Using Just Your Hands!

Male Multiple Orgasm
Discover your full Abilities!

Stay Hard as Steel!!!

Private messages - a plea to Admin!!

This is an Adult Discussion Forum of Show It Off Site
If you wish to participate you should register on that site and write there

Started by _avg_ at 29,Apr,15 05:04  other posts of _avg_
Can you please (please *PLEASE*) restore PM-ability to it's former state?? 'Disable ad-block' -- surely you jest!! Not for this site, not for ANY site.

I once could PM here freely, as I could chat freely, but the restrictiveness of the communication-ability of this site hurts me, hurts it, hurts *you*.

Thanks for your consideration,

Similar topics: 1.Private Messages   2.Members private messages   3.Another small addition   4.Unable to private message some people.   5.new messages  

New Comment

Comments:
By _avg_ at 10,Jun,15 03:04 other posts of _avg_ 
So, I think I found a work-around, for anyone else that may be having my problem.

Again, the salient point here is that I *can* send PMs on SYC...EVEN WITH my adblock enabled.

If I want to send a PM to a member of SYD, I start the PM to that member, go to the address bar and change the word "dick" to "cunt" and hit enter....the dialogue box magically appears!!

Annoying, but at least I can communicate freely again....
By mr_blue at 10,Jun,15 22:13 other posts of mr_blue 
Try logging in via 'showitoff' and see if that helps ?
By _avg_ at 12,Jun,15 01:06 other posts of _avg_ 
Thanks for the suggestion. Indeed, PMs also work properly when the domain name is showitoff....

By #85103 at 29,Apr,15 05:13
You can disable Ad-Block for your private messages page y'know. It wouldn't cause you any problems.
By _avg_ at 02,May,15 02:20 other posts of _avg_ 
No chance I disable ad-block -- not for this sire, not for ANY site.

It once worked together -- why the change?? Why not change back??
By admin at 02,May,15 03:04 other posts of admin 
I cannot "change it back". It's not me who changed something. It's the other way around - somewhere in 2011 those morons added a rule that blocks all iframes on this site as easy way to block ads, part of which are shown in iframes. But since the chat also uses iframes it became non-functional for those who use adblock.

And I see no reason to do anything to make it work with this site again. That would be just plain stupid. It's not my fuckup in the first place and even if it was - I have no intention to encourage a use of ad-blocking software. You ha.te ads so much - buy a membership.
By _avg_ at 02,May,15 05:49 other posts of _avg_ 
It's not that I have a problem with ads, per se -- they don't bother me anywhere else on the site...I've even clicked a few of them; besides, it was only recently (like a few months ago, not 2011) that PMs became unusable to me.

The issue is security; simply put, adblock reduces my exposure to risk -- risk you have literally nothing to do with. And again, I've used adblock while visiting this site for YEARS without issue, until recently.

Please understand: I'm not accusing you of any shenanigans. It's probably at the host level, anyway (like the censored words list), so your hands are tied... but I had to ask, all the same.

By spermkiss at 07,Jun,15 15:44 other posts of spermkiss 
"You ha.te ads so much - buy a membership." Right on site administrator!

Notice the little icon next to my name? That means that I am paying a modest monthly fee for my membership. One of the perquisites I get for that fee is freedom from advertising. Does anyone think that the site administrator is running this site as a philanthropic gift to mankind? Anyone who does not have an icon is getting a free ride and the advertisers and paying members are paying your way. You may thank us whenever you're ready.
By admin at 07,Jun,15 16:25 other posts of admin 
Reading his other posts I think his problem is that he has too many of anti-viral, pop-up blocking and ad-blocking software on his pc that is messing with a correct work of sites, not just this one...

By #124665 at 11,Jun,15 03:51
spermkiss

By #451452 at 07,Jun,15 04:10
I suspect that firewall settings at somewhere along the data path are the problem. Also possibly java settings or java version.
By _avg_ at 07,Jun,15 04:28 other posts of _avg_ 
Except, PMs work on SYC and not SYD. Looking at the page code, there's literally no difference besides the name. I'm as flummoxed as Admin. :shrug:

By #316057 at 03,May,15 08:41
I use firefox works good

By pifad at 03,May,15 08:29 other posts of pifad 
Works fine for me

By _avg_ at 02,May,15 06:36 other posts of _avg_ 
OK, weird....PMs are working fine for me on the SYC site, but not on SYD??? Any ideas???
By admin at 02,May,15 15:43 other posts of admin 
The only thing that is different is color of the page. So it's something on your side - pop-up blocker, anti-virus, or even something at provider level. I cannot know what.

By jackd at 02,May,15 07:52 other posts of jackd 
I don't use ad-block,have pop up stopper and have no problems with PM's

Adult Discussion Forum