhaps they could design it so that giving a [NOT] vote would require spending a certain amount of points. Well... those are my thoughts on the matter!

Hope to hear from all of you in regards to your suggestions for improvement!

Similar topics: 1.Going a Month without Jerking off...........   2.PIC OF THE MONTH - GREAT FEATURE!   3.Cum4Steffi: Pls Vote For Pic Of Month. I Was Close Last Mo.!   4.Less and less members   5.Pic of the month  

New Comment

Comments:
By #569341 at 28,Oct,19 05:43
To lix, the thing that is so brave that “it” can only talk shit about me whilst hiding behind “it’s” scheming-blacklist.
You and your toy seem to be doing a pretty awesome job at spamming for votes in Pic Of The Month. The spamming in groups, let alone “invite only” groups, is a class move - as always. You inherited the moderator role of the Australian Member group from someone who inherited it from me when i was here as Lover_Fighter (a long time before the lix/187 plague hit this site). Banning me from it & the 2nd top Australian female was...pathetic. Making it “invite only” so that you & your lil fella could have a captive audience...🤪🤪🤪!
Asking friends for votes is extremely comparable to relying on your mother & spamming in whatever way you can find 👎.
lix-junior has 296 positive votes on a picture with only 212 views, 4 favings & 5 comments.
Watch that ‘activity meter’ fellow members...the 12th most popular pic (4th least popular pic) is coming 2nd by 260 positive votes over the picture in 3rd (which is twice as popular). It will probably even pass mine because the scummy, spam-couple own it. You have no shame/pride whatsoever, do you?
Also, watch the epic cheat they’ll pull off if i still have a decent lead on the last day (mass positive vote for mini-lix, mass negative vote for me); and then, if you are friends with them, re-evaluate that friendship & how you rate their character/s (lack thereof).
You’re both jokes, cheats, cowards and embarrassments!
Come get me 😘 👍.
A dedication: only registered users can see external links
By bella! at 28,Oct,19 12:48 other posts of bella! 
Hi. Would you be kind enough to speculate how you were able to receive a combined amount of almost 400 votes, thus far? There's a such an imbalanced proportion of men to women here and it seems like there are not enough women to go around so it such a surprise to find that the SYD members are not as enthusiastic in selecting their SYC favorite. Why do you suspect that your picture and Aussieman187's picture have commanded so much attention and created a voting frenzy? If I calculated correctly, the TOTAL number of votes placed for the SYC contestants is only 143 votes and that is for all 3 contestants while both you and Aussieman187 have well over 300 votes, EACH.
By mr_blue at 28,Oct,19 13:43 other posts of mr_blue 
Do the female members who enter actually campaign for votes?
Now you can't send the link directly for potm,I imagine it's a bit more difficult to get votes..

Maybe the members already know who is going to win,so don't bother to vote....
Who knows.... another wonder of Syd/Syc
By bella! at 28,Oct,19 14:08 other posts of bella! 
As for SYC members, I can only speak about what I did. The first month I entered, I wrote one blog and asked for support and I was thrilled to receive over 100 votes. The second month I wrote another blog but approximately midway through the month, I was losing ground and asked a member if I could "campaign" in their group and was told that I could. I don't really think that I received much or any help by way of that campaign, even though my request was made in a fairly successful group.

Thank you for your response mr_blue, but I do hope that Demon will respond.

By #569341 at 28,Oct,19 22:56
Friends, b! Not spamming everywhere like them. The women’s side isn’t campaigning coz there is no need - the best pic will win regardless

By #502711 at 28,Oct,19 22:02
Demoncleaner having a cry. What a bitch. You're winning & still having a winge. Loser I hope that trophy makes you feel better, little girl
By #569341 at 28,Oct,19 22:52
Hugely intelligent response, you bearded monkey. 👍
By #502711 at 29,Oct,19 00:49
Likewise fuckwit.

By #601496 at 02,Nov,19 23:38
WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING SO MUCH? EVERYONE SPAMS. YOU AND THE AUSSIES ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES. SOYRAJA COMES TO MIND. BELLA COMES TO MIND. EVERYONE IS WRITING BLOGS BEGGING FOR VOTES. AND WHAT FOR? A SILLY, CHILDISH GAME OF "LOOK AT ME. AM I PRETTY?" ITS OK TO COMPETE EVEN THOUGH 20% OF THE MEMBERS ARE ABLE TO COMPETE, BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY OR MONTH, WHO CARES?

