Become an expert in
pussy licking!
She'll Beg You For More!

Stay Hard as Steel!!!

"Can't log out"

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by admin at 18,Jul,10 15:59  other posts of admin
I got tired of this question so I'm writing the explanation here once and for all.

First of all, the logout code is extremely primitive and has not been changed for years. It literally looks like this:

setcookie("member", "",time()-100000,"/");

This simply tells your internet browser that cookie "member" where your login session data are stored has an expiration date in past and thus must be deleted by the browser. This is totally complying to the specifications.

If this code does not work - that means either your browser is not processing it according to the specifications, which is, by the way, very unlikely unless you have installed some addons or your internet provider employs very stupid admins who can't correctly maintain their caching proxies or firewalls or other kind of routing servers.

I had this problem myself once when one of my internet providers decided to mess with their software - half of the sites was showing me outdated contents, side effects of which were - I could not logout of some sites or could not login in some that I was not logged in before. I even physically deleted login cookies from the browser and tried to view the sites through other browsers I was not even logged in ever on those sites - it was still showing me that I logged in. Luckily it lasted only one week, then they managed to get their shit straight. But it was very frustrating. Via another internet provider all worked fine in the same time.

Bottom line - I have nothing to do with this and I cannot cure this. There is nothing wrong with logout on this site's end. You can try deleting cookies manually, google how to do it in your particular browser. For example, for IE - only registered users can see external links just be warned that in IE you will delete all your cookies, not only for this site. In Opera you can delete any specific cookies.

But, as I said, if the problem is in your internet provider, this won't help.

New Comment

Comments:
By Sir-Skittles at 27,May,22 16:18 other posts of Sir-Skittles 
What is this button for?

hornyroy72

A site genius

By #640438 at 24,May,22 11:07
How can I delete my profile
By bella! at 24,May,22 11:35 other posts of bella! 
On the right side of your home page, under your listed points, is MEMBERSHIP. Click on MEMBERSHIP there are editing options, an option to upgrade your membership, customer support and finally, DELETE PROFILE. The DELETE PROFILE option is the one to choose, easy, breezy, BOOM!, buh-bye, Hornyroy72 !

By leopoldij at 24,May,22 22:32 other posts of leopoldij 
You take your laptop or phone, log into showitoff, and place it face up on a microwave plate. Make sure the device is at least 800 W. Start the microwave and let it work for 2 minutes and 25 seconds. You must time it. Then remove the phone with an oven glove, cover it with extra virgin olive oil, leave it for 40 minutes, and then wash with soap and water for 10 minutes. Dry it carefully with a hair dryer. Let it cool off. You're done. Account deleted.

By Sickboy at 07,Apr,15 23:56 other posts of Sickboy 
Just clear all Cookie data. Then you are logged out.... no cookies no data..... yum yum yum... cookies!!!,

By ubob4me at 07,Apr,15 20:04 other posts of ubob4me 
Thanks for the explanation. Too much for me to think about let alone understand. I'll just remain logged in until whenever. b

By #147052 at 07,Mar,13 15:17
I have had no problems with Firefox.....I switched when it first came out and haven't had any problems in the logging out from websites. I dump cookies each time I exit. Plus I am running two separate virus protection programs that do a fairly decent job.

By slipper at 21,Jul,10 05:48 other posts of slipper 
What difference does it make, anyway? Just curious.
By #23212 at 21,Jul,10 05:54
Do you mean, the difference if you log out or not??
By slipper at 24,Dec,12 03:25 other posts of slipper 
Yes, I never bother and I'm always "logged out" if I'm gone more than a minute or two.
By #23212 at 24,Dec,12 07:11
Wow, after 2 1/2 years waiting for your answer, I can now sleep peacefully, my friend.

By bigguy at 23,Dec,12 19:17 other posts of bigguy 
I keep going back an click logout and it does logout after several attempts, just a thought.

By spermkiss at 29,Apr,11 17:46 other posts of spermkiss 
Suspicions confirmed! Thank you site administrator. My internet provider (Comcast) often leaves a bit to be desired. This is yet another flaw in their system.

By MoeJoe at 19,Jul,10 09:08 other posts of MoeJoe 
I get frustrated with IE, but when I tried Firefox, I had so much trouble in the cahngeover that it wasn't worth the effort...I lost favorites, some pgms wouldn't work, plug-ins were fucking up, so I reluctantly went back to IE.

By #23212 at 19,Jul,10 00:18
It has been my experience that most every other browser, other than Internet Explorer?, allows the deleting of each specific cookie--Mozilla browsers (Firefox?, Navigator?, Camino?, etc.), Safari?, etc. Why people continue using Microsoft's IE when there are many other, IMHO, better and faster browsers, is hard to understand, other than perhaps simple inertia?

Adult Discussion Forum