By #485312 at 02,Nov,19 22:18
the life has absolutely been SUCKED out of the pic of month contest, l wont enter it ever again, as it was changed every time l went in it. why cant people just leave well enough alone?? let admin have his site the way he want it???... but alas. the kill joys of the site have made it so that you have to be verified to enter, which wipes out most of the site from entering, now there is barely any one in there to vote for, you cant campaign for votes or ask anyone with a link to contest, which l thought would be stimulating others to use it, most don't even know it exists till someone mentions it to them. you cant use the same copied messages anywhere, why don't we just squeeze the life out of it so that the angry old lump and only its friends can be the only ones to win it??. l wont vote for any one unless lm asked to, l believe the people who ask are the people who want it ... funny how a CONTEST isn't a contest anymore. just 3 women entered last month, and you call that a contest ??? takes at least 4 entrants to start any random pic comp, but the main comp of the site can run with just one entrant now.. instead of EVERYONE being allowed to enter. not just the whingers and whiners .. if you keep sucking the life out something, eventually it will die.. *lix*

By admin at 09,May,18 12:47 other posts of admin 
The POTM contest is a popularity contest therefore those who do most campaigning and are better in it will always win no matter what.

Besides, I like it exactly as it is. It's optimized for maximum drama and butthurt. If you are a Millennial that get used to receive participation awards for nothing - just don't be a part of it. I already changed excitement top so that everyone gets award for participation and it instantly killed all the heat around it as I expected. I'm not gonna kill the heat around this one.
By Roadie_is_back at 09,May,18 13:06 other posts of Roadie_is_back 
I could not agree more Do NOT change it. The winner DESERVES the award the worked so hard for!
By #485312 at 21,Oct,19 11:44
so much for the POM not changing, the cry baby that wasn't going to beg for votes, had it changed and is now vote begging.. *lix*

By #535938 at 10,May,18 21:01
First of all, thank you for your reply! I've since re-evaluated my opinion on the matter. I suppose I got stuck on a train of thought and vomited out ideas here. I'd like to make it clear that I am in no way begrudging of any of the members who have ran or won POTM. I understand better now the importance of having one trophy and the fact that each winning member has worked hard to deserve their trophy. More than anything, I suppose, I'd like to see more members participating in the POTM section and more incentive for members (who don't receive requests) to vote. Either way, if you feel that the current system is best, then keep it the way it is.

To be clear, though I may be a millennial, I've worked for everything I have both in real life and here on the site. I did mention in my original post that I worked hard to win my POTM trophy and won it fair and square. I don't expect anything for free and I will not make any demands to. Thanks again for your response!

By #460385 at 11,May,18 14:40
Well since we stopped asking for votes in the POTM contest 2 days ago. We have received 30 votes and the Sea Cow has received 170. Just goes to show you, if you want to win you better be the best begger. And by the way, someone let Lix know, (since we are blacklisted). We let her win.
By #487013 at 11,May,18 15:34
I'm still having a hard time finding that there are over 800 people on site, none the less ones that are blind and find it sexy...

By #502711 at 18,Jun,18 03:10
Aww, sore losers. She wins many free theme contests without even asking for one single vote. Your woman is much younger but still feels the need to compete against licksipsuckit. That is so hilariously laughable. You guys have never, as far as I know, said or done anything negative by me. But you talk so much shit about lix & feel like you need to prove how much better you think you are than her that it just proves how insecure you are. It makes me lol.
By #460385 at 18,Jun,18 10:18
Not sore losers, we just proved a point. It's not always the best pic that wins. It's who promotes their pic the best. And trust me, we know they're is no one better at promoting themselves then Lix. Besides we weren't talking about the Free Themed Pic Contest. Our issue was with the last POTM contest. Lix had over 1,100 votes. In a contest that usually takes 100 votes to win. Now, I was man enough to let everyone know what I was doing during that contest. We asked for a shit load of votes. Over 800 votes. Now if you want to talk shit, then at least man up and tell the truth. Look at this months POTM. About 70 votes right now. So you can blow smoke up everyone's ass, thinking that 1,100 members voted for her on their own. But we know how she won, by begging. You talking shit about being insecure, hah. Insecurity comes in many forms my friend. And wanting to rule this site and proclaim yourself as the Queen, is one of them.
By #502711 at 18,Jun,18 13:10
I never said she didn't canvas for votes for POTM, of course she did, that's the game. You asked for up to 800 votes too, so don't act like you guys didn't want to beat her. POTM month, as I say, is like running for president. If you wanna win you have to campaign. If you don't like it, don't enter. But hey, neither of us have entered this month. There's still a chance for you to win & feel validated
By #460385 at 18,Jun,18 13:35
We don't need validation, LMAO.
By #502711 at 18,Jun,18 13:43
Good on ya

By bella! at 18,Jun,18 14:29 other posts of bella! 
CountryCouple54 , I pointed this out before and since mighty midget won't be able to read this, I hope someone (leo) takes a screenshot and passes this along. You have 748 friends and received over 800 votes on your picture. She has 1800 friends and received a combined vote of only 1100 votes, both [HOT] and [NOT]. Although she won, do the math, she has 1,000+ more friends than you but in all actuality, only won by an additional 200 or so points.
By #460385 at 18,Jun,18 14:39
Thanks bella. I know it hurts us that we only carry 22 members on our friends list. Not the allowed 500. So when we post a new pic only 22 of you get a notification. Compared to 500 members getting that notification. But we wouldn't change that. Unlike what AussieMan thinks. We have posted 250 pics and every pic has 800 views up to almost 9,000 views. That is what we are here for. He thinks we are in some competition with them. That's so untrue. The point to what we did last month was to show members exactly what POTM is all about. The Aussies need this site. We don't.
By bella! at 18,Jun,18 15:14 other posts of bella! 
You have proven that CountryCouple54 is consistently able to upload pictures that are always amazing. Your pictures are relevant, from this decade and reflects that (I'm talking about your missus) even after 40 years old and having multiple chi.ldren, women are extremely sexy and desirable!

Uh, to you mister, you are one lucky duck.
By #460385 at 18,Jun,18 15:50
Yeah I hear that a lot.
By bella! at 18,Jun,18 15:55 other posts of bella! 
That you are a lucky duck? Well, dammit, you are! I would wager to say that you have friends, or know people who don't have anything close to the dynamics that you have in your marriage.
By #460385 at 19,Jun,18 12:51
That would be correct. We have had a good and exciting 25 years together. And up to this point we're not bored of each other yet. LOL
By bella! at 19,Jun,18 14:38 other posts of bella! 
I hope you have 25 more good and exciting years together. And as for the concern of getting bored, I can't imagine that will ever happen!

By #535938 at 09,May,18 02:11
I'd like to further elaborate on my suggestions for improvement. In regards to voting, perhaps the one vote per member per pic could be revamped to where every site member is allowed to vote for one pic per day.

I'd also like to see some point incentive to help draw members to the POTM section. Perhaps a 5 to 10 point daily bonus for voting? As I stated above, I'd like to either see the [NOT] option done away with or revamped. If the [NOT] vote stays than perhaps there could be a 5 to 10 point expenditure to vote [NOT] with no point bonus for voting that way.

To help mitigate people spamming for votes perhaps the link to individual POTM contestants could be done away with. Additionally, there could be 3 or 4 tiers of trophys. Gold/Silver/Bronze or Platinum/Gold/Silver/Bronze. In that way more people might find it worth their time to place themselves in the running.

If something along these lines were implemented more people would be encouraged to vote and would hopefully create a situation where the best man/women wins according to whoever has more votes under the revamped system. Currently the most popular/most visible/most vote requesting members end up on top. Granted, it's nothing to scoff at as it takes plenty of work to get there. I just don't think that it truly reflects what should be considered "Pic Of The Month" status.
By #487013 at 09,May,18 02:51
These are good and well thought ideas but it won’t stop the people who live on this site, and need it to validate themselves from advertising themselves on site and begging for votes like a hobo on the free way asking for change.
By #535938 at 09,May,18 02:57
That's entirely true! Though, any improvement is better than none! Thanks for your comment!

By Roadie_is_back at 09,May,18 13:05 other posts of Roadie_is_back 
PLEASE do NOT get offended but: Anything worth winning is a LOT of HARD work and determination. I grew up in the times when there was ONE (1) WINNER ! Whether you are 2nd or last, you did not win. Platinum/Gold/Silver/Bronze is getting very close to the participation awards Admin mentioned. I give ALL the winners credit for their hard work and they deserve the Trophy. Bronze, Silver etc would diminish the POTM Trophy. Again, do not get offended, just giving my opinion. Good luck to all who enter. On a side note, you have incredibly hot pictures !
By #535938 at 10,May,18 21:06
No offense taken I appreciate all the opinions here. On second thought, the tiered trophys do diminish the point of having a POTM win. You are correct in the sense that the winners have put in plenty of work and are deserving of their trophy. See my reply to admin for more details. Thanks for your reply and the awesome compliment!!
By Roadie_is_back at 10,May,18 23:16 other posts of Roadie_is_back 
First, you are welcome for the compliment. Very well deserved.

Second, I in no way meant to imply that you did not work hard for everything. Being a winner of a POTM clearly shows that you are willing and able to do it. For that, I give you much credit.

Lastly and MOST important, you were man enough and strong enough to say "I've since re-evaluated my opinion on the matter" after listening what others say. THAT takes a BIG man to do so! You are clearly a wise man !
By #535938 at 11,May,18 20:45
Aaaawww... Very sweet of you to say! Thanks a bunch!!

By #556372 at 09,May,18 15:00
i'm new here so i wont give advice but, from what you say, the most popular people have an advantage,,,is this good or bad??? i don't know, but, their effort is worth something,, just saying,,
By #502711 at 19,Jun,18 11:37
Whoever wins is the one that deserves it. Should we give trophies to everyone for participating? That's horse shit. Whoever wins, deserves it. Whether I like them or not, they deserved it. The winner is the one that wanted it bad enough.
By #556372 at 19,Jun,18 11:54
not everyone can be president
By #502711 at 19,Jun,18 12:44
True!

By #556372 at 19,Jun,18 13:02
How about a "term limit" of sorts. If someone enters the competition this month, he or she is barred from entering the next two months,

By Andthisisme at 18,Jun,18 10:43 other posts of Andthisisme 
In my view any one who spams members asking for votes should be automatically disqualify from that months vote. I get so many messages from members asking for my votes who never contact me at any other time.
By bella! at 18,Jun,18 13:50 other posts of bella! 
That's a good suggestion, perhaps that is a "fix" that could be implemented.

By mr_blue at 18,Jun,18 15:16 other posts of mr_blue 
It's a competition,if you don't have the time to be on this site all day,or don't have many friends...How do you gather the votes then ? I tried the non spam way,it doesn't work,I tried the spam way,still didn't work..
Now people might understand why admin has left the not vote option in the potm contest,just so people who didn't like the unwanted messages can show their annoyance...
I know when I started to ask any member online I got 'not' votes....
So removing someone from a competition where they have to ask people they don't know for votes is not likely to work...
I think admin should leave potm as is,he created the themed contests also,and that is the same, people spamming for votes...
Unfortunately some people don't know what's going on unless they are prompted/asked/spammed...

By #460385 at 16,May,18 13:26
Since we stopped begging for votes last week for POTM contest. We have received 40 votes. Lix has received 300 votes. Way to go Lix, that has to be some kind of new record. On the men's side the contest leader is around 200 votes. But Lix has an astounding 1,050 votes. Hot damn. I didn't even know there were a thousand members on this site. Something smells fishy, or maybe that's just the snatch I smell.
By DeepThroatThis at 16,May,18 18:48 other posts of DeepThroatThis 
Just saw this on the home page...Members 21025. I'd say most are passive and many not active.....1,050 votes is still pretty impressive though. I think Admin is trying to figure out a way to level the playing field with the new contest categories.....it may work better. I like it so far but there may be too many categories. I entered a cumshot video and the format seems to be working ok
By bella! at 16,May,18 20:24 other posts of bella! 
With regard to the new photo contest and "too many categories", there's only too many categories JUST BECAUSE. It's going to happen when membership can pay their 20 points and create whatever they want. I really have to wonder if the members who create these contests are really putting any thought into them before they do so?

There was one contest created and it had to do with "SEXY" however the person spelled sexy wrong and decided to create a new contest but spell it correctly. Also, members are getting too weird and wild with their titles which in my head, conveys their expectations. There's one contest that caught my eye, it was something about pointy nipples and big bellies. I mean, what if you have pointy nipples and a flat belly or a big belly and flat nipples?
By JustWill at 17,May,18 02:17 other posts of JustWill 
I think some members are missing the point with the new contest section. There are a few contests posted that are titled [MEMBER'S NAME] by that member's name.

By bella! at 17,May,18 02:23 other posts of bella! 
I noticed that, too.

Strangely, I was looking at the various photo contests and some don't appear to have any rhyme or reason. What caught my attention was there were several photo contests that were created by the same member that were dedicated to balls. The best photo from behind, the best photo from below, the best photo from the side....... Yikes, people! Do balls look that much different based on which way you're photographing them?

By bella! at 16,May,18 20:32 other posts of bella! 
I think you have done a bang up job in the Pic of the Month contest. Have you noticed that you and your wife have had 736 members befriend you and have received the votes of over 800 members. On the other hand, *lix* has had 1806 members befriend her yet has only seen 1053 votes cast on her behalf. YOU have seen more than 110% participation and that's nothing to sneeze at.
By DeepThroatThis at 16,May,18 23:20 other posts of DeepThroatThis 
Bella our certified mathematician is correct

By bella! at 09,May,18 01:31 other posts of bella! 
You have offered admin some good things to think about!
By #535938 at 09,May,18 02:22
Glad you think so! Feel free to include any of your own suggestions. If you think any of my ideas are unfeasible let me know how you would alter them.
By DeepThroatThis at 09,May,18 15:52 other posts of DeepThroatThis 
Very good observation and well spoken

By Darthshame at 09,May,18 05:12 other posts of Darthshame 
I honestly don't even know where the pic of month comp is. It might help to make it easier to find.
By #535938 at 09,May,18 06:08
The pic of the month is shown on the main page at the far right side near the top. It displays last months POTM and the current POTM with the most votes so far. You can also find a link under the games section.
By Darthshame at 09,May,18 06:52 other posts of Darthshame 
Thanks. I always thought that those were the winners.

Adult Discussion Forum